HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

[360][WESTERN Super League]*2014-15 * *BUF, FLA, NYI, PIT, TOR, VAN available*

Old
01-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Kitnkev

vCash: 500
The continue moving towards a complete rebuild with two more deals agreed upon this afternoon, one major deal followed by a minor shake up.

First:
The receive-

Craig Smith
Matthew Halischuk
Roman Josi
Michael Latta
Nashville's 2015 1st rd pick

receives-

Pavel Datsyuk
Todd Bertuzzi
Gleason Fournier
Louis-Marc Aubry

It was tough to move datsyuk, however with his contract expiring and not sure his salary expectations moving forward/risk he retires , added onto the sad truth that we are hardly in the playoff race at this point, the Detroit red wings could not pass up this deal as it adds offensive depth to our line up and a bit of youth as well. This was a safer move for us than to risk losing datsyuk for nothing.

Secondly, a much less blockbuster type deal has been agreed upon.

The receive-

Cam Barker
Kyle Wellwood

The receive-
Brendan Smith
Martin Erat

With the departure of Niklas Kronwall, we needed to make some sort of defensive acquisition and this deal presented itself to us. Pretty simply, Winnipeg had an abundance of defense and wanted to add a little offense to their line-up, another move that helps the Detroit red wings get younger. Our future is getting brighter and brighter.

Kitnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucicwgrl7303 View Post
Seeing that the have not been MIA and have been online on daily,you don't get to play my CPU, and I have no messages on here or Xbox live trying to set ups game, so I'm not sure how that is referred to as "not responding"... Have to send a message for me to respond.

As a general rule in this league, if a team has enabled their CPU, you can play it, as long as they are not online, I believe the league will be advanced shortly after you log on today anyways, since jumbo advances in the late afternoons on Mondays, so you won't have a big window to finish your games this schedule period. If I'm around at 4 and the league is not advanced I'd be happy to log on and play

Edit: as for ... Good luck ...this is the 2nd or 3rd straight sim period he has not played a game or set his CPU, so I don't think he is an active member anymore.

he has played 0 games against anybody? i see he has played 0 games this sim, althouh i see he was online 18 hours ago on nhl 13. he made some trade offers relatively recently, and accessed hf boards today. ill msg him and see what the deal is

Inside McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitnkev View Post
The continue moving towards a complete rebuild with two more deals agreed upon this afternoon, one major deal followed by a minor shake up.

First:
The receive-

Craig Smith
Matthew Halischuk
Roman Josi
Michael Latta
Nashville's 2015 1st rd pick

receives-

Pavel Datsyuk
Todd Bertuzzi
Gleason Fournier
Louis-Marc Aubry

It was tough to move datsyuk, however with his contract expiring and not sure his salary expectations moving forward/risk he retires , added onto the sad truth that we are hardly in the playoff race at this point, the Detroit red wings could not pass up this deal as it adds offensive depth to our line up and a bit of youth as well. This was a safer move for us than to risk losing datsyuk for nothing.

what do you guys think about this trade? seems pretty light for a **95** rated stud like datsyuk, even if he is a UFA 35 year old, he is one of the top few players in the game

smith is a 78 4* guy, the rest are 3.5* guys and a 1st round pick...

Old
01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Beats By CoRD
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
If I'm Nashville I make that trade.

I dunno.. it's fair if he's rebuilding, I guess? Could have got a lot more for Datsyuk who I think is the best player in NHL 13.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:11 PM
UpGoesRupp

I thought could've got more for Datsyuk but it was stated there was a few offers and ultimately he chose to pull the trigger.

Smith, Rosi and his first have potential to add to the core of the team.

UpGoesRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Kitnkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
what do you guys think about this trade? seems pretty light for a **95** rated stud like datsyuk, even if he is a UFA 35 year old, he is one of the top few players in the game

smith is a 78 4* guy, the rest are 3.5* guys and a 1st round pick...
Easy to say I could have gotten more... Getting more is another story. Been advertising on the boards and in game he was up for grabs and messages several people on Xbox live about his availability and got two offers. One was vile leino 2014-15 1st rd picks. Funny how everybody ignores he's on the block and then complains when he gets dealt.

Ps this is no worse than that joke of a bogosian trade. Thomas for bogosian to a team that already had an 86 goalie. And that was approved. Veto if you want, but everybody had plenty of time to make an offer. Keep in mind datsyuk is 35, if he doesn't retire his rating will be dropping, how much who knows. But I would definitely take this 4 players and a 1st rounder over 1 guy.

Sorry, just my little rant

Old
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Kitnkev

Also... Just to state... If you have never played me... I DON'T DANGLE. I cycle the puck. Forget iit... I don't need to justify a solid move for my team. Approve if you want, decline if you want

Old
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
UpGoesRupp

Quote:
Also... Just to state... If you have never played me... I DON'T DANGLE. I cycle the puck. Forget iit... I don't need to justify a solid move for my team. Approve if you want, decline if you want
Same reason I dealt Spezza for Luongo.
I play a very defensively responsible game, I've made trades to bolster my defense while sacrificing some offense.

This is why we play!

Good luck with the rebuild

UpGoesRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Easy to say I could have gotten more... Getting more is another story. Been advertising on the boards and in game he was up for grabs and messages several people on Xbox live about his availability and got two offers. One was vile leino 2014-15 1st rd picks. Funny how everybody ignores he's on the block and then complains when he gets dealt.

Ps this is no worse than that joke of a bogosian trade. Thomas for bogosian to a team that already had an 86 goalie. And that was approved. Veto if you want, but everybody had plenty of time to make an offer. Keep in mind datsyuk is 35, if he doesn't retire his rating will be dropping, how much who knows. But I would definitely take this 4 players and a 1st rounder over 1 guy.

Sorry, just my little rant
sorry I don't mean to make you so offended, but this is one of the top 2 or 3 player in the league

As far as the bogosian trade your facts are off bit, pavelec unexpectedly jumped way up (or maybe it is expected now that people known the rosters) and unfortunately thomas retired (not that it was a complete shocker but he could well have continued a season or two). Bogosian stayed at 84 and did not improve btw

we have never vetoed a trade, and not every trade is even, but i think this one at least warrants some discussion

Datsyuk would take what 3 or 4 more seasons even if he declined 3 pts each season before he wasn't a superstar anymore?

Last edited by Inside McKenzie: 01-14-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Kitnkev

Quote:
sorry I don't mean to make you so offended, but this is one of the top 2 or 3 player in the league

As far as the bogosian trade your facts are off bit, pavelec unexpectedly jumped way up (or maybe it is expected now that people known the rosters) and unfortunately thomas retired (not that it was a complete shocker but he could well have continued a season or two). Bogosian stayed at 84 and did not improve btw

we have never vetoed a trade, and not every trade is even, but i think this one at least warrants some discussion

Datsyuk would take what 3 or 4 more seasons even if he declined 3 pts each season before he wasn't a superstar anymore?
So you are telling me 1 player is worth more than 4 others and a future player? And if nobody is offering what you deem as fair value I'm supposed to hold off my rebuild? Detroit is old, I need young. I'm completely out of the playoff race, so a lot of good datsyuk is doing me. I made moves that brought in cam barker, nick foligno, Derek brassard, Matt halischuk, Keith Aullie, roman Josi, Craig smith. I would say I'm definitely better off than I was with datsyuk. And by trading datsyuk, there is another anywhere from 6-8 million in cap space to further improve my team in the off season.

I am not only the player but the GM of Detroit, let me do my job and rebuild this team. I'm sorry but we are all fans of hockey here, and a team is much better than 1 player. One great line doesn't win games, talent from top to bottom wins games. That is why I made the move. Done talking about it, I'll just see when we advance the league if my trades went through.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
So you are telling me 1 player is worth more than 4 others and a future player? And if nobody is offering what you deem as fair value I'm supposed to hold off my rebuild? Detroit is old, I need young. I'm completely out of the playoff race, so a lot of good datsyuk is doing me. I made moves that brought in cam barker, nick foligno, Derek brassard, Matt halischuk, Keith Aullie, roman Josi, Craig smith. I would say I'm definitely better off than I was with datsyuk. And by trading datsyuk, there is another anywhere from 6-8 million in cap space to further improve my team in the off season.

I am not only the player but the GM of Detroit, let me do my job and rebuild this team. I'm sorry but we are all fans of hockey here, and a team is much better than 1 player. One great line doesn't win games, talent from top to bottom wins games. That is why I made the move. Done talking about it, I'll just see when we advance the league if my trades went through.
I respect different GMs have different philosophies etc, but let me do my job too. There could well be an outcry of how did the commissioners let this trade go through with the sim in only a couple hours, or maybe people think this is a reasonable deal, all I'm trying to do is get some feedback, not strictly enforce my view alone.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Degenerate191

I think the only time trades should be vetoed is when people who know eachother make deals that are obviously used to bolster one roster. If my brother were to give me Stamkos for a 5th round pick and Troy Brouwer, that should be vetoed immediately. If Detroit is happy with what he got, then good for him.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Oswalt1026

vCash: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate191 View Post
I think the only time trades should be vetoed is when people who know eachother make deals that are obviously used to bolster one roster. If my brother were to give me Stamkos for a 5th round pick and Troy Brouwer, that should be vetoed immediately. If Detroit is happy with what he got, then good for him.
I agree, I have no problem with the trade seeing as Detroit is happy with it. He's obviously building for the future, and like he said, he's added a lot of nice pieces. And I'd totally do Stamkos for a 5th alone, forget Brouwer

Oswalt1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:46 PM
phillythunder21

This trade is getting way too much attention. There's nothing wrong with it other than a few people smacking themselves for not making an offer when he's been trying to move datsyuk for over a week. Not to call attention to this but in the offseason I traded less and landed Nash and sauer in the same deal with NYR and nobody raised an eyebrow cuz he needed to shave salary... What's the difference in this trade? Only that I gave up more for only one player. My .02

phillythunder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Inside McKenzie

Completed trades:

TO WPG: D Brendan Smith, RW Martin Erat
TO DET: D Cam Barkers, C Kyle Wellwood

TO NSH: D Erik Gudbranson
TO FLA: LW Tomas Tatar

TO STL: C Peter Mueller, LW Darren Kramer, OTT 2016 2nd round pick
TO OTT: C Patrick Berglund

TO WSH: C Jason Spezza, G Craig Anderson, D Ryan O'Byrne, LW Stefan Noesen, OTT 2015 2nd round pick
TO OTT: G Roberto Luongo, D Jeff Shultz

TO DET: C Craig Smith, RW Matt Halischuk, C Michael Latta, D Roman Josi, NSH 2015 1st round pick
TO NSH: C Pavel Datsyuk, RW Todd Bertuzzi, D Gleason Fournier, C Louis-Marc Aubry

After discussion we have decided to approve the Datsyuk trade. Our concern was from a league perspective where even in our league there is a pretty high turnover of GMs. Allowing a top 5 player to be traded for depth could be detrimental to the league and a future Detroit GM who may or may not wish to takeover the team without Datsyuk. As the current Detroit GM has made several other trades that are perfectly reasonable, and as all signs seem to be that he is committed to his team and this league, we are giving him the benefit of the doubt. We will trust he is committed to seeing his rebuild though.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
sovietsanta87

have and .

Let me know whats good for you guys. I'll be sending you messages as well

sovietsanta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Inside McKenzie

San Jose has resigned his position as he is too busy now, sj Open

Pittsburgh has been removed due to not playing and not replying to a variety of messages from a variety of people

NEXT SIM IS THE TRADE DEADLINE: FRIDAY time TBD

Last edited by Inside McKenzie: 01-14-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
sovietsanta87

good game . that was a nail-biter

sovietsanta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Inside McKenzie

yup gg

Old
01-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Kitnkev

Quote:
Completed trades:

After discussion we have decided to approve the Datsyuk trade. Our concern was from a league perspective where even in our league there is a pretty high turnover of GMs. Allowing a top 5 player to be traded for depth could be detrimental to the league and a future Detroit GM who may or may not wish to takeover the team without Datsyuk. As the current Detroit GM has made several other trades that are perfectly reasonable, and as all signs seem to be that he is committed to his team and this league, we are giving him the benefit of the doubt. We will trust he is committed to seeing his rebuild though.
Thank you very much, i am completely committed to this league as I enjoy playing against many of the members in this league- my division especially, and Phoenix is fantastic to play against. I'm really excited about next season already. We plan on calling up Granlund tithe big show next season to see what he's got, and nyquist is ready doran increased role on the team as he has already started to show signs of breaking out. S excited to see Derek brassard in a wings jersey along with nick Foligno. Still a few tweaks to make, but now I have some cap space to make a splash in free agency!

As a safety measure for your league- should anything happen and I am removed for any reason and new GM hates this deal, Nashville GM was kind enough to agree to resendthedeal,so have no fear of any issues. In saying that, I plan on being in this league for the long haul and am excited for what's next

Old
01-15-2013, 12:47 AM
jonyro84

Ok...this is weird. My nhl13 app lists 4 games this Sim but in game I only play NYI, CLB, and EDM. The app lists VAN as a 4th game. and my CPU wasnt enabled and van hasnt been on to play it. Has this happened with anybody else. I hope its just that the Vancouver game is the 1st one listed next Sim and we dont have it get simulated in some crazy glitch

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyro84 View Post
Ok...this is weird. My nhl13 app lists 4 games this Sim but in game I only play NYI, CLB, and EDM. The app lists VAN as a 4th game. and my CPU wasnt enabled and van hasnt been on to play it. Has this happened with anybody else. I hope its just that the Vancouver game is the 1st one listed next Sim and we dont have it get simulated in some crazy glitch
glitch? nhl 13 app? nah couldn't be

or even nhl 13 period!

Old
01-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyro84 View Post
As a heads up, this happened to me in another league. There was a game listed but it wasn't playable, it is a game that counts. During that "simmed" game my 2nd line C got injured for 40 games, one block before playoffs.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
jonyro84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
As a heads up, this happened to me in another league. There was a game listed but it wasn't playable, it is a game that counts. During that "simmed" game my 2nd line C got injured for 40 games, one block before playoffs.
Wonderful to hear...

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Jannik Hansen and Ryan Johansen have been traded back to their original teams after both spending time in Ottawa.. I know confusing.

To Vancouver: Jannik Hansen, Filip Kuba, Maksim Mayorov
To Columbus: Ryan Johansen, Anton Rodin

Malakian#13 is online now   Reply With Quote