HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

[POOL] Canada4Gold WJC Pool (#3)

Old
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Snippit

vCash: 500
Sent you a PM, Canada

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:39 PM
leafsfan1990

I'll take Boone Jenner and Sebastian Collberg

leafsfan1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Canada4Gold

Snippit selects Dmirij Jaskin from the Czech Republic

HighLifeMan you're up, will send a PM now

Canada4Gold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
FUUUU that was my pick! Damnn!

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Canada4Gold

yeah he was on my radar too, as was Collberg, but we can't have everybody, I still have a couple guys in mind who I hope stays there until my pick

Old
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Trvp Lord

Same here.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Canada4Gold

HighLifeMan was here for 20 minutes after I made Snippit's pick, and now he's not here, that's weird, I PMed him, maybe he didn't get it

Old
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
I select Jonathan Drouin. PM Sent.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Snippit

Dang, I wish I was at least 8th overall. I could have landed Galchenyuk.

My roster so far:

-Hamilton
-Mackinnon
-Hertl
-Jaskin

I expect Hertl to pick up a good 7 points, same with Jaskin. Maybe 5 for Mac, and another 5 for Dougie.

Right now, I envy Canada's roster. Grigs, Kucherov and Barkov? Nice.

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Right now, I envy Canada's roster. Grigs, Kucherov and Barkov? Nice.
I'm liking my roster atm, but things could change. Russia is in a tough group, the top teams in the other group could put up some serious points.

I find picking non Canadians helps, many people pick a lot of Canadians but besides those taken maybe in the first 2 round many won't be getting top minutes and power play time so I try to stick to taking people from other top teams who will be getting that time.

Worked well for me last year, we'll see if it does this time around.

I like your roster, Hamilton could put up some serious point, I feel like Canada's PP is gonna score a lot and Hamilton is gonna be a big part of that, if he's getting the goals is a bonus point for a PPG. If Mackinnon starts as the 13th forward he won't be there for long, I see him on the 2nd line very quickly, if not he'll be with Drouin on the 3rd line, and they'll put up points together no doubt. The Czech's are in the weak group, and you probably got their 2 top scorers, that's gonna be tough to compete with.

It all goes sour with an injury though, and those can happen at any time.

Old
12-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I was hoping to get my next two picks in tonight. I likely won't be able to make a pick tomorrow until around 1:00pm EST ish, so if it get's close I'll PM my list to Canada4Gold in the morning, if that's okay. I don't think it will get to that though.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I was hoping to get my next two picks in tonight. I likely won't be able to make a pick tomorrow until around 1:00pm EST ish, so if it get's close I'll PM my list to Canada4Gold in the morning, if that's okay. I don't think it will get to that though.
I was planning on picking tonight too. So lame.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:49 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Just autopick the rest of the ones for me. I don't mean to be a **** but I'm just not feeling it anymore.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Just autopick the rest of the ones for me. I don't mean to be a **** but I'm just not feeling it anymore.
If that's the way you're gonna be then fine, but you only have yourself to blame. You cannot expect to not show up for a day and us to be all patiently waiting. There were 100 picks to be made, we certainly can't be waiting a full day for someone, we'd never finish at that rate and the entire pool would be a total waste.

Do you seriously think we treated you unfairly or something? I think I made the rules clear faily early, we have 12 hours to pick(and I might add 12 hours is way longer than any of the other pools have been waiting, I've seen 6 hours, 8 hours, 3 hours, and 2 hours, 12 hours is bar far the most grace time anyone here has given). If you don't pick in the 12 hours we skip you. In this case we autopicked you Gibson(and from what you've said you haven't complained about that so I see no problem here), another couple hours passed before the pick came back to you. Sure we could have waited 12 hours, but is that really reasonable? Most of us were here waiting to pick, it was the middle of Sunday, a prime time to get much of the draft done, not waste the entire day waiting for someone to show when they haven't shown up in a day. Had you shown up inbetween it would have given hope that young might be here and we would have waited.

So at that point we would have skipped you, but it still being only round 3 I didn't see it as fair, and you(or anyone who replaced you if you didn't show up at all anymore) would be seriously disadvantaged if we went another round and a half until you next pick came and you still hadn't made your last pick. At this point I think most people running pools on HF would have said screw it and replaced you. I however decided to look for someone outside this pool to pick for you. Thus ensuring nobody here had any influence in giving you a player who they didn't want, or not giving you a player they wanted. You then showed up roughly 3 hours later and complained you would not have chosen Richie but instead Karlsson. Well had we skipped you Karlsson would have been gone anyway before you got here to pick him. Richie, based on the practices will be starting on Canada's 2nd line, he could very well put up just as many or more points than Karlsson. Even if he doesn't it's your fault, you weren't here, you cannot expect us to wait all day.

Even through all that, you only missed 2 picks, Only got 1 player you didn't want, and there's still plently of picks and players left, and you fell you've been treated unfairly, and are now going to kick up a little 10 year old hissy fit and quit? Well all the power to you, I don't want someone like that playing anyway.

I believe we treated you with nothing but fairness, and dragged you along longer than most people would, and if you don't see that I don't care. I think that pretty much everyone else here in this pool, and those running and competing in other pools would agree. You yourself said when you signed up you haven't played in one of these before, maybe you don't know what goes into it but you have to be very formal and strict to make sure it gets done properly, fairly and on time. Maybe you should try to run one of these pools and then you'd agree with me I don't know.

If you knew you weren't going to have the time to be here a couple times daily then maybe you shouldn't have signed up, or there was always the option of sending me a list and letting me pick for you like I have done with a couple others.

I feel like the guys on survivor being very blunt to Abi if anyone else watched that show

Ok guys, what should we do? Do we find another player? I'm not autopicking the entire draft for him, it's like having a ghost playing. I thought about just deleting his players and him and going with 9 people, and then possibly using the players he's already got as insurance if the lockout ends but there'd probably be 5 or 6 guys leaving if the lockout ends and as of now he only has 2 forwards so that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the guys who lose players due to the lockout enduing if it did

Old
12-17-2012, 01:41 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

No I don't. Relax. I take full responsibility. I know it's my own fault, I just really don't feel like continuing. If it means THAT much to you I'll continue making picks. It's nothing personal, I just feel a bit disillusioned with the whole thing as it is.

EDIT: All right. I'll continue.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Canada4Gold

ok thats better then. It felt like you were taking a shot at me as if I'd treated you unfairly.

I don't think you got a bad deal actually. It seems you would have picked Gibson anyway, and if you ask me I value Richie more than I value Karlsson.

If you are going to continue please try and make an effort to be here. Most of the picks we make seem to take place in the PM hours of the day, even if you only check in a couple times a day to see how close we are to you, and send in a list of players of length however many picks before you plus 1, and I can pick for you.(for example If there's 2 picks before you, then send 3 picks to ensure someone is left for me to pick for you).

I understand that people can't be here 24/7, that's why I gave a 12 hour window for picks, most people are able to check in a couple times a day. If you know in advance you're not going to be here then make plans so we can avoid a long break between picks. I don't mind waiting sometimes, these thing happen, it's understandable, as long as everyone is making an effort to ensure that there are as few extended breaks as possible then I'm perfectly happy, and if you do get caught in a situation where you get skipped or autopicked, I'd like for people to accept responsibility for that instead of coming back complaining, the rules were set in advance so people should expect that I follow them.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Statsy

Well said, Canada, well said.

Statsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Alivesi

vCash: 133
How has Markus Granlund not been picked yet? I'll pick him..

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Glory

I pick Martin Frk

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Canada4Gold

I really really really wanted Frk. Would have taken him with pick 26 but thought he would last till now, basically everyone taken since I picked last was on my radar

I'll take my 1st defenseman with Ryan Murphy

Old
12-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

I'll take Valeri Nichushkin.

If people can make it back to my turn in the next 40 minutes, that would be great, elsewise I'll PM my list to Canada4Gold to keep things moving while I'm gone for the rest of the morning.

PM sent.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Trvp Lord

I'll take USA forward, Rocco Grimaldi.

I'll send a PM soon.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Okay, I'm back early, so I'll be able to make my next draft choice.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:35 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

I guess I'll take Rikard Rakell. If he gets top 6 time he should post 6-7 points. Kid flies under the radar as a PPG two way player for Plymouth.

According to Swedish media coverage though it looks like he'll get top line time with Forsberg and Karlsson, so I'm pretty happy with that pick.

Last edited by DuckJet: 12-17-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old
12-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Canada4Gold

Man, I wanted Rakell too but figured he'd drop a bit furthur, I guess it's to be expected if he's getting top line minutes though.