HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

View Poll Results: Should I try to get into show business?
Yes but have a day job or back up in the meantime 5 55.56%
Yes, go all in 1 11.11%
No 3 33.33%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 06:23 PM
  #126
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
The relocationists are getting out of hand attacking these promotions but certain teams.

Nashville is offering buy 1 ticket get 2 free
Tampa Bay is selling some season tickets for $200

On a related note, I don't see any promotions from the Coyotes right now.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 06:25 PM
  #127
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...192242&lang=en

Explanation of how the ice is put on, and such.

Pretty neat video if you didn't know how it all happened before.

One thing I noted was that it takes 24 hours for the ice to get ready after a concert. Didn't they have to change the ice at Staples after a day Basketball game for a night Hockey Game? Or was that the other way around.
Staples Center was insane for a few days trying to change over for the Kings, Lakers, and Clippers.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
  #128
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
On a related note, I don't see any promotions from the Coyotes right now.
Nealy was just on 1060 and did not say anything was planned just said that they might do something. Also said to expect a lot of Monday Tuesday games which he said would not help sales.

But the Coyotes already have a cheap season plan and have had cheap beer nights against lower selling teams and nights.


Last edited by Naurutger: 01-10-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Naurutger is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:23 PM
  #129
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 500
Maloney was on the radio as well, and he mentioned how Tippett and wife are building a house in the East Valley and love it here. If only this team could have a real owner, this team has the coach and GM in place to make it great for years down the road! Look at what they have done with such a tight leash in the last 3 years.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
01-10-2013, 11:09 PM
  #130
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,858
vCash: 500
How can I explain the correlation between the temperature my hot water heater is set to and the "amount" of "hot water" we have to my lovely wife? I'm at a loss. I've tried every way I can think of. I'm considering the use of props but I don't know how to do that in a way that won't be condescending. I've already given in. I did that immediately. I've learned that much. Cencede first, casually plead your case later once you've already given her way. Is that correct?

Anyway, this is our second winter in our home. The HWH has been set at the government recommended 125 degree fahrenheit preset since we moved in. We run out of hot water pretty much daily. 125 is too low. I turned it up to 140. We will never ever run out of hot water no matter what. However, without mixing in some cold, the hot now gets scalding. Which is basically the whole idea. Mix in some cold, without increasing the pressure. You use fewer gallons of hot, and what you've got in the heater goes longer. Basic male knowledge. Pretty digestible concept. I can visualize the process in my head. However, she's used to a setting that is too low. One that allows you to you exclusively hot water. Which is a great way to drain your HWH incredibly quickly. So, she's grown tired of being scalded and demanded the heater be turned back down to it's inappropriately low setting.

I can't find the right way to effectively explain that the water isnt too hot but that she doesn't have enough cold running. She's a very smart girl. World's and world's brighter than me. It isn't even a competition. Yet, I can't make this work conceptually.

Any suggestions?

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

Last edited by rt: 01-10-2013 at 11:14 PM.
rt is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:54 AM
  #131
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I can't find the right way to effectively explain that the water isnt too hot but that she doesn't have enough cold running. She's a very smart girl. World's and world's brighter than me. It isn't even a competition. Yet, I can't make this work conceptually.

Any suggestions?
If a drink is too strong, you 'water' it down. If water is too hot, you add some cooler water to bring down the overall temperature. Kind of a doozy, figured this was something we all learned as kids. Why is she being scalded? Hopping in before testing the water?

You are a patient man.

XX is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:30 AM
  #132
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Glendale family plays hockey on frozen pool

http://wap.myfoxphoenix.com/w/main/story/82724721/#

Still take this weather over 120°

Naurutger is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:38 AM
  #133
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,858
vCash: 500
My hot tub has been frozen since Sunday morning.

rt is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:00 AM
  #134
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Glendale family plays hockey on frozen pool

http://wap.myfoxphoenix.com/w/main/story/82724721/#

Still take this weather over 120°
Interesting story. However I disagree with your take on the weather as I can't stand living in the winter hell and rather deal with 120F heat.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:40 AM
  #135
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 12,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Interesting story. However I disagree with your take on the weather as I can't stand living in the winter hell and rather deal with 120F heat.
Agreed!

CC96 is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:58 AM
  #136
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4
 
TheMurdocktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Interesting story. However I disagree with your take on the weather as I can't stand living in the winter hell and rather deal with 120F heat.
I agree with this sentiment.

My mom asked me the other day "Do you prefer the heat down here or when its cold down here?" and I, without hesitation, answered "Heat". I think it's because you know it's going to be hot down here a lot of the time and you are used to it. When it gets as cold as it has been the past few days, you're body is not acclimated to that type of climate, therefore you feel colder and are not prepared to handle that situation.

This is as opposed to some place like Flagstaff, where I just spent the past 4 years for school, where it's colder most of the time so you can adjust accordingly. And when it gets hotter up there, it's a different kind of hot and you're unsure how to go about it.

TheMurdocktor is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 07:24 AM
  #137
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Interesting story. However I disagree with your take on the weather as I can't stand living in the winter hell and rather deal with 120F heat.
I think I prefer the heat as well, at least with heat you mostly just deal with temperature only where as in very cold climates you're typically dealing with ice and snow which just adds to the misery!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
  #138
SweYote
Registered User
 
SweYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
I have a weather depression at the moment. I haven't been to Arizona in July, but I'll take Phoenix in late May (110 or whatever it was) over this crap here any day.

SweYote is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
  #139
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I think I prefer the heat as well, at least with heat you mostly just deal with temperature only where as in very cold climates you're typically dealing with ice and snow which just adds to the misery!
Yeah, losing all of my landscaping in one night was not an awesome experience. I figured it'd get just bit frost bitten in the first night and then I'd have time to get out to the 2nd hand store on Saturday and buy 25 bed sheets for fifty bucks. Nope. Saturday morning everything plant is dead. Twelve mature, enormous lantana I planted in the spring. Three big, mature bougainvillea I've had growing over, around, and through my gazebo, since last spring, the five pots worth of petunias on the gazebo, a whole row of rosemary I planted under my kitchen window this time last year, three fledgeling rose bushes in my front walk, and a couple of bougainvilleas that are probably older than me, on either front corner of the house. The only thing that made it are the mexican petunias I have lining the entire back wall, the bloody cactus I don't want, and the citrus trees (minus the citrus, of course). Every single weekend in February is going to consist of me ripping out hundreds of bucks worth of flowering plants and putting in hundreds of bucks worth of new ones. I just did this nine months ago!

Ahhh, learning lessons is so much fun.... (who'd have though one damn night could devastate the whole thing?

rt is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
  #140
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 500
After living in Flagstaff, I much prefer Phoenix. I've lived in both areas for atleast a year now, and I can say I DO NOT miss the cold/snow. Hell, there were times in Flagstaff where the town was pretty much dead because there was too much snow nobody could go anywhere. You were either really stupid or you had a subaru to go out of the house at all to go somewhere. Outback actually closed a couple times because it just wasn't worth the trouble of opening up.

I do like the cold in that you can bundle up and keep yourself warm, and in the summer you can't do much besides hope you have a pool, or find a pool, or pump the a/c and sit inside if it's extremely hot outside, but it beats going outside in the cold for sure.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
  #141
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 500
I have to ask this. I currently live in a house where I don't have Fox Sports Arizona or NBC Sports Network. I don't mind streaming games on my computer, but it's a crappy feed most times, and it pops up with advertisements during the game itself.

I was wondering, have any of you purchased the NHL season through Dish or Direct TV, or through the online, and what is your experience with it? I assume that Coyotes home games would be blacked out, but their away games wouldn't? I thought that XBOX had a deal where you could access the NHL through XBOX Live if you had an account, but I don't see the NHL listed in the Apps. I see MLB.TV and NBA, but no NHL.

Any thoughts on what I might do this year? I am hoping to get a big boy job(still waiting on US Airways), and get my own place down the road. (Any of you know any openings for Accounting let me know!). But for now, I'm stuck having to go to a sports bar to go watch the games, and it's just cheaper to watch at home.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:53 AM
  #142
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yeah, losing all of my landscaping in one night was not an awesome experience. I figured it'd get just bit frost bitten in the first night and then I'd have time to get out to the 2nd hand store on Saturday and buy 25 bed sheets for fifty bucks. Nope. Saturday morning everything plant is dead. Twelve mature, enormous lantana I planted in the spring. Three big, mature bougainvillea I've had growing over, around, and through my gazebo, since last spring, the five pots worth of petunias on the gazebo, a whole row of rosemary I planted under my kitchen window this time last year, three fledgeling rose bushes in my front walk, and a couple of bougainvilleas that are probably older than me, on either front corner of the house. The only thing that made it are the mexican petunias I have lining the entire back wall, the bloody cactus I don't want, and the citrus trees (minus the citrus, of course). Every single weekend in February is going to consist of me ripping out hundreds of bucks worth of flowering plants and putting in hundreds of bucks worth of new ones. I just did this nine months ago!

Ahhh, learning lessons is so much fun.... (who'd have though one damn night could devastate the whole thing?
Don't count out the lantana, in my experience it's damn near impossible to kill that stuff. Yeah it'll look dead but water it and give it a month or two, you will be surprised!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:00 AM
  #143
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I have to ask this. I currently live in a house where I don't have Fox Sports Arizona or NBC Sports Network. I don't mind streaming games on my computer, but it's a crappy feed most times, and it pops up with advertisements during the game itself.

I was wondering, have any of you purchased the NHL season through Dish or Direct TV, or through the online, and what is your experience with it? I assume that Coyotes home games would be blacked out, but their away games wouldn't? I thought that XBOX had a deal where you could access the NHL through XBOX Live if you had an account, but I don't see the NHL listed in the Apps. I see MLB.TV and NBA, but no NHL.

Any thoughts on what I might do this year? I am hoping to get a big boy job(still waiting on US Airways), and get my own place down the road. (Any of you know any openings for Accounting let me know!). But for now, I'm stuck having to go to a sports bar to go watch the games, and it's just cheaper to watch at home.
I've done the Center Ice thing on DirecTV for years and I really like it but it's usually* only worth it if you just like watching hockey period. It's essentially useless for for watching the Coyotes with the exception of 3-4 games a year. The reason is because blackouts are not based on home or away games, they are based on whether or not the game being televised locally. So essentially the only way a Coyotes game appears on Center Ice is if it's not on any local AZ channel like FoxAZ, 3TV, etc.

*I put an asterik next to usually because this shortened season could totally change things. Right now we have no idea how many games FoxAZ are going to broadcast, if they end up not showing a lot of games, chances are those games will be on Center Ice. So what I'm basically saying is that this particular season Center Ice may provide a greater benefit to local Coyotes fans than usual.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 10:03 AM
  #144
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Don't count out the lantana, in my experience it's damn near impossible to kill that stuff. Yeah it'll look dead but water it and give it a month or two, you will be surprised!
Agreed, don't tear anything out just yet. Trim the stuff, wait until spring and see if any new leaves come out. It might look dead, but you could get lucky. That's what happened to my lantana, rose bushes and lemon tree. I only really lost one plant to frost.


Last edited by zz: 01-16-2013 at 11:08 AM.
zz is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:06 AM
  #145
krepitch
Coyote Fan
 
krepitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Don't count out the lantana, in my experience it's damn near impossible to kill that stuff. Yeah it'll look dead but water it and give it a month or two, you will be surprised!
I remember some immortal, basketball-eating bougainvilleas from my youth, as well.

krepitch is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
  #146
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Why can’t NBA teams fill arenas, even after giving away free tickets?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...4981--nba.html

Obviously the NHL suffers from the same problem.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:38 AM
  #147
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Why can’t NBA teams fill arenas, even after giving away free tickets?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...4981--nba.html

Obviously the NHL suffers from the same problem.
It's because there's no parity in the NBA. You could accurately bet on who would make the finals in each conference with little deviation. There are no upsets anymore. It's a league driven by a handful of players and teams, while everyone just hangs on. The way the game is setup and the draft gives little hope to teams looking to climb out of perennial suckitude. It's absolutely the worst model of the four major sports, and why the NBA is hemorrhaging cash. Next in line with this problem is MLB. You've got teams allowed to spend the payroll equivalent of 4-5 teams, and expect others to compete. It's nowhere near as bad as the NBA, but it's still not ideal.

The NFL and NHL have figured out that parity is the best thing that can happen to a league. All fanbases become more engaged. That means more money spent and more attention on TV.

I don't want to watch a last place team in the NBA because rarely will any of those players ever amount to anything. The difference between a bad NBA team and a bad NHL team is staggering. I don't want to pay to go see the Suns. Probably couldn't convince me with free tickets. The team sucks.

XX is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
  #148
pacerhimself
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I have to ask this. I currently live in a house where I don't have Fox Sports Arizona or NBC Sports Network. I don't mind streaming games on my computer, but it's a crappy feed most times, and it pops up with advertisements during the game itself.

I was wondering, have any of you purchased the NHL season through Dish or Direct TV, or through the online, and what is your experience with it? I assume that Coyotes home games would be blacked out, but their away games wouldn't? I thought that XBOX had a deal where you could access the NHL through XBOX Live if you had an account, but I don't see the NHL listed in the Apps. I see MLB.TV and NBA, but no NHL.

Any thoughts on what I might do this year? I am hoping to get a big boy job(still waiting on US Airways), and get my own place down the road. (Any of you know any openings for Accounting let me know!). But for now, I'm stuck having to go to a sports bar to go watch the games, and it's just cheaper to watch at home.
I had GameCenter Live last year and it was really quite good. There was a slight delay compared to my friends in Winnipeg who were watching it on Cable/Satellite, but the quality was typically pretty good coming through PS3 streaming. I imagine the quality on Xbox will be similar.

I have small qualms with it such as not being able to start the stream on PS3 before the game starts (waiting for the game to actually start) - hopefully they will update the software to make the stream available ahead of time.

The only issue I had that is the same for Center Ice is the blackout rules. I missed a couple Coyotes games when they were live while I was out of town and due to black out restrictions, had to wait 2 days to watch the game. Unfortunately there were a decent amount of games with blackout restrictions for the Coyotes due to their FSAZ contract last year.

pacerhimself is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
  #149
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,004
vCash: 500
Didn't know JR had a book out. This is apparently the first paragraph

http://i.imgur.com/h0VCQ.jpg

XX is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:45 PM
  #150
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It's because there's no parity in the NBA. You could accurately bet on who would make the finals in each conference with little deviation. There are no upsets anymore. It's a league driven by a handful of players and teams, while everyone just hangs on. The way the game is setup and the draft gives little hope to teams looking to climb out of perennial suckitude. It's absolutely the worst model of the four major sports, and why the NBA is hemorrhaging cash. Next in line with this problem is MLB. You've got teams allowed to spend the payroll equivalent of 4-5 teams, and expect others to compete. It's nowhere near as bad as the NBA, but it's still not ideal.

The NFL and NHL have figured out that parity is the best thing that can happen to a league. All fanbases become more engaged. That means more money spent and more attention on TV.

I don't want to watch a last place team in the NBA because rarely will any of those players ever amount to anything. The difference between a bad NBA team and a bad NHL team is staggering. I don't want to pay to go see the Suns. Probably couldn't convince me with free tickets. The team sucks.
This. I'm a suns fan, don't get me wrong, but really, why should I pay to watch the crap that Sarver has put on the court?! He has destroyed this once great franchise. Suns were relevant and always a talk of playoffs for quite some time, but now we are talk of a lottery pick. F U SARVER!!!!!

awfulwaffle is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.