HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Wow It's extremely easy destroying Dragonfire when you have the FHJ launcher, people are lucky to get one kill in before I destroy it now. I haven't destroyed enough aircraft to reach that challenge yet though, which sucks because I've destroyed 3-4 of them in the past two days.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:46 AM
gimme an olands
wha

i like this game again.

MTAR w/ quickdraw & grip
Tac-45
Perk 1 Greed - Ghost & Lightweight
Toughness
Dexterity
C4

don't understand why i'm good all of a sudden with this class, but it's been working wonders. averaging 2.0 k/d now.

on a side note, if you camp AND use target finder, you're ********.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Harbinger
Lose control.

And lack skill.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Blueline Bomber
Noah MAN-ifin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Finally golded the MSMC. Got stuck at 6/10 bloodthirsty medals. I'd always get 4 in a row and get killed. Had to resort to semi-camping on Nuketown and Hijacked. Not sure what the final kill count was because I can't access combat record yet. After that I moved on to the MP7 and it is so much easier to get head shots. After about 10 or so games I have 35. The gun in general sucks though. Too much recoil. It was the first gun that forced me to use the grip attachment. Anyway those 10 games went on to push me into 4th prestige. Still have the MP7, Chico, and Skorpion to go.
Happens far too many times to speak of. I'd go on a huge rampage, wipe out 3 or 4 players...then one of the ones I just killed would spawn and kill me. Need those bloodthirsty medals for the autoshotty and then I'll have diamond.

And yes, screw target finder.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 431
Target finder, such bs. Camper laying prone staring at a window down sight, I run on the bottom of the screen, doesn't see me until target finder points me out. Lose my point streak at 2075. Such bs.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
CoopALoop

Most of my classes run with cold blooded, mainly because of the lack of red name and because of the Target Finder scrubs.

It's a bummer that the perk 2 slots selections aren't too great.

Toughness and Clod Blooded are easily the top 2.

Scavenger and Fast Hands are ok.

The counter EMP/CUAV one is extremely lack luster. It's a perk that has very little usefulness outside of an EMP. CUAV's are easily shot down to even worry about this taking up a perk slot.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
silverfish
Player Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Most of my classes run with cold blooded, mainly because of the lack of red name and because of the Target Finder scrubs.

It's a bummer that the perk 2 slots selections aren't too great.

Toughness and Clod Blooded are easily the top 2.

Scavenger and Fast Hands are ok.

The counter EMP/CUAV one is extremely lack luster. It's a perk that has very little usefulness outside of an EMP. CUAV's are easily shot down to even worry about this taking up a perk slot.
If you run lethals scavenger is amazing. Can throw betties all over the map.

I'll admit to being that guy. When I run no perks/no attachments to gold guns I run two shock charges and two betties Killing machines. Throw a betty next to a shock charge and it's so much fun. You get the hit markers for the shock charge and you know what happens next.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

I use Target finder, but i never camp. Ever.

Gold AN with Silencer, QuickDraw, Target Finder.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:35 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I always lol at people who complain about things that have a counter ie target finder. I use 2nd perk greed cause cb and scavenger are a must. And on ctf I use perk 3 greed with eng and conditioning. So guess what, I get no attachments. Everyone else's tool is another mans noob.

The worst thing they did for this game was limit explosives. So people can hide in rooms and behind cover way too easy even when u know they're there. But that just means u need to be fast and flank.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:53 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Started using the millimeter scanner. such an awesome tool. Tells me exactly how many people are camping in a room and where. a well placed grenade or smoke grenade and rush clears the entire room of campers

Old
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Started using the millimeter scanner. such an awesome tool. Tells me exactly how many people are camping in a room and where. a well placed grenade or smoke grenade and rush clears the entire room of campers
I don't like it. I always end up relying on it to much and I die. Just like the old heartbeat sensors.

I like things like Thermal, Target finder, etc though.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Harbinger
Lose control.

I kinda wish we could use that scanner and fmj's at the same time.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
I'm not big on using Scavenger for my setup.

It's great if you want to replenish lethals I suppose, but I carry two Betties so I don't feel the need to use up a perk slot to pick up more. And I use the AN94, which is common gun. So quite often I am picking up ammo anyway since they are often laying on the ground. No need for Scavenger there. Can see it if you are carrying a gun that is rarely used.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Was in a game of TDM on Raid. I was 24-6 which was SECOND on my team. Guy ahead of me was 24-20. And we had a 1-20 dude on our team. And we lost 75 to 65. Would have been nice if the other four players on the team could have picked up a whopping 27 kills. Of course getting 24 kills is pretty much useless if you are dying 20 times. It's great that you rush and all, but damn you're killing your team lol.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:35 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
I'm not big on using Scavenger for my setup.

