HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
Paid 67$ on steam to get the deluxe edition with nuketown and all, great to be back to CoD. Really wasn't liking BF3 and how big the maps were. I like the fast paced shooting of COD.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:44 AM
KapG

The AN-94 is straight murder.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:19 AM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
All of the LMGs are really good. Started using the HAMR a few days ago and liking it alot recently. LMGs are underated in this game. I will admit the iron sights are horrible and once you get a reflex sight things will go alot smoother.
They are actually all pretty damn good. I find myself sticking with the mk48 due to it's longer range and very controllable firerate.

Plus, the deep loud sound of every shot makes it more satisfying to shoot than the other bullet hose LMG's.

If i'm going rambo, i'm going in style.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
They are actually all pretty damn good. I find myself sticking with the mk48 due to it's longer range and very controllable firerate.

Plus, the deep loud sound of every shot makes it more satisfying to shoot than the other bullet hose LMG's.

If i'm going rambo, i'm going in style.
I like the sounds of that. Have not used them much, but have been planning to very soon.

01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
I like the sounds of that. Have not used them much, but have been planning to very soon.
LMG's have always had a soft spot for me.

They're the red headed step child of the COD guns. Sometimes, they need some love to.

Plus, regardless of how badass of a killstreak you can get, nothing says macho like unloading 100 bullets of high damage/range lead on an alley way with guys being chopped up into little bits as you laugh manically.

Though, for the love of LMG users, please don't resort to Target finder.

Red dot is the way to go.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
LMG's have always had a soft spot for me.

They're the red headed step child of the COD guns. Sometimes, they need some love to.

Plus, regardless of how badass of a killstreak you can get, nothing says macho like unloading 100 bullets of high damage/range lead on an alley way with guys being chopped up into little bits as you laugh manically.

Though, for the love of LMG users, please don't resort to Target finder.

Red dot is the way to go.
LMGs have never been close to as good as SMGs and ARs in any COD except this one . COD4 LMGs were pretty good , MW2 sucked , Blackops sucked, MW3 sucked.

Also the M27 is bottom 3 gun in the game, so bad . When I first started using it it reminded me of the Commando , so im like sweet , but nope , its just like the m4a1 in mw2 , which wasnt alright.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
LMGs have never been close to as good as SMGs and ARs in any COD except this one . COD4 LMGs were pretty good , MW2 sucked , Blackops sucked, MW3 sucked.

Also the M27 is bottom 3 gun in the game, so bad . When I first started using it it reminded me of the Commando , so im like sweet , but nope , its just like the m4a1 in mw2 , which wasnt alright.
Oops! Meant the mk48. Sorry my bad.

Though I will agree with you on the M27.

In terms of LMGS, they've always been a niche gun. In terms of COD's ranking of LMGS

BO2
MW2
WaW
Cod4
MW3
BO1

Biggest gripe about the Cod4 LMG's were the lack of 2 attachments, as well as grip taking up your perk 1 slot.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
RussianRocket10

One of the only things the M27 has going for it is the pretty much laser beam like accuracy but most of the time if you're not firing shots first you will die because of the fire rate of most guns in this game.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Richards to Gaborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post

The LSW in MW3 was absurdly good.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

M27 is actually my best gun that I use. It feels weird not using sometimes.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Was rolling with the SCAR yesterday but today it slowed down a bit. Was also more lag than I generally get which didn't help. Should get to 100 headshots tomorrow.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:55 PM
southpaw24

got screwed out of 3 bloodthirsty medals with the svu... got the 5 kills in a row with it but no medal ********

Old
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
got screwed out of 3 bloodthirsty medals with the svu... got the 5 kills in a row with it but no medal ********
Never had that problem. You sure you didn't get a nade kill or quick knife kill in there?

Old
01-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Was rolling with the SCAR yesterday but today it slowed down a bit. Was also more lag than I generally get which didn't help. Should get to 100 headshots tomorrow.
The lag was absolutely putrid last night on Xbox. I'm not sure if it was coincidental luck or something was going on but I was playing with a couple buddies and we got matches that lagged horribly and it refused to migrate. Nothing like shooting at a guy and then suddenly being teleported back in time and dying. Killed myself with betties and c4 a couple times too thanks to it. And it wasn't just one match either.

Also ended up being host a couple times and the reverse happened: lag compensation just killed me. I understand they don't want the host to be in god mode anymore but its bad when you are the host and it seems like you're lagging horribly compared to everyone else.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Is there any counter at all to the Hunter Killers? I got killed by those damn things five times in a single game. I swear they target me exclusively from one side of the map to the other.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:20 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Is there any counter at all to the Hunter Killers? I got killed by those damn things five times in a single game. I swear they target me exclusively from one side of the map to the other.
Blind eye or flak jacket should do the trick. Sometimes, when I'm not running either (I run ghost+hardline a lot) if you hear the "beep beep beep beep" like it's about to hit and go prone sometimes it doesn't hunt you, and can give you extra time to find cover.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:50 PM
leova

also, you can SOMETIMES run into a house or get behind cover, but it really depends on the angle that it is to you. i've died tons of times to HS flying into windows, but sometimes you can get behind a large rock if its at just-the-right angle, and it'll hit the rock and save you

Old
01-04-2013, 12:57 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I feel the same way. Those damn things always seem to lock on to me. Blind Eye is supposed to counter it, but I always seem to be running Hardline with Ghost or Lightweight.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:01 PM
leova

yeah, i only default Blind-Eye on a single Anti-Air class, so those things hunt(and kill) me every time

Old
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

**** hunter killer drones. They dont do **** for me, they always crash into buildings , they only kill maybe 1 out of 4 throws for me.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Richie10

I always use the iron sights on the HAMR and LSG. I don't need training wheels on my guns. :p

Old
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
**** hunter killer drones. They dont do **** for me, they always crash into buildings , they only kill maybe 1 out of 4 throws for me.
they're pretty decent at taking out scorestreaks, i sometimes use them to kill UAVs, sentry/guardians that I cant approach, etc

Old
01-04-2013, 02:39 PM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
You tossing them up wildly? I've found my luck with drones is best when there's a UAV up and I toss them in the direction of red dots, or the enemy is moving into an open area, or there's a sniper and I toss it into his general line of sight.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:39 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
they're pretty decent at taking out scorestreaks, i sometimes use them to kill UAVs, sentry/guardians that I cant approach, etc
Gets you more points too

Old
01-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
You tossing them up wildly? I've found my luck with drones is best when there's a UAV up and I toss them in the direction of red dots, or the enemy is moving into an open area, or there's a sniper and I toss it into his general line of sight.
No I throw them in the direction of enemies when I have my UAV up. I'm just going to drop it from my score streak.

Closed Thread