HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Beau Bennett

Old
12-16-2012, 06:15 PM
LiffLaff
Go Green

vCash: 500
Beau Bennett

Seems to be doing pretty well for rookie in the A stat wise, but can anyone tell me about his play? Will his skills translate to the nhl? Who does he compare to?

LiffLaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

I hope he goes lights out and plays with Malkin or Crosby but I'm biased as I have him in my keeper pool.

I don't generally like doing player comps as each player is unique but alot of his success will depend on him getting stronger. He has a very very good set of skills.

Very solid top 6 winger with a chance to become a good 1st line guy but too early to tell.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

He had a slow start, but after the adjustment period he's been the best forward on WBS IMO. He'd have even better looking stats if the rest of the team weren't so offensively inept. Other Pens fans who are able to watch him on a more regular basis can help you out more in terms of weaknesses (I think the main ones are just getting a bit stronger on his skates, and just a little work on his skating, but it's not as glaring of a weakness as others may claim).

But his hockey IQ in the O-zone and hands are high-caliber already, and the Pens brass is very high on him, so I could see him get a couple cups of coffee should the opportunity arise this season (if there is one). Regardless, next year he's got a great shot to win a Top-6 spot in camp.

Tasty Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote