HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Discussion Thread PT 7: Advance 1/18 @ 11PM CST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2012, 06:08 AM
  #426
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Washington you have to be the MOST annoying person...instead of waiting for a response from me you start sending me more msgs on how FIFA is gay and crap like that so i didnt answer you on purpose


For the rest of you who've msged me on HF board give me some time to answer im not on here 24/7

No me and Florida are not roommates

You dont play on the FIRST day after the advance and u get crucified
People are complaining because you aren't responding to messages, at least that's my complaint. It's pretty simple and takes a whole one minute to do it. Here you are, still able to post your little complaint on HF and you still haven't responded to me with trying to set up a time.

btw, Evo might have been complaining but he is right, Fifa is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, well, Soccer in general too.

Gary83* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:37 AM
  #427
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Tomorrow should be the last day of the three day window, right?

Are we extending it? If so, by how long?
Bummmmmmp.

Clarification would be nice, I can't imagine advance will be tonight? But would be nice to know if I have to squeeze in my last game!

Gary83* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:43 AM
  #428
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Bummmmmmp.

Clarification would be nice, I can't imagine advance will be tonight? But would be nice to know if I have to squeeze in my last game!
Yeah, we're advancing in my other league tonight because it doesn't seem likely that anyone will play any games anyway--so waiting an extra day won't be very helpful. We're adding the extra day to the next window, leaving three nights where people are likely to be on.

If Fuss / others want to wait until tomorrow night to advance, I wouldn't object, but we shouldn't need much more than one extra day.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:29 AM
  #429
cbenini87
Registered User
 
cbenini87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
I mean I'm done with my games so I'm ready now. Most people will be out tonight bc of New Years Eve but I'd imagine mostly everyone will be home on New Years Day so there should be plenty of time to get things done tomorrow.

I would think later tmrw would be optimal for an advance.

cbenini87 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:41 AM
  #430
HabsIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
So do we all just go ahead and play Nash cpu, (think this was mentioned already but he wont respond to me either). Or is there an advance today? Or is Nashville around?

HabsIslesFan is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
  #431
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Hah, east crazy tight again.

Stockeyyyy, you better come back or yo team gonna miss dem playoffs.

Gary83* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 11:17 AM
  #432
x Tame Impala
Registered User
 
x Tame Impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,016
vCash: 500
Yeah everyone can play Preds CPU. No reason not to respond to people's PMs. It takes 1 minute.

x Tame Impala is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 11:44 AM
  #433
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 32,818
vCash: 500
When's the advance? Tonight or tomorrow?

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 01:17 PM
  #434
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble
 
SUBdrewgANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,994
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
sorry to those who messaged me on here and xbl.. Yesterday was my GF's Bday and the day before was MY B-day and tonight is NYE and Tomorrow is New Years.. if the advance is tonight.. I probably WONT be able to get my games in.. hoping this window was extended for new years.. I haven't even logged into NHL13 since Friday.

SUBdrewgANS is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM
  #435
Evolu7ion
Registered User
 
Evolu7ion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
sorry to those who messaged me on here and xbl.. Yesterday was my GF's Bday and the day before was MY B-day and tonight is NYE and Tomorrow is New Years.. if the advance is tonight.. I probably WONT be able to get my games in.. hoping this window was extended for new years.. I haven't even logged into NHL13 since Friday.
So let me get this straight, you two have the following holiday schedule:

24 Christmas Eve
25 Christmas Day
26 Boxing Day
27 free
28 free
29 GFs bday
30 your bday
31 NYE
1 NYD

Wow, crazy! $$$$ lol.

Evolu7ion is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:11 PM
  #436
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,656
vCash: 500
, I lost to Preds CPU.

Me: 27 shots, 12 TOA, 0 goals.

CPU: 10 shots,, 2:31 TOA, 2 goals.

Cool story. Should have just simmed it.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:13 PM
  #437
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 32,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
, I lost to Preds CPU.

Me: 27 shots, 12 TOA, 0 goals.

CPU: 10 shots,, 2:31 TOA, 2 goals.

Cool story. Should have just simmed it.
I have always had an issue with his CPU. He tied it with like 6 minutes to go and I was able to win with 9 seconds left in overtime.

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:22 PM
  #438
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble
 
SUBdrewgANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,994
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
So let me get this straight, you two have the following holiday schedule:

24 Christmas Eve
25 Christmas Day
26 Boxing Day
27 free
28 free
29 GFs bday
30 your bday
31 NYE
1 NYD

Wow, crazy! $$$$ lol.
luckily we're not very materialistic people.. so not that much money.. haha

and for us its

24 christmas eve
25 christmas
26 free (wtf is boxing day?)
27 free
28 free
29 MY birthday
30 GF birthday
31 NYE
1 NYD

for my bday my mom got free club level tickets to a hershey bears game against Albany.. got to see Holtby and Adam Larsson play which was cool.. Bobby Butler though for Albany was all over the place.. is he a good prospect for the devils? he had an unreal goal too.

SUBdrewgANS is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
  #439
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble
 
SUBdrewgANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,994
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
I just got home and also have nashville on my schedule.. but thanks guys for injuring one of his players.. invalid roster

SUBdrewgANS is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:37 PM
  #440
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Haha. One of you ******** injured a Nashville player. Now he has roster problems and I can't play him!

Gary83* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:39 PM
  #441
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 32,818
vCash: 500
Sorry, guys! One of my boys nailed White in front of the net and took him out.

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
  #442
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Haha. One of you ******** injured a Nashville player. Now he has roster problems and I can't play him!
Wasn't me. Barely connected on a hit all game. Try as I might, I couldn't knock Danny Briere off the puck--though he did send Brodziak into the bench at one point.

Gotta love the hitting on "default" settings.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
  #443
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 32,818
vCash: 500
So when is dat advance? I don't want to go out tonight and find out all my games were simmed.

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 03:18 PM
  #444
x Tame Impala
Registered User
 
x Tame Impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,016
vCash: 500
@

Really sorry man. When I send PMs on my phone they don't send half the time. Not trying to duck you at all.

Advance is tomorrow night. Ill be on all day from about 3pm CST to advance at 11pm CST

Sorry about the lack of response. Have to stop PMing on my phone.

x Tame Impala is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 03:20 PM
  #445
x Tame Impala
Registered User
 
x Tame Impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
, I lost to Preds CPU.

Me: 27 shots, 12 TOA, 0 goals.

CPU: 10 shots,, 2:31 TOA, 2 goals.

Cool story. Should have just simmed it.
Simming your own games is an amazing way to get booted from the league. That's 100% banned in this league without question

x Tame Impala is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 03:21 PM
  #446
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
@

Really sorry man. When I send PMs on my phone they don't send half the time. Not trying to duck you at all.

Advance is tomorrow night. Ill be on all day from about 3pm CST to advance at 11pm CST

Sorry about the lack of response. Have to stop PMing on my phone.

It's all good man , figured you'd be busy with the festivities for tonight, definitely we can get our game in tomorrow I should be avail for most of the day

avsfan89 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 03:50 PM
  #447
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Simming your own games is an amazing way to get booted from the league. That's 100% banned in this league without question
Well, first, I was joking, so no worries.

Second, to clarify, if someone isn't around to play, I have to play their CPU? I don't have the option to leave it to the SIM if I don't prefer to the play the CPU?

I just assumed it was up to the discretion of the GM to decide whether to play the CPU or let it be simmed. It is an interesting idea, but it would seem to require a significant punishment for the GM who isn't getting the game played as well as the one who opts to sim it, right? In other words, in this hypothetical case, if I had opted to let Rangers v. Predators get simmed because Predators isn't around to play, I would be booted from the league, but he wouldn't?


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-31-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 04:00 PM
  #448
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 32,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Well, first, I was joking, so no worries.

Second, to clarify, if someone isn't around to play, I have to play their CPU? I don't have the option to leave it to the SIM if I don't prefer to the play the CPU?

I just assumed it was up to the discretion of the GM to decide whether to play the CPU or let it be simmed. It is an interesting idea, but it would seem to require a significant punishment for the GM who isn't getting the game played as well as the one who opts to sim it, right? In other words, in this hypothetical case, if I had opted to let Rangers v. Predators get simmed because Predators isn't around to play, I would be booted from the league, but he wouldn't?
He means a quick sim. Like selecting the option to sim the game. I think that gives you an option to back out as much as you want without penalty until you get the outcome you want.

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 04:02 PM
  #449
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
He means a quick sim. Like selecting the option to sim the game. I think that gives you an option to back out as much as you want without penalty until you get the outcome you want.
Oh, well in that case, the rule makes sense. That wasn't clear from Fuss's explanation, so I appreciate the clarification.

I've never used the "quick sim" option, but I assumed that it simply simulated the game in one shot. The reason to do it, I assumed, was to prevent the other player from jumping online at the last minute and playing my CPU.

If we have the choice between playing the CPU or leaving the game un-played to be simmed on the advance, that's perfectly reasonable. It just didn't seem to make sense to punish the person who is ready to play if they decide they don't care to play the CPU.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, that's not what Fuss said at all. I hope your interpretation is right, otherwise it is a very confusing declaration.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-31-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 06:32 PM
  #450
Evolu7ion
Registered User
 
Evolu7ion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Haha. One of you ******** injured a Nashville player. Now he has roster problems and I can't play him!
********! His roster is messed up for me too.


Last edited by Evolu7ion: 12-31-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Evolu7ion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.