HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 10:40 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Got home and immediately finished golding my MP7. Two demolition games on Hijacked got me the 4 bloodthirsty medals I needed.

Started on the Chicom and I must be having the best luck ever or SOMETHING cause after like 14 matches I already have 40 headshots. Got 10 in one game on Nuketown. It's definitely a pain to shoot but I'm already racking up bloodthirstys, headshots, revenge medals, and even triple kills.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Noel92

vCash: 50
Ran into Whiteboy7thst an hour ago on Ground War. He left after going 1-1.

First time seeing any famous YouTuber.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

vCash: 500
Got 2 Swarms in one game of Kill Confirmed tonight, and died 1 confirm off of a third. Was playing with a couple guys from hfboards who let me pick up a couple tags to get the second one. Got me 25 kills, went 46-3 total.

Needless to say, the other team was terrible, and playing with almost a full party made it even easier. I think we won 100-22. But still, it was pretty awesome, since I don't ever run Swarm, I was just running it for the hell of it tonight to see if I could get it.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by setowildfan View Post

I played 6 games in a party with ONS1AUGH7 and onlyusemeblade as part of ONS1AUGH7's Black Ops challenge series. I did terrible, but still the most fun I've ever had playing Call of Duty.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
I'm 6th prestige and I haven't even gotten 100 headshots with any gun yet, yet alone a gold gun.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:10 AM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by setowildfan View Post

I was in a game with xJawz on MW3 Ground War Domination a while ago. He was on my team and I'm pretty sure he was leading our team and we were winning but he left during the game. I guess it wasn't Youtube worthy.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Carl Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Got 2 Swarms in one game of Kill Confirmed tonight, and died 1 confirm off of a third. Was playing with a couple guys from hfboards who let me pick up a couple tags to get the second one. Got me 25 kills, went 46-3 total.

Needless to say, the other team was terrible, and playing with almost a full party made it even easier. I think we won 100-22. But still, it was pretty awesome, since I don't ever run Swarm, I was just running it for the hell of it tonight to see if I could get it.
That game was crazy, I think the other team had only 19 kills?

Old
01-07-2013, 12:59 AM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
That game was crazy, I think the other team had only 19 kills?
I think the guys left at the end of the game only had 19 combined kills, but some people must have left because they had 22 confirms.

Still a pretty healthy beat down. I've only ever had one game more lopsided, where we won 100-17.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:12 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I'm 6th prestige and I haven't even gotten 100 headshots with any gun yet, yet alone a gold gun.
I'm 4th hovering over 5th with 5 gold guns (SMAW, MSMC, PDW, Vector, MP7) laser sight has been helping me with the Chicom.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:17 AM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I'm 4th hovering over 5th with 5 gold guns (SMAW, MSMC, PDW, Vector, MP7) laser sight has been helping me with the Chicom.
Select fire was the biggest help for me with the Chicom. My favourite set up ended up being Select fire, extended mags, suppressor. Made it pretty good, actually. And I seemed to get head shots with it pretty easy, much the same as I did with the MP7. Glad to be done with the SMGs though. I'll probably not bother trying to get gold on anything else for awhile.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
I'm almost 6th, and I have 8. Just depends on how much you are actually trying for them I think.

I never played today man. I'm feeling the edge maaaaan.
But seriously, ever since I finished my AR's I have had almost 0 motivation to play. I have been playing good trying some SMG's and LMG's but for whatever reason it's just not the same. I feel so far away from an objective again.

01-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Harbinger
Oppose and Disagree

I hate that svu sniper rifle. Such a stupid gun for players with no skill.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
I'm almost 6th, and I have 8. Just depends on how much you are actually trying for them I think.
That's the thing, I'm not trying for them at all. I'm still focusing on getting all my SMGs and ARs to the max prestige, not getting them gold. Right now I've gotten all of my SMGs to max prestige except the MP7 and CCQB, both of which are at at least prestige 2 level 6, which I should easily finish doing by level 30 or so. It's the ARs that are gonna take forever. I've prestiged all of them once so far but the only ones I've prestiged twice are the Type 25 and the An-94, and even those ones I haven't taken any farther than Prestige 2 level 1. It would be a lot easier to prestige the ARs if I could get that damn silencer at like level 5 instead of 12. I hate showing up on the radar whenever I fire and I never do as well when I'm not using a silencer.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:38 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Some of you guys are ridiculously good at this game. I don't think I've had a game with 50+ kills yet. My best games so far are like 45-10

Having serious trouble getting headshots with the M8. Consistently getting 2-4 a game. With other guns I'd be in the 5-7 range most of the time with random games of 10+. Not with the M8 though. Been a grind. Called it a night at 50. Hoping to finish it tomorrow, but going to need some big games to do that.

