HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the LIIIgue

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 06:56 PM
timw33

vCash: 500
NYR could start the season 0-2.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
NYR could start the season 0-2.
Still two periods left. They've had tough competition though. Boston yesterday and Pittsburgh to follow up.

I have no idea how they've been playing this game 'cause I'm not watching but they were awful yesterday (except for their goalie of course).

Old
01-20-2013, 07:00 PM
canuck4life16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Still two periods left. They've have tough competition though. Boston yesterday and Pittsburgh to follow up.

I have no idea how they've been playing this game 'cause I'm not watching but they were awful yesterday (except for their goalie of course).
I mean they have a lot of star power......richard, nash, and gabriok and still cannot get the job done.... And Lunquvist in net and solid Defenseman........

Old
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM
The Poacher

Somebody made the stop!!

Old
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
aandbreatheme

And Lundqvist is out of there...

Old
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
timw33

4-1 Sharks. Their top 6 is off to a great start. Wish we had the same depth up front.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:48 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
4-1 Sharks. Their top 6 is off to a great start. Wish we had the same depth up front.
Not to discredit them or anything, but they're playing against Calgary...

Old
01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Pseudonymous

man that sven baertschi is going to be one good player. thought he'd get one in his first game but hit the crossbar

Old
01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Phoenix-Chicago...what a great game so far(only started watching in 3rd period)

Old
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Gillis is hit/miss with the moves he makes. He draft record is terrible. He comes across as a complete *******. If the team completely falls off the map this year, I would not be sad to see him turfed.
Sabres fan here, in peace.

For as even as one part of the trade looks (Hodgson/Kassian swap).....

Sulzer. Holy crow. He's been mostly rock-solid since coming to Buffalo and has firmly implanted himself alongside Ehrhoff in our top 6. He's been a revelation. If he wasn't our best defenseman today, he was 2nd-best. I can't believe we got him for MAG.

Good luck this year, and here's hoping that Gillis doesn't completely punt this goalie issue of yours.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
StringerBell

Blackhawks are diving *****es. Would have loved to see Doan beat Oduya to a pulp there.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I would have loved us to have signed Doan. But, I'm also glad he's stayed with Phoenix. I'll be rooting for them from now on(unless they play us, of course).

Old
01-21-2013, 12:10 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
Sabres fan here, in peace.

For as even as one part of the trade looks (Hodgson/Kassian swap).....

Sulzer. Holy crow. He's been mostly rock-solid since coming to Buffalo and has firmly implanted himself alongside Ehrhoff in our top 6. He's been a revelation. If he wasn't our best defenseman today, he was 2nd-best. I can't believe we got him for MAG.

Good luck this year, and here's hoping that Gillis doesn't completely punt this goalie issue of yours.
Well there's my shock of the day.

He always looked calm in the very limited minutes he got, good on him for solidifying his spot.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

I actually was very annoyed we gave up Sulzer for practically nothing as the guy was extremely underrated. Great positionally in the defensive zone and had a cannon of a slapshot. I get really irritated with AV continually playing favorites.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
I actually was very annoyed we gave up Sulzer for practically nothing as the guy was extremely underrated. Great positionally in the defensive zone and had a cannon of a slapshot. I get really irritated with AV continually playing favorites.
I agree, we should have fired that clown a long time ago. If he didn't have Gillis to give him such a great team he wouldn't have a job right now. Still cannot believe we hired him over Crawford.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:35 AM
B-rock

Quote:
I never heard one player, or even one rumour of a player saying anything bad about Hodgson. I really think that Gillis is simply arrogant and wanted to prove a point that no one was going to tell him how to play his players.

Really, Gillis should have just told the father to get lost.........and dealt with it. The team is worse off due to Gillis' need to establish his position as the boss.

Gillis is hit/miss with the moves he makes. He draft record is terrible. He comes across as a complete *******. If the team completely falls off the map this year, I would not be sad to see him turfed.
Whatever. I suppose he was supposed to draft players that jumped into the league from day 1 even though he's drafting around 30th every year. Not to mention the team placed 1st overall 2 years in a row. But hey, lets not talk about results, lets talk about shoulda woulda coulda using hindsight about his draft record...which isn't lousy, but you'd only know that if you followed other teams in the league and didn't read the province. So much for that.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:37 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
I never heard one player, or even one rumour of a player saying anything bad about Hodgson. I really think that Gillis is simply arrogant and wanted to prove a point that no one was going to tell him how to play his players.

Really, Gillis should have just told the father to get lost.........and dealt with it. The team is worse off due to Gillis' need to establish his position as the boss.

Hodgson, Schroeder, Cannata, Jensen, Corrado, Gaunce etc. are all terrible then I guess.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:56 AM
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Hodgson, Schroeder, Cannata, Jensen, Corrado, Gaunce etc. are all terrible then I guess.
It might be too early to tell on most of those. So far, only Hodgson is the sure fire full time NHLer of all his picks. For a guy that preached putting resources into scouting and stockpiling his team with young talent, the Canucks may be more devoid of prospects than another other team (or at least right up there).

Old
01-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
It might be too early to tell on most of those. So far, only Hodgson is the sure fire full time NHLer of all his picks. For a guy that preached putting resources into scouting and stockpiling his team with young talent, the Canucks may be more devoid of prospects than another other team (or at least right up there).
Not having a full time NHLer other than Hodgson doesn't mean we're devoid of prospects. Red Wings are supposedly great at drafting and yet the only guy to make the NHL since 2006 is Brendan Smith (this season). And they haven't even been as good over the past 3 seasons.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:04 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
So what you really meant was that it's too early to make any sort of judgement on his drafting... gotcha.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:08 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

It's not a coincidence that the one draft where Gillis had a top 10 pick was the only one (so far) that has produced a regular NHLer.

Schroeder, Jensen and Gaunce were the other late first rounders, and I would say they are trending nicely.

Anyway, not really the appropriate thread for this.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:58 AM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
it's ok, it gave us room to sign barker

Old
01-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

How about Philadelphia getting off to an 0-2 start?

Thought they would at least beat the Sabres after losing a close one to the Pens.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
01-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Kesler is Bestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
How about Philadelphia getting off to an 0-2 start?

Thought they would at least beat the Sabres after losing a close one to the Pens.
Lots of roster turnover with Jagr, Carle, Van Riemsdyk gone. Also Briere is injured. Also apparently they got screwed by the officiating in their game with Buffalo today.
Btw if anyone saw the leafs game, how did Van Riemsdyk look in his leaf debut?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Tiranis

Just watching the Sabres game from yesterday and one thing stands out to me: Nicklas Grossmann is a horrible, plodding defenseman. 4 PIM, -1 and countless turnovers in the first two games with the Flyers.

Closed Thread