HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News around the NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
  #351
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny
 
Koobs11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Honestly why not we are already playing the salary cap game with DP and Thomas, we take him on see what he can do if he cant play we waive or buy out if we have success even as a bottom pairing DMan why the hell not!

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:13 PM
  #352
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,997
vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobs11 View Post
Honestly why not we are already playing the salary cap game with DP and Thomas, we take him on see what he can do if he cant play we waive or buy out if we have success even as a bottom pairing DMan why the hell not!
Carkner's on the 3rd pairing, in the 1st yr of a 3 yr deal. Even if the Leafs paid half of Komi's $3.5m- $4.5m salary, the isles don't need two slow skating pylons, paired up, on the 3rd pairing.

MacDonald-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
Carkner
Hickey/Finley/De Haan/Donovan/Reinhart

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:54 AM
  #353
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,997
vCash: 855
Garroich's rumors. If the ROR asking price is true... then wow.What a high price.
Now that the Avs matched the offersheet, ROR can't be dealt for 1 full yr. It'll be interesting to see if he's dealt in 1 yr and if he brings the same rumored, high price.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/01/...-spectacularly
Had the Flames not made the offer, O'Reilly would have been dealt to the East. The Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings and Calgary all tried to make deals, but Sherman was trying to send him to either the New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs or Tampa Bay Lightning.

The asking price in a trade was rich. League executives say the Avs wanted a player, prospect and No. 1 pick from any team. In the case of the Rangers, sources say the ask was D Michael Del Zotto, LW Chris Kreider and a pick.

"That is nuts," said the insider.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:01 AM
  #354
Bunk Moreland
Registered User
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 50
Would explain why the rangers/ROR rumors lasted thirty seconds.. No one is going to meet that price.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:03 AM
  #355
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,997
vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Would explain why the rangers/ROR rumors lasted thirty seconds.. No one is going to meet that price.
There was a quote that Sather found the asking price too high, but I thought the writer was saying ROR's contract demands were too high for Sather.
Sather had just strong armed De Zotto, into taking that cheap bridge contract.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
  #356
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,600
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Garroich's rumors. If the ROR asking price is true... then wow.What a high price.
Now that the Avs matched the offersheet, ROR can't be dealt for 1 full yr. It'll be interesting to see if he's dealt in 1 yr and if he brings the same rumored, high price.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/01/...-spectacularly
Had the Flames not made the offer, O'Reilly would have been dealt to the East. The Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings and Calgary all tried to make deals, but Sherman was trying to send him to either the New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs or Tampa Bay Lightning.

The asking price in a trade was rich. League executives say the Avs wanted a player, prospect and No. 1 pick from any team. In the case of the Rangers, sources say the ask was D Michael Del Zotto, LW Chris Kreider and a pick.

"That is nuts," said the insider.
Ranger's price IS nuts.

Prospect, player, and pick is not too much depending on what form of that you use. Our 1st, Grabner, and Strome would be too much. Next year's 1st, Okposo, and Ness would be totally acceptable.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
  #357
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,076
vCash: 50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z2aNif71_y0

Mark Staal takes puck to the eye.


We hate the Rangers, but you NEVER want to see something like this happen.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #358
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z2aNif71_y0

Mark Staal takes puck to the eye.


We hate the Rangers, but you NEVER want to see something like this happen.
Hope he's okay, so scary to see a player get hit in the face with a slap shot.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
  #359
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,076
vCash: 50
https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...43602234281984


@SlavaMalamud: Ovechkin on Milbury: "I can also voice my opinions about his work as a GM"

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:44 PM
  #360
Bunk Moreland
Registered User
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...43602234281984


@SlavaMalamud: Ovechkin on Milbury: "I can also voice my opinions about his work as a GM"
I actually laughed when I saw that.. Good for Ovie Milbury went overboard on him during their NBSN broadcast..

15:00 left in the 3rd and the Blackhawks lead the Wild 4-2.. They're unbelievable.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:31 PM
  #361
smheilbron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
blackhawks just won again. just amazing

smheilbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:40 PM
  #362
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,965
vCash: 500
You guys never told us how underrated Parenteau's defensive game is. I have been super impressed by it.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
  #363
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,997
vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You guys never told us how underrated Parenteau's defensive game is. I have been super impressed by it.
Nice to see PA doing well. It's easier to root for him to do well elsewhere because he's out west

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:58 PM
  #364
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,600
vCash: 250
Getzlaf at 8 years, 66 mill or so? Wow.

So how much is left for Perry?

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:05 PM
  #365
Dutch Frost
Battle Level
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Getzlaf at 8 years, 66 mill or so? Wow.

So how much is left for Perry?
Yeah that is too expensive for Wang.. Whose on waivers?

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:16 PM
  #366
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 16,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Yeah that is too expensive for Wang.. Whose on waivers?
Taylor Jackson, an overage 31yo winger from Burnabee High School in B.C. who just passed his Math finals with a 72 and can now graduate high school. He scored 38G 12A in 12 games his 16th season with the team and is known as a role model type in the lockerroom being as he's been the only one who could buy beer.

Expect an invite to camp. His parents want him out of the basement and he's not ready to leave, so a smooth transition to the NHL's basement is in quick order.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
  #367
Symon Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Blackhawks will lose tonight. Too many injuries (Sharp Shaw Hossa playing but not 100%)

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
  #368
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,600
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Yeah that is too expensive for Wang.. Whose on waivers?
They are trying to get some athletes to mate this spring to create a wing for Tavares. Should be about, oh, 19 years from now...

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:05 PM
  #369
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Backman scores a softee and the an empty netter. 4-2 bst win

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:14 PM
  #370
Bunk Moreland
Registered User
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon Asher View Post
Blackhawks will lose tonight. Too many injuries (Sharp Shaw Hossa playing but not 100%)
Halfway through the third and they're down 5-2 not looking good.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:27 PM
  #371
nyisles
Registered User
 
nyisles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suffolk
Country: United States
Posts: 5,677
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
PAP just made it 6-2, put it in the books... great run for Chicago

__________________
nyisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
  #372
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 21,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon Asher View Post
Blackhawks will lose tonight. Too many injuries (Sharp Shaw Hossa playing but not 100%)
Good call. Congrats to the Hawks on their run & to the Avs for ending it.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:52 PM
  #373
Bunk Moreland
Registered User
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Good call. Congrats to the Hawks on their run & to the Avs for ending it.
So impressive.. Biggest question really is if their goaltending will hold up the remainder of the season.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:02 AM
  #374
zaius
Registered User
 
zaius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1183/marian-gaborik

Marian Gaborik's days with the New York Rangers may be numbered, according to Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record.

Any chance of Snow making a power move?

zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
  #375
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,743
vCash: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaius View Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1183/marian-gaborik

Marian Gaborik's days with the New York Rangers may be numbered, according to Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record.

Any chance of Snow making a power move?
Nice idea, but I'd rather not help them make room to sign Corey Perry this summer, thank you very much. And the Isles need size and grit up front more than they need what Gaborik provides.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.