HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Are we getting jobbed by the officials

Old
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM
ScottsdaleYote

vCash: 500
Are we getting jobbed by the officials

I've been away for the last week or so, and looked at our results game by game. Something stood out to me - in the last 11 games, which we've only won 3, we have had more penalty kills than power plays 9 times, and 2 of the games were equal. I know there is no conspiracy, but from those who have watched the recent games are we getting a fair shake? I was at the Vancouver game and that officiating in the 2nd period was a pile of dung. But other than that I haven't noticed anything yea or nay. Thoughts?

ScottsdaleYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

No, we've been on the PK more because we've been taking more stupid penalties than normal. No conspiracy or anything, team has just been bad most nights.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Normally I would merge this topic but after this situation with the pac 12 refs and thinking about that terribly called Kings game were 2 disallowed goals were called, I am a believer.

Of course the stadium is Jobing.com....

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
XX
... Waiting

If the refs were told to do us favors last year, they've been told the opposite this year. If they end up moving because they don't make the playoffs, count me in as a co-conspirator. But the more troubling answer is that this team has been uncharacteristically undisciplined. And that starts at the top with Doan and Yandle. I've been downright disgusted with their behavior more than once this season. Can't say that for years past. Seems like everyone has cracked a little under the pressure of the ownership situation. Can't say I blame them.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
HanzalSoHotRightNow

vCash: 50
I've noticed when Brad Watson, Dan O' Halloran, and Dan O' Rourke ref Yotes games they got terrible calls

HanzalSoHotRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:45 PM
ScottsdaleYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzalSoHotRightNow View Post
I've noticed when Brad Watson, Dan O' Halloran, and Dan O' Rourke ref Yotes games they got terrible calls
Brad Watson is the one I remembered from last year - 2 separate times in the playoffs it got ridiculous. I imagine if Doan and Yandle are chirping too much at the refs it could be working against the team.

One other thing I've wondered is whether we're taking more penalties because we're a little younger at the back end of the blue line without Aucoin or Roszival. Any thoughts there?

BTW, I looked earlier in the year, and this has not been a year-long trend. In the first 24 games of the year, we had more PPs than PKs 14 times. Our record still wasn't great (11 wins), but it was still better that our recent stretch.

Definitely needs to be an area of focus for the rest of this year and next.

ScottsdaleYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Kyle003p

i think there have been a lot of horrible missed calls both ways, but we seem to be on the losing side of it lately. hopefully it swings the other way in our favor over the stretch run.

Kyle003p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

I don't think the Coyotes offense has been aggressive enough on the forecheck (save for the last 2 games) to actually draw penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
And that starts at the top with Doan and Yandle. I've been downright disgusted with their behavior more than once this season.
And Smith.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote