HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Things You've Yelled At Players At Games [+ Reactions]

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 01:46 AM
John McClane

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I love the "You Suck" at the end, the poor guy had no idea what to say.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Eisen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
My other idea was to get a life sized cut out of this picture...

And put it up against the boards when Chara is looking.
Do it..... Do it

Old
12-13-2012, 09:10 AM
kento19
@kento19

One of my buddies was at an AHL game last year right behind the Providence bench. I think it was Jordan Caron, but I may be wrong. Anyway, my friend just kept saying "Hey, Caron!!" over and over for like a period. Finally he turned around and my buddy said "Pay attention to the f***ing game, what are you doing looking at me" I thought it was hilarious

Old
12-13-2012, 09:38 AM
preds1

vCash: 605
I always liked this one with Sully when he was with Chicago...

Old
12-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymajn View Post
Can't stand the so-called fans who yell stupid stuff at games. Like it makes any difference whatsoever. All it does is bump your own self-esteem up and make everyone around you want to punch you in the face.
If you're not yelling at refs or giving the opposing players a hard time, how is it even home ice advantage?

Old
12-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Grandpabuzz

Send a message via AIM to Grandpabuzz
Was at a Houston/Texas AHL game earlier this year and was able to set right in front of the glass. Called Cam Barker a bust as loud as I could during a faceoff and he turned and just looked at me.

There was also this really annoying middle-aged woman who just started shrieking at Hackett for no reason. So during a break, Hackett came over and lifted some ice over the glass and sprayed her with it lmao

Old
12-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Fishhead

I thanked Edler loudly every chance I got during game 4 of the playoffs last year. He gave us some amazing gifts during that series . Asked him for his address to put him on my Christmas card list.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
At a stars practice in Toronto I yelled out 'hey mike' .. Modano looks at me . 'YOU SUUUUUCK' lol got the death stare haha .. I was 12 or 13 at the time ...

Old
12-13-2012, 11:23 AM
ilikeblocks

At a Predators vs. Blues pre-season game, some buddies and I kept chanting "Sidney Crosby" and "We want Sidney". We were two rows off the glass. During one of the stoppages in play, we started chanting, and Jason Arnott looks at us, raises his arms, and gives a nice Cro-Magnon looks.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:32 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Turco betting a fan was classic.

My best moment was at a Toronto Rock game and the opposing goalie was Cowie or Cowy or something like that so everyone was mooing, he gave us the finger quite a few times that game.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
If you're not yelling at refs or giving the opposing players a hard time, how is it even home ice advantage?
And what's the point of watching it live if you aren't going to make it any better than it is when you watch in your basement.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpabuzz View Post
There was also this really annoying middle-aged woman who just started shrieking at Hackett for no reason. So during a break, Hackett came over and lifted some ice over the glass and sprayed her with it lmao
Well that settles it, this kid has to make the Wild now.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I yelled at Kari Lehtonen (sp?) once, the dallas goalie, "Kari is a girls name"

It went over pretty well.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRF5EpPNwU lmao

Anyway, I have this wheel chaired friend and he and I go to every Rangers/Devils game in Jersey(especially since I live so close). Anyway, he is over the top obnoxious at these games. When it gets real quiet he'll yell out "Hey Brodeur how's your sister-in-law? How do things work around the holidays?" If you have a sense of humor you can chuckle about it, I don't condone what he does but it cracks me up. He is very loud too and since he's in a wheel chair no one really bothers him. As for me personally I don't yell stuff, I don't see the need to get into an argument or fight over something so senseless.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:03 PM
zoA

When I was younger I yelled at Chris Simon to cut his hair, he looked at me like he was going to murder my entire family in our sleep. Absolute psychopath right there.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRF5EpPNwU lmao

Anyway, I have this wheel chaired friend and he and I go to every Rangers/Devils game in Jersey(especially since I live so close). Anyway, he is over the top obnoxious at these games. When it gets real quiet he'll yell out "Hey Brodeur how's your sister-in-law? How do things work around the holidays?" If you have a sense of humor you can chuckle about it, I don't condone what he does but it cracks me up. He is very loud too and since he's in a wheel chair no one really bothers him. As for me personally I don't yell stuff, I don't see the need to get into an argument or fight over something so senseless.
Your friend is awesome

Old
12-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
I always liked this one with Sully when he was with Chicago...

I can find no more evidence than this that Karma is real.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:42 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
One of my buddies was at an AHL game last year right behind the Providence bench. I think it was Jordan Caron, but I may be wrong. Anyway, my friend just kept saying "Hey, Caron!!" over and over for like a period. Finally he turned around and my buddy said "Pay attention to the f***ing game, what are you doing looking at me" I thought it was hilarious
Your friend is an excellent troll.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Cotton McKnight
BLUESBLUESBLUESBLUES

Playoffs verse the Coyotes in the late 90's, our family seats were 2nd row behind the visiting team's bench. Drunk guys in the first row yells during a timeout, "Jeremy Roenick, BEATS HIS FEET!" Roenick looked very confused, then laughed at the guys. Loved those drunk guys, constantly asked me how to pronounce foreign players names, yelled and heckled the whole time, when they were not upstairs at the bar.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Was at a Sabres/Islanders game at the Coliseum recently. Rob Niedermayer got a penalty and I had seats a few feet away from the penalty box. I yelled "Hey Rob, how does it feel knowing that your mother loves your brother more?"

I don't know if he heard me or not, if he did, no reaction.

Later that game Montador got a penalty, and since he was on my fantasy team I yelled "Hey Montador, thanks for the extra 2 PIMs this week in fantasy!" I swear he chuckled.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:36 PM
capt midnight

not really nhl, but one time my nephew was playing a pee-wee game and i hit the referee with a whiskey bottle.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
tjcurrie

At a Stars game in Edmonton back in the late 90s. I noticed a few fellas from the town I live in sitting atop the section I was in and we're all Stars fans so I moved up to sit with them. They yelled a couple times:

"HEY BUCHBERGER! YOUR CAREER IS JUST LIKE YOUR HAIR! DOWN THE DRAIN!"

Old
12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
hockeyauthority

In the OHL I distinctly remember giving Dennis Wideman a rough ride every time he visited. He was a rookie the first time I saw him and right next to me was a close friend of his, a girl, and she and I got talking. Well, I gave it to Wideman the whole game. He really played awful that game and at the end of the game I remember saying to the girl: "Your friend had a fine game didn't he?" And she literally just gave me the finger.

I harassed Wideman a lot in the 4 years in the OHL. In his rookie year he left the Sudbury Wolves after then coach Bert Templeton choked him on the bench. It was around 2003, Bert had died and Wideman was on London by now and at the end of the game he was one of the three stars and he skated out and back under the stands. Just before he skated off the ice I yelled loud enough for him to hear: "Hey Wideman I should get Templeton to choke you again!" I swear to you he had a shocked look on his face as if to say "How do people remember that?" I have forever associated Wideman with that moment.

Corey Perry is another one on London that we hated. After a tight physical battle the London Knights were skating off the ice towards the zamboni entrance. Dale Hunter, who I loathed was the coach at that time and I yelled at Hunter: "You were a filthy player, no wonder you never won a Stanley Cup." No reaction. Perry and some of the Knights sort of hammed it up and rubbed the victory in our faces. A couple of water bottles were thrown their way and for some reason I caught the eye of Perry. I yelled at him: "You'll never amount to anything, Perry." He kept hamming it up and for some reason I saw a hot dog wrapper on the ground and I picked it up and threw it towards him. Not hard, but Perry reacted and ducked out of the way and it his one of his teammates in the chest who didn't even notice. Little did I know I was standing right next to an usher and Perry tried to motion to the usher to kick me out. The usher didn't even move. I really don't know why I got into the mob mentality trick because I never agree with throwing debris, but that's what I did to the future MVP of the NHL, haha.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt midnight View Post
not really nhl, but one time my nephew was playing a pee-wee game and i hit the referee with a whiskey bottle.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Propane Nightmares
Prehistoric Banter

I don't understand why people do this, it just annoys everyone and makes you look like a tool

Closed Thread