HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Really? Is this how all Rangers fans are like? I haven't seen you give credit once to London in this series. You also some how think that the 4-0 series last year "could have gone either way".

There were also a couple of TERRIBLE calls on the Knights in the first period, one of which led to a PP goal. If you think Kitchener carried the play, you didn't even watch the game. On the RangersRush forum, most Rangers fans said something along the lines of -

"The way our guys had stopped skating, that third goal was coming either way."

Continue with your excuse-making though. You're the perfect example of biased.
yeah.....and after Game 3, London fans were saying that the Hunters wanted the extra home gate revenue.

Fans are being fans, they tend to see the bad calls against their team and not see the breaks their teams get. (you very very much included)

Old
04-11-2013, 08:26 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
yeah.....and after Game 3, London fans were saying that the Hunters wanted the extra home gate revenue.

Fans are being fans, they tend to see the bad calls against their team and not see the breaks their teams get. (you very very much included)
Every team will get calls that one way or another seem biased or slanted. It happens in every form of organized sport. A particular team's ability to capitalize on such plays determines any game's outcome. As a coach I have become regimented to believe this to be 100% fact. Fans will most times see it as a slight and their own team being shafted but reality speaks otherwise. Pointing blame is always easier than eating it.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Every team will get calls that one way or another seem biased or slanted. It happens in every form of organized sport. A particular team's ability to capitalize on such plays determines any game's outcome. As a coach I have become regimented to believe this to be 100% fact. Fans will most times see it as a slight and their own team being shafted but reality speaks otherwise. Pointing blame is always easier than eating it.
Mmmm....blame...can't talk, eating....yum yum yum

Old
04-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Tim Wallach

This is all a bit silly to me. I must be out to lunch because I watched that from ice level and thought the game story was pretty clear:

- Both teams came out relatively strong. Kitchener showed a bit more urgency around the net and got rewarded.

- Kitchener then fell back a bit into their usual reactionary mode and London shortened the bench and started chipping away a bit. But chances were still relatively even.

- By the third period, Kitchener's ultra-short bench started leading to fatigue-related mistakes and unforced errors and London tied it.

- In OT Kitchener was completely panicked and reactionary and it was just a matter of time until London scored. Poor Gibson.

Bottom line: It was a relatively even game until OT when London really took over. But it was also a typical Kitchener game where the legs didn't move for a full 60 minutes and their plan to protect a lead involved way too much watching and panic plays.

Oh, and despite some bickering each way, the officiating really wasn't the issue any more than any of these other factors. If you play not to lose, guess what happens.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
This is all a bit silly to me. I must be out to lunch because I watched that from ice level and thought the game story was pretty clear:

- Both teams came out relatively strong. Kitchener showed a bit more urgency around the net and got rewarded.

- Kitchener then fell back a bit into their usual reactionary mode and London shortened the bench and started chipping away a bit. But chances were still relatively even.

- By the third period, Kitchener's ultra-short bench started leading to fatigue-related mistakes and unforced errors and London tied it.

- In OT Kitchener was completely panicked and reactionary and it was just a matter of time until London scored. Poor Gibson.

Bottom line: It was a relatively even game until OT when London really took over. But it was also a typical Kitchener game where the legs didn't move for a full 60 minutes and their plan to protect a lead involved way too much watching and panic plays.

Oh, and despite some bickering each way, the officiating really wasn't the issue any more than any of these other factors. If you play not to lose, guess what happens.
Excellent breakdown, I completely agree.
Poor Gibson indeed...he has been amazing; with an average goalie in net this series would be over already.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Excellent breakdown, I completely agree.
Poor Gibson indeed...he has been amazing; with an average goalie in net this series would be over already.

Thanks.
And yes, I totally agree. Gibson is amazing. Without him, it gets way worse.

And kudos to Stolarz. He got much stronger after the early onslaught, which is tough for a goalie in hostile territory.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:28 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Thanks.
And yes, I totally agree. Gibson is amazing. Without him, it gets way worse.

And kudos to Stolarz. He got much stronger after the early onslaught, which is tough for a goalie in hostile territory.
The big glove save in the 2nd was the turning point for Stolarz.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:33 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
The big glove save in the 2nd was the turning point for Stolarz.
I liked it better when Holmgren was there in game 3. Just the thought of the Flyers and the goalie turned to the stuff you wipe off your shoe.

