HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 04:08 AM
  #201
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 500
Would like to start a dynasty but for whatever reason my PS3 locks up whenever i try to start (tried 2 different copies, both do the same)

What the hell?

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:35 PM
  #202
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,975
vCash: 500
How did this goal not count?

Last night when I was playing I was about to get a power play and the play was still going on while it was a delayed penalty call. Anyway by mistake I passed the puck to my Defensman at the point, however he missed it and the puck went into the empty net. However for whatever reason when that happened the play was blown dead and the goal didn't count. Now when I looked at the replay the puck was also deflected off the skate of a player from the other team, so is that why the goal didn't count against me or was it a glitch? The reason I ask is that's something which never happened to me before.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:56 PM
  #203
Deku Scrub
BOP
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Last night when I was playing I was about to get a power play and the play was still going on while it was a delayed penalty call. Anyway by mistake I passed the puck to my Defensman at the point, however he missed it and the puck went into the empty net. However for whatever reason when that happened the play was blown dead and the goal didn't count. Now when I looked at the replay the puck was also deflected off the skate of a player from the other team, so is that why the goal didn't count against me or was it a glitch? The reason I ask is that's something which never happened to me before.
Pretty sure that's a glitch. Once I took a penalty in an online match, and my opponent passed the puck directly into his own net by accident.

No goal, powerplay for him.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:37 PM
  #204
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Pretty sure that's a glitch. Once I took a penalty in an online match, and my opponent passed the puck directly into his own net by accident.

No goal, powerplay for him.
The weird thing is there have been times when I did score on my own net by mistake or the other team scored on their own net playing against me and those goals counted. Sometimes it was deflections off a player or that player shoting the puck off their Goalie by mistake.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
  #205
Bridges31
Goon? Lol
 
Bridges31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
Just had a team score 5 goals on 4 shots on us (yes you read that right). Not sure how that was possible.

Bridges31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
  #206
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Just had a team score 5 goals on 4 shots on us (yes you read that right). Not sure how that was possible.
EASHL has been frustrating lately. Dominate an entire game, outshoot the opponent 20-5, lose 4-3. Not like 3 breakaway goals, deflection goals or 2-1 goals... Simply ridiculous.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
  #207
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
I know other people have mentioned it before, but the PS3 load times are just infuriating. I've never seen such a poor port before. Someone needs to tell EA what optimization means.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
  #208
Propane Nightmares
Prehistoric Banter
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 46,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
EASHL has been frustrating lately. Dominate an entire game, outshoot the opponent 20-5, lose 4-3. Not like 3 breakaway goals, deflection goals or 2-1 goals... Simply ridiculous.
Yeah, you can take loads of good hard shots on net and goalie saves all of them, but then opponent takes crappy wristshot from above the faceoff circle and it hits the bottom of your goalies pad and goes in

My team would be screwed if my friend didn't have an extremely fast player and a breakaway move he scored 90% of the time.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
  #209
SaNcAlandariel
Registered User
 
SaNcAlandariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
I just had a thriller of a game the other day.
My buddy and I were playing a GM connected game against each other and it was a seesaw game even to the last few minutes. It was very evenly played (except for shots, which I always lack in due to my style of play). Although both goalies let in more than they should have, it was still exciting because not often are there high scoring games in this GMC.
The final score was Dallas 7 - St. Louis 6.
The shot count was Dallas ~20 - St. Louis 50.
I'm glad I manged to win that match. Nothing seemed cheap about it and everything ran smoothly, there were a couple penalties called but they were our own faults.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
  #210
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!
 
GoSensGo765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Well, at least NHL Moments Live will now be somewhat useful.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:37 PM
  #211
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!
 
GoSensGo765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,578
vCash: 500
Custom music time baby, finally went all out on it. Great pack on Operation Sports, can really help the game feel more authentic.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
  #212
ChokingV
Registered User
 
ChokingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Downtown SJ
Country: United States
Posts: 426
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ChokingV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
The weird thing is there have been times when I did score on my own net by mistake or the other team scored on their own net playing against me and those goals counted. Sometimes it was deflections off a player or that player shoting the puck off their Goalie by mistake.
I had this happen to me the other week, except the puck went straight in and didn't deflect off anyone and it still didn't count. I remember it counting in the previous versions, so maybe EA removed it in 13. Maybe it's just a balancing tweak, since players are so poor at receiving passes in this version.

ChokingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:39 AM
  #213
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 500
Awesome game the other day. We were down 2-0, 2-1,3-1, and ended up winning 4-3. Their goalie was playing really well and we scored to cut it to 3-2 with a minute and change left. Then I scored with 17 seconds left, and my teammate scored about five seconds later.

Gave up on playing goalie for the most part. Was fun, but I like the action of playing and moving. You start out with the worst god damn player possible. So slow and nearly useless. I'm up to 64 overall though, so I'm improving.

Does anyone know if when they score players stats in game, for example Joe Blow 245 GP 156 G 110 A, is that all four of their players added up(C,LW,RW,D) or jus the current player they are in that game.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
  #214
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 500
Also, I scored a pretty decent PP goal with my d-man last night to put us up 4-2 with 2 minutes to go, but the game basically re-winded itself to the faceoff before that. Then they went down and scored!!!!!

f'ing ghey.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
  #215
Chevrier
Registered User
 
Chevrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Does anyone know if when they score players stats in game, for example Joe Blow 245 GP 156 G 110 A, is that all four of their players added up(C,LW,RW,D) or jus the current player they are in that game.
I'm pretty sure near 100% that the points are those of only a specific position. On your EASHL online screen, before dressing rooms n' such you can shift between your positions and your points will change. Some people's are much higher because of games played, Online Community seems to have much much more high scoring games then EASHL Team Play and also because some players will always remain the same position. For instance, I main C, LW and D but most of my points come from my C, the others not so much. My D man is an 88 overall but has less than 50 points or so total.

Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:25 PM
  #216
Deku Scrub
BOP
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,887
vCash: 500
Just dug up an old clip from my YouTube channel... not sure if I ever posted it here or not, but holy crap:


Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:06 PM
  #217
Bridges31
Goon? Lol
 
Bridges31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
Just played an EASHL game that went 5 OT's. We scored a fluky goal with a couple mins left to end it.

Shots were 68-64- Score was 2-1

Probably one of the most intense games I've played on EASHL.

Bridges31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM
  #218
SaNcAlandariel
Registered User
 
SaNcAlandariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Just played an EASHL game that went 5 OT's. We scored a fluky goal with a couple mins left to end it.

Shots were 68-64- Score was 2-1

Probably one of the most intense games I've played on EASHL.
Every time they end on a fluke. Every damn time. Maybe it's just me but I feel that that's the only way overtime winners are scored in this game.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:45 AM
  #219
JaredCowenFan
The Next Bergeron
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Come try out for my EASHL Club. The name is GRiNDNSNiPE. I'm on PS3, looking for all players/positions. SenzFan2 in my gamertag. Let's see your skills!

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM
  #220
Aquin001 on Ice
Registered User
 
Aquin001 on Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Is there any way to edit your team's lines during online play without doing it manually before each game with your opponent waiting on you? I had my lines just the way I want them, and then I go online and Chad Larose pops up on the 1st line

Aquin001 on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
  #221
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Idk if this was asked before or not, but is EA going to update anything with the new CBA? Im sure they wont until next year, but that would be pretty cool.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:31 PM
  #222
Bridges31
Goon? Lol
 
Bridges31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Every time they end on a fluke. Every damn time. Maybe it's just me but I feel that that's the only way overtime winners are scored in this game.
Well this one was more fluky on the other team's part. They called for the puck from the goalie who played it to a computer player on my team and scored.

But I know what you mean. I've seen some pretty messed up OT goals that should not have gone in.

Bridges31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:35 PM
  #223
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 500
Played a game today in drop in, lost 14-6. Would have been awesome if we could have stayed in it and only lost by 1 or 2. It was 4-3 us after the first, and then they scored and our ********* goalie started sprawling on all of their shots.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:45 PM
  #224
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Played a game today in drop in, lost 14-6. Would have been awesome if we could have stayed in it and only lost by 1 or 2. It was 4-3 us after the first, and then they scored and our ********* goalie started sprawling on all of their shots.
I hate when people do that when it is a close game, however i do that myself when my team is losing like 7-3 with a minute left.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:51 PM
  #225
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool
 
Watch for the Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,823
vCash: 500
GM Connected loads soo sloww!

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.