HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Things You've Yelled At Players At Games [+ Reactions]

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Propane Nightmares
TIA bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt midnight View Post
not really nhl, but one time my nephew was playing a pee-wee game and i hit the referee with a whiskey bottle.
"Like that day I hit the referee with a whiskey bottle. Remember that, when daddy hit the referee?"

Old
12-13-2012, 03:30 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I yell things. Sometimes I'm witty and I get people around me doing the little elbow and eyebrow roll you know? But then sometimes I get pretty wasted and the team's really laying a steamy one on the ice and I lose some of the cleverness but not the desire to yell anyway. XD

Thankfully, I've pretty much avoided most obscenities. I've never had the red coats called on me, to put it that way.

Since I'm usually in the 300s, no I don't think any of them actually heard me.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:57 PM
hefsbeaver

"Hey Essensa(sp) you got more holes in you than the net" was a pretty clever one

Old
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
candyman82

I remember ripping into Nolan Yonkman at a game, but I don't remember exactly what I said

Old
12-13-2012, 04:35 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Last Leafs game I was at was them playing the Islanders. Andrew MacDonald was playing with a cage so I decided to chirp him the entire game

Old
12-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
My other idea was to get a life sized cut out of this picture...

And put it up against the boards when Chara is looking.
Someone get this man front row seats.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
If you're not yelling at refs or giving the opposing players a hard time, how is it even home ice advantage?
Do you actually believe this?

You would probably have cheered for the lions against the Christians.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:50 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
So you're the guy no one wants to sit beside. See what I did there, lol.

Anyway, I've yelled, with a bunch of Leaf fans around, "Dion, how's it feel to have the burden of captaining the Leafs." He was right beside me at the ACC. He looked at me like this:

Yelling it at that atmosphere a bigger deal than what I said which is nothing.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:53 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Reading the comments on here it is pretty obvious who the passionate fans are, and who the latte sipping yuppies who spend have the game on their phones and leave 10 minutes before the end of the third period to "beat the rush" back to their boring middle class families before either praising or complaining about the 2 players on the team who's names they can actually remember, are.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:56 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Reading the comments on here it is pretty obvious who the passionate fans are, and who the latte sipping yuppies who spend have the game on their phones and leave 10 minutes before the end of the third period to "beat the rush" back to their boring middle class families before either praising or complaining about the 2 players on the team who's names they can actually remember, are.
Sticks and stones, oh jealous one...

Another fan of the lions.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:00 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I was sitting behind the Red Wings bench at an Oilers vs Red Wings game here in Edmonton in 2009.

Anyways, Steve Staios (infamous for his stone hands and dumb decisions) suddenly went on a rush up the ice, and even managed to pull a move on a Detroit defenseman in the process. Nothing really came of it, but it excited the crowd in what until then had been a boring 3rd period.

I yelled out "Hey Datsyuk, Staios has your hands!" as loud as I could. 2/3 of the Detroit bench turned around and started laughing. I even managed to get Mike Babcock (who I'd been trying to chirp the entire game) to turn around and give me a smirk.

For me, Babcock smirking is equivalent to Vigneault's tear-jerking laugh episode after Fiddler's little charade.
Believed you until you said you got Babcock to smirk mid-game... That is impossible

Old
12-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Fuhryous

Obviously not my creation...but one of the best I've seen. At least Chelios is having a laugh...

Old
12-13-2012, 09:17 PM
davebenj

My friend told me one time when he was real close he called Ian Moran Ian Moron and Moran turned around, smiled at him and said something to the extent of you're not the first one to call me that. It sounded pretty funny.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:23 PM
davebenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I was sitting behind the Red Wings bench at an Oilers vs Red Wings game here in Edmonton in 2009.

Anyways, Steve Staios (infamous for his stone hands and dumb decisions) suddenly went on a rush up the ice, and even managed to pull a move on a Detroit defenseman in the process. Nothing really came of it, but it excited the crowd in what until then had been a boring 3rd period.

I yelled out "Hey Datsyuk, Staios has your hands!" as loud as I could. 2/3 of the Detroit bench turned around and started laughing. I even managed to get Mike Babcock (who I'd been trying to chirp the entire game) to turn around and give me a smirk.

For me, Babcock smirking is equivalent to Vigneault's tear-jerking laugh episode after Fiddler's little charade.
That's hilarious

Old
12-13-2012, 09:31 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

I feel kinda bad, but I was at a Habs' game against the Panthers a couple years ago and David Booth got hammered by Spacek and went down to the ice. The following period I yelled "Hey Scott, How's Booth???? hahahah" right to Scott Clemmenson, who was sitting in the Panthers' tunnel entrance. He gave me a menacing stare. I felt like such a jerk afterwards.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:41 PM
punk_o_holic

I remember Leafs fans taunting Jason Arnott one time and Arnott grabs his chain out and shows them his Stanley Cup ring.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

Oh yeah I have tons of these...see I'm really tall/big (6'2-6'3, 240+ pounds) and have a BOOMING voice. And if there's one thing I like it's getting on opposing/home team stars (as warranted in the latter). Here's a few gems...

Against Martin Brodeur
"HOW'S SISTER EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN LAW MAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY!!!"
I was right behind his end when I did this and at some point he just looked back and GLARED, so awesome.

Against Evgeni Malkin in the playoffs
"WHERE'S YOUR MOMMA MALKIN!"
His mom goes to his games in playoffs (and others?)

Against Kovalev, who had finally annoyed me (Loved Kovy and his slackass attitude).

FLOAT-A-LEV! FLOAT-A-LEV!!

Roy traded to Colorado and visiting got the usual "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH". He's my all-time fave but not on my team so...

Against Tim Thomas:

"TEA PARTY THOOOOOOOOOOOOOMASSS!!!!!!!!!"

Stuff like that, great fun.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Someone at the Ice Dogs game today late in the 3rd yelled "Hey McDavid, isn't it past your bed time?" Not very original but I got a good laugh

Old
12-13-2012, 11:01 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
I've yelled more derogatory comments during Miami University hockey games since it was free to get in and the atmosphere is far more receptive of heckling.

-goalie Jeff Lerg of Michigan State, at 5'6 the smallest player in NCAA hockey, let in a goal. "It's a good thing that wasn't short handed because that would have been ironic."
-Tim Buttery, also of Michigan State. "Buttery, how can you sleep at night when millions of Americans have high cholesterol?"
-for the Michigan game, everyone rented tents and camped outside the arena to get good seats since it was the biggest game of the year. Many Wolverines fans showed up. "Hey Michigan fans, I hear your state's housing market isn't doing too well. It's ok, we have tents you can borrow."
-goaltender Billy Sauer of Michigan. "You have worse rebounds than David Letterman." (this joke was funnier in 2008)
-some guy named Fox, can't remember the team he played for. "Be careful of #12, he's crafty like some type of small animal."
-Wes O'Neill of Notre Dame. "O'Neill, I find your taste in fine wine to be sub-par."
-Jered Kaufmann of Nebraska-Omaha. "Kaufman cried during The Notebook."

good times

Last edited by WarriorOfGandhi: 12-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old
12-13-2012, 11:11 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I don't ever sit close enough to have players hear me per se, but one incident I remember well was when I'd had enough of Brian Rolston by the end of '08-09, during Game 7 of the first round (against Carolina) after he lah-de-dahed on another loose puck I more or less screamed at the top of my lungs 'Come on Rolston, ACT LIKE YOU CARE!'. And literally seconds later, bang - he rips in the go-ahead goal to put us up 3-2. I couldn't do much but laugh at that point.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Hank4Hart

TUUURRRCOOOOOO YOOUUUUU SUUUCCKKKKKK

Old
12-13-2012, 11:39 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
TUUURRRCOOOOOO YOOUUUUU SUUUCCKKKKKK
Memories.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I got a good Rolston one for you. So I'm out at a game at the Coliseum with the Devils against the Islanders two years ago. It was that game that went to a really long shootout. Like 6 or 8 rounds. So Lemaire puts in Tedenby, and Josefson in who had either never taken shootouts yet or only taken them a few times. Kovy might have scored, but the thing was tied at 1 forever. So Rolston finally comes in, and I scream ''PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT FIRE THE SLAPSHOT BRI!'' I really don't think he heard me. So he goes in, and wins it on this nice deke.

Everytime before that when he was in a shootout he would do that stupid move. Slow down, and almost come to a stop, and then fire a slapshot from 30 feet out that would usually go over the net and hit the glass.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
In college I told Jon Quick that I tea bagged his little brother during a stoppage. He pointed at me then the parking lot. I thought I won. He then shut out my colleges team on the next 30+ shots and won the game. Back fire.

I also told a ref I'd give him a beer if he called a sketchy hook or interference on the other team so my colleges team would get a PP right after they did their skate around and the teams were taking the ice before the third. He turned around, laughed and said that he would give me credit for creativity. We didn't get that PP and i drank the beer.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
i hate when ppl yell right in your ****en ear.... so i dont yell unless my team scores. BUT i when me and my girlfriend went to a Oiler vs Sens game in Edmonton(http://oilers.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2011020268) and the guy beside kept yelling and swearing at Zenon Konopka calling him a whippy POS and just raggin on him saying he couldn't score to save his life, after a scrum and konopka was sent to the locker room with like 1 min in the 2nd. after intermission he came back out and konopka scored 3:17 in and my girlfriend stands up and just ripped the guys throat out it was pretty funny....

And later on he started yelling "hey Spezza where's heatley" After about 3 times i sttod up and said not in edmonton... noth the best thing to yell in a arena full of oiler fans

Closed Thread