HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

2012-13 UEFA Champions League Round of 16

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
  #151
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
You must be a a Bayern Munich fan eh?


I'm Fan of Dortmund's real rival

Schalkenullvier* is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 11:27 AM
  #152
SenorDingDong
Registered User
 
SenorDingDong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
What goes for Barcelona? The kicking? I don't think so
Better not kick, he's watching.



Last edited by SenorDingDong: 02-13-2013 at 11:37 AM.
SenorDingDong is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
  #153
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 47,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
Man I was looking forward to Real-United, but I got my gf coming over who is a Dortmund fan, so I Gotta watch that.....
Pleeeeeaaaaase Shaktar, win!
Thanks for letting us know who wears the pants in your relationship.

Jussi is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
  #154
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
What goes for Barcelona? The kicking? I don't think so
They do things that are just as bad. Throwing a game ala Fabregas in his last CL game w/ Arsenal. Kicking balls at fans. Diving. Crowding the ref. Running the score up. On and on and on.

Edonator is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 12:39 PM
  #155
SenorDingDong
Registered User
 
SenorDingDong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edonator View Post
they do things that are just as bad. Throwing a game ala fabregas in his last cl game w/ arsenal. Kicking balls at fans. Diving. Crowding the ref. Running the score up. On and on and on.
sing it sister!

SenorDingDong is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
  #156
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
They do things that are just as bad. Throwing a game ala Fabregas in his last CL game w/ Arsenal. Kicking balls at fans. Diving. Crowding the ref. Running the score up. On and on and on.


Talk about GTFO. What a load of *********. For starters, there's a big difference between kicking, pushing and stamping than there is with diving, crowding the ref and "running up the score." On top of that, Madrid dive more than Barça, they crowd the ref just as much (not to mention if you actually watch match and understood the game you'd realize A) why Barça do it when they do and B) that pretty much every team does it with about the same regularity) and they "run up the score" just as much. I'd love to hear the "on and on and on" stuff too.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
  #157
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Correct. That's part of my point.



Be a little less defensive, but the amount of money being spent on Sugar Daddy clubs is significantly different.
Exactly. Seeing people defend Chelsea is hilarious. Of course PSG is a "project", so they're different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Amount teams spent on their squads winning Champions League:

Chelsea 2011/12:

Petr Cech - £7m
Bosingwa - £16.3m
David Luiz - £21.6m
Gary Cahill - £7m
Ashley Cole - £5m
John Obi Mikel - £16m
Frank Lampard - £11m
Salomon Kalou - £9m
Juan Mata - £23.5m
Ryan Bertrand - £125k
Drogba - £24m

Ross Turnbull - Free
Paulo Ferreira - £12.3m
Michael Essien - £24.4m
Oriel Romeu - £4.3m
Florent Malouda - £13m
Daniel Sturridge - £3.5m
Fernando Torres - £50m

Total: £248.025m

Barcelona 2010/11:

Victor Valdes - Free
Dani Alves - £30m
Javier Mascherano - £20.785m
Gerard Pique - £5m
Eric Abidal - £12.990m
Sergio Busquets - Free
Xavi - Free
Iniesta - Free
David Villa - £34.641m
Lionel Messi - Free
Pedro - Free

Oier Olazabal - Free
Carles Puyol - Free
Adriano - £8.227m
Seydou Keita - £12.18m
Ibrahim Affelay - £2.582m
Bojan - Free

Total: £126.405m

Only two I've done so far.
Nearly 2:1 ratio in spending difference (hence no reply from no one in particular) or 100% more spent by Chelsea.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
  #158
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,126
vCash: 500
'That's the worst question I've ever heard' - SAF to Geoff Shreeves after he suggested Mourinho is a 'son' & Ronaldo a 'grandson'

Alklha is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #159
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 7,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Running the score up.
? Pretty sure every team does/would if they could, they are paid to entertain the team's fans and win matches

vsk92 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #160
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post


Talk about GTFO. What a load of *********. For starters, there's a big difference between kicking, pushing and stamping than there is with diving, crowding the ref and "running up the score." On top of that, Madrid dive more than Barça, they crowd the ref just as much (not to mention if you actually watch match and understood the game you'd realize A) why Barça do it when they do and B) that pretty much every team does it with about the same regularity) and they "run up the score" just as much. I'd love to hear the "on and on and on" stuff too.
So I'm assuming you didn't watch the 2nd leg of the CL with Arsenal/Barca 2 years ago?

Barcelona aren't saints, and their fans shouldn't harp on anybody. RM aren't any worse. RM keep their antics on the pitch. Barcelona and their players take it everywhere they go.

Edonator is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:38 PM
  #161
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 8,070
vCash: 500
About to step into my meeting. Looking forward to a massive Dortmund lead when I get out

Also... Hala Madrid!

Cin is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
  #162
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
So I'm assuming you didn't watch the 2nd leg of the CL with Arsenal/Barca 2 years ago?

Barcelona aren't saints, and their fans shouldn't harp on anybody. RM aren't any worse. RM keep their antics on the pitch. Barcelona and their players take it everywhere they go.
I saw the match.

No one said Barcelona are saints. RM are clearly worse though and your comment about keeing the antics on the pitch further demonstrates how little you know what your'e talking about.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
  #163
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
I saw the match.

No one said Barcelona are saints. RM are clearly worse though and your comment about keeing the antics on the pitch further demonstrates how little you know what your'e talking about.
No point in arguing over this. It'll reach stupid proportions.

Edonator is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  #164
SenorDingDong
Registered User
 
SenorDingDong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,120
vCash: 500
Sergio Ramos haircut

SenorDingDong is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  #165
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
No point in arguing over this. It'll reach stupid proportions.
It was stupid proportions the instant you made your initial post on it.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:51 PM
  #166
SenorDingDong
Registered User
 
SenorDingDong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
It was stupid proportions the instant you made your initial post on it.
Barca fans, jeeze louise. Take it ease.

SenorDingDong is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:51 PM
  #167
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Wow, not outrage at Ramos going down after van Persie "hits" him in the face? Had that been Busquets the World would have ended.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
  #168
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
Barca fans, jeeze louise. Take it ease.
No problems here. You seem as interested as anybody. I wonder why?

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
  #169
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,221
vCash: 500
Awards:
Ronaldo in extremely selfish mode quite early.

Live in the Now is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
  #170
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
It was stupid proportions the instant you made your initial post on it.
So, ambushing a player and putting a Barca jersey on him while he's on another team is fine? Parading and taunting a losing team also good natured?

Ridiculous save by De Gea.

Edonator is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
  #171
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
So, ambushing a player and putting a Barca jersey on him while he's on another team is fine? Parading and taunting a losing team also good natured?
Stupid proportions indeed.

Yeah, because having two of your close, personal friends, one of who you grew up in La Masia with, play a joke on you during a party is the worst thing in the World. OK. Hilarious that last comment.

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
  #172
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
It looks so cold in Ukraine .

Edonator is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  #173
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Also... Hala Madrid!

les Habs is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  #174
SenorDingDong
Registered User
 
SenorDingDong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Stupid proportions indeed.

Yeah, because having two of your close, personal friends, one of who you grew up in La Masia with, play a joke on you during a party is the worst thing in the World. OK. Hilarious that last comment.
If you boys can't play nice take it outside ey?

SenorDingDong is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  #175
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,221
vCash: 500
Awards:
Ramos is a dirty *******. Not complaining mind.

Live in the Now is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.