HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball
Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

[NYM/TOR] Dickey/Thole/Nickeas for D'Arnaud/Syndergaard/Buck/Becerra (done deal)

Old
01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Everybody said the same thing about Miami last year. The Rangers in the late 90's and the Yankees every year. It doesn't mean jack unless they can actually play together.

I agree with this.

I dont see a divsion winner with the crop of players the Jays have. Too many question marks and a history of injury. I see three teams clearly better, Boston, Tampa, and of course, the Yankees.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:12 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I agree with this.

I dont see a divsion winner with the crop of players the Jays have. Too many question marks and a history of injury. I see three teams clearly better, Boston, Tampa, and of course, the Yankees.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Martini must be thrilled someone else posted so he could continue his game.

Play on.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:10 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

telling someone to watch baseball tonight should be a bannable offense.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
BPR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
telling someone to watch baseball tonight should be a bannable offense.
I also like his idea that any analysis beyond what he provided is unreasonable for this forum. As if this section is supposed to be reserved for hockey fans who stumbled upon baseball news and wish to add their bland take on it.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
Humor it all you want, but on paper the Red Sox look a much better option to win the division then the Jays, even with all the moves the Jays made.

Right now, I would predict the division;

Yankees
Rays
Red Sox
O's
Jays

Old
01-23-2013, 06:01 PM
JaysCyYoung

The best troll.

JaysCyYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:28 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
I also like his idea that any analysis beyond what he provided is unreasonable for this forum. As if this section is supposed to be reserved for hockey fans who stumbled upon baseball news and wish to add their bland take on it.
no, you clearly don't understand.

they have to actually play the games to determine a winner.

that's the kind of analysis you get from john kruk over on baseball tonight.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Nazem Bozak

On paper, the Jays are probably the best team in baseball. but this is also a team built on boom or bust players, on paper there great, on the turf there is still a TON of questions. This is a team that can be the most dominating or the biggest flop. Have to wait and see. thy shouldn't be called winners or definite winners of anything yet.

Nazem Bozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:56 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

slow down!

i'm still trying to wrap my head around them not playing the games on paper!

Old
01-23-2013, 08:55 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Humor it all you want, but on paper the Red Sox look a much better option to win the division then the Jays, even with all the moves the Jays made.

Yankees
Rays
Red Sox
O's
Jays
I'm not even gonna bother anymore. If you really think that, you should probably quit watching baseball. Or actually, by the sound of your posts, it sounds like you never watched a single baseball game in your life.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazem Bozak View Post
On paper, the Jays are probably the best team in baseball. but this is also a team built on boom or bust players, on paper there great, on the turf there is still a TON of questions. This is a team that can be the most dominating or the biggest flop. Have to wait and see. thy shouldn't be called winners or definite winners of anything yet.
Toronto's version of martini!

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
I'm not even gonna bother anymore. If you really think that, you should probably quit watching baseball. Or actually, by the sound of your posts, it sounds like you never watched a single baseball game in your life.

Making a few trades for questionable talent doesnt make a team with a history of mediocrity suddenly that much better then the pack when;

1.) Those same players traded for are questionable
2.) The team in the first place was questionable.

Sad but true. There hasnt been a game played in MLB that was decided on paper or in the off season. The Marlins were in a similar position last year about this time and the great thing was those same players the Marlins aquired are doing it again this off season. I, see a trend. And the results last year were nothing positive.

Thats just from casual observation, of course.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:54 AM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:

Making a few trades for questionable talent doesnt make a team with a history of mediocrity suddenly that much better then the pack when;

1.) Those same players traded for are questionable
2.) The team in the first place was questionable.

Sad but true. There hasnt been a game played in MLB that was decided on paper or in the off season. The Marlins were in a similar position last year about this time and the great thing was those same players the Marlins aquired are doing it again this off season. I, see a trend. And the results last year were nothing positive.

Thats just from casual observation, of course.
Always brininging up the same points eh? There's no point wasting my time anyways. I just love when you comment because it brings a smile to my face.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

Yankees
Rays
Red Sox
O's
Jays
WOW last? HAHAHAHA get serious look at the hitters, the pitching staff rhis is world series or bust Last is impossible

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
WOW last? HAHAHAHA get serious look at the hitters, the pitching staff rhis is world series or bust Last is impossible
Hmm. Look at the basic mediocraty of the team, the inuries, and the teams that are still better then the Jays in that stacked division, and you see where they are right now, imo, a last place team.

Hyperbole is just that. And making trades just for the sake of making trades for pieces that were suppossed to bring the Marlins all sorts of winning yet failed in that reguard seems more like taking a bunch of another teams problems and marrying them with a rancid cast to begin with.

This isnt the Yankees, Rays or even the Red Sox.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Hmm. Look at the basic mediocraty of the team, the inuries, and the teams that are still better then the Jays in that stacked division, and you see where they are right now, imo, a last place team.

Hyperbole is just that. And making trades just for the sake of making trades for pieces that were suppossed to bring the Marlins all sorts of winning yet failed in that reguard seems more like taking a bunch of another teams problems and marrying them with a rancid cast to begin with.

This isnt the Yankees, Rays or even the Red Sox.
You don't get the difference. in Miami they WERE the core in Toronto they are not that is already in place with morrow, Jose, Lawrie, Remero even though he had a rough year, couple other guys. Reyes, JJ Mark Burhle are there to supplement the core not be the core.

Miami core built through free agency Toronto core built properly THAT is why Toronto will win when Miami didn't

Old
01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
JaysCyYoung

Just stop feeding him. Please.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
You don't get the difference. in Miami they WERE the core in Toronto they are not that is already in place with morrow, Jose, Lawrie, Remero even though he had a rough year, couple other guys. Reyes, JJ Mark Burhle are there to supplement the core not be the core.
What core? The same core that was on constant injured list all year and one of the bottom feeders of the East? And you are actually saying that the pitchers accumulated during the off season are just complementary pieces for a make shift rotation that was in a honest term pathetic?

Your "core" just got there and will pick up a bit of the slack for a round about team that had very little in terms of "core" and will now try to supplement themselves into what little bit was there before them with a history of being a non factor when they already had the albatross of being game breakers on them last year and failed miserably at it. Good luck with that when teams like the Yankees and Rays didnt have to go out and over haul themselves to try and keep up.
Quote:
Miami core built through free agency Toronto core built properly THAT is why Toronto will win when Miami didn't

Toronto built their suppossed core thru trades and free agent signings
Bautista- trade
Lawrie- trade
Morrow- trade
Miami trade
Mets trade

This isnt a home grown team, sorry. Not to mention how many free agents they have tried to get but were rebuffed for a better chance at winning. Trying to say the Marlins didnt do it the right way is kind of pointing the same finger at the Jays.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:38 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
What core? The same core that was on constant injured list all year and one of the bottom feeders of the East? And you are actually saying that the pitchers accumulated during the off season are just complementary pieces for a make shift rotation that was in a honest term pathetic?

Your "core" just got there and will pick up a bit of the slack for a round about team that had very little in terms of "core" and will now try to supplement themselves into what little bit was there before them with a history of being a non factor when they already had the albatross of being game breakers on them last year and failed miserably at it. Good luck with that when teams like the Yankees and Rays didnt have to go out and over haul themselves to try and keep up.

Toronto built their suppossed core thru trades and free agent signings
Bautista- trade
Lawrie- trade
Morrow- trade
Miami trade
Mets trade

This isnt a home grown team, sorry. Not to mention how many free agents they have tried to get but were rebuffed for a better chance at winning. Trying to say the Marlins didnt do it the right way is kind of pointing the same finger at the Jays.
jose grew into the player he is in toronto as to morrow, and Lawrie, then came the trades. can't wait for baseball season so that you can be proven wrong again when the jays dominate and the sox and yankees are complete failures

Old
01-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
jose grew into the player he is in toronto
Irrelevent. He was traded for- multiple times even.
Quote:
as to morrow, and Lawrie, then came the trades.
And have much the title as a core player as the ones just traded for.
Quote:
can't wait for baseball season so that you can be proven wrong again when the jays dominate and the sox and yankees are complete failures

I will bet you my nic here that the Jays are nowhere near the top of the East, nowhere in any type of post season, and end up either in last place or the same spot they festered last year.

Just log out and walk away. You up for the same bet?

Any and all?

Old
01-25-2013, 08:11 PM
JaysCyYoung

I would gladly take that bet. Martini has shown himself to be a thoroughly clueless and over-matched "evaluator" of talent on multiple occasions throughout the off-season. I would eagerly anticipate seeing him eat his words.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:12 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

*screengrabbed before martini can edit his post*

Old
01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Keep a running tab in this thread.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Irrelevent. He was traded for- multiple times even.

And have much the title as a core player as the ones just traded for.

I will bet you my nic here that the Jays are nowhere near the top of the East, nowhere in any type of post season, and end up either in last place or the same spot they festered last year.

Just log out and walk away. You up for the same bet?

Any and all?
just so i'm clear if you are wrong you never post here again correct?