As for the game, crappy calls go both ways but I have to admit that I've never seen such a blatant pick well away from the play be completely disregarded. London took advantage of it, but the officials should be ashamed at their shoddy performance. It was a blown call that may have changed the outcome of a playoff series. Having said that, Kitchener stopped skating and London stepped it up a notch. If Kitchener had won, it would have been on the back of Gibson and hanging on for dear life.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Sec108

Maybe its true that Kitts stopped skating and London would have one anyway, but think of this.....if that blatant interf. is called the Rangers go on the PP and it breaths life into them and they score.That call is a game changer.Spott should be taking the officials over the coals for this.The league needs new officials or train them better.Tickets are not cheap and fans deserve better if were going to continue to support our teams.My support is more and more in question.Maybe team owners should start to do something collectivley to stop the revenue drain that could be coming if the perception of the league over bad calls like this continues.Alot of fans Ive talked to have had it with this crap.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:51 PM
bobber

The fourth game in a series is the hardest to win. I hope the Rangers go into London's barn and leave it all on the ice. They could have won the game yesterday just as easily as the Knights with the right bounces. I predict a win tomorrow for the Rangers and we are back in the Aud where we rock another win and tie the series.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:02 AM
BenchedGuy

Does anyone know/remember which draftees were introduced on the video board during game 4? I know one was Michael Davies and thought I heard the other was a 10th rounder but dont know which one. Just wondering who made the visit so we can anticipate seeing them at mini camp next month.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:10 AM
bobber

The other kids were Doug Blaisdell the big American D taken 3rd and the other was one of Mark Bzowey or James Mense Dietrich both taken in the 7th. I think it was Bzowey.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:13 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
The other kids were Doug Blaisdell the big American D taken 3rd and the other was one of Mark Bzowey or James Mense Dietrich both taken in the 7th. I think it was Bzowey.
It was Bzowey (can't wait to hear Schneider with his name on the PA). Nice to see those kids, plus the Kitchener kid excited about being drafted by the Rangers.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:30 AM
BenchedGuy

Thanks Bobber and CG....appreciate it. Glad to see Blaisdell here already for a visit. We took alot of flyers on some talented American kids that I dont see reporting here but you never know. We should have roster spots open next year for the 16 / 17 year olds.

Oh and man did I miss Dave Schneider on Wednesday nights game. I was not impressed with the fill in guy. When our home town announcer says that "Tobeeias Rieder" scored, you know there were going to be issues.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:06 PM
bobber

About 99% Blaisdale is here.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Tim Wallach

Blaisdell will be here. The other American kids are almost all at least a year or two away if ever. I think Henderson comes for 2014-2015.

And when I saw the picture on the scoreboard, I thought someone's kid was asking a Ranger for an autograph. Turns out it was Bzowey.

Last edited by Tim Wallach: 04-12-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 04:15 PM
bobber

From Brown's blog:
The Rangers also drafted three high profile players headed to the U.S. national team development program in Jeremy Bracco, Luke Opilka and Charles McAvoy. That usually means a commitment of at least a year. But I'm being told that at least one, or more, may actually end up in Kitchener next year.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
bobber

I never get as excited about draft picks as I use to. They sound great when you read scouting reports but its a big step up to the O. Spott also is notorious for not developing rookies in the first year and many are lucky to see much ice in the second. Just not that great a record for developing young players.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:15 PM
bidzey

the officiating in the OHL is so lousy, it's not even funny! Domi put himself offside by a mile on that empty net goal.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Snippit

It was an entertaining series, for sure. You guys were in every game, and gave the Knights just about all they could handle.

For me, seeing the Knights and Rangers clash never gets old. I'm sure the Rangers won't spend long rebuilding before these two teams meet deep in the playoffs again.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
the officiating in the OHL is so lousy, it's not even funny! Domi put himself offside by a mile on that empty net goal.
so you're ignoring what Iafrate did afterwards?

Old
04-12-2013, 09:52 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
so you're ignoring what Iafrate did afterwards?
what happened there anyways? but really... the whistle should've been blown, I don't get your comment, it's totally unrelated to the play being offside.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:09 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
what happened there anyways? but really... the whistle should've been blown, I don't get your comment, it's totally unrelated to the play being offside.
Basically Domi did a little celebration fist pump thing after he got the goal and Iafrate got pissed off and wailed on him a bit.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:12 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:

Dick move by Iafrate IMO.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
You're complaining about the officiating being lousy (which to be fair, it is) and acting like what I assumed was another ranger fan buying into the conspiracy that the hunters have the refs in their pocket, and yet nothing about Iafrate. My apologies if you aren't complaining about that after all. To be fair there were a lot of non calls on both teams.

Closed Thread