HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Prospect Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 10:29 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Well I think the Leivo addition should be a big help for their offence, shouldn't it? Also when is Puempel back I wonder?

(maybe we need an official Kitchener Ranger Memorial Cup run thread? )
They need a center IMO. It's pretty thin after Faksa (Trocheck is basically the top target for most of the league....Monahan's asking price would be INSANE).

It looks like an 'All In' move for Spott, so he might as well go for broke.

Kitchener plays Guelph tonight - looks like Frankie will be wearing #10. Might have to fork out some money for this game, as I want to watch Dickinson on Guelph anyways.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:35 AM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
First Spott cuts Corrado from the WJ team after Corrado significantly outplays all his competition... including Ryan Murphy... thus destroying Corrado's 1 chance at making the WJ team...

Then, Spott trades for Corrado... because somehow all of a sudden Corrado is the one guy Spott needs... thus destroying Corrado's 1 chance at an OHL championship...

Oh, and he won't get any minutes either, because Ryan Murphy is, once again, on the team.

Spott has made it his life mission to sabotage Frankie Corrado.
I don't like Spott either, but this is a bit extreme. Bolded: Actually in the OHL, at least, Spott is known to overplay his big guns a lot. Murphy was playing regularly over 30 minutes a night and if Corrado is paired with him as we think he will, he should see similar time.

------------------
My breakdown:

Are the Rangers a playoff team? Yes, of course, especially with these moves. Are the Rangers a championship contending team? Very unlikely, unless Gibson plays like he did throughout the WJC and I think that's what Spott is hoping for. They've lacked chemistry all year, and have significant trouble scoring.

Will Leivo and Corrado help with that offense? Yes, Leivo is a bigger piece for the Rangers than Corrado is but its not enough. You need scoring support beyond your top guns or at least a system to compensate for it like Belleville does. Kitchener does not have either. You take a look at last year's OHL champions, London, they had Griffith, McKegg, Namestnikov, Watson, Knight, Domi, the Ruperts, Athanasiou, Tierney. That's a loaded team that can score throughout.

I think the Rangers desperately need a playmaking center and perhaps, a scoring winger. Hopefully for the latter, Bailey can emerge and Puempel can come back. It would certainly change the complexion of things.

As it stands right now, if i'm putting some money down on one of our prospects team's success, I'm putting it down for Belleville. They've been playing great hockey and look to finally have a balance between offense and a staunch defense, in addition to superb goaltending. And they still have assets to make a move before the now confirmed trade deadline of Jan 10.

--------------------

EDIT: We were wrong I've used this emoticon too much over the past few days. I'm just going to stop making predictions because i'm always wrong.

Quote:
Josh Brown ‏@BrownRecord
Frank Corrado will line up next to Ben Fanelli. Ryan Murphy and Evan McEneny form the other top d-unit in Kitchener. #OHL
At least McEneny gets promoted!

Last edited by thefeebster: 01-08-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 50
i'll be watching tonight's game (and from here on out although its gonna be tough since nhl is back) and see how well they do and give a little report whenever i feel like it

Even though i had a mix feeling of the trade ( i swore i'll never watch another Kitchener game under Spott once he returns), i'm glad i only have to watch 3 teams now instead of 4 which was quite a pain

Well McEneny has been their #2-3 ish guy during the WJC and has been on #1 pp with Murphy before. so, he was there before

Last edited by ihaveyuidonttouchme: 01-08-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Spectrefire

Two highly regarded Canucks defense prospects on the same team. That should be interesting.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Blomstrand with 2 more goals today.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:26 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
Two highly regarded Canucks defense prospects on the same team. That should be interesting.
And the team is not the Wolves...

Old
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
My wish is to see McEneny and Corrado on the same pairing, but Corrado will probably be paired with Murphy to be the steady presence... rightfully so.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
9 points (7 goals) in 13 games now since switching teams. Exciting. For his age, that's very good production in Allsvenskan.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:31 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
9 points (7 goals) in 13 games now since switching teams. Exciting. For his age, that's very good production in Allsvenskan.
Could he be ready to come over next year?

Old
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Could he be ready to come over next year?
Not sure, I've only watched the highlights. thefeebster watched a few of his games so he would probably know more.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
My wish is to see McEneny and Corrado on the same pairing, but Corrado will probably be paired with Murphy to be the steady presence... rightfully so.
Per the Ranger's beat writer, Corrado is paired with Fanelli. Tweet posted above.

Kitchener made a move they should have made a lot earlier. Brought in OA Schoenmakers who has been waiting months for a trade to Kitchener (hometown) after refusing to report to Peterborough. This is the scoring winger they needed. Next: Playmaking centerman.

--------

Good for Blomstrand! I think he should come over next season. Its imperative, IMO.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Per the Ranger's beat writer, Corrado is paired with Fanelli. Tweet posted above.

Kitchener made a move they should have made a lot earlier. Brought in OA Schoenmakers who has been waiting months for a trade to Kitchener (hometown) after refusing to report to Peterborough. This is the scoring winger they needed. Next: Playmaking centerman.

--------

Good for Blomstrand! I think he should come over next season. Its imperative, IMO.
Was that referring to the game, or permanently? I'd imagine they'll want him to practice with the team a bit before they look at dropping him into the first pairing.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Was that referring to the game, or permanently? I'd imagine they'll want him to practice with the team a bit before they look at dropping him into the first pairing.
To the game. No pairings on the Rangers are ever permanent. McEneny i think has played with 4 D partners this season. Players are dropped on top lines and top pairings all the time, especially when they are vets in this league. Look at Graovac. First line in his first game with Belleville, no practice time.

But i guess anything can change. I've been wrong a lot lately! The writer always posts the line ups on his blog before the game: http://therecord.blogs.com/rangers_report/

Last edited by thefeebster: 01-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 02:52 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
Man when we drafted him, I really thought I'd never hear about the kid again, good for him.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:53 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post

--------

Just saw it, thanks guys. For a 20 year-old to have earned his way to the top line of a men's league team at his age is impressive.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Tiranis

Maybe we can even see him over this season once his Allsvenskan season ends? His last game is March 2nd or thereabouts, depending on whether he needs to play in relegation playoffs or not. Would be fun to see him with the Wolves.

Also, worth noting, he's the same age as Jensen so he's 19, not 20.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:29 PM
jigsaw99
#fireAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
@SNTonyAmbrogio

Kitchener Rangers have reportedly added #Leafs prospect Josh Leivo and #Canucks prospect Frank Corrado. #OHL

Looks like Corrado is getting a shot at showing Spott exactly why he should've been on the WJC squad.
NOOooooooooo

damnnnn you Spott. look at the job he did with Murphy over the years.... Good thing Corrado will only be there for half the season.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:40 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
NOOooooooooo

damnnnn you Spott. look at the job he did with Murphy over the years.... Good thing Corrado will only be there for half the season.
Lol is there restrictions on when the Canucks can call Frankie up? Bring him up right before OHL playoffs to trololol Spott.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
momo

Quote:
NOOooooooooo

He also helped the likes of Skinner and Landeskog. They're doing Okay in the NHL.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
How's McEneny's skating?

Old
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
jigsaw99
#fireAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
He also helped the likes of Skinner and Landeskog. They're doing Okay in the NHL.
they are forwards. spotts is horrible with defensemans.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
How's McEneny's skating?
Average or Above average ish..ie good enough. His only weakness imo is toughness and strength conditioning, i think. He has hard time containing big guys or whoever is more aggressive along the boards and in front of the net. He can still defend it but lose battles more so?

Everything else he seems pretty good i think..

Old
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
Average or Above average ish..ie good enough. His only weakness imo is toughness and strength conditioning, i think. He has hard time containing big guys or whoever is more aggressive along the boards and in front of the net. He can still defend it but lose battles more so?

Everything else he seems pretty good i think..
I've only seen him play the one game (the one that was on Friday Night Hockey), but something I noticed about him was that every time he went into the corner with someone, he came out with the puck, didn't leave me too worried about his toughness.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
momo

Quote:
they are forwards. spotts is horrible with defensemans.
What are you basing this on? Noone has issues over McEneny's development under Spott.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I've only seen him play the one game (the one that was on Friday Night Hockey), but something I noticed about him was that every time he went into the corner with someone, he came out with the puck, didn't leave me too worried about his toughness.
yeah thats y i said "he can still win(those battles) but loses more"

Closed Thread