It's great if you want to replenish lethals I suppose, but I carry two Betties so I don't feel the need to use up a perk slot to pick up more. And I use the AN94, which is common gun. So quite often I am picking up ammo anyway since they are often laying on the ground. No need for Scavenger there. Can see it if you are carrying a gun that is rarely used.
I use claymores and 1 emp. I want constant replenishment of those. Emp is the anti scorestreak. Just full of pissing people off. Nothing beats destroying a sentry just as they raise it up.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Emp is the anti scorestreak. Just full of pissing people off. Nothing beats destroying a sentry just as they raise it up.
Get it anywhere in the general area of their turrets and they're gone. It doesn't even have to be a direct line of sight to the grenade (like flashbangs and concussions).

You can also get a ton of EMP assists and equipment destroys if you use them gratuitously.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Ralph
Stevehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Boo. Was hoping for an old map rerelease. Oh well.

Btw, ran into TWO sets of boosters tonight, reported everyone. I found the first set on Raid in the balcony overlooking the pool. My team was dominating but out of nowhere a guy calls in a Warthog and I hadn't even run into his gamer tag. Suspicious, I looked at the score and he's 20-0 and we have a guy on our team that's 0-20. Found them in the balcony, killed the opposing guy twice after a tac insert respawn, then start knifing the guy on my team. Then they both leave the game. I looked back on the game in theater mode and got their gamer tags, reported both through XBL and the in game report system. I sent both messages saying they'd been reported. One guy responds with "I'm only 9 I won't do it again." I laugh it off and tell him I hope he enjoys his ban. He then responds with, "SUCK YOUR MOMS **** YOU *********"

So much for being 9 years old.

Always report boosters. They're the worst kind of cheaters. If you haven't seen a guy at all and he's somehow 30-0 and calling in insane streaks, he's probably boosting.
I usually watch the film whenever I suspect it. Then I edit it, and upload it to the site, or wherever it goes.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:17 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
I always lol at people who complain about things that have a counter ie target finder. I use 2nd perk greed cause cb and scavenger are a must. And on ctf I use perk 3 greed with eng and conditioning. So guess what, I get no attachments. Everyone else's tool is another mans noob.

The worst thing they did for this game was limit explosives. So people can hide in rooms and behind cover way too easy even when u know they're there. But that just means u need to be fast and flank.
That's why target finder doesn't bother me at all. I actually enjoy when lots of people use it because they become over reliant on that and usually get slaughtered by guys using cold blooded. Not to mention, I don't really find any of the other tier 2 perks all that useful for my play style.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:49 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
Was in a game of TDM on Raid. I was 24-6 which was SECOND on my team. Guy ahead of me was 24-20. And we had a 1-20 dude on our team. And we lost 75 to 65. Would have been nice if the other four players on the team could have picked up a whopping 27 kills. Of course getting 24 kills is pretty much useless if you are dying 20 times. It's great that you rush and all, but damn you're killing your team lol.
Lol that's why I don't play much TDM. I can get a lot of kills but I die a LOT. Poor connection isn't good for preventing spawn traps and shotgun rushers taking advantage of my lag.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:00 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
Get it anywhere in the general area of their turrets and they're gone. It doesn't even have to be a direct line of sight to the grenade (like flashbangs and concussions).

You can also get a ton of EMP assists and equipment destroys if you use them gratuitously.
So true. I carry two EMP's and the engineer perk. With engineer you don't even have to go near enemy equipment, you can just toss EMP's across the map. Must be so frustrating to the guys using sentry guns.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:10 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
If you run lethals scavenger is amazing. Can throw betties all over the map.

I'll admit to being that guy. When I run no perks/no attachments to gold guns I run two shock charges and two betties Killing machines. Throw a betty next to a shock charge and it's so much fun. You get the hit markers for the shock charge and you know what happens next.
Never thought of pairing scavenger with two lethals. I've gotta try that.

It seems like all of a sudden I'm getting killed by guys tossing C4 at my feet repeatedly. Never seen that before.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
Never thought of pairing scavenger with two lethals. I've gotta try that.

It seems like all of a sudden I'm getting killed by guys tossing C4 at my feet repeatedly. Never seen that before.
There's a few guys in this thread that can make it rain with C4 kills

Old
12-31-2012, 08:11 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Yeah...knockknockpenny routinely gets triple kills with the C4

Old
12-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Nose of Sutter

MP7 with a grip and reflex has been my best so far with the Type 25 with quick mag and a grip not too far behind.

Did anyone have trouble connecting on PS3 today? I tried for about 20 minutes with no luck, it did say 555,000 people were online I'm wondering if that's why, maybe the servers were overloaded or something, my internet connection was fine.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Richie10

Yeah, C4 is insanely powerful. Best lethal equipment by far.

Closed Thread