HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge XCI - Hurt Is My HFBoards Mom Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2012, 06:13 PM
  #451
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: North Korea
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Krishna is up there as well but he bet everything on one of the WHL games.
This wouldn't be the first time Kootenay screwed me over after I bet a decent amount against them, wouldn't be surprised if it happened again


Last edited by kamosko: 12-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.
kamosko is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
  #452
Quarter
AUSTON 20:16
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,417
vCash: 500
Oil Kings fo sho.

Quarter is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
  #453
Kyle93
Registered Clown
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: North Korea
Posts: 31,393
vCash: 420
I did hitmen

Kyle93 is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
  #454
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,716
vCash: 500
Loove vacation .. It's the best time to nap, so relaxing

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:19 PM
  #455
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Loove vacation .. It's the best time to nap, so relaxing
I napped for a little over 3 hours today. Really going to screw up my sleep, good thing I don't have to get up early anytime soon. Earliest is I need to get up at 9am on Friday, otherwise I can sleep in

Grant is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
  #456
Kyle93
Registered Clown
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: North Korea
Posts: 31,393
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I napped for a little over 3 hours today. Really going to screw up my sleep, good thing I don't have to get up early anytime soon. Earliest is I need to get up at 9am on Friday, otherwise I can sleep in
I have nothing for 3 weeks, so I have been waking up at like 1 or 2 pm everyday

Kyle93 is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
  #457
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibru View Post
I have nothing for 3 weeks, so I have been waking up at like 1 or 2 pm everyday
I work year round and it's not uncommon for me to start work at 6am on the weekends. Next time I work at 6am though I believe is christmas day (I requested to work at that time) so in one week I guess I need to wake up early.

Grant is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:28 PM
  #458
Kyle93
Registered Clown
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: North Korea
Posts: 31,393
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I work year round and it's not uncommon for me to start work at 6am on the weekends. Next time I work at 6am though I believe is christmas day (I requested to work at that time) so in one week I guess I need to wake up early.
yeah I used to work all the time when I was in highschool and would work at 6am every saturday and sunday. It's not that bad though.

Kyle93 is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:33 PM
  #459
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Loove vacation .. It's the best time to nap, so relaxing
Bert-o, what did you get your gf for xmas?

MeowLeafs is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
  #460
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
Bert-o, what did you get your gf for xmas?
Ticket's to Mother Mother, a build-a-bear that remarkably looked like her dog, and a big food container for her dog that she needed and liked but didn't want to spend the money on

.. Mind you her birthday was at the start of the month too, so I didn't go all out on the Christmas gift because I spent a couple hundred bucks on a nice pair of earrings .. Also cooked her breakfast, and took her out for dinner

I owned her birthday and Christmas

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:37 PM
  #461
Kyle93
Registered Clown
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: North Korea
Posts: 31,393
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
Bert-o, what did you get your gf for xmas?
speaking of gifts, me and everyone on my floor at res did a secret santa gift exchange. Let me just tell you there were a lot of sex toys exchanged

Kyle93 is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
  #462
JMcLeaf
__________
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,548
vCash: 352
This year I've gone Christmas shopping for 10 min and only spent 9 bucks. Doin' It right

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
  #463
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Ticket's to Mother Mother, a build-a-bear that remarkably looked like her dog, and a big food container for her dog that she needed and liked but didn't want to spend the money on

.. Mind you her birthday was at the start of the month too, so I didn't go all out on the Christmas gift because I spent a couple hundred bucks on a nice pair of earrings .. Also cooked her breakfast, and took her out for dinner

I owned her birthday and Christmas
Nice.

I think the first jewelery I get my girl will be a necklace since she doesn't wear earrings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibru View Post
speaking of gifts, me and everyone on my floor at res did a secret santa gift exchange. Let me just tell you there were a lot of sex toys exchanged
It's funny cause they'll say they won't use it, but most actually will

MeowLeafs is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
  #464
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: North Korea
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 50
That reminds me I have to go out and buy a present for this secret santa thing me and a group of my friends are doing.

kamosko is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
  #465
Kyle93
Registered Clown
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: North Korea
Posts: 31,393
vCash: 420
I go down to have a nice dinner with my parents and they are bugging me about staying up late, staying in my room all day to play videogames, watching movies and stuff on top of that they are constantly nagging me about getting a job soon. it's like ****! I have tried and am trying so shut up about it. no wonder why I live in residence, just to get away from them. Also they were talking about the shooting in that school and my moms like "Its all because he probably played those damn videogames." Its like holy **** mom you are so ****ing ********. Rant over

Kyle93 is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:58 PM
  #466
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
That reminds me I have to go out and buy a present for this secret santa thing me and a group of my friends are doing.
Me too. Give me ideas.

__________________
Toronto.
Hurt is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:59 PM
  #467
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibru View Post
I go down to have a nice dinner with my parents and they are bugging me about staying up late, staying in my room all day to play videogames, watching movies and stuff on top of that they are constantly nagging me about getting a job soon. it's like ****! I have tried and am trying so shut up about it. no wonder why I live in residence, just to get away from them. Also they were talking about the shooting in that school and my moms like "Its all because he probably played those damn videogames." Its like holy **** mom you are so ****ing ********. Rant over
Lol my moms the same. Don't worry

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:59 PM
  #468
JMcLeaf
__________
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,548
vCash: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Me too. Give me ideas.
Tell us a bit about the person, and how much you are suppose to spend

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:05 PM
  #469
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Tell us a bit about the person, and how much you are suppose to spend
It's one of those 'steal if you like it' secret Santas though. There's a mix of guys and girls and we're all around the same age 22-24. Hence the gift has to be unisex.

Hurt is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:06 PM
  #470
Kyle93
Registered Clown
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: North Korea
Posts: 31,393
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Lol my moms the same. Don't worry
I try to spend more time with my parents but they nag me every single minute I spend with them so they make it hard lol. Ugh this is going to be a long break, I honestly cant wait to get back to res.

Kyle93 is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:10 PM
  #471
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
It's one of those 'steal if you like it' secret Santas though. There's a mix of guys and girls and we're all around the same age 22-24. Hence the gift has to be unisex.
Take an empty wine bottle, fill it with water, and slap a gift card on the bottom then wrap it ... Wrapped it looks like wine, but it mind eff's the **** out of everyone

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
  #472
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: North Korea
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Me too. Give me ideas.
Same here, I have no clue.

I have to buy it tomorrow for sure too because we're doing it tomorrow night before I leave the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Tell us a bit about the person, and how much you are suppose to spend
She's likes sports, plays volleyball and is kind of into hockey. About the same age as me as well.

Our limit's in the ~$50 range, I was thinking something like a Team Canada hat and gloves.

kamosko is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:20 PM
  #473
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: North Korea
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 50
Wore my Leafs shirt to my game last night and got chirped so hard, even from my own teammates

kamosko is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:27 PM
  #474
JMcLeaf
__________
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,548
vCash: 352
For the first Christmas get-together this year we just did chocolate bars with a gift certificate on it. We did a draw so the earlier you get picked, the better the selection. The ones I wanted the most were movie theater and LCBO. Ended up with LCBO.

Not sure how you feel about giving gift cards, Hurt, but I find people usually like them. I like Bert's idea lol.

Seems like a solid idea kamo, especially if she's a world juniors fan. Maybe a gift card to a sports store so she can choose what she likes.

So hard to figure out what to get people, especially as they get older.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:35 PM
  #475
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: North Korea
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
For the first Christmas get-together this year we just did chocolate bars with a gift certificate on it. We did a draw so the earlier you get picked, the better the selection. The ones I wanted the most were movie theater and LCBO. Ended up with LCBO.

Not sure how you feel about giving gift cards, Hurt, but I find people usually like them. I like Bert's idea lol.

Seems like a solid idea kamo, especially if she's a world juniors fan. Maybe a gift card to a sports store so she can choose what she likes.

So hard to figure out what to get people, especially as they get older.
Yeah JMC, not sure if she's a fan of a specific team yet so Team Canada seems like a good choice with the WJC's coming up.

Or I could try and convert her to a Leafs fan

kamosko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.