HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No leadership cost with Price as Colgate captain

Old
12-12-2012, 02:45 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
No leadership cost with Price as Colgate captain

After a little bit of a slow start to his collegiate hockey career, Jeremy Price has come on strong, and he has developed into one of the top offensive threats of any ECAC defensive contingent.

The Vancouver Canucks prospect has continued to show statistical improvement since his freshman season. He had 19 points in his freshman season, 19 the next, and 23 points last season. So far in his senior season, Price is off to a strong start with four goals and six assists.

“His progression has been really good,” Colgate coach Don Vaughan said.

“He is a quiet guy, but he goes about his business.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:55 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Wow...have not been following this guy, so this is a great surprise. We have quite the unheralded defense corps.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
StrictlyCommercial

I'm liking all these Canucks prospect articles lately. Well written and with good information from coaches etc. Huge improvement on the past couple years.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:29 PM
thefeebster

I really liked that quote about him inspiring his teammates to come back in a 4-1 game and the coach thinking it was all of his doing. It's been a long time since we've had a truly "rah-rah" type captain on our team. That's exciting to hear.

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:52 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Like the fact that a couple of our dark horse prospects also play RD. These articles do inspire a glimmer of hope in what appears to be a weak prospect pool.

settinguptheplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
B-rock

I'll pile on here and add my voice to those who have already mentioned that these articles are well written and add some valuable insights compared to articles over years past.

I'm also impressed with what the Canucks have managed to do with their defence prospect scouting abilities under Gillis' tenure. We're starting to see at least a couple of viable d-men come out of every draft. It remains to be seen whether or not they will make it all the way to the show and provide an impact, but it's certainly a nice change seeing at least a couple d-men from each draft making it to the AHL level.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
I'm liking all these Canucks prospect articles lately. Well written and with good information from coaches etc. Huge improvement on the past couple years.
A lot better then our local media. Thanks HF!

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
Yup, I'm pleasantly surprised. Meanwhile, the Canucks reporters...

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:57 PM
BluesyShoes

Hey, can anyone clarify how the rules work for a player in their senior year? I know he can turn pro after school, but what is the deal about signing with the Canucks? Does he have to, or can he test free agency?

BluesyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesyShoes View Post
Hey, can anyone clarify how the rules work for a player in their senior year? I know he can turn pro after school, but what is the deal about signing with the Canucks? Does he have to, or can he test free agency?
All depends on the new CBA. If it's the same as the current one then we would have until August 15th to sign him, I believe. But yes, he could turn pro and sign with someone else.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Bitz and Bites

Hopefully he does sign and plays on the Wolves next season,we need some new blood on there with Sauve and Connauton looking like they've plateaued and likely won't ever be full time NHLers.Sauve especially should be cut loose,either not resigned if his contract is up or traded/demoted if he's still under contract.

Price sounds like an interesting prospect who continues to improve which is a good sign.Hopefully he can make the jump to the pros and keep the progression going.

Bitz and Bites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I was pretty high on all of Corrado, McNally and Price. Probably McNally in particular, as I think he'd have the highest ceiling. Right now Corrado is the farthest ahead in terms of development.

Hopefully we can start strengthening our forward prospect pool this upcoming draft. Hopefully Luongo can be the piece to help us replenish that.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:20 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Good to see him doing well and being relied on in all situations. Hopefully he joins Tanev and Corrado as another good young RH D-man in our system.

And agreed, good job on the writing. Keep it up.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote