HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

[360][WESTERN Super League]*2014-15 * *BUF, FLA, NYI, PIT, TOR, VAN available*

Old
03-13-2013, 01:11 AM
ishbob

vCash: 500
Of course you scored another goal because I was trying to get another goal when you were skating back in your own zone with a lead. Classy play for sure

ishbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:17 AM
nuge2hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishbob View Post
Of course you scored another goal because I was trying to get another goal when you were skating back in your own zone with a lead. Classy play for sure
I've had countless people score on me like that, suck it up and get another goal.
I did it once all game. Do you call turning back at your blue line skating back to my zone?
When you stack the line, obviously I'm going to turn back and look for feeds to enter the zone.
You had plenty of chances to come back and you failed.
Take the L and beat me next time.

nuge2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:21 AM
ishbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge2hall View Post
I've had countless people score on me like that, suck it up and get another goal.
I did it once all game and do you call turning at the blue line skating back to my zone?
When you stack the line, obviously I'm going to turn back and look for feeds to enter the zone.
You had plenty of chances to come back and you failed.
Take the L and beat me next time.
you dont get it, I had chances to do glitchy **** all game but I didn't what dont you understand

Old
03-13-2013, 01:25 AM
nuge2hall

Man I've had a least 7-8 of those against me this year and I didn't quit once.
Do you understand that quitting when you're losing is *****made?

Old
03-13-2013, 01:33 AM
ishbob

wanna play again then?

Old
03-13-2013, 01:39 AM
nuge2hall

I was up 3-1 with four seconds left man that's a win.
You quit during a guaranteed loss and get a chance to play again?
How's that fair?

Old
03-13-2013, 01:41 AM
ishbob

ur just scared that im gonna roflstomp you

Old
03-13-2013, 01:46 AM
nuge2hall

Dude you're a joke.
Guaranteed loss and you quit.
That's all there is to it.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:51 AM
ishbob

thats why you wolnt play me again right? cuz you know u cant beat me legit

Old
03-13-2013, 01:52 AM
nuge2hall

You don't get it man why would I play you if you just quit when I win?

Old
03-13-2013, 01:54 AM
jonyro84

We have all been scored on that way. It's a ******** move , but the appropriate thing to do is finish the game and bring it to the commissioners attention. I gave up one of these this season to lose with 2 seconds left and I finished e game. He'll I was up 3 games to 1 in the west finals last season up by 1 and was scored on by this with 12 seconds left to force OT and eventually lost the series. It's a move that happens and has not been banned in this league. Obviously players who repeatedly do this get dealt with. But 1 goal, though lame, is not worth all this arguing on the boards

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:00 AM
ishbob

K just play my computer then

Old
03-13-2013, 02:00 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyro84 View Post
We have all been scored on that way. It's a ******** move , but the appropriate thing to do is finish the game and bring it to the commissioners attention. I gave up one of these this season to lose with 2 seconds left and I finished e game. He'll I was up 3 games to 1 in the west finals last season up by 1 and was scored on by this with 12 seconds left to force OT and eventually lost the series. It's a move that happens and has not been banned in this league. Obviously players who repeatedly do this get dealt with. But 1 goal, though lame, is not worth all this arguing on the boards
Pretty much this. Let's not delude ourselves in to believing that none of us have ever done this.

EggsBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:03 AM
ishbob

I dont do it in GMC because I dont want it to be done to me but I guess anything goes

Old
03-13-2013, 02:04 AM
nuge2hall

Quote:
Yeah I get you, but it's not like I won by doing it with 4 seconds left in a tie game.
It was in the first period after which it was 1-1.
Agreed on the arguing tho, so I'll leave it at that.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:06 AM
jonyro84

Quote:
I dont do it in GMC because I dont want it to be done to me but I guess anything goes
I agree with you. I don't do it either, but you are never going to eliminate the move from everybody else's game. Just be prepared to be frustrated every now and then

Old
03-13-2013, 02:08 AM
ishbob

Yeah okay ill just let him play my cpu I shouldnt have quit mah bad

Old
03-13-2013, 02:15 AM
nuge2hall

Quote:
Yeah okay ill just let him play my cpu I shouldnt have quit mah bad
All good man I'll play it tomorrow if that's cool.
I don't usually use that move either, but it's been happening to me a lot in this league
And I guess I just used it out of my frustration.
Definitely going to eliminate it from my game tho.
Look forward to some solid games with u in the future

Old
03-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Inside McKenzie

Well since it is all on the table lol

Nuge2hall you have had many complaints and need to clean up your game to remain in the league.

Montreal, as you seem to now agree you should not quit but, as somebody said, bring concerns to jumbo and I after the game.

And, as Jumbo and I keep saying, it is better not to air your dirty laundry in the main thread...

By the way I hate how this game has these issues...which I'm sure we can all agree on.

Which move are you guys referring to anyway, backhand/forehand at the side of the net?

On a related note, if a team scores 4 of 5 goals through moving the puck accross a player's body to his backhand, then back across his body to his forehand before shooting a wrist shot, is that considered exploitive? On at least 3 of the 4 goals there appears to have been no reason to have done so unless it is just a slower version of the more common quick backhand/forehand wrist shot...that I believe most agree is exploitive?

Also, are there certain moves some leagues explicitly disallow? We certainly don't approve of cheese/exploits

Last edited by Inside McKenzie: 03-13-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Inside McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
jonyro84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
Well since it is all on the table lol

Nuge2hall you have had many complaints and need to clean up your game to remain in the league.

Montreal, as you seem to now agree you should not quit but, as somebody said, bring concerns to jumbo and I after the game.

And, as Jumbo and I keep saying, it is better not to air your dirty laundry in the main thread...

By the way I hate how this game has these issues...which I'm sure we can all agree on.

Which move are you guys referring to anyway, backhand/forehand at the side of the net?

On a related note, if a team scores 4 of 5 goals through moving the puck accross a player's body to his backhand, then back across his body to his forehand before shooting a wrist shot, is that considered exploitive? On at least 3 of the 4 goals there appears to have been no reason to have done so unless it is just a slower version of the more common quick backhand/forehand wrist shot...that I believe most agree is exploitive?

Also, are there certain moves some leagues explicitly disallow? We certainly don't approve of cheese/exploits
I have been in 1 that had a few that were banned, the back hand forehand breakaway deke was an automatic removal, as well as another but I don't remember it because I had rarely seen it and didn't know it was a glitch. I quit this league because I felt in was a little over the top and the commissioner was just on a power trip, in this league it was illegal to hug the boards on a dump in , in order to avoid getting checked lol

As far as that move you are questioning, I'm not sure, never seen someone do that, but sounds fishy(perhaps even more so than the breakaway deke, as honestly that's a common nhl move, it's just unfortunate that EA made it nearly unstoppable) Try it out in practice mode and see if its as high percentage as the quicker version

Old
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

vCash: 50
I get the backhand-forehard deke on a breakaway is an exploit, but it's also very difficult to score on the backhand. How many of us have other moves? Do we have to a Conway triple deke so we won't be called out? What about on a partial break when really that's the only move you can do?

I'm not advocating it because I rarely do it, but it happens, we all do it because it's a good move. NHL 13 has pretty much completely taken away the cross crease pass, which was my bread and butter. It gets intercepted immediately EVERY time. Now the only was to score is to turn at the hash marks and take a wrist shot hoping for a rebound or top corner. This is basically hockey 101 anyways, but it seems like the best ways to score (and there's 3 or 4 of them) are now called "exploits". So what we all have to score on our knees now?

I was recently called an "exploiter" and I've been in this league since the day it started, without one complaint. I think guys are getting a bit too sensitive, as we all play this game everyday. If a guy does it to you, do it back and learn how to stop it. This is all you can do. *****ing about it and quitting early is not acceptable IMO.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
GlobalNews

Quote:
I have been in 1 that had a few that were banned, the back hand forehand breakaway deke was an automatic removal, as well as another but I don't remember it because I had rarely seen it and didn't know it was a glitch. I quit this league because I felt in was a little over the top and the commissioner was just on a power trip, in this league it was illegal to hug the boards on a dump in , in order to avoid getting checked lol

As far as that move you are questioning, I'm not sure, never seen someone do that, but sounds fishy(perhaps even more so than the breakaway deke, as honestly that's a common nhl move, it's just unfortunate that EA made it nearly unstoppable) Try it out in practice mode and see if its as high percentage as the quicker version
If you give up a breakaway... a breakaway.... you should NOT complain if you get scored on no matter how that occurs

You gave up a BREAKAWAY!

GlobalNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbox 360 View Post
If you give up a breakaway... a breakaway.... you should NOT complain if you get scored on no matter how that occurs

You gave up a BREAKAWAY!
Exactly!

Same with the guys scoring on the same wrist shot from the circle. Well, YOU'RE allowing him to do it over and over!! Learn how to stop it and shut the **** up.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
jonyro84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
I get the backhand-forehard deke on a breakaway is an exploit, but it's also very difficult to score on the backhand. How many of us have other moves? Do we have to a Conway triple deke so we won't be called out? What about on a partial break when really that's the only move you can do?

I'm not advocating it because I rarely do it, but it happens, we all do it because it's a good move. NHL 13 has pretty much completely taken away the cross crease pass, which was my bread and butter. It gets intercepted immediately EVERY time. Now the only was to score is to turn at the hash marks and take a wrist shot hoping for a rebound or top corner. This is basically hockey 101 anyways, but it seems like the best ways to score (and there's 3 or 4 of them) are now called "exploits". So what we all have to score on our knees now?

I was recently called an "exploiter" and I've been in this league since the day it started, without one complaint. I think guys are getting a bit too sensitive, as we all play this game everyday. If a guy does it to you, do it back and learn how to stop it. This is all you can do. *****ing about it and quitting early is not acceptable IMO.
I'm a firm believer in what gearbox said about if you give up a breakaway it's your fault... However, if you try this deke every single time you get a breakaway, not even trying anything new, then sorry, breakaway or not you are exploiting a fault in the games goaltending AI. Doing that deke, among others and trying different breakaway dekes I don't think that's an issue, but most of the players who do it, only do that move.

Sorry for the ramble, I'll address what I meant to in the first place now... Your claim of how there Re very few ways to score is completely ridiculous. I have scored and been scored on in so many multitudes of ways. Point shots, redirects, 5 hole, one timers, cross crease passes, back hand breakaways, wrap arounds... To say the only way to score is forehand backhand or "turn at the hash marks and take a wrist shot" , then we must be playing different games.

I'm sure you were just exaggerating anyways, thus making my post pointless lol

Old
03-13-2013, 02:18 PM
beast8812

I played a guy last night that just took over goalie control anytime I got a breakaway and he was extremely good at it. There are options to avoid getting scored on this way. I suck at playing goalie, so I don't do it but you do have options if your giving up breakaways every game.

My biggest problem is trying to avoid all these "unfair" ways of scoring I only score one goal a game and lose 2-1 over and over.

beast8812 is offline   Reply With Quote