HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

vCash: 500
I just simmed a game in an Edmonton Oil Kings season mode and won 18-0, lol. Wow.

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

Does anyone know how to turn off auto backwards skating for Dman in EASHL? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it's possible

edit: nevermind, found it.

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 01-03-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Greeningfan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
I just simmed a game in an Edmonton Oil Kings season mode and won 18-0, lol. Wow.
Haha wow

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:11 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Im trying to get some authentic goal horns and a few songs on my xbox for nhl 13...thing is, I have no idea how to do that. Would anyone be able to tell me how i would do that?
I recommend Cycloniac's NHL 13 Music Pack. The link to it is http://www.operationsports.com/forum...usic-pack.html

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:54 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeron View Post
Does anyone know why I can't watch replays of goals, hits or whatever during intermission. You're suppose to be able to select the replay you want to watch and hit Y, but it always says 'No Replay' with a camera to the left. Any help would be appreciated!
Assuming you have a 360 Slim with a 4GB "hard drive". It's not an actual harddrive its just internal memory so the system detects that you don't have a harddrive and therefore has no where to save the highlights to. Its the same if you play halo and try to download or save anything to your fileshare it doesn't detect a hard drive. 2 ways around it are A. taking apart your xbox and plugging in an old hard drive (will void your warranty) but it is fairly easy there are youtube videos that take you step by step through it and aftermarket cases you can get on ebay that will allow you to plug it in the top of the xbox same as you did on the older model. or B. Get a new Xbox that is not the 4GB version. Any of the other ones have an actual hard drive built into it. I have no idea why Xbox did it that way nor why plugging in a USB drive no matter how large cannot be used as a replacement for one. But yea... IMO if you got by this long on a 4GB HD might as well just live without it and wait until next gen console's come out which should be in the next year or so.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Passchendaele

So I started a Be A Pro with a prospect in the Flames' system, and right away, before the regular season begins, the Flames trade Jarome Iginla for Joe Antilla.

What is this.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:42 PM
The Right Price

Alright so which key players/prospects are missing from the latest update?

Baertschi
Yakupov (Face #139)
Anyone else?

I will go back to the default rosters, copy their stats (+ fine tune) into the newest update and should have a solid BeAGM.

Lindholm is in the game under the free agent list, right? Can he play for Brynas and still be drafted in 2013? I guess you first move him to Brynas and then edit his year.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

vCash: 50
I was simming a playoff game and it went into overtime so I intervened, well at the start of the period it showed the faceoff stats. It was 50/93 for my team. How the hell do you have 93 faceoffs in 60 minutes?

Baarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:45 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
So I started a Be A Pro with a prospect in the Flames' system, and right away, before the regular season begins, the Flames trade Jarome Iginla for Joe Antilla.

What is this.
Flames hired Milbury.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Well, at least NHL Moments Live will now be somewhat useful.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Hell yeah! They completely put it to waste by not putting more moments from last year in as DLC, so hopefully they give us some good ones for this season.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Maybe now they will finally fix the rosters.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
FLYguy3911

Anyone else get a prompt for a roster update?

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:23 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
If they had a sense of humor, they would add an NHL Moment that is a fight between players named Bettman and Fehr.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Has anyone ever had the "problem" where you EASHL team never plays a home game? This season, out of 14 games my team has played 1 home game. It just seems ridiculous.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Skip Bayless
Kristers God-levskis

vCash: 629
I'd like to see a patch with the new CBA, specifically next year's cap, end-of-season buyouts, and the updated schedule. Doubt we see anything like that until NHL 14 though.

Skip Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
stlblues9

I just bought the game the other day and when I was going through the players in the CHL and the younger players in the European leagues, I noticed that every player has yellow stars and most of the players are 2.5 stars. Is there somewhere I can go to find good edited star ratings for these players to make it more realistic. It's kind of annoying that Mckinnon ends up being drafted in like the 4th round and Galchenyuk isn't any good.

I'm also wondering if anybody has created Drouin? I was able to find Seth Jones and a few others but I would like add Drouin into the game.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
I just bought the game the other day and when I was going through the players in the CHL and the younger players in the European leagues, I noticed that every player has yellow stars and most of the players are 2.5 stars. Is there somewhere I can go to find good edited star ratings for these players to make it more realistic. It's kind of annoying that Mckinnon ends up being drafted in like the 4th round and Galchenyuk isn't any good.

I'm also wondering if anybody has created Drouin? I was able to find Seth Jones and a few others but I would like add Drouin into the game.
If you have Xbox Live or PSN then you can download a roster update that has Drouin and others in the game.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzerman View Post
I'd like to see a patch with the new CBA, specifically next year's cap, end-of-season buyouts, and the updated schedule. Doubt we see anything like that until NHL 14 though.
Doubt we see that until NHL 15.

Kellogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:32 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
If you have Xbox Live or PSN then you can download a roster update that has Drouin and others in the game.
Unfortunately, I don't.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Two things I hate about this game:

1. if you pass off on a 2 on 1 you're almost guaranteed to get stonewalled by an unreal save.

2. A team gets absolutely dominated by you and within the last 1-2 minutes they always seem to score, it's like the game is fixed to try and even out your record.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Smyth94
RIP kristians pelss

Send a message via MSN to Smyth94
what's with the latest roster from december sven Baertschi is missing and i go by in roster downloads he's there now. also i cant find justin schultz he was there when i downloaded it then i go on today and he's gone

Smyth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
David71

are they gonna put justin schultz picture on the edmonton roster profile in the next update?

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Decided to try EASHL again(haven't played since last year, only played a bit of nets) and had the urge to try goalie. Pretty fun. Played well all three games in my mind. First game we won, 6-5. We got outshot 32-15 and they scored two in the final few minutes. Next game we lost 6-4, got outshot AGAIN 19-10. The players proceeded to tell me I "****ing suck" around the fifth goal, despite making a few big saves. I wanted to plug my mic in and ask them how they expected to win only hitting the other net 10 times, but I held back. Next game was a loss, 5-2. Out shot 15-10. My ENITIRE team except one guy left after the second goal. It was pretty well hopelless after that.

Breakaways are IMPOSSIBLE. I've had a penalty shot and two other breakaways, they scored all three times. Anyone have any tips? I try to stay with the shooter but people are so cheese it's ridiculous.

Is the 5.33 GAA considered bad? It'll improve as I go along I think, but games seem to be pretty high scoring.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Decided to try EASHL again(haven't played since last year, only played a bit of nets) and had the urge to try goalie. Pretty fun. Played well all three games in my mind. First game we won, 6-5. We got outshot 32-15 and they scored two in the final few minutes. Next game we lost 6-4, got outshot AGAIN 19-10. The players proceeded to tell me I "****ing suck" around the fifth goal, despite making a few big saves. I wanted to plug my mic in and ask them how they expected to win only hitting the other net 10 times, but I held back. Next game was a loss, 5-2. Out shot 15-10. My ENITIRE team except one guy left after the second goal. It was pretty well hopelless after that.

Breakaways are IMPOSSIBLE. I've had a penalty shot and two other breakaways, they scored all three times. Anyone have any tips? I try to stay with the shooter but people are so cheese it's ridiculous.

Is the 5.33 GAA considered bad? It'll improve as I go along I think, but games seem to be pretty high scoring.
My suggestion for shootout is to play it like a real life goalie. I usually do that and generally I seem to do decently.

If you have time go out of your crease, challenge the shooter, and then continuously back into your net.

On shootout if they come in real slow try the surprise pokecheck. Not the stupid diving or sliding sideways one that every piece of **** goalie does, but just quickly move up to the unexpectedly and give a poke.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote