HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 07:13 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
I really wanted Canucks to draft him, a 6'3 RH Center but like Gillis, I don't trust WHL much.
I've seen a number of Oil Kings games dating back to last season, and Samuelsson rarely plays center.

May take the odd draw, but he's definitely a winger.

I'm glad they took Gaunce over him.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Gaunce has his 14th of the year, assist to new pickup Tyler Graovac.
He also added an assist, looks like the Ganunce, Brassard, and Graovac line is clicking well. Is Ganunce still centre with the new addition or is he playing wing?

Old
01-05-2013, 07:28 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 50
Gaunce with a goal again...intended pass to that new guy in front but it got through

Old
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
duplo
prince kasspian

Quote:
He also added an assist, looks like the Ganunce, Brassard, and Graovac line is clicking well. Is Ganunce still centre with the new addition or is he playing wing?
Sounds like he's playing on the wing.

Quote:
Belleville Bulls ‏@OHLBulls
Brassard with a pretty feed to a waiting Gaunce in the slot and the Bulls are up 5-2! Dominant top line of Gaunce-Graovac-Brassard!

Old
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
Gaunce with a goal again...intended pass to that new guy in front but it got through
Is he playing Center or wing?

EDIT: Well thats crap...our supposed top center prospect is now a winger and doing well on it.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Is he playing Center or wing?

EDIT: Well thats crap...our supposed top center prospect is now a winger and doing well on it.
I remember a guy named Linden who was pretty good at both wing and center. Never a bad thing.

Nice to see Gaunce's hot streak continue - 2 goals and 1 assist with a period left to play.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Southern_Canuck

Evansville 2 Kalamazoo 5 (in the 2nd)

Mallet continues the hot hand with a goal (4th), and 2 assists tonight playing on a line with Eric Kattelus and Aaron Clarke.

4 goals and 2 assists in his last 6 ECHL games (after 1 assist in his first 7 games).

S_C

Last edited by Southern_Canuck: 01-05-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Gaunce with another assist early in the 3rd; 4 point night so far.

EDIT: Graovac with a hell of a debut for Belleville, as well. Nice for Gaunce to finally have a talented linemate.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:16 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I remember a guy named Linden who was pretty good at both wing and center. Never a bad thing.

Nice to see Gaunce's hot streak continue - 2 goals and 1 assist with a period left to play.
Definitely. It's never a bad thing. We've always known Gaunce can play LW and this type of versatility is his calling card for the future. This ability shouldnt be under-estimated. If Schroeder was able to adapt his game to the wing, he would have been in the NHL already.

Good on Gaunce. If he continues to play at this level, the Bulls will have a hell of a playoff.

------------

Hutton with an assist tonight. I was listening again earlier tonight (only the 1st period then i had to take a nap). He again had a few keep ins at the blue line. Seems like its hard to get the puck past him in the offensive zone. He was credited with 4 shots (edit: now 7) but in that 1st, he took at least that many shots but a couple were blocked or went wide. This is not a guy afraid to shoot.

I asked Andy Johnson or chuck Schwartz as you may have known him on twitter about LaBate recent success (he has a 4 point streak in which he has 3 goals and I assist). He said that in the past 6 games LaBate has looked like a completely different player than he was in the first half of the season. He said he looks elite. Said he was working very hard, generating chances and capitalizing on his chances.

Price in a 9-0 thumping against Sacred Heart. Picks up an assist and is +5 on the night.

Things are looking up for a lot of our prospects in the new year.

Last edited by thefeebster: 01-05-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 08:20 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Definitely. It's never a bad thing. We've always known Gaunce can play LW and this type of versatility is his calling card for the future. This ability shouldnt be under-estimated. If Schroeder was able to adapt his game to the wing, he would have been in the NHL already.

Good on Gaunce. If he continues to play at this level, the Bulls will have a hell of a playoff.

------------

Hutton with an assist tonight. I was listening again earlier tonight (only the 1st period then i had to take a nap). He again had a few keep ins at the blue line. Seems like its hard to get the puck past him in the offensive zone. He was credited with 4 shots but in that 1st, he took at least that many shots but a couple were blocked or went wide. This is not a guy afraid to shoot.

I asked Andy Johnson or chuck Schwartz as you may have known him on twitter about LaBate recent success (he has a 4 point streak in which he has 3 goals and I assist). He said that in the past 6 games LaBate has looked like a completely different player than he was in the first half of the season. He said he looks elite. Said he was working very hard, generating chances and capitalizing on his chances.

Definitely good to hear, about Labate. Because the games I saw earlier, he was a passenger BIG TIME. I always liked the skill set, but seemed weak. Any word who he is playing with?
---------------------------------
Reading the OHL trade rumours thread, it seems Belleville isn't done.

On top of the Graovac acquisition and the open import spot, supposedly Josh Leivo is a target as well. Maybe they'll try and get Leivo and corrado.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:22 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Reading the OHL trade rumours thread, it seems Belleville isn't done.

On top of the Graovac acquisition and the open import spot, supposedly Josh Leivo is a target as well. Maybe they'll try and get Leivo and corrado.
wouldnt that be nice; 2 canuck prospects on a same team...

Old
01-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Jeremy Price had 1A and was a +5 in a whopping 9-0 victory tonight. Wow.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
wouldnt that be nice; 2 canuck prospects on a same team...
Who can forget the immortal combination of Marc-Andre Bernier and Francois-Pierre Guenette!

Old
01-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post

------------

Hutton with an assist tonight. I was listening again earlier tonight (only the 1st period then i had to take a nap). He again had a few keep ins at the blue line. Seems like its hard to get the puck past him in the offensive zone. He was credited with 4 shots (edit: now 7) but in that 1st, he took at least that many shots but a couple were blocked or went wide. This is not a guy afraid to shoot.

Price in a 9-0 thumping against Sacred Heart. Picks up an assist and is +5 on the night.

Seems like the big question mark behind every powerforward will be consistency.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Definitely good to hear, about Labate. Because the games I saw earlier, he was a passenger BIG TIME. I always liked the skill set, but seemed weak. Any word who he is playing with?
He is still playing LW on the top line of Derek Lee-Michael Mersch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Seems like the big question mark behind every powerforward will be consistency.
Things never seem to change! I'd add physical play too.

But whenever I watch LaBate, i've never really wanted to attach the powerforward label to him. I think he is more of a Wheeler type rather than Backes (Whom is always thrown out there as a comparison for LaBate).

Old
01-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Illmatic Stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Canuck View Post
Evansville 2 Kalamazoo 5 (in the 2nd)

Mallet continues the hot hand with a goal (4th), and 2 assists tonight playing on a line with Eric Kattelus and Aaron Clarke.

4 goals and 2 assists in his last 6 ECHL games (after 1 assist in his first 7 games).

S_C
If both Friesen and Longpre were injured last weekend, why hasn't he been called up?

Old
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Illmatic Stoic

4 points for Gaunce today then? Damn

Old
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Fire Benning

Gaunce proving why he should be a top contender for a top 9 spot next WJC if he's not in the NHL. Very encouraging to see him dominating.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:56 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
If both Friesen and Longpre were injured last weekend, why hasn't he been called up?
Friesen wasn't hurt as bad as indicated, he played in the last game and is in the line-up tonight.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Illmatic Stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Friesen wasn't hurt as bad as indicated, he played in the last game and is in the line-up tonight.
Oh, I read he broke his hand. I know its a good thing, but I would rather see Mallet up in the A as opposed to Friesen. I don't have much hope for Friesen from the games I've seen.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Illmatic Stoic

@TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect Alexandre Mallet with a big game tonight, scores one goal and adds three assists in the @KalamazooWings 7-3 win.

4 points for Mallet, not 3. Awesome.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
@TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect Alexandre Mallet with a big game tonight, scores one goal and adds three assists in the @KalamazooWings 7-3 win.

4 points for Mallet, not 3. Awesome.
I agree, I'd like to have Mallet up with the team but if he's getting confidence down there it's a good thing. If the lockout ends soon the confidence boost could be great for his transition back to the AHL.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:42 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Who can forget the immortal combination of Marc-Andre Bernier and Francois-Pierre Guenette!
The feared 1-2 scoring punch of Briancon of the French league in 09-10!

Old
01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Gaunce proving why he should be a top contender for a top 9 spot next WJC if he's not in the NHL. Very encouraging to see him dominating.
Absolutely, if he continues this way I think he will make it.

Also do you guys think the ECHL is better competition than the CHL?

Old
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Absolutely, if he continues this way I think he will make it.

Also do you guys think the ECHL is better competition than the CHL?
Given there are a lots of ex CHL stars in the league and the age is 20-40 instead of 16-19 there is no question it is.

Closed Thread