HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

vCash: 500
Wow hudon is playing amazing... how he felt in the draft is tremedous for us.... he is a surefire nhler if his body can keep-up.

This draft has been UNREAL.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:42 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Needless to say Hudon had a nice game tonight. Seemed like he didn't miss a minute of play how good he was. Definitely the smartest player out there today, and probably the most talented. His anticipation is off the charts, he cut passes or stopped players countless of times with his good stick. Played the point on PP and looked good. His slapper surprised me. I knew he could place the puck well, but he added force on it I think.

Hubert didn't play him on PK to ease him into the lineup but he seemed good enough to play it. Doesn't look hurt anymore. He needs to add explosion to his stride though, and strength, but beside that, we have a player my friends. Such a shame he couldn't play in UFA Should be a huge part of next year's team in Malmo, hopefully

About Sherbrooke, they are FAR from the team that they were at the beginning of the year. They will climb a few spots before the playoffs. Adding Lebel and Kamaev will help a lot. They almost beat the Sags today without their #1 and #2 D(Richer and Neill who was at the U17) and their most talented player in Audette(also at the U17). Deslauriers was also missing, but he's a 3rd liner this year.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 01-04-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Dietz with a goal. Already his 11th.

Vail with an assist as Windsor is giving up a ton of goals to the Gally-less Sting.

Make it 2 assists for Brady. 36 PTS in 39 games.
Who has the better shot, Dietz or Thrower?

Old
01-05-2013, 05:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched North Dakota, MacMillan remains on the top line with Kristo, both had solid games. Kristo's goal was into an open net but he's now got 8 pts in his last 3 games. Game was kind of boring though as Holy Cross isn't very good so ND is playing a soft spot in their schedule but this is the last non conference series of the season. Still a good way to kick off the 2nd half of the season as Kristo remains among the top scorers in the NCAA.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watched North Dakota, MacMillan remains on the top line with Kristo, both had solid games. Kristo's goal was into an open net but he's now got 8 pts in his last 3 games. Game was kind of boring though as Holy Cross isn't very good so ND is playing a soft spot in their schedule but this is the last non conference series of the season. Still a good way to kick off the 2nd half of the season as Kristo remains among the top scorers in the NCAA.
How was Mark's bro, Mitch, first game?

Old
01-05-2013, 10:26 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How was Mark's bro, Mitch, first game?
Didn't notice him.

During the game they said that Kristo is the only active player in the NCAA to have more then 50 goals and 80 assists. Going to be interesting to see what he does in the AHL.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:28 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Didn't notice him.

During the game they said that Kristo is the only active player in the NCAA to have more then 50 goals and 80 assists. Going to be interesting to see what he does in the AHL.
You think he's ready enough to go straight to the NHL, if 'say UND gets eliminated quick in the playoffs?

I think so. But you've probably seen him play more than anyone on here combined so I was wondering what you thought about it.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
You think he's ready enough to go straight to the NHL, if 'say UND gets eliminated quick in the playoffs?

I think so. But you've probably seen him play more than anyone on here combined so I was wondering what you thought about it.
No, I don't and I wouldn't want to see him in the NHL next year either as I think he needs to spend time in the AHL to work on being more consistent adjust to the increased hockey schedule he is going to face once he turns pro.

For this year, if there's an NHL season, Kristo would likely be in the NCAA until April. as North Dakota should be in the Frozen Four tournament again. The Frozen Four starts March 29th, single elimination, but if they good deep again (which i wouldn't bet on unless their goaltending gets better) he could be playing till mid-April. But maybe they could bring him up (after he's signed of course) and let him take in the experience since Hamilton is overloaded with rookies already if it ends up he can get signed on time for a game or two. Even if he doesn't dress, which of course would depend on what kind of season the Habs ended up having if they do in fact have one. I'd send him to Hamilton personally but who knows what management has in mind for him.

I am excited to see what he can do in the AHL though, as he has a ton of offensive skill and can be a ton of fun to watch. With his speed and hands along with impressive passing abilities he can do a lot of damage out there.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:38 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
No, I don't and I wouldn't want to see him in the NHL next year either as I think he needs to spend time in the AHL to work on being more consistent adjust to the increased hockey schedule he is going to face once he turns pro.

For this year, if there's an NHL season, Kristo would likely be in the NCAA until April. as North Dakota should be in the Frozen Four tournament again. The Frozen Four starts March 29th, single elimination, but if they good deep again (which i wouldn't bet on unless their goaltending gets better) he could be playing till mid-April. But maybe they could bring him up (after he's signed of course) and let him take in the experience since Hamilton is overloaded with rookies already if it ends up he can get signed on time for a game or two. Even if he doesn't dress, which of course would depend on what kind of season the Habs ended up having if they do in fact have one. I'd send him to Hamilton personally but who knows what management has in mind for him.

I am excited to see what he can do in the AHL though, as he has a ton of offensive skill and can be a ton of fun to watch. With his speed and hands along with impressive passing abilities he can do a lot of damage out there.
Alright thanks.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:57 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Who has the better shot, Dietz or Thrower?
IMO Dietz is a safer prospect, but Thrower has a higher ceiling.

I'm partial to Thrower because I just love his nastiness, even if it borderlines on bat-**** crazy sometimes. We totally need a player with that type of edge, especially on the back end.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Et le But

I like Thrower more of the two first of all because of his shot and second because of his nastiness - Dietz plays physical and all but he doesn't play on the edge as far as Thrower does. Thrower also has a little more offensive talent overall, I think.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
That

Thrower for me as well. He's a faster skater (Dietz is fast too), more aggressive, better fighter, better open ice hitter, is more offensive minded, and has better hands. The difference between them defensively has closed quite a bit in eyes too, Thrower has improved a lot.

Dietz is pretty awesome though. He has an absolute bomb of a shot from the point, and is pretty mean too.

Both have NHL upside, but Thrower has more. I think Thrower could be a good #4 defenceman and Dietz might be a solid bottom pairing defenceman.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
IMO Dietz is a safer prospect, but Thrower has a higher ceiling.

I'm partial to Thrower because I just love his nastiness, even if it borderlines on bat-**** crazy sometimes. We totally need a player with that type of edge, especially on the back end.
Good analysis. I have to be honest though and say that I was not expecting that up and down season that Thrower is having. Higher ceiling, surely....but way less safer and more encline to not achieve it. I like Dietz a lot personnally.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:11 PM
EveryDay

Danny Kristo 1G-1A so far tonight.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Kristo with another solid game, his goal was a nice shot from the point for the game winner, his 3rd gw this season. If he had 1 more point he would be tied for 6th in the league in scoring, currently he's at a 1.4 ppg which is among the leagues best. If he keeps up the production he should be a in the running for the Hobey Baker although he'd have a hard time winning it as Johnny Gaudreau is likely the current front runner.

Next weekend almost every Hab NCAA prospect is on tv plus Dietz/Thrower on the NHL Network, so should have a few reports on the games.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:31 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Possible that Dietz ends up something like Sheldon Souray? Big, tough, fights, bomb from the point. Not spectacular defensively but solid?

Old
01-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Hudon's 3 points tonight. His wrist shot is wicked.

2 great shots, hell of a shift on the 1st goal

Old
01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Kristo with another solid game, his goal was a nice shot from the point for the game winner, his 3rd gw this season. If he had 1 more point he would be tied for 6th in the league in scoring, currently he's at a 1.4 ppg which is among the leagues best. If he keeps up the production he should be a in the running for the Hobey Baker although he'd have a hard time winning it as Johnny Gaudreau is likely the current front runner.

Next weekend almost every Hab NCAA prospect is on tv plus Dietz/Thrower on the NHL Network, so should have a few reports on the games.
awesome. Really love your updates. After seeing Gaudreau, I won't be too upset if Kristo loses out to him.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Possible that Dietz ends up something like Sheldon Souray? Big, tough, fights, bomb from the point. Not spectacular defensively but solid?
Similar styles perhaps but Souray is alot bigger than Dietz and it is tough to compare almost anyone's shot with Souray's as he was very accurate along with the awesome power.

That being said Dietz has a very interesting skillset and players such as himself will be a nice change from some of the cream puffs that Hab fans have had to endure on the blueline.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
katatoniak

If one day the blueline looks like Subban, Tinordi, thrower, Emelin and Dietz

It will be a hit fest

Old
01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
JAVO16

Quote:

Isn't his own teammate Corban Knight leading him by 4 points too ? Wouldn't being the most productive player on your team be a prerequisite for the Hobey Baker ?

Old
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
pc_md

Not really. See Blake Geoffrion vs Derek Stepan in 2010...

Old
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
as15

"Hobey likes goals" was the reason Geoffrion was selected over Stepan.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't think he would be like Souray. I think Dietz will be someone that does most things well nothing really great. We'll see how he adjusts to the pro game next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
awesome. Really love your updates. After seeing Gaudreau, I won't be too upset if Kristo loses out to him.
Thanks. Gaudreau leads the NCAA in ppg and his team was the #1 team in the nation so he's got a good shot at winning it. The Hobey Baker is meaningless in terms of NHL abilities, I remember when Higgins was one of the 10 finalist after his sophmore year and I remember when Yann Danis almost won it after his Senior year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Isn't his own teammate Corban Knight leading him by 4 points too ? Wouldn't being the most productive player on your team be a prerequisite for the Hobey Baker ?
Not really. When Geoffrion won the Hobey Baker he was 4th on his team in scoring.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
30whales

Quote:
Mark MacMillan was actually moved off of the top line this weekend. Michael Parks (PHI) returned from an injury and he was put on the top line in Mark's place. They had Mark centering what was considered the third line. I think they put him there to be on a line with his brother Mitch.

Closed Thread