HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 11:29 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
I still never heard why it didnt go upstairs to be looked at???
Maybe they had a quick look and thought it to be inconclusive at first glance (reviews can be called from on ice OR upstairs? The ref didnt feel it was neccessary? The lack of Ktown players pointing it out and asking for review while play was stopped? Spott coulda used his timeout and asked them too review it? The league is clearly pro Hunter ?

Not sure why your asking when you know the answer is corruption, favourtism, biased league officials You seem more concerned than the Ranger fans.
Was it a bad call? Probably, but there are so many other plays in a game that also lead to the outcome it isnt worth losing sleep over. A review may not have changed the on ice call (and I believe the looked at it at intermission and stated that-inconclusive)
Missed assignments, bad penalties taken, bad calls by officials, coaching mistakes, bad goals allowed, poor positioning, lack of compete at times and on and on. To single out ONE play, when the outcome coulda also been changed 1000 other times....

Kitchener was full marks for the W. They capitilized on the PP, out hustled the Knights, keep good chances on Gibson down and generally frustrated them all night. They responded and adapted well, Well see if London can adjust Wednesday as well as Ktown did.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:31 AM
aresknights

Quote:
I still never heard why it didnt go upstairs to be looked at???
Well, it looks like the league talked with the officials. They reviewed a play last night that prolly didnt need it, but the erred on the side of caution.
The right thing to do and it seems theyve learned (for now )

Old
04-09-2013, 12:25 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Maybe they had a quick look and thought it to be inconclusive at first glance (reviews can be called from on ice OR upstairs? The ref didnt feel it was neccessary? The lack of Ktown players pointing it out and asking for review while play was stopped? Spott coulda used his timeout and asked them too review it? The league is clearly pro Hunter ?

Not sure why your asking when you know the answer is corruption, favourtism, biased league officials You seem more concerned than the Ranger fans.
Was it a bad call? Probably, but there are so many other plays in a game that also lead to the outcome it isnt worth losing sleep over. A review may not have changed the on ice call (and I believe the looked at it at intermission and stated that-inconclusive)Missed assignments, bad penalties taken, bad calls by officials, coaching mistakes, bad goals allowed, poor positioning, lack of compete at times and on and on. To single out ONE play, when the outcome coulda also been changed 1000 other times....

Kitchener was full marks for the W. They capitilized on the PP, out hustled the Knights, keep good chances on Gibson down and generally frustrated them all night. They responded and adapted well, Well see if London can adjust Wednesday as well as Ktown did.
This is what I heard as well that it was looked at during the intermission, which is way too late to changed anything. If its not done before the puck is dropped then its not gonna change. The best view of it I was able to see was a pic from Buzzing the Net.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...211339301.html

Whats done is done. Can understand the inconclusive.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:

Was it a bad call? Probably, but there are so many other plays in a game that also lead to the outcome it isnt worth losing sleep over. A review may not have changed the on ice call (and I believe the looked at it at intermission and stated that-inconclusive)
Missed assignments, bad penalties taken, bad calls by officials, coaching mistakes, bad goals allowed, poor positioning, lack of compete at times and on and on. To single out ONE play, when the outcome coulda also been changed 1000 other times....

I have zero issue with no review of the "non-goal" it happened so fast and the refs are only human. It's one thing to analyze the goal from numerous replays and still photography and another from live action. Most of the blame should be put on the Rangers for not requesting the review.

Having said all that, the one play that irked me was the blatant dive by Tierney seconds before Domi's goal. For me that should've been 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I have zero issue with no review of the "non-goal" it happened so fast and the refs are only human. It's one thing to analyze the goal from numerous replays and still photography and another from live action. Most of the blame should be put on the Rangers for not requesting the review.

Having said all that, the one play that irked me was the blatant dive by Tierney seconds before Domi's goal. For me that should've been 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike.

I'm completely with you Ward. The no-goal call may have hurt, but Kitchener wouldn't have won the game scoring just one anyway.

But that ridiculously obvious dive by Tierney drew my ire. It was as obvious as you'll ever see and right in front of the ref. That non-call was even more impactful, because the Rangers stopped skating and Domi took the puck and scored the game winner. Horrible reaction by Kitchener, no doubt. You have to keep battling. But that call had to be made. Plays like that make a mockery of the game and embarrass officials.

Old
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
aresknights

Lots of iffy calls both ways and yes they are frustrating but I try never to use as an excuse. It usually evens up over the course of game/series/season. Seen some
Good dives/ Embellishment both ways and missed calls as well. It is what it is in the O ( and increasingly in the NHL)

Tierney is getting a bad rap with London fans for going down a bit too easy lol. Just play

Thanks for the thoughts on the no goal call.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Old
04-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Lots of iffy calls both ways and yes they are frustrating but I try never to use as an excuse. It usually evens up over the course of game/series/season. Seen some
Good dives/ Embellishment both ways and missed calls as well. It is what it is in the O ( and increasingly in the NHL)

Tierney is getting a bad rap with London fans for going down a bit too easy lol. Just play

Thanks for the thoughts on the no goal call.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Ahhhhhh......remember the good old days of actually fighting through a check??

Yeah....a lot of "wtf's" with the calls going to both sides last night.
But that's the standard lately....personally I rather go back to one referee at least there should be some consistency within the game! (please note I did say "some consistency"!)

Old
04-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Just another example of the arogance of London in the HHL Hunter Hockey League where they are the center of the universe in the O and theyre lacky David Branch looks the other way......AGAAIN!!!!!!

Not a conspiracy theory people.Facts are out there.

Good game by the Rangers, win game 4 and the momentum has shifted.It aint over yet.

Still never heard why that goal by Kitts wasnt reviewed in game 2???????
Why is it all a conspiracy? How is this arrogance by London? Refs are human and make mistakes, it goes both ways. What is Branch going to do, "hey look, even the video review was inconclusive and the call on the ice was no goal, but we found this still photo a day later and are ruling that by way of the photo, the Rangers win...yay!"
Its hockey, its a sport, people make mistakes.
Most of the time when somebody hates a team so much (as your location states) it is because they have beat you time and time again in the sport you love.
Success breeds haters

The one point you make that is worthwhile is that ya it was a good game by the Rangers. They played smart hockey, took advantage of the power plays and if they can build off of that win, this series could go 7.
Should be a fun ride!

Old
04-09-2013, 04:28 PM
JL17

This so called Hunter hockey happens to just about any team that ends with a result like last night. I've seen every team do it in the league over the last few years and wait even NHL teams do it. If you watch enough hockey you'll see at every league kids and all that it happens.

The Rangers were full marks for stepping up and making sure they gave themselves a fighting chances.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:41 PM
bobber

No one cares about the controversial goal. Its a non issue. You will be an old man with hair down to your ankles before the league would divulge anything to a fan. Still not sure why a fan of an other team would use this point to brag about the past. No one cares about that either.

Old
04-09-2013, 05:29 PM
aresknights

Is this Hunter type hockey similar to Boug hockey or Ireland hockey or Walker hockey?

Old
04-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Is this Hunter type hockey similar to Boug hockey or Ireland hockey or Walker hockey?
Hunter was the innovator....the others are mere imitators!

Too be honest not sure what good it does, it just causes the ref's to call a tighter game for the next game(s). Not sure if it really imitates the Rangers, they went through Owen Sound and Plymouth last years playoffs and got better with each game. IMHO...it's counter productive for London since they are more skill than anything else.

I still think the winner of this series will win the West since both Plymouth and the Attack will beat each other up.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
aresknights

It really hasn't been the knights way the last couple years to try n intimidate. They arent as effective gor sure. Your right, it'll only help Ktown if they are frustrated again.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I can't believe people actually think the Hunters have Branch in their pocket, that the team is classless, that their play is 'diving and embellishments' and even that the Knights weren't giving away tickets to the visitors...?

I don't know where you were (if you were there) but there were quite a few Rangers fans in the Gardens that night, a hell of a lot more than usual.

I won't even bother replying to the accusations of the Hunter's and their team, because I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face

Kitchener had a hell of a game, you've had guys parked out front all series, and it's starting to pay off for you. Hopefully London can counter that, but props to you guys. It's not easy being in front of the net with a Rupert next to you

Old
04-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
It's not easy being in front of the net with a Rupert next to you
What Kitchener needs to do is lure both Ruperts to that area and then, when they fight each other, it'll essentially be a 5-on-3.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:33 PM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

vCash: 68
So....Kitchener's defense...is it as bad as it sounds? 62 shots against in 73 minutes.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
So....Kitchener's defense...is it as bad as it sounds? 62 shots against in 73 minutes.
Kitchener was the better team all game. In fact, they should have won in regulation. Kitchener outchanced London, outworked, and out played them. Shots don't tell the whole story. Rangers should have won in regulation, but a missed interference call allowed the Zadarov to walk in unmolested and score the game tying goal.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:35 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Kitchener was the better team all game. In fact, they should have won in regulation. Kitchener outchanced London, outworked, and out played them. Shots don't tell the whole story. Rangers should have won in regulation, but a missed interference call allowed the Zadarov to walk in unmolested and score the game tying goal.
Honest question, do you actually watch a full game from start to finish?

It was embarrassing enough reading you post paragraphs on end claiming that Jamie Benn is a better player than Pat Kane.

Even your own newspaper writer said that the OT was like a London powerplay.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Did you? Kitchener carried the play. Kitchener would have won if London didn't get away with the most blatant interfernce i've ever seen.

All you've got is some completely unrelated points in opposition. The Hunters have horseshoes up their ass and leprechauns tied up in their basement. London doesn't deserve to be up 3-1, and they certainly didn't deserve to win this game.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:54 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Did you? Kitchener carried the play. Kitchener would have won if London didn't get away with the most blatant interfernce i've ever seen.

All you've got is some completely unrelated points in opposition. The Hunters have horseshoes up their ass and leprechauns tied up in their basement. London doesn't deserve to be up 3-1, and they certainly didn't deserve to win this game.
All you're saying is Kitchener controlled the play. You have nothing to back that up. London out shot Kitchener (with 3 less powerplay opportunities) 62-45, or 62-50 if you go by the biased shot clock at the Auditorium. And again, Josh Brown said that OT was like a London powerplay.

It's funny, you bring up the missed interference. Yet Kitchener would never have had the chance to score their first goal if Domi wasn't called for unsportsmanlike. It was clear on the replay that he was diving for the puck, not for a call. Scott Dickie, the biggest blow hard rogers tv has seen since Erie's Jeanneret even admitted that.

But London has won 7 of the last 8 playoff meetings against Kitchener it has to be all luck and favoritism from above.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Rubbers29

Kitchener went ahead of London tonight on a botched call! or can you not remember all the way back to the first period, instead of getting the powerplay Domi gets called for unsportsmanlike Diving while trying to get to the puck on a partial break, resulting in a 4-4 rather than a London powerplay, London then gets called again and on the ensuing 4-3 the Rangers pot their second of the night! bad calls work both ways, all your "best team on the ice" had to do was score 1 more goal in the last 53 mins of the game, they couldn't, not sure if either or those points is unrelated but I am sure you'll figure they both are.

Also as much as you think shots don't tell the whole story, I couldn't seriously tell someone who asked about the defense that "they carried the game" when the goaltender faced basically a 1shot/minute, Gibson stood on his head tonight, he is one hell of a goaltender which is lucky for the Rangers since your top defenceman spends more time behind the opposing teams net then protecting his own.

Personally I don't think either team outplayed the other, it was a hard fought great game, Kitchener's demise was for some reason they stopped doing what was working all night for them once OT started and London came out flying, Looking forward to another great game Friday

Old
04-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Rubbers29

haha I stopped in the middle of my reply to take out the garbage and you beat me to it Wrister

Old
04-11-2013, 07:48 AM
bobber

The Rangers have been in the position many times over the last two seasons to take advantage of an opportunity to either jump ahead of an opponent or move ahead in the standings and they have failed to do it. They are notorious for not being able to finish opponents off. Lets face it London has a more talented squad and is better coached than the Rangers. We had two former players sitting behind us last night. One was a Ranger from the 70's and they couldn't believe how many times the Rangers turned the puck over from the opening whistle and how many times they were caught out of position. In saying that I was surprised how many times the Knights fell like they were pole axed with no one around and how much whining Harrington did over the course of the game. London deserved the win simply because the Rangers went into a complete defensive shell in OT letting Gibby take a ton of rubber until he was scored on.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Wow its going to be a long summer for you if thats what you truly think. Missed calls go both ways and they certainly have. (so for those keeping track, lets say it pretty much evens out). From the 3rd period on it wasn't a matter of will London win, it was when will they win. You do realize that Kitchener is a one line team right? Do you also realize that the Knights are the deepest team in the OHL and maybe the country? (many hockey analysts will tell you this, not just the homers on chat boards). If you really think you are losing the series because of the refs and some voodoo Hunter magic, I suggest you give up now and join the bandwagon. Say it with me....'Go Knights Go'! See, it ain't so bad.
Sitenote: it really is funny to read the kitchener paper online and you see the comments below the articles and it is mostly Kitchener fans harping on other Kitchener fans to stop being crybabys and blaming the referees for the losses.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Snippit

Quote:

Really? Is this how all Rangers fans are like? I haven't seen you give credit once to London in this series. You also some how think that the 4-0 series last year "could have gone either way".

There were also a couple of TERRIBLE calls on the Knights in the first period, one of which led to a PP goal. If you think Kitchener carried the play, you didn't even watch the game. On the RangersRush forum, most Rangers fans said something along the lines of -

"The way our guys had stopped skating, that third goal was coming either way."

Continue with your excuse-making though. You're the perfect example of biased.

Closed Thread