HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
01-09-2013, 04:08 AM
GodTukka*

vCash: 500
Would like to start a dynasty but for whatever reason my PS3 locks up whenever i try to start (tried 2 different copies, both do the same)

What the hell?

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:35 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

How did this goal not count?

Last night when I was playing I was about to get a power play and the play was still going on while it was a delayed penalty call. Anyway by mistake I passed the puck to my Defensman at the point, however he missed it and the puck went into the empty net. However for whatever reason when that happened the play was blown dead and the goal didn't count. Now when I looked at the replay the puck was also deflected off the skate of a player from the other team, so is that why the goal didn't count against me or was it a glitch? The reason I ask is that's something which never happened to me before.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Last night when I was playing I was about to get a power play and the play was still going on while it was a delayed penalty call. Anyway by mistake I passed the puck to my Defensman at the point, however he missed it and the puck went into the empty net. However for whatever reason when that happened the play was blown dead and the goal didn't count. Now when I looked at the replay the puck was also deflected off the skate of a player from the other team, so is that why the goal didn't count against me or was it a glitch? The reason I ask is that's something which never happened to me before.
Pretty sure that's a glitch. Once I took a penalty in an online match, and my opponent passed the puck directly into his own net by accident.

No goal, powerplay for him.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:37 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Pretty sure that's a glitch. Once I took a penalty in an online match, and my opponent passed the puck directly into his own net by accident.

No goal, powerplay for him.
The weird thing is there have been times when I did score on my own net by mistake or the other team scored on their own net playing against me and those goals counted. Sometimes it was deflections off a player or that player shoting the puck off their Goalie by mistake.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Just had a team score 5 goals on 4 shots on us (yes you read that right). Not sure how that was possible.

Bridges31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Just had a team score 5 goals on 4 shots on us (yes you read that right). Not sure how that was possible.
EASHL has been frustrating lately. Dominate an entire game, outshoot the opponent 20-5, lose 4-3. Not like 3 breakaway goals, deflection goals or 2-1 goals... Simply ridiculous.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
I know other people have mentioned it before, but the PS3 load times are just infuriating. I've never seen such a poor port before. Someone needs to tell EA what optimization means.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Propane Nightmares
Prehistoric Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
EASHL has been frustrating lately. Dominate an entire game, outshoot the opponent 20-5, lose 4-3. Not like 3 breakaway goals, deflection goals or 2-1 goals... Simply ridiculous.
Yeah, you can take loads of good hard shots on net and goalie saves all of them, but then opponent takes crappy wristshot from above the faceoff circle and it hits the bottom of your goalies pad and goes in

My team would be screwed if my friend didn't have an extremely fast player and a breakaway move he scored 90% of the time.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
SaNcAlandariel

I just had a thriller of a game the other day.
My buddy and I were playing a GM connected game against each other and it was a seesaw game even to the last few minutes. It was very evenly played (except for shots, which I always lack in due to my style of play). Although both goalies let in more than they should have, it was still exciting because not often are there high scoring games in this GMC.
The final score was Dallas 7 - St. Louis 6.
The shot count was Dallas ~20 - St. Louis 50.
I'm glad I manged to win that match. Nothing seemed cheap about it and everything ran smoothly, there were a couple penalties called but they were our own faults.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Well, at least NHL Moments Live will now be somewhat useful.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:37 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Custom music time baby, finally went all out on it. Great pack on Operation Sports, can really help the game feel more authentic.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
ChokingV

Send a message via AIM to ChokingV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
The weird thing is there have been times when I did score on my own net by mistake or the other team scored on their own net playing against me and those goals counted. Sometimes it was deflections off a player or that player shoting the puck off their Goalie by mistake.
I had this happen to me the other week, except the puck went straight in and didn't deflect off anyone and it still didn't count. I remember it counting in the previous versions, so maybe EA removed it in 13. Maybe it's just a balancing tweak, since players are so poor at receiving passes in this version.

ChokingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Awesome game the other day. We were down 2-0, 2-1,3-1, and ended up winning 4-3. Their goalie was playing really well and we scored to cut it to 3-2 with a minute and change left. Then I scored with 17 seconds left, and my teammate scored about five seconds later.

Gave up on playing goalie for the most part. Was fun, but I like the action of playing and moving. You start out with the worst god damn player possible. So slow and nearly useless. I'm up to 64 overall though, so I'm improving.

Does anyone know if when they score players stats in game, for example Joe Blow 245 GP 156 G 110 A, is that all four of their players added up(C,LW,RW,D) or jus the current player they are in that game.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Also, I scored a pretty decent PP goal with my d-man last night to put us up 4-2 with 2 minutes to go, but the game basically re-winded itself to the faceoff before that. Then they went down and scored!!!!!

f'ing ghey.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Chevrier

Quote:
Does anyone know if when they score players stats in game, for example Joe Blow 245 GP 156 G 110 A, is that all four of their players added up(C,LW,RW,D) or jus the current player they are in that game.
I'm pretty sure near 100% that the points are those of only a specific position. On your EASHL online screen, before dressing rooms n' such you can shift between your positions and your points will change. Some people's are much higher because of games played, Online Community seems to have much much more high scoring games then EASHL Team Play and also because some players will always remain the same position. For instance, I main C, LW and D but most of my points come from my C, the others not so much. My D man is an 88 overall but has less than 50 points or so total.

Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

Just dug up an old clip from my YouTube channel... not sure if I ever posted it here or not, but holy crap:

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Just played an EASHL game that went 5 OT's. We scored a fluky goal with a couple mins left to end it.

Shots were 68-64- Score was 2-1

Probably one of the most intense games I've played on EASHL.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Just played an EASHL game that went 5 OT's. We scored a fluky goal with a couple mins left to end it.

Shots were 68-64- Score was 2-1

Probably one of the most intense games I've played on EASHL.
Every time they end on a fluke. Every damn time. Maybe it's just me but I feel that that's the only way overtime winners are scored in this game.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:45 AM
JaredCowenFan
The Next Bergeron

Come try out for my EASHL Club. The name is GRiNDNSNiPE. I'm on PS3, looking for all players/positions. SenzFan2 in my gamertag. Let's see your skills!

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Aquin001 on Ice

Is there any way to edit your team's lines during online play without doing it manually before each game with your opponent waiting on you? I had my lines just the way I want them, and then I go online and Chad Larose pops up on the 1st line

Aquin001 on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
derriko

Idk if this was asked before or not, but is EA going to update anything with the new CBA? Im sure they wont until next year, but that would be pretty cool.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Every time they end on a fluke. Every damn time. Maybe it's just me but I feel that that's the only way overtime winners are scored in this game.
Well this one was more fluky on the other team's part. They called for the puck from the goalie who played it to a computer player on my team and scored.

But I know what you mean. I've seen some pretty messed up OT goals that should not have gone in.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Played a game today in drop in, lost 14-6. Would have been awesome if we could have stayed in it and only lost by 1 or 2. It was 4-3 us after the first, and then they scored and our ********* goalie started sprawling on all of their shots.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:45 PM
18Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Played a game today in drop in, lost 14-6. Would have been awesome if we could have stayed in it and only lost by 1 or 2. It was 4-3 us after the first, and then they scored and our ********* goalie started sprawling on all of their shots.
I hate when people do that when it is a close game, however i do that myself when my team is losing like 7-3 with a minute left.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

GM Connected loads soo sloww!

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote