HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2013, 07:13 PM
  #751
arsmaster
semantic romantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
I really wanted Canucks to draft him, a 6'3 RH Center but like Gillis, I don't trust WHL much.
I've seen a number of Oil Kings games dating back to last season, and Samuelsson rarely plays center.

May take the odd draw, but he's definitely a winger.

I'm glad they took Gaunce over him.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
  #752
ZenMaster*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Gaunce has his 14th of the year, assist to new pickup Tyler Graovac.
He also added an assist, looks like the Ganunce, Brassard, and Graovac line is clicking well. Is Ganunce still centre with the new addition or is he playing wing?

ZenMaster* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:28 PM
  #753
ihaveyuidonttouchme
Registered User
 
ihaveyuidonttouchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 50
Gaunce with a goal again...intended pass to that new guy in front but it got through

ihaveyuidonttouchme is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
  #754
duplo
prince kasspian
 
duplo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
He also added an assist, looks like the Ganunce, Brassard, and Graovac line is clicking well. Is Ganunce still centre with the new addition or is he playing wing?
Sounds like he's playing on the wing.

Quote:
Belleville Bulls ‏@OHLBulls
Brassard with a pretty feed to a waiting Gaunce in the slot and the Bulls are up 5-2! Dominant top line of Gaunce-Graovac-Brassard!

duplo is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
  #755
ZenMaster*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
Gaunce with a goal again...intended pass to that new guy in front but it got through
Is he playing Center or wing?

EDIT: Well thats crap...our supposed top center prospect is now a winger and doing well on it.

ZenMaster* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
  #756
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,528
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Is he playing Center or wing?

EDIT: Well thats crap...our supposed top center prospect is now a winger and doing well on it.
I remember a guy named Linden who was pretty good at both wing and center. Never a bad thing.

Nice to see Gaunce's hot streak continue - 2 goals and 1 assist with a period left to play.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
  #757
Southern_Canuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Evansville 2 Kalamazoo 5 (in the 2nd)

Mallet continues the hot hand with a goal (4th), and 2 assists tonight playing on a line with Eric Kattelus and Aaron Clarke.

4 goals and 2 assists in his last 6 ECHL games (after 1 assist in his first 7 games).

S_C


Last edited by Southern_Canuck: 01-05-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Southern_Canuck is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
  #758
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,528
vCash: 50
Gaunce with another assist early in the 3rd; 4 point night so far.

EDIT: Graovac with a hell of a debut for Belleville, as well. Nice for Gaunce to finally have a talented linemate.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:16 PM
  #759
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I remember a guy named Linden who was pretty good at both wing and center. Never a bad thing.

Nice to see Gaunce's hot streak continue - 2 goals and 1 assist with a period left to play.
Definitely. It's never a bad thing. We've always known Gaunce can play LW and this type of versatility is his calling card for the future. This ability shouldnt be under-estimated. If Schroeder was able to adapt his game to the wing, he would have been in the NHL already.

Good on Gaunce. If he continues to play at this level, the Bulls will have a hell of a playoff.

------------

Hutton with an assist tonight. I was listening again earlier tonight (only the 1st period then i had to take a nap). He again had a few keep ins at the blue line. Seems like its hard to get the puck past him in the offensive zone. He was credited with 4 shots (edit: now 7) but in that 1st, he took at least that many shots but a couple were blocked or went wide. This is not a guy afraid to shoot.

I asked Andy Johnson or chuck Schwartz as you may have known him on twitter about LaBate recent success (he has a 4 point streak in which he has 3 goals and I assist). He said that in the past 6 games LaBate has looked like a completely different player than he was in the first half of the season. He said he looks elite. Said he was working very hard, generating chances and capitalizing on his chances.

Price in a 9-0 thumping against Sacred Heart. Picks up an assist and is +5 on the night.

Things are looking up for a lot of our prospects in the new year.


Last edited by thefeebster: 01-05-2013 at 08:23 PM.
thefeebster is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:20 PM
  #760
arsmaster
semantic romantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Definitely. It's never a bad thing. We've always known Gaunce can play LW and this type of versatility is his calling card for the future. This ability shouldnt be under-estimated. If Schroeder was able to adapt his game to the wing, he would have been in the NHL already.

Good on Gaunce. If he continues to play at this level, the Bulls will have a hell of a playoff.

------------

Hutton with an assist tonight. I was listening again earlier tonight (only the 1st period then i had to take a nap). He again had a few keep ins at the blue line. Seems like its hard to get the puck past him in the offensive zone. He was credited with 4 shots but in that 1st, he took at least that many shots but a couple were blocked or went wide. This is not a guy afraid to shoot.

I asked Andy Johnson or chuck Schwartz as you may have known him on twitter about LaBate recent success (he has a 4 point streak in which he has 3 goals and I assist). He said that in the past 6 games LaBate has looked like a completely different player than he was in the first half of the season. He said he looks elite. Said he was working very hard, generating chances and capitalizing on his chances.

Things are looking up for a lot of our prospects in the new year.
Definitely good to hear, about Labate. Because the games I saw earlier, he was a passenger BIG TIME. I always liked the skill set, but seemed weak. Any word who he is playing with?
---------------------------------
Reading the OHL trade rumours thread, it seems Belleville isn't done.

On top of the Graovac acquisition and the open import spot, supposedly Josh Leivo is a target as well. Maybe they'll try and get Leivo and corrado.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:22 PM
  #761
ihaveyuidonttouchme
Registered User
 
ihaveyuidonttouchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Reading the OHL trade rumours thread, it seems Belleville isn't done.

On top of the Graovac acquisition and the open import spot, supposedly Josh Leivo is a target as well. Maybe they'll try and get Leivo and corrado.
wouldnt that be nice; 2 canuck prospects on a same team...

ihaveyuidonttouchme is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:23 PM
  #762
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,528
vCash: 50
Jeremy Price had 1A and was a +5 in a whopping 9-0 victory tonight. Wow.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
  #763
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,528
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
wouldnt that be nice; 2 canuck prospects on a same team...
Who can forget the immortal combination of Marc-Andre Bernier and Francois-Pierre Guenette!

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:29 PM
  #764
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 10,658
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Definitely. It's never a bad thing. We've always known Gaunce can play LW and this type of versatility is his calling card for the future. This ability shouldnt be under-estimated. If Schroeder was able to adapt his game to the wing, he would have been in the NHL already.

Good on Gaunce. If he continues to play at this level, the Bulls will have a hell of a playoff.

------------

Hutton with an assist tonight. I was listening again earlier tonight (only the 1st period then i had to take a nap). He again had a few keep ins at the blue line. Seems like its hard to get the puck past him in the offensive zone. He was credited with 4 shots (edit: now 7) but in that 1st, he took at least that many shots but a couple were blocked or went wide. This is not a guy afraid to shoot.

I asked Andy Johnson or chuck Schwartz as you may have known him on twitter about LaBate recent success (he has a 4 point streak in which he has 3 goals and I assist). He said that in the past 6 games LaBate has looked like a completely different player than he was in the first half of the season. He said he looks elite. Said he was working very hard, generating chances and capitalizing on his chances.

Price in a 9-0 thumping against Sacred Heart. Picks up an assist and is +5 on the night.

Things are looking up for a lot of our prospects in the new year.
Seems like the big question mark behind every powerforward will be consistency.

Wilch is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
  #765
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Definitely good to hear, about Labate. Because the games I saw earlier, he was a passenger BIG TIME. I always liked the skill set, but seemed weak. Any word who he is playing with?
He is still playing LW on the top line of Derek Lee-Michael Mersch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Seems like the big question mark behind every powerforward will be consistency.
Things never seem to change! I'd add physical play too.

But whenever I watch LaBate, i've never really wanted to attach the powerforward label to him. I think he is more of a Wheeler type rather than Backes (Whom is always thrown out there as a comparison for LaBate).

thefeebster is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:52 PM
  #766
Illmatic Stoic
Registered User
 
Illmatic Stoic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Canuck View Post
Evansville 2 Kalamazoo 5 (in the 2nd)

Mallet continues the hot hand with a goal (4th), and 2 assists tonight playing on a line with Eric Kattelus and Aaron Clarke.

4 goals and 2 assists in his last 6 ECHL games (after 1 assist in his first 7 games).

S_C
If both Friesen and Longpre were injured last weekend, why hasn't he been called up?

Illmatic Stoic is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  #767
Illmatic Stoic
Registered User
 
Illmatic Stoic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
4 points for Gaunce today then? Damn

Illmatic Stoic is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  #768
ThereGoesVirtanen
Fire Benning
 
ThereGoesVirtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 500
Gaunce proving why he should be a top contender for a top 9 spot next WJC if he's not in the NHL. Very encouraging to see him dominating.

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:56 PM
  #769
BerSTUzzi
Registered User
 
BerSTUzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
If both Friesen and Longpre were injured last weekend, why hasn't he been called up?
Friesen wasn't hurt as bad as indicated, he played in the last game and is in the line-up tonight.

BerSTUzzi is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
  #770
Illmatic Stoic
Registered User
 
Illmatic Stoic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Friesen wasn't hurt as bad as indicated, he played in the last game and is in the line-up tonight.
Oh, I read he broke his hand. I know its a good thing, but I would rather see Mallet up in the A as opposed to Friesen. I don't have much hope for Friesen from the games I've seen.

Illmatic Stoic is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
  #771
Illmatic Stoic
Registered User
 
Illmatic Stoic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
@TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect Alexandre Mallet with a big game tonight, scores one goal and adds three assists in the @KalamazooWings 7-3 win.

4 points for Mallet, not 3. Awesome.

Illmatic Stoic is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM
  #772
BerSTUzzi
Registered User
 
BerSTUzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
@TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect Alexandre Mallet with a big game tonight, scores one goal and adds three assists in the @KalamazooWings 7-3 win.

4 points for Mallet, not 3. Awesome.
I agree, I'd like to have Mallet up with the team but if he's getting confidence down there it's a good thing. If the lockout ends soon the confidence boost could be great for his transition back to the AHL.

BerSTUzzi is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:42 PM
  #773
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Who can forget the immortal combination of Marc-Andre Bernier and Francois-Pierre Guenette!
The feared 1-2 scoring punch of Briancon of the French league in 09-10!

RobertKron is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  #774
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Gaunce proving why he should be a top contender for a top 9 spot next WJC if he's not in the NHL. Very encouraging to see him dominating.
Absolutely, if he continues this way I think he will make it.


Also do you guys think the ECHL is better competition than the CHL?

Sergei Shirokov is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
  #775
BerSTUzzi
Registered User
 
BerSTUzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Absolutely, if he continues this way I think he will make it.


Also do you guys think the ECHL is better competition than the CHL?
Given there are a lots of ex CHL stars in the league and the age is 20-40 instead of 16-19 there is no question it is.

BerSTUzzi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.