HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > IIHF World Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
IIHF World Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Canada 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 12:04 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH15 View Post
I've thrown multiple line combos together just for fun and I've made one that really stands out to me that doesn't get much talk. I find moving Scheifele to # 2 C can really open up some options to give us three LETHAL lines, and a 4th line that will incredibly hard to play against:

MacKinnon - RNH - Huberdeau
Drouin - Scheifele - Rattie
Hudon - Strome - Ritchie
Camara - Jenner - Danault
Lipon

I know the first line is likely to be Scheifele/RNH/Huberdeau and that dropping Strome to 3rd centre seems obsurd but man, these lines look pretty lethal to me.

I like it

Old
12-17-2012, 12:04 PM
wings5

Quote:
I've thrown multiple line combos together just for fun and I've made one that really stands out to me that doesn't get much talk. I find moving Scheifele to # 2 C can really open up some options to give us three LETHAL lines, and a 4th line that will incredibly hard to play against:

MacKinnon - RNH - Huberdeau
Drouin - Scheifele - Rattie
Hudon - Strome - Ritchie
Camara - Jenner - Danault
Lipon

I know the first line is likely to be Scheifele/RNH/Huberdeau and that dropping Strome to 3rd centre seems obsurd but man, these lines look pretty lethal to me.
I really like these lines actually, except Hubs would be at LW instead of RW wing naturally, would switch with MacKinnon. I can see the D looking like this to start:

Reilly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellet
Reinhart-Wotherspoon (shutdown pair )
Murphy

On the pp Murphy could form the first pairing with Hamilton and Ouellet with Reilly on the other.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:15 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

I also like:

Huberdeau - RNH - MacKinnon
Drouin - Strome - Scheifele
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Camara - Danault - Ritchie
Lipon

Keeps RNH, Huberdeau, Strome and Scheifele playing together in the top-6, and I think Drouin would shine on Strome's line.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:42 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
On the pp Murphy could form the first pairing with Hamilton and Ouellet with Reilly on the other.
If they were smart, the #1PP unit would be with RNH running it like he does on the Oilers, imo.

RNH on the halfboards, Murphy on the point, Scheifele across from RNH in Eberle's spot, Huberdeau in Hall's spot beside the net on the same side as RNH and one of the big guys in front of the net.

--------------net-----------------
---------big guy-----Huberdeau
-----------------------------------
Scheifele-------------------------
------------------------------RNH
------------Murphy---------------

Old
12-17-2012, 12:47 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
I also like:

Huberdeau - RNH - MacKinnon
Drouin - Strome - Scheifele
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Camara - Danault - Ritchie
Lipon

Keeps RNH, Huberdeau, Strome and Scheifele playing together in the top-6, and I think Drouin would shine on Strome's line.
Wow that looks amazing. Love this lineup.

12-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Kid Dynamite
5 14 6 1

vCash: 835
I have posted this in a previous thread but since we are discussing alternative lines combos I will throw this one out again.

MacKinnon - RNH - Rattie
Huberdeau - Strome - Ritchie
Hudon / Drouin - Scheifele - Lipon
Hudon / Camara - Jenner - Danault
Camara is 13th forward if Drouin slots into 3rd line / Drouin is 13th forward if Hudon slots into 3rd line.

I think this line up would bring a lot of balance to the team overall. Good luck generating offense against a Hudon - Jenner - Danault line. As for Drouin - Scheifele - Lipon, I think Scheifele and Lipon could shelter Drouin somewhat on the defensive side, both Lipon and Scheifele could keep up with Drouin in the offensive zone.

The only problem I have with this is the top line may end up being a little too weak, would probably juggle then lines if we were down a goal which isn't always ideal.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:53 PM
SH15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
If they were smart, the #1PP unit would be with RNH running it like he does on the Oilers, imo.

RNH on the halfboards, Murphy on the point, Scheifele across from RNH in Eberle's spot, Huberdeau in Hall's spot beside the net on the same side as RNH and one of the big guys in front of the net.

--------------net-----------------
---------big guy-----Huberdeau
-----------------------------------
Scheifele-------------------------
------------------------------RNH
------------Murphy---------------
Complete with diagram! Sickkkkkkkkkk!! Big guy could be Ritchie. He can peel off and let rockets go too.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:13 PM
ThunderColt

To all those saying Nugent-Hopkins isnt vocal enough to be captain, do you ever stop and think it's not how much someone talks but instead what they say when they do?

Old
12-17-2012, 01:52 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
I have posted this in a previous thread but since we are discussing alternative lines combos I will throw this one out again.

MacKinnon - RNH - Rattie
Huberdeau - Strome - Ritchie
Hudon / Drouin - Scheifele - Lipon
Hudon / Camara - Jenner - Danault
Camara is 13th forward if Drouin slots into 3rd line / Drouin is 13th forward if Hudon slots into 3rd line.

I think this line up would bring a lot of balance to the team overall. Good luck generating offense against a Hudon - Jenner - Danault line. As for Drouin - Scheifele - Lipon, I think Scheifele and Lipon could shelter Drouin somewhat on the defensive side, both Lipon and Scheifele could keep up with Drouin in the offensive zone.

The only problem I have with this is the top line may end up being a little too weak, would probably juggle then lines if we were down a goal which isn't always ideal.
I like the idea of teaming up Rattie with RNH. I'd probably leave Huberdeau as their left winger.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
They are sheltered NHL players. Even Nugent-Hopkins last year was given very soft minutes and matchups so as to not overwhelm him in his first NHL season. If you think Scheifele and Strome are true stand alone top six NHLers, I'd say take a look at what Niederreiter did to this tournament and then was thrown in the deep in with the Islanders. Or how about Josh Bailey? The Islanders have thrown their prospects into the deep end and shown that when you do that with 18 to 19 year old kids they often suck down more water than is healthy.
RNH, Strome, Scheifele are not at this tournament normally, neither is Yakupov. The caliber is closer to the NHL this year because the top guys are not with their respective NHL teams. Remember this lineup? http://proicehockey.about.com/od/int...nior_canad.htm
We are saying the same thing. I was just stating the fact that we would not have the same team if the NHL wasn't in lockout.

The argument here was that RNH should be running circle against the junior guys who may not be physically as strong but in terms of speed are right there. It's not like a video game where +10 to speed makes you go twice as fast on the screen. That's why RNH, even in a weak year, would NOT be running circles against that kind of competition. This is hockey, a team sport, who knows how others will be able to play with RNH and make use of his "NHL-level skills" whatever that means. That's why I think Mckinnon won't be 13th forward for long....

Old
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Leafidelity
Soon™

vCash: 1775
PP lines, per Mark Masters ‏

Quote:
@markhmasters
Unsurprisingly Canada's top PP unit is Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele w/ Rielly-Hamilton; 2nd unit: Drouin-Strome-Rattie/Ritchie w/ Murphy, Ouellet

Last edited by Leafidelity: 12-17-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Leafidelity
Soon™

vCash: 1775
PK lines

Quote:
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Canada's PK units today: Hudon-Jenner w/ Harrington-Ouellet & Camara-Danault w/ Wotherspoon-Reinhart

Old
12-17-2012, 03:06 PM
NaughtyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
I find it surprising that Scheifele gets the nod on the 1st PP over Strome. Strome is much more offensively gifted, but perhaps it was to allow Strome-Ritchie to be on a PP line together.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:06 PM
newfy

Quote:
Those are pretty close to what I guessed, wish I could find where I posted mine to see how close they are but with 5 threads now its tough haha. It looks like Ouellet is going to eat up a tonne of ice time on this team which is awesome.

Also find it funny that Murphy is on the second PP considering how sure some posters were that he would be playing 2 minutes on the power play. Not all that surprised Hamilton and Rielly are ahead of him

Old
12-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
RNH, Strome, Scheifele are not at this tournament normally, neither is Yakupov. The caliber is closer to the NHL this year because the top guys are not with their respective NHL teams. Remember this lineup? http://proicehockey.about.com/od/int...nior_canad.htm
We are saying the same thing. I was just stating the fact that we would not have the same team if the NHL wasn't in lockout.

The argument here was that RNH should be running circle against the junior guys who may not be physically as strong but in terms of speed are right there. It's not like a video game where +10 to speed makes you go twice as fast on the screen. That's why RNH, even in a weak year, would NOT be running circles against that kind of competition. This is hockey, a team sport, who knows how others will be able to play with RNH and make use of his "NHL-level skills" whatever that means. That's why I think Mckinnon won't be 13th forward for long....
From what I can tell I think we are in agreement.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:11 PM
SH15

I would start Murphy on the PP so he can get the hell off halfway through and not get caught out there 5 on 5 when the PP expires.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:42 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
I would start Murphy on the PP so he can get the hell off halfway through and not get caught out there 5 on 5 when the PP expires.

Come on guys, Murphy hate here is almost ridiculous.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:46 PM
PhilaFlyers

Would Nick Cousins have had a shot at making this team if it wasn't for his off ice troubles?

Old
12-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Snippit

He might have had an invite to camp, but I don't see where he fits in the lineup.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Would Nick Cousins have had a shot at making this team if it wasn't for his off ice troubles?
Doubt it.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Quote:
PK lines

Wow Ouellet will have alot of icetime!!!

Old
12-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Snippit

Those are the perfect special teams units. No doubt about it.

2nd PP unit is interchangeable, however.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Would have had to beat out Danault or MacKinnon probably. Really unlikely. Good player who could have made a non-lockout team without his off-ice issues.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:22 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Anyone know when the exhibition games are played?

Old
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Wow Ouellet will have alot of icetime!!!
Nothing surprising. He's the 2nd most versatile D, behind Hamilton.

Closed Thread