HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

D Oliver Mebus - Krefeld Pinguine, DEL (2011 undrafted) -huge 6'9 German

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2012, 05:58 AM
  #1
Fin9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Smokey Town
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
D Oliver Mebus - Krefeld Pinguine, DEL (2011 undrafted) -huge 6'9 German

This kid is going to play for Germany in the WJC. Listed at 6`9 240 lbs.

Does he have any potential or is he just a humongous young player?
Tallest prospect i have ever seen listed for a while.

Looking forward seeing this Chara sized player later this month in the 2013 WJCs.

Heres hes EP profile, cheers. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43363

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:56 AM
  #2
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin9 View Post
This kid is going to play for Germany in the WJC. Listed at 6`9 240 lbs.

Does he have any potential or is he just a humongous young player?
Tallest prospect i have ever seen listed for a while.

Looking forward seeing this Chara sized player later this month in the 2013 WJCs.

Heres hes EP profile, cheers. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43363
Since Eliteprospects is not updating the stats from the league he is playing in this season (Oberliga West), here is another link that has the current stats: http://www.rodi-db.de/player.php?id=8189

As you can see on that site he is listed at "only" 6'7'' I think (I am better with the metric system). I have no idea which is closer to the truth.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:49 PM
  #3
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,960
vCash: 500
Either way, he's huge. Anyone know how he plays? Can he skate?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:13 PM
  #4
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,531
vCash: 50
His team's site has him listed at 6'9" and closer to 245 lbs.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:14 PM
  #5
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,690
vCash: 500
The kid is big as a bus. The name holds true.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:20 PM
  #6
Backlund
Registered User
 
Backlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,790
vCash: 1263
this kid is huge. Anyone have any videos of him playing?

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:49 PM
  #7
Passchendaele
Registered User
 
Passchendaele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500


The blond next to him is listed at 6'5".

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:06 PM
  #8
capebretoncanadien
Registered User
 
capebretoncanadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 500
Both really big lads.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:21 PM
  #9
jigsaw99
Registered User
 
jigsaw99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post


The blond next to him is listed at 6'5".

jigsaw99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:24 PM
  #10
MrFunnyWobbl
"inside mad"
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unlocated
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 19,462
vCash: 966
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
a bus indeed.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:59 PM
  #11
TMLife
#teambernier
 
TMLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
8 players and a goalie? We get more at the odr haha

TMLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 07:52 PM
  #12
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Either way, he's huge. Anyone know how he plays? Can he skate?
once an nhl team gets there hands on him he will be able to if he can't already

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM
  #13
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
once an nhl team gets there hands on him he will be able to if he can't already
Just like Boris Valabik right?


I'd rather Jamieson Oleksiak

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:04 PM
  #14
Propane Nightmares
Like a rock
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 47,536
vCash: 500
Here's a picture I took from the facebook of his teammate Joey Lewis (#14, we were teammates in U18) and I'm assuming he's the big guy



Lewis is listed as 5'9 which is about right, in the picture the guy looks at least a whole foot taller than him. And the other guy Shmolz is listed as 6'0

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:33 PM
  #15
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
Here's a picture I took from the facebook of his teammate Joey Lewis (#14, we were teammates in U18) and I'm assuming he's the big guy



Lewis is listed as 5'9 which is about right, in the picture the guy looks at least a whole foot taller than him. And the other guy Shmolz is listed as 6'0
Who keeps letting you into the prospect section!

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 08:01 AM
  #16
bogolisk
Registered User
 
bogolisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Since Eliteprospects is not updating the stats from the league he is playing in this season (Oberliga West), here is another link that has the current stats: http://www.rodi-db.de/player.php?id=8189

As you can see on that site he is listed at "only" 6'7'' I think (I am better with the metric system). I have no idea which is closer to the truth.
2.06m = 6.76' = 6'9"

110kg = 243lb.

bogolisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:25 AM
  #17
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Probably the next Vladimir Mihalik

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
  #18
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyh0rse View Post
Probably the next Vladimir Mihalik
Mebus' numbers are better when comparing them to a same-aged Mihalik. Mihalik also couldn't skate to save his life.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:42 AM
  #19
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Mebus' numbers are better when comparing them to a same-aged Mihalik. Mihalik also couldn't skate to save his life.
I don't know much about the DNL. Comparable to WHL? Is this guy a wizard on his skates?

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:46 AM
  #20
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Juraj Valach 21 years old: 15 pts in 44 games in Slovakia
Oliver Mebus 21 years old: 8 pts in DEL


I honestly have no idea what league is higher, slovak league or del. Comparable? Is his numbers really better than Valach.


Or are you talking about numbers as in their heights :S


Last edited by NativeHockey77*: 06-03-2014 at 11:52 AM.
NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
  #21
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyh0rse View Post
Juraj Valach 21 years old: 15 pts in 44 games in Slovakia
Oliver Mebus 21 years old: 8 pts in DEL


I honestly have no idea what league is higher, slovak league or del. Comparable? Is his numbers really better than Valach.
DEL > Slovakia. Not even close

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:53 AM
  #22
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow Boat View Post
DEL > Slovakia. Not even close
So is this kid have great offensive upside?

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:06 PM
  #23
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyh0rse View Post
I don't know much about the DNL. Comparable to WHL?
Not even remotely close. DNL is way, way, way worse. It's probably less to WHL than the DEL is to the NHL.

Anyway, he's had his first DEL year behind him now, haven't really followed his team or him. But he has a long way to go even in Germany to play himself into a spotlight that could open a big kid like him an opportunity overseas.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:11 PM
  #24
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyh0rse View Post
So is this kid have great offensive upside?
The only thing I know about him are his stats and height, I don't even know if he can skate backwards.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:15 PM
  #25
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow Boat View Post
The only thing I know about him are his stats and height, I don't even know if he can skate backwards.
Thing is stats aren't everything. Angelo Esposito had great Jr numbers but others who had worse numbers are now way Way better. For a guy his style it doesn't matter much to do with the numbers as it does how well he does defensively

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.