HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

[NYM/TOR] Dickey/Thole/Nickeas for D'Arnaud/Syndergaard/Buck/Becerra (done deal)

Old
12-15-2012, 02:36 PM
PanthersPens62
$325 Million Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I wonder what Marlins fans are thinking right now.
http://forums.marlinsbaseball.com/to...ng-to-toronto/

Thread is pretty small now.....I imagine it will grow if/when trade becomes official. Personally, I am so at the point of apathy right now (after being so excited about the team and new park last year at this time) that I really don't have an opinion on this one.

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:44 PM
McTank

Synderguard part of deal, do not like this for the jays

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:54 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Synderguard part of deal, do not like this for the jays
i hear duda is most likely the other player heading to the jays

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:56 PM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
So many conflicting reports...

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:57 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

To all Toronto fans:

Having good prospects is nice to have, but at some point you have to be willing to part with the prospects in order to get better at the MLB level. Someone like Syndergaard is a great prospect, but you still have some darn good minor league pitchers. TDA is a tougher pill to swallow, especially because quality catching prospects are relatively rare, but to improve so much at the level that actually matters is what you should hope that your prospects do, irregardless of how that improvement happens. The Cardinals have done this often, whether trading for Holliday, Mulder (major bust there), or a variety of other people. And not even big name people; we traded Zach Cox for Edward Mujica last year who became an integral part of our bullpen in the near run to the World Series.

Last edited by bluesfan94: 12-15-2012 at 03:03 PM.
bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:12 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
i hear duda is most likely the other player heading to the jays
Mets reporter saying he is not included and he made a mistake

Old
12-15-2012, 03:22 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Stupid to give up D'Arnaud. Even more stupid to give up Syndergaard as well.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
I hate that the mets are getting such quality prospects in return, but after all they still are the mets...

856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:36 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
To all Toronto fans:

Having good prospects is nice to have, but at some point you have to be willing to part with the prospects in order to get better at the MLB level. Someone like Syndergaard is a great prospect, but you still have some darn good minor league pitchers. TDA is a tougher pill to swallow, especially because quality catching prospects are relatively rare, but to improve so much at the level that actually matters is what you should hope that your prospects do, irregardless of how that improvement happens. The Cardinals have done this often, whether trading for Holliday, Mulder (major bust there), or a variety of other people. And not even big name people; we traded Zach Cox for Edward Mujica last year who became an integral part of our bullpen in the near run to the World Series.
Best post in the thread. I mean Sox are a mess and Yanks have key injuries already. Tampa also delt Shields (likely good deal long term). This is a huge opportunity that you might not get again for awhile

King Mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
Yankees will not win the division, that's pretty obvious.
It isn't obvious at all, so that's a ridiculous statement. The Blue Jays are the favorites on paper and I do think they'll take the East, but the Yankees are still good enough to do it. Let's not pretend Toronto is some unstoppable juggernaut when they've yet to prove themselves on the field. Meanwhile the Yankees have missed the playoffs once since 1995. They aren't to be dismissed.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:17 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
I dont like any trade involving Dickey
Especially if it involves d'Arnaud.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:19 PM
seafoam
Players, please

vCash: 395
As a Mets fan my mind is spinning, I'm hoping we don't give up Davis.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:35 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
As a Mets fan my mind is spinning, I'm hoping we don't give up Davis.
The names being thrown around on the Jays side are fantastic prospects.

D'Arnaud is the topped ranked catching prospect. He put up similar(slightly better) numbers than Buster Posey all the way through the minors at the same age. He has posible future MVP type tallent.

Gose has a ceiling like Carl Crawford with better defense. He has an absolute cannon for an arm in the outfield and could throw a 97mph fastball in highschool. He has stolen 70+ bases twice in the minors on his way up.

Syndergaard is our #3 prospect and better than anyone we gave up in the Miami deal. He has a perfect pitchers frame. He has a high 90's FB with a + curve and led his league in strikes per 9 innings last season.

Who ever you guys end up getting back will be very good and will sting to lose from our end.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:35 PM
DatsyukianDeke*
Dangle Dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
It isn't obvious at all, so that's a ridiculous statement. The Blue Jays are the favorites on paper and I do think they'll take the East, but the Yankees are still good enough to do it. Let's not pretend Toronto is some unstoppable juggernaut when they've yet to prove themselves on the field. Meanwhile the Yankees have missed the playoffs once since 1995. They aren't to be dismissed.
It is pretty obvious they will not win the division. That's my opinion.

DatsyukianDeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:57 PM
McTank

If dickey and davis aquired:
Dickey
Morrow
Johnson
Romero
Buehrle

Reyes
Cabrera
Bautista
Encarnacion
Davis
Lawrie
Rasmus
Arencibia
Bonifacio

That is scary

Old
12-15-2012, 05:01 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

hell of competition in that division, oh boy.

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post

D'Arnaud is the topped ranked catching prospect. He put up similar(slightly better) numbers than Buster Posey all the way through the minors at the same age. He has posible future MVP type tallent.
First off, its laughable trying to compare a oft-injured prospect to a superstar in Posey. Second, when Posey was 23, he was winning ROY awards while TDA was getting back from another inury while in the minors. Two different players and more of a knock on Posey trying to lump him with somebody as questionable as TDA.

Now, onto this rumor,

If this is the best the Jays can muster for the poaching of their minor league ranks, they better hope there is some sort of magic left in a 38 year old arm that has had only one good season. These moves, if completed, scream some sort of desperation from the Jays, and even then still doesnt put them as anything more then an upgrade over the horrid team they put on the field last year.

Are they better then last year? Sure, but I still put them in last place if the season started tomorrow. This team still has a whole lot of holes.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:16 PM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
First off, its laughable trying to compare a oft-injured prospect to a superstar in Posey. Second, when Posey was 23, he was winning ROY awards while TDA was getting back from another inury while in the minors. Two different players and more of a knock on Posey trying to lump him with somebody as questionable as TDA.

Now, onto this rumor,

If this is the best the Jays can muster for the poaching of their minor league ranks, they better hope there is some sort of magic left in a 38 year old arm that has had only one good season. These moves, if completed, scream some sort of desperation from the Jays, and even then still doesnt put them as anything more then an upgrade over the horrid team they put on the field last year.

Are they better then last year? Sure, but I still put them in last place if the season started tomorrow. This team still has a whole lot of holes.
Well that's just not true.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:17 PM
DatsyukianDeke*
Dangle Dangle

Quote:

Now, onto this rumor,

is there a rofl smiley ?

DatsyukianDeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:17 PM
StringerBell

D'Arnaud has been compared to Posey for a while now. I'm not even sure if you believe what you're saying...

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Are they better then last year? Sure, but I still put them in last place if the season started tomorrow.

Canada4Gold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
D'Arnaud has been compared to Posey for a while now. I'm not even sure if you believe what you're saying...
Really? Is this while in the minors feasting on mediocre talent while getting over yet another injury or at the MLB level?

Curious

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:29 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:

Want to bet HF accounts on that???

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:29 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
is there a rofl smiley ?
He clearly doesn't follow baseball if he thinks Dickey has had one good year.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Get a real GM

vCash: 283
Martini is a troll. I don't get why you guys can't avoid him.

There are just too many separate rumors out there right now. My best guess is TDA + Syndergaard + Lind for Dickey + Davis + Thole.

That hurts a lot as a Jays fan, but the current roster would be too good to worry about that.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote