HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

"Old guy" prospect - Damien Brunner

Old
12-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

vCash: 500
"Old guy" prospect - Damien Brunner

Hey everyone... Ive been following this guy over in the Swiss league absolutely tearing it up... He had signed a 1 year NHL deal to come play in Detroit this year but is in Europe still obviously due to no NHL. He has obviously made the initial commitment to play in the NHL but if there is no season this year, he will become a UFA after this season because it was just a 1 year deal he signed with Detroit. What does everyone think he will do if the NHL season is cancelled?? Re-sign with Detroit again? or do you think other teams will now offer him a larger contract and he will sign elsewhere??? I am intrigued by this guy and am curious!!

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:59 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
Hey everyone... Ive been following this guy over in the Swiss league absolutely tearing it up... He had signed a 1 year NHL deal to come play in Detroit this year but is in Europe still obviously due to no NHL. He has obviously made the initial commitment to play in the NHL but if there is no season this year, he will become a UFA after this season because it was just a 1 year deal he signed with Detroit. What does everyone think he will do if the NHL season is cancelled?? Re-sign with Detroit again? or do you think other teams will now offer him a larger contract and he will sign elsewhere??? I am intrigued by this guy and am curious!!
I think he'll re-sign in Detroit.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 10:01 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
I don't see why he would go anywhere else. He's also playing with Zetterberg in the NLA.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Wingsfan2965*

I'm sure money talks but you'd be kinda dumb to leave the only team that wanted to give you a chance.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

Exactly what I'm thinking.. Money definately does talk... Id imagine he would re sign in detroit too, but if hes offered waaay more somewhere else, it would be a no brainer for everyone to follow the cash!!

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I'm sure money talks but you'd be kinda dumb to leave the only team that wanted to give you a chance.
Well if I remember right, there where up to 10 teams, that offered him a contract, but he cuts his own list down to Tampa and Detroit as frontrunners.
So I can' t see him signing anywhere else and I don't think Tampa is still an option as they will have so many NHL ready prospects this summer (at least 5, up to 8 )

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Exactly what I'm thinking.. Money definately does talk... Id imagine he would re sign in detroit too, but if hes offered waaay more somewhere else, it would be a no brainer for everyone to follow the cash!!
that would be great in a free market but there isn't going to be more money in the next CBA for guys like Brunner only less money.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
It was rumored that up 8 teams offered him a contract including the Habs, Pens, and Bolts

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
that would be great in a free market but there isn't going to be more money in the next CBA for guys like Brunner only less money.
It depends on the CBA. Brunner and Roman Cervenka were bound by the previous CBA and could only sign one year ELC deals because both were 26 last offseason. If the UFA age doesn't change with the next CBA, both would be in line for contracts with more guaranteed money. Both guys signed for 925K + performance bonuses for 2012-13.

If Brunner were hypothetically to be UFA, a team could conceivably offer him a multiyear contract with a higher guaranteed salary.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
TML1967

Well if your talking money, how much does he make right now? Cause I doubt its over 500k

TML1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

I think he'll sign in Detroit so long as he's promised a spot on Zetterberg's line. From all indications, that was Babcock's plan to begin with.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1967 View Post
Well if your talking money, how much does he make right now? Cause I doubt its over 500k
As stated above he was signed for 925K

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote