HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Part 7:|GM#36|Binghamton @ Toronto|1/16/13|7:05PM|Tim Connolly's AHL debut.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2012, 08:06 PM
  #301
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Ashton just did a wrap around leading to an alright chance. He and his line maintained pretty good pressure there for a bit.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:07 PM
  #302
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Welcome to the brotherhood.

They all come around eventually muhahahaha.
It's not that I didn't believe you, it's just I hadn't seen it for myself. He has turned it on recently and I am beginning to see what everyone (mainly you ) was talking about now.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:07 PM
  #303
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
Those ladies were very nice

Scrivens has looked solid in the first how has he been in the secondÉ

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
  #304
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Those ladies were very nice

Scrivens has looked solid in the first how has he been in the secondÉ
Other than the 1 goal in the 2nd he was flawless He had some nice saves, but as I said earlier, this game is pretty lackluster and it's not like he has been called upon on numerous occasions.

Edit: Put your keyboard back on the US setting, nobody cares for those french accented e's.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
  #305
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
It's not that I didn't believe you, it's just I hadn't seen it for myself. He has turned it on recently and I am beginning to see what everyone (mainly you ) was talking about now.
He has the skill but he probably won't ever get to the potential he was touted or he possible is capable of. Sort of how colborne has relegated.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:10 PM
  #306
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Penalty shot for Frattin.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:10 PM
  #307
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,903
vCash: 500
Penalty shot here we go. Cmon Frats.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:10 PM
  #308
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Frattin snipes it from the hashmarks!!!! Tie game

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:10 PM
  #309
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Other than the 1 goal in the 2nd he was flawless He had some nice saves, but as I said earlier, this game is pretty lackluster and it's not like he has been called upon on numerous occasions.

Edit: Put your keyboard back on the US setting, nobody cares for those french accented e's.
Ah okay, thanks. I saw the end of first and just joined.

Yea yea I fixed it. Calm down brah.

**** YES FRATTIN SCORES!!!

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:11 PM
  #310
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,903
vCash: 500
Sniiiiipe.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:11 PM
  #311
Censored23
Registered User
 
Censored23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Wowzers. What a shot from Matty

Censored23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:12 PM
  #312
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Frattin has an amazing shot As the announcer said, you don't see many shots on penalty shots anymore because you simply rarely score when you do that. Frattin can though!

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:12 PM
  #313
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
You're welcome. I joined they scored. It's a sign.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:13 PM
  #314
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
You're welcome. I joined they scored. It's a sign.
You must never leave.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:13 PM
  #315
Cool Beans Man
Registered User
 
Cool Beans Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
So calm with the puck. Casually walks in and just rips it in. We got a player here.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:13 PM
  #316
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
You're welcome. I joined they scored. It's a sign.
All hail LR

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:14 PM
  #317
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
Kadri playmaking and frattin shooting, now we need a kulemin type prospect.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:16 PM
  #318
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Kadri playmaking and frattin shooting, now we need a kulemin type prospect.
How about Kulemin? He is like 1 year older than Frattin after all.

Edit: Kulemin is about 18 months older.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:19 PM
  #319
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
You must never leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
All hail LR


Grant that's not a bad idea at all tbh. We need more of that guy, freaking beast. Only downside is him not playing as rough as we'd like but I don't mind it much with all the other positives.

A guy I had in my views who I wanted burke to get was Mcginn but he's now solidified in the top 6 of the Avs with stastny.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
  #320
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post


Grant that's not a bad idea at all tbh. We need more of that guy, freaking beast. Only downside is him not playing as rough as we'd like but I don't mind it much with all the other positives.

A guy I had in my views who I wanted burke to get was Mcginn but he's now solidified in the top 6 of the Avs with stastny.
Meh, playing rough is nice and all but the game is going to be constantly moved towards a more open faster paced game to make it more exciting at which point being super rough isn't needed. Rough and tough to play against are two very different things. I prefer having players who are tough to play against and I would say Kulemin is closer to that than rough which is fine by me.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:24 PM
  #321
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Ranger skates in from the blue line and takes a nice shot, didn't score though I really hope Ranger wants to only play in Toronto. Otherwise there will be a lot of teams bidding up the price to keep him here.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:26 PM
  #322
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Marlies pressuring the most they have all game right there at the end of the 3rd but couldn't score. Going to overtime with the momentum on the Marlies side.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:26 PM
  #323
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Meh, playing rough is nice and all but the game is going to be constantly moved towards a more open faster paced game to make it more exciting at which point being super rough isn't needed. Rough and tough to play against are two very different things. I prefer having players who are tough to play against and I would say Kulemin is closer to that than rough which is fine by me.
I dont want a black and blue bruiser who scores, their fire dims out quite quickly just a guy who can dish out a hit once in a while. Like how he dished out that hit because he wanted to protect grabo. That's all really, it's just me wanting some entertaining hockey but it's not something greatly needed if we are winning games.

Damn so freaking close for the captain.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:27 PM
  #324
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I dont want a black and blue bruiser who scores, their fire dims out quite quickly just a guy who can dish out a hit once in a while. Like how he dished out that hit because he wanted to protect grabo. That's all really, it's just me wanting some entertaining hockey but it's not something greatly needed if we are winning games.

Damn so freaking close for the captain.
When we start winning it will be entertaining no matter what style we play

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:28 PM
  #325
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Ranger skates in from the blue line and takes a nice shot, didn't score though I really hope Ranger wants to only play in Toronto. Otherwise there will be a lot of teams bidding up the price to keep him here.
I think we have a good chance on keeping, house being right here is a good plus for a guy who's just getting into the bigs again.

OT underway.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.