HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Winger Depth in St. Louis

Old
12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post

I like Bartschi...but he's not on the level of Tarasenko, who's among the leading scorers in the K.

And on Gaudreau's best day maybe he could be considered a wash with Schwartz...but no way does he have the edge. Gaudreau makes Schwartz look like power-forward, btw. And is that Greg Nemisz that you're touting? How much longer is he really going to be considered a prospect? Hasn't he officially entered 'suspect' category?
Personally while Schwarz is good, I think Gaudreau is better in terms of ceiling. I've followed him a bit because one of my friends was really close to his sister and they are basically achieving the same things. Schwarz is much closer to NHL ready obviously but Gaudreau at his current rate is going to be above Schwarz's totals as 1.3 vs 1.6 ppg.

Nemisz v Jaskin, I haven't actually watched Jaskin but Nemisz is basically a 3rd/4th line NHLer while Jaskin is still in juniors so its arguable that Nemisz is more likely to be an NHLer at this point than Jaskin. He isn't "suspect" to say, its just that he likely is no more than a 3rd/4th liner because he has those qualities of a depth player.

To be honest, the only reason why I'm really debating this is because of the tone of OP whom basically outed every other team's winger prospects. I wouldn't have disputed it otherwise since I do very much like the Blue's winger prospects haha.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Bluesnatic27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
OP inciting troll response almost lol. But anyways I can play this from a Flames perspective.

Bartschi = Tarasenko
Gaudreau > Schwarz
Ferland < Rattie
Nemisz = Jaskin
I want to help you out here by saying that you are going to get a lot of hate for saying this

Also, The Schwartz and Gaudreau thing is going to stir up a lot of activity as well, just a fair warning

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:57 PM
JAS 39 Gripen

What about Capitals top 4:

Kuznetsov
Forsberg
Wilson
Galiev

?

JAS 39 Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:36 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I want to help you out here by saying that you are going to get a lot of hate for saying this

Also, The Schwartz and Gaudreau thing is going to stir up a lot of activity as well, just a fair warning
Thanks for the warning kind sir

Going to go put on my flame retardant suit on now haha

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:36 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I've never been big on Palmieri, for one reason or another. I really like Etem, but I think he and Schwartz basically cancel eachother out. I like Rattie more than KP, but even if you cancel the two of them out that leaves arguably the best prospect in the NHL for STL.
i'd be interested in your reasoning here, Wagner and Schwartz were pretty equal in NCAA and they're about the same age

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:20 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
OP inciting troll response almost lol. But anyways I can play this from a Flames perspective.

Bartschi = Tarasenko
Gaudreau > Schwarz
Ferland < Rattie
Nemisz = Jaskin
I'm a very big fan of 3 of those Flames prospect but at least 3/4 of those are in St. Louis' favor.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Leafs For Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS 39 Gripen View Post
What about Capitals top 4:

Kuznetsov
Forsberg
Wilson
Galiev

?
If Kuznetsov is considered to be a winger, then yup I'd say Caps take the cake.
Kuz=Tar
Fors>Schwartz
Wilson=Rattie
Galiev>Jaskin

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote