HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 4: New Trade Rules! Check OP

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
  #551
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Cause that's definitely realistic...
Thanks, I try my best. You seem to be maintaining CBJ realistically as a bottom feeder, so I should give you your props for keeping it realistic too.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:42 PM
  #552
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Not specific to this league, but I can't figure out which I find more objectionable: massive one-year UFA offers, or resigning RFA's to 6-7 year contracts at absurdly low cap hits
The RFA offer is much, much more unrealistic. No way a blue chip prospect would agree to a 7 year deal making $1.25 million a year.

Semin signed a one year deal for $7 million in real life. Do you really think the Canes wanted to pay him $7 million for multiple years? They have some cap space this season so they threw a huge number at him. Totally fine in my eyes.

But honestly, i'm fine with the RFA deals too. They balance the complete insanity that is the asking price for top-end players. By the time Keith needs a new deal i very well could have about $60 million tied up in 6-8 players.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:47 PM
  #553
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
The RFA offer is much, much more unrealistic. No way a blue chip prospect would agree to a 7 year deal making $1.25 million a year.

Semin signed a one year deal for $7 million in real life. Do you really think the Canes wanted to pay him $7 million for multiple years? They have some cap space this season so they threw a huge number at him. Totally fine in my eyes.

But honestly, i'm fine with the RFA deals too. They balance the complete insanity that is the asking price for top-end players. By the time Keith needs a new deal i very well could have about $60 million tied up in 6-8 players.
Good points.

I broke the Rangers cap down last night when I was trying to straighten things out with Sensi, but I believe that I have

Gaborik - 7.9
Nash - 7.8
Lundquist 7.5
B. Richards - 6.7
McDonagh - 6.5
M. Richards - 5.8
Callahan - 5.8
Girardi - 5.6
Total = 53.8 million for 8 players.

I don't even know what I would do if I had a young star player come up at this point. My biggest concern is that I have to resign Kreider next year--but Scuderi's 3.2 million and J. T. Millers' 1.3 ELC will both be off the books.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
  #554
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Avalanche gave out a ridiculous offer. A team who tops that is even crazier.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
  #555
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Avalanche gave out a ridiculous offer. A team who tops that is even crazier.
you unrealistic jerk! how dare you!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
  #556
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Not specific to this league, but I can't figure out which I find more objectionable: massive one-year UFA offers, or resigning RFA's to 6-7 year contracts at absurdly low cap hits
You're just jealous because you only have $200k to play with!

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:01 PM
  #557
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
you unrealistic jerk! how dare you!
gotta do what we gotta do

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
  #558
EvoLu7ioN
Registered User
 
EvoLu7ioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Avalanche gave out a ridiculous offer. A team who tops that is even crazier.
I've given out a few ridiculous offers myself lol. Clearly potential is priced at a premium in my deals

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
  #559
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Good points.

I broke the Rangers cap down last night when I was trying to straighten things out with Sensi, but I believe that I have

Gaborik - 7.9
Nash - 7.8
Lundquist 7.5
B. Richards - 6.7
McDonagh - 6.5
M. Richards - 5.8
Callahan - 5.8
Girardi - 5.6
Total = 53.8 million for 8 players.

I don't even know what I would do if I had a young star player come up at this point. My biggest concern is that I have to resign Kreider next year--but Scuderi's 3.2 million and J. T. Millers' 1.3 ELC will both be off the books.
So dubinsky will be making more than any ranger, 3rd line C fringe 2nd. It's whatever and I don't care but paying 8mil for 3rd line depth when you obviously don't need him is a bit whack, when there are teams who could legitimately could use him. However its not your fault, it's EA's for the continually rising salary cap, artificially raising players salaries will go right along with it.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:43 PM
  #560
Swift Who
Welcome to Whoville
 
Swift Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Can we sim once, then give GM's like maybe 10-15 minutes to try and sign other free agents before simming to the start of the season?

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:46 PM
  #561
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliMooseheads View Post
Can we sim once, then give GM's like maybe 10-15 minutes to try and sign other free agents before simming to the start of the season?
I was thinking about that, multiple small advances for free agency could help, like 2 small advances within an hour, so those active GMs have a chance to see who or what they still need and have a chance to act upon it BEFORE the season starts.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
  #562
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliMooseheads View Post
Can we sim once, then give GM's like maybe 10-15 minutes to try and sign other free agents before simming to the start of the season?
I had thought of this and think it's a great idea, especially with this league's emphasis on realism. It'd be nice to know who signs where so that you can try for option b (or c or...)

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
  #563
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
I had thought of this and think it's a great idea, especially with this league's emphasis on realism. It'd be nice to know who signs where so that you can try for option b (or c or...)
this x10000

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:00 PM
  #564
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I was thinking about that, multiple small advances for free agency could help, like 2 small advances within an hour, so those active GMs have a chance to see who or what they still need and have a chance to act upon it BEFORE the season starts.
I also like this.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
  #565
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
So dubinsky will be making more than any ranger, 3rd line C fringe 2nd. It's whatever and I don't care but paying 8mil for 3rd line depth when you obviously don't need him is a bit whack, when there are teams who could legitimately could use him. However its not your fault, it's EA's for the continually rising salary cap, artificially raising players salaries will go right along with it.
I put extra value on hard hitting forwards.

Step 1 Sign Dubinsky
Step 2 Trade Simmonds for assets
Step 3 Profit

It isn't my fault that I have 11M in cap space, just like it isn't my fault that it's a crappy FA pool.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:04 PM
  #566
ArGarBarGar
Moderator
Doc Messier
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 22,868
vCash: 500
I hope Dubinsky crashes and burns on whatever team he signs for.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:11 PM
  #567
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
I hope Dubinsky crashes and burns on whatever team he signs for.
I'm genuinely curious. What sort of offers did you send him? I've heard a couple of guys complain about players not signing no matter what but I've honestly never had that problem, as long as I give them what they want by the third offer they always seem to sign.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
  #568
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I'm genuinely curious. What sort of offers did you send him? I've heard a couple of guys complain about players not signing no matter what but I've honestly never had that problem, as long as I give them what they want by the third offer they always seem to sign.
I sent him a 4yr 6mil offer Idk but to me I'd rather have 24 million instead of 8m

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
  #569
ArGarBarGar
Moderator
Doc Messier
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 22,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I'm genuinely curious. What sort of offers did you send him? I've heard a couple of guys complain about players not signing no matter what but I've honestly never had that problem, as long as I give them what they want by the third offer they always seem to sign.
The last two offers were exactly what he was asking for. To a T. I even added a couple hundred thousand to the final offer.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
  #570
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
I sent Dubinsky 10 mil

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:20 PM
  #571
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
I sent Dubinsky 10 mil
Who you dropping off your roster to keep him lol?

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:25 PM
  #572
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I sent him a 4yr 6mil offer Idk but to me I'd rather have 24 million instead of 8m
lol. I didn't even send him 8, just curious to see if I could get anyone to overpay for him!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:29 PM
  #573
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
lol. I didn't even send him 8, just curious to see if I could get anyone to overpay for him!
Just for ***** and giggles I'm going to offer him $12m.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:32 PM
  #574
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,815
vCash: 500
Seriously Harold, please do offer him that. I want to know how free agency works to a "T". Is it strictly off of $$$? Or are UFAs influenced by other factors.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:34 PM
  #575
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Seriously Harold, please do offer him that. I want to know how free agency works to a "T". Is it strictly off of $$$? Or are UFAs influenced by other factors.
If that's the case could always implement a max $ offer. For instance, 3M over what the player is asking. But I suppose that'd be alot of policing and maybe more extra work then it is worth.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.