I was put into a game today where the team was losing something like 70-20 (KC). Jump in, go 16-1 with a warthog and k9 unit called in and cut the defecit to 100-80 by the time the game was over; so close!
You can't get 70+ kills without high killstreaks. The thing is I rarely get enough points without dying to get those killstreaks. It doesn't suit my style of play. And I've had 10-15 gunstreaks and one 20 gunstreak before but those are so rare that running high killstreaks is just not worth it. I'll never get them. I have a 1.2 k/d and 1.4 w/l ratio (last time I checked).

I'm not complaining though, I rather play the objective and try to win the game than go out of my way to get high scorestreaks. A lot of games I see where players get these ridiculous scores, they are holding on to one area and at times revert to camping techniques, which I never do. It's one thing to pretend you are running away around a corner and then lie down waiting for the enemy and sitting in a room holding down two or three lines of sight.

And then there are the random BS deaths like Hunter Killers, Lightning strikes, etc.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:55 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Do you play with a different class every game/prestige? I usually stick with one gun until I maxed out all the challenges (gold camo essentially).

I just go 4th prestige with MSMC, MP7, PDW, Vector, Skorpion and FHJ gold camo. Working on the Chicom right now. Select fire helps a lot.

The SMAW is b**** in terms of challenges. You need two rockets to take down anything that isn't a UAV or CUAV. Once I take down 100 airsupport, the true torture begins. Does Scavenger replenish secondary ammo?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

why can't people just finish a game of zombies?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
You can't get 70+ kills without high killstreaks. The thing is I rarely get enough points without dying to get those killstreaks. It doesn't suit my style of play. And I've had 10-15 gunstreaks and one 20 gunstreak before but those are so rare that running high killstreaks is just not worth it. I'll never get them. I have a 1.2 k/d and 1.4 w/l ratio (last time I checked).

I'm not complaining though, I rather play the objective and try to win the game than go out of my way to get high scorestreaks. A lot of games I see where players get these ridiculous scores, they are holding on to one area and at times revert to camping techniques, which I never do. It's one thing to pretend you are running away around a corner and then lie down waiting for the enemy and sitting in a room holding down two or three lines of sight.

And then there are the random BS deaths like Hunter Killers, Lightning strikes, etc.
I do run high skill streaks UAV - Warthog - K9. There are games where I unlock the K9 unit twice, and still don't get 50 kills... Playing mostly KC

Just watched a "Cribs" type segment with Rangers prospects Dylan McIlrath and Christian Thomas. They show their TV "gaming station" and McIlrath picks up Black Ops 2 and says "After this game came out, I didn't see Christian for a month"

Last edited by silverfish: 01-07-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Any idea when the next double xp weekend is? I am waiting for it to prestige again

Old
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
why can't people just finish a game of zombies?
Because the concept of rounds survived as a high score and as a measure of skill keeps players coming back for more. Having an end to the game just removes the competitive aspect of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Any idea when the next double xp weekend is? I am waiting for it to prestige again
Probably not for a while so I'd suggest playing lots of objective based games and using different guns.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Because the concept of rounds survived as a high score and as a measure of skill keeps players coming back for more. Having an end to the game just removes the competitive aspect of it.

Probably not for a while so I'd suggest playing lots of objective based games and using different guns.
I could see them throwing a 2XP weekend when the map pack comes out

Old
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
For sure they will.

I'm just hoping that us PS3 players either get it when the xbox map pack drops or when our own map pack drops and are not completely left out of the loop.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Always Next Decade

While I hate the M27 on core modes, I've come to love it in hardcore thanks to pinpoint accuracy and an excellent iron sight.

Running suppressor/quickdraw/stock on it gives you the mobility needed in close for hardcore. I debated taking off the suppressor but you attract way too much attention without it.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:05 PM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:
Yeah, Treyarch always seems to do double xp for map pack releases.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

It's crazy how a clan makes a difference. Got randomly put into a game of Domination at carrier with a 4 person clan. Was 29-5 until the game basically stalled because everyone quit except one person. Couldn't profit from my score streaks.

I'm too much of a lone wolf to play objective games to the maximum potential for kills but its nice to be able to maneuver around a map without getting quick scoped or shot in the back because of the horrible spawning in the game.

Last edited by Fixed to Ruin: 01-07-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

That awkward moment when you join a game and find 3 other people using the same clantag as you...and you have no idea who they are.

Closed Thread