HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 U.S.A. (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
sepHF
Patreeky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Gaudreau as a 4th round pick is a massive steal.
I can't see him ever playing in the NHL considering his size, he is very very small.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
toewsintangibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Gaudreau is very very weak along the boards. I really only see soft minute roles at the NHL open for him.
Sounds like RNH?

Old
01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
sepHF
Patreeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Sounds like RNH?
RNH is very good on the boards and uses his agility and shiftiness to create changes from the sidewall. He's also quite a bit bigger then Gaudreau (RNH is 6'1, Gaudreau is 5'6).

Old
01-03-2013, 01:54 PM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
RNH is very good on the boards and uses his agility and shiftiness to create changes from the sidewall. He's also quite a bit bigger then Gaudreau (RNH is 6'1, Gaudreau is 5'6).
I meant the soft minutes part, one doesn't see NHL regulars dominated to the point RNH was often in the WJC

Old
01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity

Congrats on the win !

Gaudreau is a monster !

Old
01-03-2013, 01:58 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Gaudreau is 5'9. Grimaldi is 5'6.

It's way too early to gauge Gaudreau's board play in terms of the NHL. It's not like he's planning on playing at 150 lbs at the professional level. He needs time to physically develop but if/when he does, he has all the tools to make it at the NHL level.

01-03-2013, 02:03 PM
sepHF
Patreeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
I meant the soft minutes part, one doesn't see NHL regulars dominated to the point RNH was often in the WJC
Oh you mean the tournaments leading scoring? Totally. Keep in mind he's still in a boys body.

He also already has 3 more points then Crosby had during the 05 lockout and is tied with Ovechkin in 1 less game.

I don't know what you guys expect but he's been fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post

It's way too early to gauge Gaudreau's board play in terms of the NHL. It's not like he's planning on playing at 150 lbs at the professional level. He needs time to physically develop but if/when he does, he has all the tools to make it at the NHL level.
My bad, I was looking at his hockeydb page which has him listed @ 5'6 143 pounds.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:29 PM
flyersguy33*

Gibson is playing like a monster. Ducks have a good one in him

Old
01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post

Ennis is in the NHL (and a pretty good player, at that) at 5'9" 160lbs. Being successful in the pros at that size may be rare, but it's certainly not impossible.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Zippy316

Grimaldi has the advantage where he's like Ennis and both Giontas in that he's not afraid to go into the dirty areas. Once he fills out, if he's able to hold his own along the boards and in front of the net like those guys do, he has the talent and defensive awareness to not be a liability.

Both Gaudreau and Grimaldi play styles that lend themselves to still being effective at the NHL level, because they aren't perimeter players.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Sean Monahan
JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED

Johnny has been proving the doubters wrong all his life. Can't wait until he does that when he turns pro

Old
01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Does anybody else share my observation that since McCabe got partnered with Jones, Jones has been playing his best hockey of the tournament?
The guy at United States of Hockey agrees with you and it sure looks that way. Jones has been very good lately since the pairing got switched up. Gibson and Trouba have been fantastic. It seemed like Trouba was tasked with playing a shut down role against Team Canada and the score speaks for itself, along with Gibson's play.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:35 PM
usahockey22flyers
Daje Roma!

I really like this tweet, Chris Peters is a good dude, maybe he posts in this thread, who knows?

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters
Rocco Grimaldi has been playing like his hair's on fire all tournament. Has made many mistakes, but doesn't give up on plays #2013WJC

Old
01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
I can't see him ever playing in the NHL considering his size, he is very very small.
5'9", so 2 inches shorter than Crosby... not exactly a midget.

He is small, and you can see it in his face that he is still in little boy mode, once he turns into a man and gains a good 15-20 lbs he should be a great little player.

Hopefully he can turn into our St.Louis

Old
01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
The guy at United States of Hockey agrees with you and it sure looks that way. Jones has been very good lately since the pairing got switched up. Gibson and Trouba have been fantastic. It seemed like Trouba was tasked with playing a shut down role against Team Canada and the score speaks for itself, along with Gibson's play.
I think both the Sieloff-Trouba pairing and McCabe-Jones have been pretty excellent.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:39 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

I hate having to watch these so late, but what a win! Gibson and McCabe played awesome.

01-03-2013, 06:23 PM
usahockey22flyers
Daje Roma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I think both the Sieloff-Trouba pairing and McCabe-Jones have been pretty excellent.
Jones looked cool and confident today. Seems like one hell of a leader as well.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
AJMHABS
Chucky #27

Hello, neighbors of the South,

Gratz on the win against Canada!! Played an awesome game.

I just wanted to get your opinions on how Galchenyuk played today. I thought he played ok, even without getting points.

Also, how do you think he has been doing in this tournament as a whole?

Old
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post

I just wanted to get your opinions on how Galchenyuk played today. I thought he played ok, even without getting points.

I think the results speak for themselves. Galchenyuk is an incredible talent and has been productive in this tourney. That said, Housley and co don't have to overly rely on him, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post

He was fairly quiet today, but still played well.

I think he has been pretty good this tournament although I know that's not a popular opinion.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:17 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I dont know what else to say that hasnt been said already.

to the few US posters (Usahockey22flyers, Rabid Ranger, Cagney, Orangeandblack, Xokkeu, Paulie Vegas, Redwhiteandgreen, HatTrick Swayze, William H Bonney, etc) on here that show up and post in April about our WJC teams.... To those who post comments on the Ivan Hlinka thread, and the U18 and U17 threads...for all the crap we hear from some Canada posters about their D team beating our A team..this is for us all.

I am so damn proud of these kids and how this team turned it around. they simply dominated Canada for over 2 periods and I simply havent seen a game like that from the US in a long long time...

Just like in 1980 against Russia, the job is not done. I hope we have enough gas in the tank left to take down Sweden. But with having tomorrow off, I think we can get our strength back and just flat our destroy them like today.

Amazing ****ing win boys!! I have zero complaints about this team and as usual I take back anything I said about the selection process....well not everything #reidshouldbehere!!

Old
01-03-2013, 07:25 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
He 'll more than likely get a cup of coffee in The NHL, but I certainly think he won't be able to survive in
the league for any extended period.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:41 PM
doakacola*

Seth Jones

Played a tremendous game today. He made a phenomenal play laying out and breaking up a two or three on one right after one of the first three US goals. He was all over the ice in both ends.

He looked far better than Dougie Hamilton. I'm a B's fan and I 'd seriously try to get my hands on him by offering Hamilton + at the draft. The skating range and hands this guy has is scarg good. I think your looking at Larry Robinson II.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:45 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Speed, skill, and quickness is what it takes to succeed in the new NHL. I'd wager 30 of 30 GM's would take a Johnny Gadreau over a Hugh Jessiman.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
ecemleafs

Johnny Gaudreau still has another 2 years of NCAA eligibility to put on the muscle mass he will need to succeed in the NHL.

Closed Thread