HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Canada 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
International ice requires much better lateral mobility for defensemen.
Dumba's biggest problem has been backwards skating. It's like he's skating in quicksand — he's moving slower backwards than Hal Gill.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:51 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He's not very good, or like Murphy, every time I watch them play they suck so much.

I might be bad luck for those guys.
He needs to relax. The pressure of getting cut might be causing this. At least I hope so. I really like him as a prospect, but he's looked terrible.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
International ice requires much better lateral mobility for defensemen.
Dumba has been very mediocre since the end of last season.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:52 PM
jedimyrmidon

Is it just me or is the passing game of Team Canada really bad this game? Seems like their passes around the board move so slowly and you have D men just standing there waiting for the puck while the UofA team is coming in for the forecheck. Same for the offensive zone. Passes never seem to be on the stick, and it's somewhat of a scramble just to stabilize the puck then make a decision with what to do with it.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:53 PM
newfy

Anyone think Paterson might be playing his way into the backup role?

The D to me is looking like Dumba, Pelech, and probably Wotherspoon get cut. Cant put money on Murphy getting cut since his coach is coaching but he should too. Pouliot has played well but gets the age treatment and gets cut even though hes been solid out there

Reinhart, Corrado make up the bottom pairing with Sproul as the seventh. Murphy could be the seventh but he hasnt done much offensively except for one rush that ended with the post being hit, but his turnovers and some bad defensive play have been noticeable. I dont think many would disagree hes being outplayed by quite a few at this camp

Old
12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
How has Pouliot been today?
He and Corrado have been the team's best D-pairing.

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
He needs to relax. The pressure of getting cut might be causing this. At least I hope so. I really like him as a prospect, but he's looked terrible.
Could be.

If he made the team, you know he'd score a goal with his shot and drill someone.On the flip side, you know he'd take a dumb penalty, or two and get burned easily because he's not all that great defensively.

Old
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

puck bounced on catenacci when he went to play it back, bad bounce.. id still take mack 9 times out of 10 over drouin, havent seen or heard from monahan really since the start of the first where he had a nice shot. Dumba has been bad, but nice hustle to get back, not sure why people are grouping dumba and murphy together? murphy has been good
Too bad for pouiliot he has been really well for me but i think the d will end up as

Hamilton rielly
Harrington oullette
reinhart corrado/murphy
murphy/corrado

Old
12-12-2012, 04:55 PM
bruinsfan46

Tom Wilson, I expected more from him. Hasn't looked great with the puck and his most notable hit was probably a suspendable offense in the tournament.

Old
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
WJC is even more pressure. Anyone that can't handle the pressure of possibly getting cut is not somebody you want on your team. Besides, I doubt that his skating suddenly became worse because of nerves. He just doesn't seem to be a big ice player at this level.

I'm a big fan of Dumba, was really jealous when Minny got him last draft but he clearly has some work ahead of him.

Old
bruinsfan46

And yes to Jake Paterson in the back up role, love this kid.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
BruinsBtn

I don't see how Wilson can make this team. He's a big, tough guy and a decent NHL prospect but he's just too raw and too careless to play in the bottom-6.

Another guy who turns the puck over too often is Catenacci

Old
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Snippit

Hamilton-Rielly
Harrington-Ouellet
Reinhart-Corrado/Pouliot
Sproul/Murphy

Top 4 should be set in stone. I would take Corrado over Pouliot, and Sproul over Murphy. However, I bet Murphy makes it over Sproul.

I think Catenacci and Camara get cut.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

It's always funny when you watch something, than later go read a thread and find out what people are saying. You can clearly tell people see things they want to see and not what is actually happening.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
It's always funny when you watch something, than later go read a thread and find out what people are saying. You can clearly tell people see things they want to see and not what is actually happening.
What are you referring to?

Old
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

is losing to UofA a normal thing?

Old
Snippit

I want to see Dumba and Murphy succeed. But they're just not playing well enough to make the team, while others are stepping up their game.

Old
Torts

i thought rattie should have been on last years team, heres hoping he makes this one. looking fairly good today.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
is losing to UofA a normal thing?
I guess so ? Team Canada does lose in these games, but I don't think it's by 3 goals (or more.)

Old
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Snippit

Rattie should make the team as a 2nd line winger

Old
12-12-2012, 05:02 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Ryan Murphy obviously, he'll defend him until the end of the earth. I'm a Murphy fan too but he's looked uncomfortable at this camp. There's been a couple bright spots from him but not enough.

Old
RobbieJMosher

Being a moosehead fan (and mascot lol) Ive been rooting for the boys, obviously. The weird thing is Ive been rooting for Drouin>Mackinnon (weird because I live in/Played in Cole Harbour ...root for Dru basically because I figure Mackinnon to be a 90% lock, age or not if you take someone whos big to hit over someone with his speed on international ice I highly question your decision making abilities)

I just think its funny that so many people have these pre determined expectations (hes too slow, perimiter guy doesnt goto the corners, hes not strong enough, 1 dimensional etc)

Ive watched the kid for a year now. His biggest strength is his play on the boards and down low. The kid is a magician and he creates offence EVERY shift. Its not like hes padding his stats because of Mackinnon he CREATES offence and is very hard to muscle off the puck once he has possession because of his immaculate puck protection skills. He is the top PK'er on the 3rd best PK team in the league for the people that doubt his defensive awareness. He's even thrown a hit or two

Im not a delouisnal homer though, From day 1 I figured he would be cut and told nextyear, but its becoming hard to overlook his skill. I wish Canada would go with a top 9 and have 1 high energy line.

My hope is that they take Nate, and take Dru as a 13th forward. You can make an easy enough case about it, if nobody gets hurt/****s up he doesnt play, if he gets the oppurtunity it gives new options to spread the offense out over 3 lines. Either way he gets the experience and a feel for the tournament

If he does get cut, I really do hope he makes the NHL next year and HC misses out on their chance because they would rather take a 19 year old whos not as talented.

Old
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Numerous things that there is no point mentioning because I don't have time to get into another "I saw this and because of that what you saw is wrong" spitting match.

Let's just say some people are over-praising/over-criticizing players who haven't played no where near as good/bad as some people are making them out to be. It happens everytime, people are predisposed to something they want. If they think a player is good they will think the player is playing good even if they haven't, and vice-versa. Dumba's criticism is about the only completely accurate assesment, but that would be pretty daming to refute.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

How's Siemens looking out there?

Old
12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post