HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
  #326
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Such an odd prospect, he looked incredible in his preseason games with the habs last year. Does he just not have the hockey IQ?
He's pretty selfish with the puck yes. So could be.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
  #327
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Such an odd prospect, he looked incredible in his preseason games with the habs last year. Does he just not have the hockey IQ?
Yeah he stood out there for me too though he barely played. You could see that he was more skilled than our other forward prospects.

I've heard he's worked on his play without the puck and not being so selfish which I heard were his biggest issues. I saw him play one game and he played solid. Speedy, tenacious on the puck and made some real nice passes.

Don't know about his IQ but didn't seem to be an issue though it was a small sample size. Really hope he can put it together. I'm sure he'll at least get a contract.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:19 AM
  #328
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Not 100% confirmed, but there are reports from Europe this new CBA gives teams 4 years to sign their European draft picks.
wow that would be amazing and would help us tons since Hamilton will be jam packed for the next couple years. Having to squeeze in Nygren, Pribyl, Collberg and Nystrom would mean they could bump out some long shots I'd like to see get a chance like Walsh and Archambault.

I think I'm liking the fruits of this lockout more and more.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:04 AM
  #329
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,906
vCash: 500
Well Pribyl should be brought overseas as soon as possible if there's any chance his skating will be salvageable. I just don't trust Czech skating coaches right now.

And the Bulldogs could use Nygren, unless he refuses to play in the AHL of course. But don't forget he was drafted overage, so if he has a future in North America, it's probably soon or never.

Archambault will get a contract.. As problematic as he is, the Bulldogs need all the skill they can get.

Et le But is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
  #330
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well Pribyl should be brought overseas as soon as possible if there's any chance his skating will be salvageable. I just don't trust Czech skating coaches right now.

And the Bulldogs could use Nygren, unless he refuses to play in the AHL of course. But don't forget he was drafted overage, so if he has a future in North America, it's probably soon or never.

Archambault will get a contract.. As problematic as he is, the Bulldogs need all the skill they can get.
I'm not sure about Archambault. He did improve a bit, but I don't know if that's enough. I've seen him play maybe 7-8 times this year as Sherbrooke are a divisional rival of Drummondville and he played quite a few times on TVASports, and I'm still not sold yet on his case. He has so much talent though. Depends of the number of contracts we have available next year for prospects. I sign Dietz and Thrower way before him, and if Bennett wants to turn pro, it's a no-brainer. Then you can add Collberg who could possibly come, Nygren, Pribyl, Walsh and Kristo.

There won't be many contracts left for Olivier. It will all depend on that. Schultz will be gone that's for sure. Do you keep Stejskal? Palushaj? Mayer? Nash seems like history now with the Habs so that's another contract gone.

It will be interesting to follow though. I'd definitely rather have him with the Dogs than 'say Lefebvre.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
  #331
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Not 100% confirmed, but there are reports from Europe this new CBA gives teams 4 years to sign their European draft picks.
4 years is definitely 100% confirmed for Swedish players, it was announced publicly by the Swedish Ice Hockey Association. Not sure if it will apply for other European nations though, as by the sounds of it this was a deal the SIHA negotiated on it's own with the NHL.

Franck is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:30 AM
  #332
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well Pribyl should be brought overseas as soon as possible if there's any chance his skating will be salvageable. I just don't trust Czech skating coaches right now.

And the Bulldogs could use Nygren, unless he refuses to play in the AHL of course. But don't forget he was drafted overage, so if he has a future in North America, it's probably soon or never.

Archambault will get a contract.. As problematic as he is, the Bulldogs need all the skill they can get.
The problem with having Nygren in Hamilton next year is that he's a RD. Ellis, Pateryn, Dietz and Thrower should all be with the Dogs as RD's as well. So the Dogs are looking at another log jam on defense next year.

Even though he was drafted as an overager, last season was his first full season in the SEL, so I'd rather see him loaned back to the SEL if we have the room among the 50 contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I'm not sure about Archambault. He did improve a bit, but I don't know if that's enough. I've seen him play maybe 7-8 times this year as Sherbrooke are a divisional rival of Drummondville and he played quite a few times on TVASports, and I'm still not sold yet on his case. He has so much talent though. Depends of the number of contracts we have available next year for prospects. I sign Dietz and Thrower way before him, and if Bennett wants to turn pro, it's a no-brainer. Then you can add Collberg who could possibly come, Nygren, Pribyl, Walsh and Kristo.

There won't be many contracts left for Olivier. It will all depend on that. Schultz will be gone that's for sure. Do you keep Stejskal? Palushaj? Mayer? Nash seems like history now with the Habs so that's another contract gone.
I think Archambault will get a contract unless we end up not having any room on the 50 contract limit, from what i've heard in the past the Habs really like him so I could see them taking a shot on him.

I could see Schultz, Stejskal, Nash and Mayer let go. At this point I'd be surprised if any were brought back next year. Not a fan of Palushaj either so it will be interesting to see what happens there as well.

montreal is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:42 AM
  #333
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I read on twitter from one of the OHL guys that they'll most likely trade Koko...Windsor has been terrible recently and with the sanctions they need to get back some picks.

Apparently the Justin Schultz rule, which Bennett would be eligible for, still exists:

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...23097029914624

Although it's not quite what that writer tweeted.
That's pretty vague as he only mentioned the 4 years to sign, and not the loophole that college players can use.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:54 PM
  #334
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
Top 24 under 24

Pre Season Edition

Galchenyuk-Eller-Collberg - so much potential greatness

MacMillan-Holland-Kristo - the Count and his servants

Hudon-Bournival-Leblanc - wrap them in the flag

Bozon-Dumont-Gallagher - tons of grit and spit

Avtsin-Nattinen-Quailer - not giving up on these guys


Tinordi-Subban - elite shutdown potential

Beaulieu-Ellis - n8 only looks gr8 paired with Cap'n Morgan

Bennett-Pateryn - compliment each other so well

Dietz-Thrower - wish Dietz was a leftie

Nygren - PP shooter

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
  #335
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,723
vCash: 500
Archambault might be someone that would benefit from an overage year to dominate.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 01:03 PM
  #336
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Archambault might be someone that would benefit from an overage year to dominate.
Definitely.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:22 PM
  #337
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
That's pretty vague as he only mentioned the 4 years to sign, and not the loophole that college players can use.
I can't read twitter at work but the NCAA loophole is a 4 year to sign as it's for players that don't play in the NCAA right away so after their 3rd year in the NCAA, which would be 4 years after being drafted in the NHL they can opt out by June 1st and become UFA's on July 1st.

So it sounds like the NHL offered to push this to 5 years, thus all but closing the loophole unless a rare situation where an NHL draft pick spends 2 years outside the NCAA and then plays 3 years in the NCAA.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Archambault might be someone that would benefit from an overage year to dominate.
I wouldn't think so, would rather see him in the ECHL then in the Q as a 20 year old. I'd like to see how he can do in a more physical environment against bigger/stronger players. I don't think he's a prospect that needs to dominate in the Q since the talent is there and from what i've heard in the past so is the confidence.

montreal is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:26 PM
  #338
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Just a random question: is Alain Berger officially done with the organization? Are they going to have a mutual agreement to terminate his contract at the end of the season since he didn't follow his contractual obligations? If yes, I don't see how we wouldn't sign Archambault since that opens up a spot. We could always buy-out Philippe Lefebvre's contract since I see no chance in hell of him having any impact in the AHL let alone NHL.

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
  #339
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Just a random question: is Alain Berger officially done with the organization? Are they going to have a mutual agreement to terminate his contract at the end of the season since he didn't follow his contractual obligations? If yes, I don't see how we wouldn't sign Archambault since that opens up a spot. We could always buy-out Philippe Lefebvre's contract since I see no chance in hell of him having any impact in the AHL let alone NHL.
He is still under contract with us for next year too I believe, so he could come back.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 03:52 PM
  #340
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He is still under contract with us for next year too I believe, so he could come back.
He signed a 2 year deal with SC Bern. I'd be surprised if his NHL contract isn't terminated.

Mue is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
  #341
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
He signed a 2 year deal with SC Bern. I'd be surprised if his NHL contract isn't terminated.
That's possible?

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
  #342
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
That's possible?
I don't know all the conditions but it is possible. Another HF member (Montreal or Habsprospect) could probably explain the details.

Mue is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
  #343
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Magnus Nygren with the GWG in Färjestad's 2-1 win tonight. He had 5 shots, played 23:09 minutes and was -1.

I must say I'm surprised with his season. He has always looked good in stats, but I think those stats are impressive.

1st in Goals by defensemen (7 goals)
1st in PP Goals by defensemen (5 PPG)
4th in Shots by defensemen (92 shots)
5th in PP Points by defensemen (9 PPP)
6th in Points by defensemen (21 points)
9th in Ice time per game (23:07 min/game)
9th in +/- for defensemen (+9)

strutsboa is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
  #344
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,326
vCash: 613
Yep. Both sides have to agree to terminate the contract though.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
  #345
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Magnus Nygren with the GWG in Färjestad's 2-1 win tonight. He had 5 shots, played 23:09 minutes and was -1.

I must say I'm surprised with his season. He has always looked good in stats, but I think those stats are impressive.

1st in Goals by defensemen (7 goals)
1st in PP Goals by defensemen (5 PPG)
4th in Shots by defensemen (92 shots)
5th in PP Points by defensemen (9 PPP)
6th in Points by defensemen (21 points)
9th in Ice time per game (23:07 min/game)
9th in +/- for defensemen (+9)
I didn't think much of him until this year but at this point I'd definitely like to see him get a shot in North America...would be funny if after all the "next Streit" talk about Weber and Diaz, the next Streit actually comes from Sweden.

I usually don't care about +/- but that and his ice time might even be more interesting than his points.

Et le But is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 06:30 PM
  #346
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yep. Both sides have to agree to terminate the contract though.
He was legally assigned to the ECHL, refused to report and signed in Europe, they just need to waive him, give him a notice and terminate his contract. (that is of course in the old CBA)

habsprospects is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
  #347
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
man, sick goal by Hudon, SH at that. We'll need a video for that one.

slows the play down on a 1-1, lets Diaby slide, keeps the puck, shoots top corner on Whitney who's 6'5

favorite Habs prospect after Galchenyuk by far

Mathletic is online now  
Old
01-08-2013, 07:25 PM
  #348
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
man, sick goal by Hudon, SH at that. We'll need a video for that one.

slows the play down on a 1-1, lets Diaby slide, keeps the puck, shoots top corner on Whitney who's 6'5

favorite Habs prospect after Galchenyuk by far
Agree this player has amazing skills!!!!

Still prefer the Big Tinordi but definitely in our top 7-8 prospects.

EveryDay is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
  #349
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Just saw Hudon goal on RDS......nifty move there!

niftymove is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 07:27 PM
  #350
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,715
vCash: 500
add an assist to his game on the PP

He his now 15 in the LHJMQ in Point per game.

EveryDay is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.