HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Prospect Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Interesting, well hes cooled down out there from the last time i checked. Wonder if they do try to pry him out of their early. Who knows. They definitely aren't making the playoffs, thats for sure.

Wouldn't mind if theres an injury in march Raymond? haha jk hope raymond has a good year, i do like him, just dont think hes a good enough 2nd liner on a cup contender. love to see that guy on the third though

Old
01-06-2013, 05:43 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Yeah, that'll be an interesting scenario. It'll be good to be able to at worst send him to the AHL after March 5th though.
Let's hope he can avoid another concussion (courtesy of Petrovic IIRC) like he did last year when he comes over to the AHL.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Southern_Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Thanks for keeping us posted. He also ended up with another assist, so now it's 7 points in his last 6. Do you know if that's the 1st or 2nd line he was moved up to btw? At least it looks like Bootland recognizes that he's got some potential and isn't shy about giving him a bigger opportunity. As I've said before I was hoping he'd get more ice time by earning it and so far it looks like he's doing that.
I think the top line is usually Kory Karlander at center with Eric Kattelus and Aaron Clarke. It's good to see Mallet can produce while on the "top line".

S_C

Old
01-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Pseudonymous

I guess Mallet will be in the AHL from the rest of the season on? With the lockout ending

Old
01-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
this is all just awesome news! I just wan to hear corrado gets traded to a contender, maybe Honzik too

Old
01-06-2013, 09:02 AM
jigsaw99
#fireAV

we are so not ready for the season lol.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
I guess Mallet will be in the AHL from the rest of the season on? With the lockout ending
At least one center will be up with the Canucks, IMO; I think both Schroeder and Kassian will get called up (Schroeder to fill in for Kesler, Kassian likely to roam all over the lineup as his play dictates) and I could see a guy like Pinizzotto get a shot at a fourth line spot.

Point being, all these moves will create some roster room in Chicago.

In other news, Joseph LaBate extended his point streak to 5 games last night with an assist in a 1-0 win for Wisconsin.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
we are so not ready for the season lol.
I think there's a decent chance we don't make the playoffs. I think there's a lot of rust and injuries ahead. Not to say that won't be the case for every other team in the NHL, but I think it'll be amplified with us.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Chicago_Wolves:
Quote:
OFFICIAL RELEASE: Wolves Sign Alexandre Grenier - The Chicago Wolves have signed right wing Alexandre Grenier.

GR... http://t.co/QUfiyGtQ
Does that mean he's on a minor league contract, and the Canucks haven't signed him yet?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Chicago_Wolves:

Does that mean he's on a minor league contract, and the Canucks haven't signed him yet?

That's my understanding. If that is in fact the case, what better way to see what you have before you have to sign him?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Chicago_Wolves:

I don't think the Canucks can sign him since the CBA hasn't been signed yet, so it has to be a Wolves signing. Which is great news, we don't waste a contract spot on him, and we get a chance to see him play professionally on NA ice.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Chicago_Wolves:

It's a Wolves' release, so I think it is an AHl contract. Good way to keep him close without burning a contract spot on him just yet.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Oooh nice, Frankie's already got himself a goal today. Sending the big club a message.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

@TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect Frank Corrado scored one goal in @Sudbury_Wolves 5-4 win this afternoon. Now has 27 points (6-21-27) in 41 games.

27 points in 41 games Took him 60 games to get 26 pts last year.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
It's a Wolves' release, so I think it is an AHl contract. Good way to keep him close without burning a contract spot on him just yet.
I think over the years MG has found ways to keep marginal prospects close while not actually having them take up a contract spot... smart guy.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:21 PM
jigsaw99
#fireAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I think over the years MG has found ways to keep marginal prospects close while not actually having them take up a contract spot... smart guy.
works if you draft older players i guess.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:54 PM
shortshorts
broken athlete

Mallet with another goal. Dominating the ECHL all of a sudden.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:01 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
He absolutely needed to dominate otherwise I'd be getting very very worried. Get him back in the AHL.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Bitz and Bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Good to hear that he's figuring out the pro game relatively quickly and making an impact.Even if it is the ECHL,it's still a big step up from juniors where he still would have been eligible to play this year.Hopefully he'll be back with the Wolves with the lockout ended and can step up there.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Lundface

Quote:
He absolutely needed to dominate otherwise I'd be getting very very worried. Get him back in the AHL.
The only worry could have been him losing confidence in his abilities IMO. He was playing well to start the season in the AHL (for the games I watched) and actually narrowly missed on a bunch of occasions. He skates well, is physical and was usually positioned very well at both ends. He was a little overly cautious ( stayed really high up when in the offensive zone) but that could have been what he was told to do. I would like to see him get a chance in an offensive role with the Wolves (highly doubt that ever happens but one can hope)

Old
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Canuck View Post
I think the top line is usually Kory Karlander at center with Eric Kattelus and Aaron Clarke. It's good to see Mallet can produce while on the "top line".

S_C
I'm assuming Mallet is playing center then, as opposed to LW like it says on his ECHL profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
The only worry could have been him losing confidence in his abilities IMO. He was playing well to start the season in the AHL (for the games I watched) and actually narrowly missed on a bunch of occasions. He skates well, is physical and was usually positioned very well at both ends. He was a little overly cautious ( stayed really high up when in the offensive zone) but that could have been what he was told to do. I would like to see him get a chance in an offensive role with the Wolves (highly doubt that ever happens but one can hope)
Agree with this - what I thought when I watched him as well. Hopefully he gets called back up to the Wolves and at least secures a Top 9 spot.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

I have high hopes for Mallet. Best case scenario... 2nd line power forward. Ok scenario... good 4th line energy player.

Anyone here want to enlighten us on LQ factors for ECHL vs. CHL?

Old
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
He's doing great there atm, I wouldn't mind if he stayed there for a little bit longer. Keep working on his confidence.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
thefeebster

Cross Owen Sound off the trade market for Corrado. Just made a huge trade for Ceci and former prospect camp invite Steven Janes.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Dreamskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Cross Owen Sound off the trade market for Corrado. Just made a huge trade for Ceci and former prospect camp invite Steven Janes.
Gene Pereira ‏@GenePereira1
Sources say Attack had deal in place to acquire Frankie Corrado for Jacob Middleton, but Middleton refused to report to Sudbury.

Closed Thread