Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
I'd like to see Ryback try that.
He'd probably seriously injure khali.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:04 AM
BluesOne31
We going insane

vCash: 50
One of my roommates said the only way he'd care to watch the WWE is if The Rock is around. If he will pay for half of it, I may just have to purchase RR on PPV.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
And that is why The Rock should win the WWE Championship.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Robbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
It doesn't matter what The Rock should win.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:28 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Omni says Rock wins, Rock wins.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:33 AM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Either way I'm going to be watching the RR. It's just a matter of if the WWE gets my money or not.

After a several year break, last RR was when I first started watching WWE again. The RTWM was awesome last year and since then has been pretty meh outside of The Shield. If it weren't for knowing that The Rock and Lesnar would be involved in this years RTWM I probably would have stopped watching.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

I mean, the fact that your friend will watch if The Rock is there is the reason why Rocky should win. He's going to bring in more of an audience.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Strongest in the WWE?
Claudio is the man but he isn't stronger than Cena or Henry.

Claudio was always destined for the big time because unlike the other big names on the ROH/Indy scene, he has the size and the look. Unfortunate that it doesn't look like we are going to get a KoW reunion any time soon, but it's awesome that he is getting pushed.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:16 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
I mean, the fact that your friend will watch if The Rock is there is the reason why Rocky should win. He's going to bring in more of an audience.
That doesn't mean he should hold the title, it just means he deserves a fat bonus in his check and a couple high profile matches.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:14 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Claudio is the man but he isn't stronger than Cena or Henry.

Claudio was always destined for the big time because unlike the other big names on the ROH/Indy scene, he has the size and the look. Unfortunate that it doesn't look like we are going to get a KoW reunion any time soon, but it's awesome that he is getting pushed.
First time since Ryder held the US title that I even cared about it. He's had some good matches and has been a great addition to the mid card. I think his gimmick has some staying power to it, too. I'd love to see him dominate Americans for quite some time then go 1 on 1 with a bigger name.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:33 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
First time since Ryder held the US title that I even cared about it. He's had some good matches and has been a great addition to the mid card. I think his gimmick has some staying power to it, too. I'd love to see him dominate Americans for quite some time then go 1 on 1 with a bigger name.
That's the way to build his character imo. Orton would be a good fit for that high profile feud. It's been a while since the US belt had any prestige

Old
01-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I just finished my DVR'd Raw; I have to say I think ADR's face turn can go places. He didn't get much of a crowd reaction but I prefer his change to Miz' face turn. I do think he needs to add something else to his arsenal in way of a non-submission finisher. The super kick he used is a nice choice but I wonder if Ziggler will be using that now instead of the zig-zag.

The look on Darren Young's face is great during the last Mae Young segment.
part of the reason ADR didn't get much of a reaction is that they never showed the video where he told Ricardo he had his back in house. If you had watched the previous RAW and where at the tapings, you'd be under the assumption he was still a heel after running over Santa.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
That's the way to build his character imo. Orton would be a good fit for that high profile feud. It's been a while since the US belt had any prestige
Definitely agree. And if Cesaro actually lost his title to Orton, it'd be good to have Orton carry that belt for 3-4 months and be in a long-term feud with an up/coming wrestler. That's where they ALWAYS drop the ball. They build the title, then tear it down by handing it over in 3 weeks. There has to be a transition that the fans believe. When the belts move on, they need to instantly start a good solid feud.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:53 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Definitely agree. And if Cesaro actually lost his title to Orton, it'd be good to have Orton carry that belt for 3-4 months and be in a long-term feud with an up/coming wrestler. That's where they ALWAYS drop the ball. They build the title, then tear it down by handing it over in 3 weeks. There has to be a transition that the fans believe. When the belts move on, they need to instantly start a good solid feud.
Not only that, but an established top guy like Orton carrying a mid card title and getting good TV time would make the US belt a bit more important. As much as I love Cesaro, his 6 minute matches every 5 weeks on ppv aren't doing anything to further his career. Does Cesaro even have a real feud right now? Seemed like they were trying something with Truth, which was fine, I could get down with that...but Truth is out of the picture with his injury I would assume.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
part of the reason ADR didn't get much of a reaction is that they never showed the video where he told Ricardo he had his back in house. If you had watched the previous RAW and where at the tapings, you'd be under the assumption he was still a heel after running over Santa.
WWE is ****ing stupid. They're trying to get him over as a face, but they show him running over Santa in the same show.

01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

- At this time, it appears as if a Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H rematch will take place at WrestleMania. Lesnar is expected to return to WWE TV sometime in February, and will then make regular appearances to build to the WrestleMania match.

Lesnar's current deal will end right after WrestleMania. The feeling is that WWE will offer him another deal, as they were happy with the PPV numbers as well as Lesnar's performances against John Cena at Extreme Rules and Triple H at SummerSlam.

If Lesnar doesn't sign, WWE will be faced with a the annual "WrestleMania hangover" dilemma of their special attraction talents (Lesnar, The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H) leaving.

wrestlingobserver

Old
01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Due to the holiday, the following numbers are estimates but here is the segment breakdown:

Kane vs. Cody Rhodes lost around 140,000 viewers from the opener. The Divas match with Natalya, Kaitlyn, Layla and Alicia Fox vs. Eve Torres, Tamina Snuka, Aksana and Rosa Mendes stayed even. Big Show vs. Sheamus in the 9pm timeslot gained around 550,000 viewers for a 2.4 rating, which is good growth.

David Otunga vs. Zack Ryder lost about 300,000 viewers. Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz and Kofi Kingston gained about 140,000 viewers. Brad Maddox vs. The Great Khali also gained around 140,000 viewers. The segment with CM Punk, Paul Heyman and Ryback also gained 140,000 viewers, doing a 2.5 quarter rating in the 10pm timeslot and being the highest-rated segment of the show.

Daniel Bryan vs. Damien Sandow lost around 300,000 viewers. The 10-man tag with Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, Tensai, Titus O'Neil and Darren Young vs. The Usos, Santino Marella, Brodus Clay, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel lost 140,000 viewers. John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio in the Miracle on 34th Street match gained 140,000 viewers and did a 2.3 quarter rating.
--------------------------------
BRAD MADDOX: Christmas Eve Draw

Old
01-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
- At this time, it appears as if a Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H rematch will take place at WrestleMania. Lesnar is expected to return to WWE TV sometime in February, and will then make regular appearances to build to the WrestleMania match.

Lesnar's current deal will end right after WrestleMania. The feeling is that WWE will offer him another deal, as they were happy with the PPV numbers as well as Lesnar's performances against John Cena at Extreme Rules and Triple H at SummerSlam.

If Lesnar doesn't sign, WWE will be faced with a the annual "WrestleMania hangover" dilemma of their special attraction talents (Lesnar, The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H) leaving.

wrestlingobserver
Is it me or Lesnar will make less than 25 appearances if he comes back only in late february ? Except if he shows up at SmackDown... I doubt it
No way he already appears 15-20 times on TV/PPV

Old
01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

I think he's only appeared like 10-12 times this year. There's 7 Raw's post Chamber until WM, then WM itself and Raw, which I think Lesnar will appear at. That's 9 dates. I can see him appearing at the Rumble and 1/14 Raw too.

I'm guessing dirtsheets didn't know as much as they thought with his contract. 5 million to work less than 25 dates from what it seems. The good life for Brock.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:47 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

If their match was anything like the first one, I don't want to see HHH/Lesnar. They focused on the arm and it didn't sell to the crowd. You have two beasts going toe-to-toe and the focus in on an arm? Come on, now. Give us what Cena/Lesnar did and that was beat the living **** out of one another. That's what we want.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
If their match was anything like the first one, I don't want to see HHH/Lesnar. They focused on the arm and it didn't sell to the crowd. You have two beasts going toe-to-toe and the focus in on an arm? Come on, now. Give us what Cena/Lesnar did and that was beat the living **** out of one another. That's what we want.
I hope WWE isn't stupid enough to do it again. I anticipate the NY crowd would ultimately **** all over it, especially if HHH went over. People want Taker/Lesnar. It's a bigger draw and more appealing.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:53 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
I hope WWE isn't stupid enough to do it again. I anticipate the NY crowd would ultimately **** all over it, especially if HHH went over. People want Taker/Lesnar. It's a bigger draw and more appealing.
I think it's going to be

Cena/Rock
HHH/Lesnar
Punk/Undertaker

Old
01-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I think it's going to be

Cena/Rock
HHH/Lesnar
Punk/Undertaker
Sadly. I'd prefer:

Cena/Rock/Punk
Taker/Lesnar

HHH isn't needed here. Or maybe HHH/Ryback vs The Shield. I just want those two top matches.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
It wasn't worthy to headline a Summerslam, that's for damn sure. I thought on TV in translated decently, albeit a little slow, but a live crowd for freaking Summerslam needs chaos and carnage.

If they're gonna do HHH/Lesnar again at WM29, they need to add an element like a cage to sell more brutality, or just go toe to toe and slug it out like Lesnar and Cena did (which was really quite awesome).

Old
01-03-2013, 06:30 PM
End of Line
Human After All

You want a realistic match with Brock? Have him fight Trips in a Brawl for All type deal.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Closed Thread