Old
09-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Hagman?

http://thefourthperiod.com/fla8.html

Quote:
According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Panthers General Manager Rick Dudley offered forward Niklas Hagman to the Mighty Ducks.Anaheim General Manager Bryan Murray, the former Panthers GM who originally drafted Hagman in the third round in 1999, has declined to comment on the potential deal.
Hagman would at best be on our 3rd line. I don't think we have room for him, unless the team doesn't think any of Lupul, Getzlaf and Holmqvist are ready

Old
09-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
http://thefourthperiod.com/fla8.html

Hagman would at best be on our 3rd line. I don't think we have room for him, unless the team doesn't think any of Lupul, Getzlaf and Holmqvist are ready
Just the vibe I'm getting from Babcock's comments, but I don't think that he thinks some of the players are ready. Questioning Lupul's play away from the puck, unhappy with the effort in some practices and now his comments about players not being around if they're continuing to do things wrong. This Hagman report may just be hot air, Murray trying to light a fire under the players who are here, but I wouldn't mind seeing another vet to generate some competition.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I was thinking the same thing about Lupul. Babcock has called him out at in the press at least 3 times that I can recall. I don't think he's too impressed.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Avs9

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
I was thinking the same thing about Lupul. Babcock has called him out at in the press at least 3 times that I can recall. I don't think he's too impressed.
you're sharp

Old
09-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Under your skin, am I? You just made my day.

Old
09-28-2003, 04:42 AM
quad

Hagman has some serious wheels, plays with an edge and has a bit of an agitator mentality but seams to struggle to put the puck into the net. At this point I doubt we would want to put another new face into the line up - but I like what I saw at the Florida game from Hagman

As for Lupul although he is starting to score, Babcock wants players on the team that can play at both ends - that's why I think Holmqvist will get the nod before Lupul - btw I am really impressed with Getzlaf, can't believe that the kid is only 18 and even more puzzling is the fact that he was still available at our position (19) in the draft.

Closed Thread