HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

27 dead, including 18 kids, in Connecticut elementary school shooting

Old
12-14-2012, 02:47 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
CNN had said about 10 minutes ago that it's believed that the Mother was the primary target. I wouldn't be surprised if they twist it all up and say he had some "sick obsession" with her... or that she had an affair.

As disgusted as I am with the shooter, part of me feels disgusted with the media for the way they're going at this. I know they're just doing their jobs... but there is really no need whatsoever to interview the children. These kids are 4-8 years old, they don't understand what's going on.. or just how lucky they are to be alive. Let their parents tell them what happened WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. Don't stick a microphone in front of their face, put them on live TV, and ask them questions they have no idea how to answer.

My heart genuinely hurts right now. May those lost Rest in Peace..

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:47 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aura View Post
Who ****ing cares. Regardless, he got the easy way out. He should have been locked in a cage and have a limb cut off for each life he took.
I'm sure all of the families of the surviving children care if their was a police officer who saved their kids lives.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:48 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 500
This just really shows how pointless the NHL Lockout is

really puts things in perspective makes me wanna go be with my whole family right now and tell them i love them

such a sad day for all of us

99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Augscura

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
I'm sure all of the families of the surviving children care if their was a police officer who saved their kids lives.
The police don't enter the school. It was the teachers and kids that probably saved their own lives.

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:51 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

There are really no words at how disgusting, how cowardly, and just how depraved an individual has to be to do something like this. None.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Eventually we'll find out, but right now I think this shouldn't be a concern. I'm sure a finalised report and full details will be released tomorrow at the latest.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Franck
Insolent Upstart

As good a time as any to bring out this again:

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:52 PM
markrander87

http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy...undman-2012-12

Here's what we know about the gunman (or gunmen) so far:

• CBS identified the shooter as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, but The New York Post reports the shooter was 20-year-old Adam Lanza. (The wrong Ryan Lanza may have been pictured on CBS and Fox.)

• The gunman was reportedly wearing all black, a mask and a bullet-proof vest while carrying Glock and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun. Officials tell CBS News that a .223 caliber rifle was found in his car, and that all of the guns were legally purchased by Ryan Lanza.

• NBC reports that the gunman shot and killed his mother, who was a kindergarten teacher at the school, at the scene. The shooter died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the kindergarten classroom after firing dozens of rounds in two rooms.

• USA Today reports that the police searched a home in the Sandy Hook part of Newtown, owned by Lanza's parents, and found reportedly the body of Lanza's father.

• A senior law enforcement official tells CNN says one of the brothers of the shooter was found dead in a home searched in Hoboken, New Jersey.

• An official tells AP that the girlfriend and friend of Ryan Lanza are missing in New Jersey.

• AP reports that the suspect 's brother is being held. It's not clear if the brother was the person found in the woods near the school wearing camouflage pants and a black jacket who told parents at the scene that he "did not do it." The New York Post says the brother — who they identify as Ryan as opposed to Adam — is not a suspect.

• Authorities are “not locked in on the idea that this is the act of one single shooter.”

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:53 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Eventually we'll find out, but right now I think this shouldn't be a concern. I'm sure a finalised report and full details will be released tomorrow at the latest.
I agree. I didn't know if they had released it yet. I just don't think that this kind of detail is a "who ****ing cares?" detail.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:54 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aura View Post
The police don't enter the school. It was the teachers and kids that probably saved their own lives.
One of the teachers locked her/himself and a child in a bathroom. When the child asked what was going on after hearing the first gunshots, the teacher said that "someone was using a hammer in the hallway.". Amazing job by the teacher, thinking on his/her feet in such a serious situation. Keeping the child safe and calm was what they needed to do, and they did it.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
CNN had said about 10 minutes ago that it's believed that the Mother was the primary target. I wouldn't be surprised if they twist it all up and say he had some "sick obsession" with her... or that she had an affair.

As disgusted as I am with the shooter, part of me feels disgusted with the media for the way they're going at this. I know they're just doing their jobs... but there is really no need whatsoever to interview the children. These kids are 4-8 years old, they don't understand what's going on.. or just how lucky they are to be alive. Let their parents tell them what happened WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. Don't stick a microphone in front of their face, put them on live TV, and ask them questions they have no idea how to answer.

CBS was speculating she was his first victim, as they found a body in what they believe was his house.

Absolute tragedy, and I feel for all those families. What a way to usher in Christmas.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:

That's why I'm completely avoiding the news right now. Its a ****ing frenzy and all you people bloodthirsty for information are feeding it.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Augscura

Quote:
One of the teachers locked her/himself and a child in a bathroom. When the child asked what was going on after hearing the first gunshots, the teacher said that "someone was using a hammer in the hallway.". Amazing job by the teacher, thinking on his/her feet in such a serious situation. Keeping the child safe and calm was what they needed to do, and they did it.
Doesn't surprise me, this is columbine all over again. The teachers and kids are the heroes here. But the police will act like they were the heroes and saved lives yet not one entered the school, it was now confirmed that the shooter killed himself (because apparently that matters to some people)

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 750
rip

njdevscup30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Six adults, 20 children and the shooter were killed. Eighteen students were pronounced dead at the scene, and two others died at the hospital, said Lt. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police. The six adults died at the scene.

So many pronounced dead at the scene. Just sickening.

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:59 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy...undman-2012-12

Here's what we know about the gunman (or gunmen) so far:

• CBS identified the shooter as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, but The New York Post reports the shooter was 20-year-old Adam Lanza. (The wrong Ryan Lanza may have been pictured on CBS and Fox.)

• The gunman was reportedly wearing all black, a mask and a bullet-proof vest while carrying Glock and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun. Officials tell CBS News that a .223 caliber rifle was found in his car, and that all of the guns were legally purchased by Ryan Lanza.

• NBC reports that the gunman shot and killed his mother, who was a kindergarten teacher at the school, at the scene. The shooter died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the kindergarten classroom after firing dozens of rounds in two rooms.

• USA Today reports that the police searched a home in the Sandy Hook part of Newtown, owned by Lanza's parents, and found reportedly the body of Lanza's father.

• A senior law enforcement official tells CNN says one of the brothers of the shooter was found dead in a home searched in Hoboken, New Jersey.

• An official tells AP that the girlfriend and friend of Ryan Lanza are missing in New Jersey.

• AP reports that the suspect 's brother is being held. It's not clear if the brother was the person found in the woods near the school wearing camouflage pants and a black jacket who told parents at the scene that he "did not do it." The New York Post says the brother — who they identify as Ryan as opposed to Adam — is not a suspect.

• Authorities are “not locked in on the idea that this is the act of one single shooter.”
So there are still two accomplices who may be connected with all of this still "missing" somewhere in NJ?

flyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:00 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
CBS was speculating she was his first victim, as they found a body in what they believe was his house.

Absolute tragedy, and I feel for all those families. What a way to usher in Christmas.
I'm not sure what to believe right now. So many reports from various networks. Some say she was found in the house, others say it was the father in the house and the mother was killed at school. Some show the wrong picture of Ryan. It's not their fault though, they're just trying to give the news reported to them.

We'll find out what happened either later on today, or tomorrow.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I would hate to be the first responders to this. Ugh They are going to need years of therapy. Walking into a school and seeing those poor kids.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Riverdale

Quote:

Media needs to glorify these sick ****s. They are making these lunatics infamous.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:02 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
I'm not sure what to believe right now. So many reports from various networks. Some say she was found in the house, others say it was the father in the house and the mother was killed at school. Some show the wrong picture of Ryan. It's not their fault though, they're just trying to give the news reported to them.

We'll find out what happened either later on today, or tomorrow.
It is their fault to speculate things before confirming them. They could potentially screw up someone's life because they have the same name as someone else.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
So there are still two accomplices who may be connected with all of this still "missing" somewhere in NJ?
Accomplices? Or 2 more victims?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Media needs to glorify these sick ****s. They are making these lunatics infamous.
I wish we could fine anyone trying to make a quick buck off of this (media, press) and give them a thousand paper cuts. This idiot and the idiot that shot up Aurora, CO need to never be remembered at all.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
It is their fault to speculate things before confirming them. They could potentially screw up someone's life because they have the same name as someone else.
Or they could be making that innocent with the same name rich...

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:04 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Accomplices? Or 2 more victims?
I don't know. Seems like the brother was found dead in NJ. I just assumed the shooter in CT wasn't the same person who killed the brother in NJ, but, I just wanted to make sure all of the people involved in this have been apprehended or accounted for.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:05 PM
GoSensGo765
BELIEVE!

RIP to all the victims. I feel sick to my stomach that not only do these things keep happening but now innocent youg children are targeted. There really are no words to describe how incredibly sad this is. Especially around the holidays when most parents already had their homes decorated and put presents under the trees. This a major issue that needs to be addresses in the States. And while the media obviously shouldn't play this up, of course we know that's exactly what will happen.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote