HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Collbergggggg! 1G 1A

Old
12-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Is Walsh injured or has Dartmouth not played in a real long time?
Not played in a real long time. The NCAA schedule gets very light this time of the year.

Tweet that Kristo ''favorited'': https://twitter.com/mattyice9725/sta...36811874541569

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 12-29-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old
12-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Epic troll job by the OHL doing this when Gally is away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Well from a marketing standpoint, it makes sense. Hardly anyone is going to pay for those games while the WJC is on. So why not offer them for free as a taster and hopefully convert some people into wanting to pay for them when they get Galchenyuk and the rest of the league's stars back?
Both leagues have been doing free webcasts during that time of the year every year for quite some time now.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:21 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Considering those free streams. Do you know if they work like the 'Q one and you can pick the game you want at anytime during that day? Or do you have to watch them live?

Old
12-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Nystrom with a goal and an assist today.

Put him at 5 points in 10 games, which is right around what Collberg is producing in that league.

Old
12-29-2012, 03:35 PM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:

Put him at 5 points in 10 games, which is right around what Collberg is producing in that league.
Can you imagine Collberg developing into the player he was projected to be & Nystrom developing into a better player than Collberg.

Old
12-29-2012, 04:11 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Can you imagine Collberg developing into the player he was projected to be & Nystrom developing into a better player than Collberg.
He has 2 multi-point games already and i don't even think Collberg has one. You can't ask for much more from a 6th rounder.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:38 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Watched the first game of the Great Lakes Invitational, a tournament in the NCAA played at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. The first game featured Mike Cichy, he scored a goal on a nice drive to the net and while he flubbed the shot it hit the defensemens stick and went in. Didn't notice much of Cichy outside the goal.

The 2nd game tonight will feature Mac Bennett, not sure if it's on tv but both the 3rd place game and the championship game are on tv tomorrow.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:29 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Wonder if Didier is back tonight. He was supposed to come back after xmas.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Et le But

Quote:

I haven't seen enough of Nystrom to have a strong opinion but based on his stats and everything I hear I have no clue why he was such an unknown.

He reminds me a little of Holland and to a lesser extent Leblanc in that he has a lot of skill but not an elite go-to move like Collberg's wrist shot or the holy grail of size and strength. But he's performing like a guy with NHL upside.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
That

Nice to near Nystrom is doing so well. I still haven't had the chance to watch him yet.

Highlights of his game: http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/nyheter/9rykvp4eje
His goal is right at the beginning and his assist follows that.

Dalton Thrower just scored a pretty goal.

Saskatoon is getting hammered 4-1 at the end of the first. Thrower has had a poor game other than that goal.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Vail with an assist and Thrower with a goal. Blades losing again though, this will be a 3rd straight loss after their big tear.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Didier is back tonight.

Bozon already has 2 goals. Heating up.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:54 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Mikaël Lalancette ‏@MLalancette

Les nouvelles sont encourageantes dans le cas de Charles Hudon. La physiothérapie se poursuit. Il recommencera à patiner le 2 janvier.

For our anglo friends, Hudon will start skating January the 2nd. Good news.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:20 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Bozon ripping it up. 2 goals in the first. 2nd one was a beauty. Best I've seen him play. Carrying the puck real well in the first.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:50 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Bozon hattrick!

Old
12-29-2012, 11:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Collberg Galchenyuk Bozon

Old
12-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I'm liking this Cole Ully kid for the 2013 draft. Never seen him play before...kid's got sick hands. Perhaps Habs might be interested considering he's on the same team as Bozon.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:29 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Watched the Michigan game last night, they did not look very good again as their offense is really struggling. Bennett saw a lot of ice time in all situations, he did have a nice rush up ice but then a turnover lead to the 3rd goal. Thought he was one of the better players for Michigan as he was all over the ice and also made some nice plays in his own end.

Michigan plays in the 3rd place game today, Cichy's team plays later tonight and Sullivan's team is also on tv against Minnesota.

Also watched Bozon last night, what a shooting gallery the game ended up being, could have been a lot higher as both teams had lots of scoring chances. Bozon's goals were really nice shots on both the 2nd and 3rd as he ripped them.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:35 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Also Didier is back from injury with an assist last night!

Old
12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Bozon higlights: http://blazerhockey.com/video/index/...063cf25b71e585

Old
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Bozon looks like the kind of player Hamilton could use right now.Cole Ully was pretty good also last night.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:53 PM
That

Been watching a lot of WHL hockey lately, so I thought I'd give a quick update on our three prospects playing there.

Saskatoon had a nice winning streak, outscoring there opponents 37 to 12. Now they've gone on a 4 game losing streak. Their starting goalie Andrey Makarov left for the World Juniors in the middle of their winning streak. Despite winning a few games after he left, their starting to see how important he actually is. Lots of weak goals allowed, despite them actually playing fairly good.

Darren Dietz hasn't been nearly as aggressive as he normally is, in both ends of the ice. He hasn't been hitting very hard and isn't taking as many risks offensive as he normally does (not that he normally takes many risks). His offense mainly comes from the powerplay because of his incredible shot. His slapshot is a howitzer and is wrister is also very good. He hits the net with consistency too. He did pick up two points last night. His goal came from jumping up in the play and his assist from taking a shot.

Similar to Dietz, his team mate Dalton Thrower hasn't been as aggressive as he normally is either. I don't recall seeing seeing him lay an open ice hit in the past three games. He hasn't been as offensively orientated as he normally is either, not rushing the puck up the ice as much and not pinching as much. He did however score a nice goal. I think his lack of offense can be attributed to his defensive game. It has been surprisingly good. He's been breaking up plays with his stick and doing a good job clearing the crease. He's broken up a few odd man rushes as well, he plays those really well. Sometimes he's a been a bit too pedestrian, but he's been good defensively for the most part.

Tim Bozon's Kamloops Blazers have been up and down this month. For the last four games or so, Bozon has been the Blazers best forward in my opinion. After scoring two goals all of November, he potted eight this month. Including six goals in his last three games. He finished the month with 15 points in 11 games. I think the main thing that has changed with Bozon is his wrist shot. His release seems much more consistent and his shot seems more powerful that it has in the past (particularly last month). He had a hat trick two nights ago, with two nice goals. One cutting into the slot on the powerplay and the other from a nice rush. He has to be more disciplined though, he's taken six minor penalties in the past five games. I love how aggressive he can be though. He can often be seen taking runs at players and is usually a focal point in scrums in the front of the net.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Been watching a lot of WHL hockey lately, so I thought I'd give a quick update on our three prospects playing there.

Saskatoon had a nice winning streak, outscoring there opponents 37 to 12. Now they've gone on a 4 game losing streak. Their starting goalie Andrey Makarov left for the World Juniors in the middle of their winning streak. Despite winning a few games after he left, their starting to see how important he actually is. Lots of weak goals allowed, despite them actually playing fairly good.

Darren Dietz hasn't been nearly as aggressive as he normally is, in both ends of the ice. He hasn't been hitting very hard and isn't taking as many risks offensive as he normally does (not that he normally takes many risks). His offense mainly comes from the powerplay because of his incredible shot. His slapshot is a howitzer and is wrister is also very good. He hits the net with consistency too. He did pick up two points last night. His goal came from jumping up in the play and his assist from taking a shot.

Similar to Dietz, his team mate Dalton Thrower hasn't been as aggressive as he normally is either. I don't recall seeing seeing him lay an open ice hit in the past three games. He hasn't been as offensively orientated as he normally is either, not rushing the puck up the ice as much and not pinching as much. He did however score a nice goal. I think his lack of offense can be attributed to his defensive game. It has been surprisingly good. He's been breaking up plays with his stick and doing a good job clearing the crease. He's broken up a few odd man rushes as well, he plays those really well. Sometimes he's a been a bit too pedestrian, but he's been good defensively for the most part.

Tim Bozon's Kamloops Blazers have been up and down this month. For the last four games or so, Bozon has been the Blazers best forward in my opinion. After scoring two goals all of November, he potted eight this month. Including six goals in his last three games. He finished the month with 15 points in 11 games. I think the main thing that has changed with Bozon is his wrist shot. His release seems much more consistent and his shot seems more powerful that it has in the past (particularly last month). He had a hat trick two nights ago, with two nice goals. One cutting into the slot on the powerplay and the other from a nice rush. He has to be more disciplined though, he's taken six minor penalties in the past five games. I love how aggressive he can be though. He can often be seen taking runs at players and is usually a focal point in scrums in the front of the net.
We need more players that aren't scared to facewash other players

Old
01-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Walsh played 2 games in the last few days. Shutout in the first one, scored last night. 9 points in 11 games on the season.

Closed Thread