HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

[NYM/TOR] Dickey/Thole/Nickeas for D'Arnaud/Syndergaard/Buck/Becerra (done deal)

Old
12-15-2012, 05:32 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
First off, its laughable trying to compare a oft-injured prospect to a superstar in Posey. Second, when Posey was 23, he was winning ROY awards while TDA was getting back from another inury while in the minors. Two different players and more of a knock on Posey trying to lump him with somebody as questionable as TDA.

Now, onto this rumor,

If this is the best the Jays can muster for the poaching of their minor league ranks, they better hope there is some sort of magic left in a 38 year old arm that has had only one good season. These moves, if completed, scream some sort of desperation from the Jays, and even then still doesnt put them as anything more then an upgrade over the horrid team they put on the field last year.

Are they better then last year? Sure, but I still put them in last place if the season started tomorrow. This team still has a whole lot of holes.
Like???

Crystal Meth is one helluva drug....

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:37 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Martini is a troll. I don't get why you guys can't avoid him.

There are just too many separate rumors out there right now. My best guess is TDA + Syndergaard + Lind for Dickey + Davis + Thole.

That hurts a lot as a Jays fan, but the current roster would be too good to worry about that.
Mets are supposed to get 4 players

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:42 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Martini is a troll. I don't get why you guys can't avoid him.

There are just too many separate rumors out there right now. My best guess is TDA + Syndergaard + Lind for Dickey + Davis + Thole.

That hurts a lot as a Jays fan, but the current roster would be too good to worry about that.
Because he's an excellent troll who makes it look like he's actually discussing the subject.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:06 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets
Spoke to a Mets official involved in the trade discussions. He wasn't predicting a conclusion tonight: "There is a lot to this," he said.

12-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Like???

Literally only thing is a couple question marks in the bullpen, but with our starting rotation it's not a big deal

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
King Mapes
HF's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Well that's just not true.
Apparently only when you win a Cy Young you are good.

I like how he downplays TDA then downplays Dickey and how it's not a good deal. Also predicts they finish last in the division. I got the feeling he doesn't like the Jays

Johnson, Morrow, Dickey, Romero, Buehrle... Wow

King Mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Tony Romo

if it's 4 for 3

Jays Recieve:
Thole
Dickey
Davis

Mets Receive:
TDA
Syndergaard
Buck
Lind

my guess

Tony Romo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
King Mapes
HF's King

I'd be okay with that. We have pitching depth and heard Davis is pretty good

King Mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:06 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Really? Is this while in the minors feasting on mediocre talent while getting over yet another injury or at the MLB level?

Curious
The Buster Posey comparisons have been floating around ever since his 2011 season.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Like???

Do not feed

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:44 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
Can confirm rpt earlier from colleague @NYPost_Mets current construct of Dickey trade is 4-for-3 (Dickey, Thole, minor leaguer) #Mets (cont)

Could change because #Bluejays will likely send some $$ to #Mets to cover some cost of Buck, so could be another prospect rather than $$

But right now it's Dickey/Thole/prospect (told not elite) for d/Arnaud/Syndegaard/Buck/prospect (told not elite) #Mets #Bluejays

#Mets hoping this nets power rotation by '15 at latest of Harvey/Wheeler/Niese/Syndegaard caught by d'Arnaud. #Bluejays

#Bluejays view Dickey as capable pitch top rotation in AL and whether it's Wil Myers going to #Rays for Shields or d'Arnaud/Syndegaard (con)

We r seeing that cost to get aces in $$ in fr agcy or on trade market is very steep. #Mets #Bluejays

In current construct #Mets do not get '13 OF help in trade for Dickey, going to just patch for few $ in fr agcy or trade.

As wrote earlier #Bluejays see 3-yr window in which control hi-end prime players, haven't been to playoffs since '93. Feel if not now, when?

Keep in mind deal not final Physicals must be passed, #Bluejays will only complete with a Dickey 2-yr extension. But most legwork done #Mets

If this goes thru, Alderson will have cashed Beltran/Dickey into 3 Top 50 prospects: Wheeler/d'Arnaud/Syndergaard. #Mets #prettygood

Now #Mets fans don't want to hear this, but this means punting '13 pretty much, but it's what have to do for a better tomorrow (cont)

Plus even with Dickey do #Mets look like can outdo #Nationals #Braves #Phillies 4th place likely with/without Dickey/have to upgrade future

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1

Last edited by NYRFAN218: 12-15-2012 at 08:55 PM.
NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:59 PM
TootooTrain
-

D'arnaud and Syndergaard for Dickey and Thole is ridiculous. Reporters blowing smoke I hope.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:02 PM
darko

Steep price to pay but I can see why AA would do it. AL East is there for taking.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:06 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Steep price to pay but I can see why AA would do it. AL East is there for taking.
I'll give him that. If there was ever a time to go all-in, it would be now.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
The bulk of the Yankees core are senior citizens..
Quite true, but they have still proven they can play in the AL East.

Quote:
Theres definitely some questions regarding the health of the pitching staff, but thats what the depth is for.. 1-5 they're as good as almost anyone in the American league..
Really? I think their staff is relatively risky. I know I'd rather have the Rays and Yankees staff as of now. And that's only the AL East.

Quote:
Cano better carry that team, because they have more question marks surrounding this season and their future then I've ever seen. Whose in right? Whose going to catch? Just how bad will Youk be at 3B? Whose at short until Derek Eater gets back? What about Pettite?
A lot of question marks, definitely.

Quote:
Ironic to hear about question marks coming from a Yankee fan.
What is ironic? Yankees fans always experience playoffs when everyone doubts them. It's the Blue Jays turn to prove themselves. I heard the same stuff when they signed Glaus/Ryan/Burnette or Frank Thomas and recently trading for Rasmus/Escobar and gushing how good they'll make the team. Zero results in 19 years.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Pineda is injury prone.
Pineda might not even pitch, so he's out of the equation.

Quote:
Pettite, Kuroda are senior citizens.
Both have proven they can pitch in the AL East, unlike Dickey.

Quote:
Nova sucks.
Yup. Better than Romero last year though, which is saying something on how inept Romero is.

Quote:
Garcia is a dime a dozen.

See, I can do that too.
Garcia is not even on the Yankees.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Romero sucks? Because, what, 1 bad season? He was great the year before
And so was Nova the year before, but people claim him to be garbage.

Quote:
You argue injury prone, yet Arod is missing half the year, Jeter isn't healthy and you have Youk.
ARod was losing a step anyways and the absence of Jeter will not be as big as the media makes it out to be. Yes, he is a great hitter, but Jayson Nix fit in comfortably at SS and made unbelievable plays defensively. They are obviously worse off without him.

Quote:

Not to mention Swisher is gone too
Addition by subtraction. He can't hit in the playoffs.

Quote:
Jays rotation without Dickey is better than the Yanks. With Dickey...
That's a good joke.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
It's the Yankee fans that are starting to get worried, so they post negative things about other teams to make themselves feel better about there lineup / rotation. Yankees will not win the division, that's pretty obvious.
Based on what? They are obviously the team to beat in the division since they won it last year and made a run in the postseason.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:20 PM
darko

Nova was decent in 2011. People were all over him because his W-L record was 16-4. What those same people forgot was that he had 2nd best run support in baseball. Only Derek Holland had higher run support.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:00 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Um... If I'm the Jays I'm shopping around, that's a lot for 1 yr of a Cy winner, a massive downgrade in catcher and a top prospect

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:26 PM
StringerBell

The deal reportedly comes with an extension in place for Dickey, or else D'Arnaud was not going to be included.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:19 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Um... If I'm the Jays I'm shopping around, that's a lot for 1 yr of a Cy winner, a massive downgrade in catcher and a top prospect
'10 2.84 ERA
'11 3.28 ERA
'12 2.73 ERA

although it's from NL East, it's pretty good.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:14 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Thole,Dickey and a low level prospect for D'Arnaud,Syndegaard,Buck and a low level prospect the Mets should take the deal and run.
Saw D'Arnaud in New Hampshire a couple seasons ago. impressive.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 03:03 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
And so was Nova the year before, but people claim him to be garbage.

ARod was losing a step anyways and the absence of Jeter will not be as big as the media makes it out to be. Yes, he is a great hitter, but Jayson Nix fit in comfortably at SS and made unbelievable plays defensively. They are obviously worse off without him.

Addition by subtraction. He can't hit in the playoffs.

That's a good joke.
Nova had a great W/L and that was about it.

If you really think Jayson Nix can adequately replace Jeter at short, not just batting, but also in the clubhouse, that's your choice. I think it'll throw things off, but that's just me.

But he was damn good at getting to the playoffs.

Let's just say that you throw aside your bias. Dickey over the last three years has been the equivalent of Sabathia in many ways. Especially last year. Now let's continue down the rotation. Pettitte was great, years ago, and he had an impressive return. Josh Johnson was great a couple years ago, and wasn't as quite as impressive in his return. Of course, Pettitte is way past his prime and Johnson isn't. Let's call that a draw, though I'd rather Johnson. Morrow versus Kuroda. Morrow has some damn good potential that he finally began tapping into. Kuroda had one good year. Both have "proven themselves" in the AL East. Once again, we'll call it a draw, although I hesitate at that, as I'd rather Morrow, again. Now we're at Nova and Romero. Nova's one good year revolved around his W/L which was heavily supported by his offense and not by his pitching numbers. Romero had a bad year last year, but the year before, he proved he could pitch in the AL East, right? I guess one year of proving yourself isn't enough, so should we take that away from Kuroda's credentials? Either way, if I had to choose between Romero or Nova, I would choose Romero, because he has proven, to me, to be able to pitch well without fantastic run support. Now we're down to Hughes and Buerhle. If you take Hughes here, you're literally bat**** crazy. Buerhle has pitched consistently well as a #3 for the past 10 years, at least. Hughes hasn't proved anything, and while he has potential, after having a "dead arm" for a whole year two years ago, that potential is now the biggest question mark since Lance Armstrong and if he was doping.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:36 AM
blueandgoldguy

For those who are saying that Dickey has only had one good year, Fangraphs showed his last 3 years have been comparable to David Price's last year. This trade will probably be contingent on the Jays getting an additional 2-year extension on Dickey...and since he is a knuckleballer, he should be able to pitch quite well over the next 3 - 5 seasons.

But hey, what do I know. I should take the word of a White Sox fan who says Dickey has had one good year. Guess I would be bitter and jealous too if I saw a rival team making a series of great moves to become World Series contender while my team made no significant moves whatsoever, is mired in mediocrity and looks to be another 100 years away from a WS (just like last time).

blueandgoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote