HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

[360][WESTERN Super League]*2014-15 * *BUF, FLA, NYI, PIT, TOR, VAN available*

Old
01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Inside McKenzie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly4 View Post
looks like the will face off against Jumbos in the first round, should be a hell of a series.
he better make versteeg's head bleed lol

btw guys sim probably closer to 6pm tonight than 5

Inside McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:43 PM
UpGoesRupp

Hey all, this is sent from an iPhone.
Just flew home to Victoria today and my suitcase
Didn't make the same flight haha. Ill have
My previous Xbox by 9 tonight. Sorry to miss the games
But at least the playoffs look written in stone right now.

UpGoesRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Pucker77

Hey guys pucker77 here. I was hoping to take over as the GM of the .

If you may recall I was the GM for the Ottawa Senators for a short while. The timing could not have been worse haha I come into the league with one block of games and then no playoffs and so I became inactive due to my negligence while waiting for the playoffs to end.

Also, if you may remember, when I took over the Sens I stated I was a huge Leafs fan and it would be difficult for me not to blow up the Senators (whoever is their GM now your welcome for not doing so haha)

What I am trying to say is I think I can be a better more active GM with the Leafs. If you guys would be so kind I would like to send a request and try it out.

XBL Gamertag: MrGrayCarbo

Pucker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucker77 View Post
Hey guys pucker77 here. I was hoping to take over as the GM of the .

If you may recall I was the GM for the Ottawa Senators for a short while. The timing could not have been worse haha I come into the league with one block of games and then no playoffs and so I became inactive due to my negligence while waiting for the playoffs to end.

Also, if you may remember, when I took over the Sens I stated I was a huge Leafs fan and it would be difficult for me not to blow up the Senators (whoever is their GM now your welcome for not doing so haha)

What I am trying to say is I think I can be a better more active GM with the Leafs. If you guys would be so kind I would like to send a request and try it out.

XBL Gamertag: MrGrayCarbo

Sorry but we had to remove you once, and in another league we were both in, when you were toronto even, you kept disappearing, got a second chance like this, but ultimately had to be removed a 2nd time, so I think it is better if we both just move on.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Pucker77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
Sorry but we had to remove you once, and in another league we were both in, when you were toronto even, you kept disappearing, got a second chance like this, but ultimately had to be removed a 2nd time, so I think it is better if we both just move on.
I understand but just to clear the air. the second time I was not kicked. I was out of town and I had not re-signed my upcoming free agents so I told Malakian to remove me so that the computer at least had a chance to re-sign some people.

Unfortunately, by the time I returned from my trip somebody else had been given the Leafs. I had a lot of work and wasnt really into creating an argument so I just allowed them to keep the team and I just played in other leagues. One being this one as my favorite teams arch-rival.

I am not worried about not getting into the league I just wanted to explain what happened.

Pucker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Inside McKenzie

Schedule advanced, the playoffs are underway!

EAST:

1 Florida vs 8 NY Rangers

2 NY Islanders vs 7 Washington

3 Montreal vs 6 Ottawa

4 Boston vs 5 Winnipeg

WEST:

1 Chicago vs 8 Edmonton

2 LA vs 7 ST Louis

3 Minnesota vs 6 Phoenix

4 Vancouver vs 5 Nashville

Old
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
I remember this...

That was the plan but by the time you were removed for some reason it was to late to qualify your restricted free agents or resign any unrestricted free agents so I was forced to find a replacement who was willing to take the challenge and was lucky enough to find one that did a great job in free agency BTW.

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:13 PM
ucicwgrl7303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakian#13 View Post
I remember this...

That was the plan but by the time you were removed for some reason it was to late to qualify your restricted free agents or resign any unrestricted free agents so I was forced to find a replacement who was willing to take the challenge and was lucky enough to find one that did a great job in free agency BTW.
Aww, how sweet haha still seems hard as hell to get my games in over there. Maybe the players are scared they might lose to a girl

ucicwgrl7303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
ucicwgrl7303

Wow haha I go 7-1-2 in the last 10 just to squeak in and get to play the yay... Lucky me.

When is a good time LA? Later at nit works best for me but I can try to work something out that fits ur schedule if that doesn't work for you

ucicwgrl7303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
jonyro84

Wow, I don't think anybody out west has an easy round, can be on late tonight or even in the morning if you want to get this series going

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:17 AM
JR C Tendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestZephyr View Post
are sad to announce that the great career of captain Daniel Alfredsson is in jeopardy due to injury. Alfie is an integral part of this team and his leadership skills will be greatly missed.

"Daniel was playing hard along the boards in the neutral zone when he was caught in a vulnerable position in which he suffered a serious concussion. There is no timetable for his return. Our team doctors have assessed him and speculate he will be unable to join the club in any capacity for the regular season or playoffs." - Paul Mclean

"Well, obviously when you lose a heart and soul player like Alfie you're bound to miss him. But we feel like we are still in contention for the playoffs and that we as a team have a lot to offer. The biggest thing will be finding some young guys to fill the void left by Alfie. Hopefully we can string together a good stretch for em" - Ryan Kesler
First of all i would like to say how much i admire your spunk for the league, but that being said you should seek a therapist of some sort cuz i think you may need some help...

As well Nashville i will be able to play tomorrow night at around 10est

JR C Tendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
phillythunder21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR C Tendy View Post
First of all i would like to say how much i admire your spunk for the league, but that being said you should seek a therapist of some sort cuz i think you may need some help...

How late will you be able to be on, that's right around dinner time for my family, can be on a few hours later

phillythunder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:15 AM
JR C Tendy

what time works for you? i can stay up fairly late

JR C Tendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:38 AM
phillythunder21

Can be on during the day and then again around 9:30 pacific, if that doesn't work we'll have try to work out a schedule for Wednesday or something

phillythunder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Mclovinz1t

VS.

Game 1: the best of seven series has begun in Chicago, as the top seeded Blackhawks take on the eighth seeded oilers. The oilers got out to a strong start in this one as Taylor hall spotted a streaking Ryan nugent-Hopkins and connected a saucer pass that Hopkins was able to coral and put it top shelf on Pekka Rinne on the first shot of the game. From here it was a back and forth game as far as the momentum was concerned, the oilers put the puck on. Et every chance they got but Rinne was up to the task keeping the score at 1-0 into the waning moments of the 3rd period as he turned aside all 29 shots after the Hopkins goal. The Blackhawks were finally able to beat former goaltender Corey Crawford with 40 seconds left as Patrick sharp was able to score a rebound from a jonathon toews wrist shot with the goaltender pulled to force overtime. As fate would have it , the oilers scored their first show and last shot as jones potted a breakaway goal just 4 minutes into overtime.

2- 1. Oilers lead the series 1-0

Mclovinz1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:14 AM
Mclovinz1t

VS.

Game 2: the Edmonton oilers have come out and stunned the top seeded Blackhawks with another thrilling overtime win. This one was a much more one sided affair as the oilers outshot the Blackhawks 30-8, but Pekka Rinne was once again a pillar in the net for the hawks and gave them a chance to win. The game was scoreless midway through the second period when hall again found Hopkins in the slot, nugent-Hopkins back hand was denied but he was able to swat the rebound underneath the pads of rinne. The score would remain 1-0 midway through the 3 rd whena point shot from hawks defenseman Steve Mondadori deflected off oil defender Ryan Whitney and beat Crawford 5-hole. But Jordan Eberle put this one away at the 10:47 mark of OT, and a wicked wrist shot from face off dot off the post and in.

2- 1. Oilers lead the series 2-0

Old
01-29-2013, 03:49 AM
Mclovinz1t

vs game 3

This triple overtime affair can only be described as a goaltending dual. Pekka rinne again puts in a masterful performance making 37 saves on 39 shots and holding down the fort for the Blackhawks who desperately needed a win to avoid falling behind 3-0. At the 12:36 mark in e 3 rd overtime, Michael frolik was finally able to beat Corey Crawford , as the Blackhawks get back in this series with a 3-2 win. This marks the 3rd consecutive overtime game of the series.

leads the series 2-1

vs game 4

The oilers were unable yet again to put the hawks on the brink of elimination as Chicago puts forth a dominant performance. Goals from Marcus Kruger, Marian hossa and Patrice Bergeron along with his first shutout of the post season Pekka Rinne and the hawks get the 3-0 win and go back home for game 5 with series tied at 2

Series tied at 2

Last edited by Mclovinz1t: 01-29-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 03:57 AM
Raekwon

when is a good time for you to get our series started?
I'll be on tomorrow during the day for sure and after 10est as well.

Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Raven I

delete

Raven I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Mclovinz1t

#1 chicago blackhawks vs. #8 edmonton oilers game 5

With the series even and the home teams winless , the howls and oilers headed back to Chicago for game 5. The oilers got out of the gates quickly after being shut out in game 4 scoring three goals in e first fifteen minutes of the game(nugent-Hopkins, horcoff, hall), but then Rinne seemed to settle down I the net. Andy McDonald scored a rebound on a 2 on 1 with 1.6 seconds left in the first to make it a 3-1 game. That would be all the scoring until the final minute when horcoff would put the nail in the coffin on this one with an empty net goal. Despite Rinne's 41 saves the oilers take game 5 4-1.

leads the series 3-2

Captain Taylor hall, " it's great that we have earned the opportunity to put this series away at home in game 6, but we know that is a very skilled team over there, and we have already seen how they play when their backs are against the wall , so it's important we come to the rink ready for a real battle next game because that's gonna be the hardest game of this series."

Corey Crawford on the chance to eliminate the team that traded him, " it's a business, there are no hard feeling s to them for dealing me away. I have found a good home here in edmonton, and we have a great young hockey club. The important thing is to bare down here, in the next game and put this series away. Nobody in this locker room wants to make the trip back to Chicago. They're a good team and have a goalie playing at the top of his game as well. We have to have that killer instinct and finish this thing, we can't get caught thinking about the next round before this one is done. Or get caught up with the emotions of playing a former team full of your friends. Right now, there are no friends in that other locker room, just a team we need to beat 1 more time"

Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
jonyro84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovinz1t View Post
With the series even and the home teams winless , the howls and oilers headed back to Chicago for game 5. The oilers got out of the gates quickly after being shut out in game 4 scoring three goals in e first fifteen minutes of the game(nugent-Hopkins, horcoff, hall), but then Rinne seemed to settle down I the net. Andy McDonald scored a rebound on a 2 on 1 with 1.6 seconds left in the first to make it a 3-1 game. That would be all the scoring until the final minute when horcoff would put the nail in the coffin on this one with an empty net goal. Despite Rinne's 41 saves the oilers take game 5 4-1.

leads the series 3-2

Captain Taylor hall, " it's great that we have earned the opportunity to put this series away at home in game 6, but we know that is a very skilled team over there, and we have already seen how they play when their backs are against the wall , so it's important we come to the rink ready for a real battle next game because that's gonna be the hardest game of this series."

Corey Crawford on the chance to eliminate the team that traded him, " it's a business, there are no hard feeling s to them for dealing me away. I have found a good home here in edmonton, and we have a great young hockey club. The important thing is to bare down here, in the next game and put this series away. Nobody in this locker room wants to make the trip back to Chicago. They're a good team and have a goalie playing at the top of his game as well. We have to have that killer instinct and finish this thing, we can't get caught thinking about the next round before this one is done. Or get caught up with the emotions of playing a former team full of your friends. Right now, there are no friends in that other locker room, just a team we need to beat 1 more time"
Blackhawks captain, Jonathan Toews, " it's not the way we drew up this series, but we have a lot of fight in us still. We are down, but not broken, and definitely not scared. We have a ton of skill, and grit in this line up from top to bottom and th best goalie we could ask for . That's why these are seven games series, not a best of 5. We have won two games in a row once in this series with our backs against the wall... And WE WILL DO IT AGAIN. we are ready.

Edit: game 6 update- oilers lead game 1-0 until Marian hossa ties the game on a redirected point shot with just 9 seconds remaining and rinne on the bench for the extra attacker. And mike knuble puts game 6 away 18 minutes into overtime going 5 hole on Crawford for a breakaway game winning, 7th game forcing goal

SERIES TIED AT 3

Last edited by jonyro84: 01-29-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Mclovinz1t

Despite the 3-2 series lead and the lead in the final minute of game 6 the edmonton oilers were not able to take out the top seeded Blackhawks. After a tough overtime loss in game 6 the oil were not able to compose themselves for game 7 and the hawks took advantage. A 4 goal second period including , including 3 from Marian hossa, and 3 assists from Jonathan toews was more than enough to earn a series for the hawks. Chicago wins game 7 4-1.

defeat in 7 games

Great series Chicago, thought I was gonna pull off the upset

Old
01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
UpGoesRupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR C Tendy View Post

I admire your bluntness but I think you mean psychiatrist cause I get my therapy in your moms bedroom.

As well I will be able to play at about 8pm pst against Montreal

UpGoesRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
jonyro84

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestZephyr View Post
I admire your bluntness but I think you mean psychiatrist cause I get my therapy in your moms bedroom.

As well I will be able to play at about 8pm pst against Montreal
Lol too bad you two are in different conferences. We would have some great trash talk to watch play out if you played each other more.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:17 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge2hall View Post
when is a good time for you to get our series started?
I'll be on tomorrow during the day for sure and after 10est as well.
I'll be on this evening. Hopefully we can play our games when you get back after 10.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote