HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Big Brother Canada Discussion (Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

vCash: 500
i am rooting for gary because he gets that this is a game. he might have gotten a little bit cocky, but not as bad as alec and peter have. and it's funny b.c gary is the one making the moves. his goodbye msgs are also pretty classy.

plus he doesn't take anything too seriously. there are way to many sensitive people in this house.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Ralph
Stevehead.

Gary is the one in the house that completely understands it's a game, and won't take it personally if he is taken out. He is prepared to get out the people he is close to to better his game.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
RJ8812*

Gary is annoying as **** though

Old
03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
alec's crying was a total overreaction. i don't get it. dr. will in s2 was doing far worse things on camera and he wasn't worried about his "career' plus alec walks around w/a shirt off all time. it wasn't a nice thing to do but i don't think tom did it maliciously. maybe a part of him wanted to embarrass him, but like he said the guy constantly walks around w/his shirt off and sweat pants that show more than enough. whatever.
Sorry, don't agree at all. It may seem like an overreaction to you and me, but none of us know what kind of body issues people are dealing with internally, and it's stupid to assume that everyone should have the same reaction as you in that situation, or a preconceived notion of how a guy "should" react.
And saying that he shouldn't be bugged by it because he walks around without a shirt is like saying a girl who wears revealing clothes to work shouldn't take offense if she gets sexually harassed.

Flip it around and imagine it was Tom pulling open the shower door on Suzette - would that be okay? Should she expect to have her privacy violated because she's on Big Brother? Of course not. So why is it OK for him to do it to Alec? Because he's a "bro" and he should just "man up"?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:35 AM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

vCash: 50
Tom's ego got far too big. It wasn't an issue that he played hard, it was the fact that his attitude towards most people went to ****. He reaction to Alec's prank thing(however harmless), was horrible.

Liza on the other hand stopped playing the game. Swear to god, she was so 'head over heels in love' with Tom, she lost site of the goal. Like yesterday after she was out "Oh this was perfect, I couldn't imagine being in the house without him". When you lose sight of that, your done.

Now the house gets interesting. Of all the people that should be targets, Suzette seems the biggest one. No one is really 'close' with her. She doesn't really have a group.

I agree on Peter. He's getting a little too cocky for his own good. Right now the Shield is working, considering the other two members of Quattro are taking the heat(with Tom out, Emmett should have a bigger target on his back), Peter needs to cool his **** and let it run.

I don't understand why Alec didn't press the wrong answer and throw the HOH competition that way. He was way too obvious and I wonder if it blows back on him.

Topaz is more vicious that expected. Definitely a sleeper.

03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Topaz is more vicious that expected. Definitely a sleeper.
I see what you did there

Old
03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Sorry, don't agree at all. It may seem like an overreaction to you and me, but none of us know what kind of body issues people are dealing with internally, and it's stupid to assume that everyone should have the same reaction as you in that situation, or a preconceived notion of how a guy "should" react.
And saying that he shouldn't be bugged by it because he walks around without a shirt is like saying a girl who wears revealing clothes to work shouldn't take offense if she gets sexually harassed.

Flip it around and imagine it was Tom pulling open the shower door on Suzette - would that be okay? Should she expect to have her privacy violated because she's on Big Brother? Of course not. So why is it OK for him to do it to Alec? Because he's a "bro" and he should just "man up"?
all i am saying is i can see how tom would think it wasn't a big deal. tom thought alec was his friend in the game, and he was pulling a dumb prank. and i never said he shouldn't be bothered about it, but he was carrying on and on like his college had just kicked him out of his Phd program.

Last edited by Uli Hiemer: 03-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Grant
LL Genius

I get a feeling Peter, Alec, Topaz and Gary will start running the house shortly. Alec and Topaz are close. The shield seems in agreeance with Gary. Seems like a good fit that I have a gut feeling will happen very soon.

Andrew is my sleeper. He didn't seem to want to win that last HoH either. I think he has some strategy going on. He has AJ already, so he has a bit of an alliance. My guess is Andrew will win BB. I get this feeling he will actually start playing soon, right now he has just observed, done nothing to piss anyone off. Definition of a floater, but I think this floater will know when to turn it on.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:11 PM
GetThePuckOut

The thing with Alec and Tom wasn't an isolated incident. I think he 'overreacted' because Tom had been picking on him for a while, such as the time when Alec was massaging his feet and Tom was teasing Alec for being gay, and saying **** like he was gonna put his foot up Alec's ass, in front of Topaz no less. He'd been doing **** like that the whole time and it culminated with him exposing Alec in front of the world, so I think his breakdown had to do with the relentless BS he was taking and the fact that he was stuck in the house with this guy that he didn't know how to deal with.

For a psych student though, the guy needs to learn how to deal with those situations better. The guy's such a wuss and it's hard for me to respect him because of that.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
The thing with Alec and Tom wasn't an isolated incident. I think he 'overreacted' because Tom had been picking on him for a while, such as the time when Alec was massaging his feet and Tom was teasing Alec for being gay, and saying **** like he was gonna put his foot up Alec's ass, in front of Topaz no less. He'd been doing **** like that the whole time and it culminated with him exposing Alec in front of the world, so I think his breakdown had to do with the relentless BS he was taking and the fact that he was stuck in the house with this guy that he didn't know how to deal with.

For a psych student though, the guy needs to learn how to deal with those situations better. The guy's such a wuss and it's hard for me to respect him because of that.
i don't know, alec seemed to think tom was funny during the pedicure. that's why tom probably thought it was "just a prank with my friend", w/the shower incident.

i don't like how alec threw around the term "bullying" either. if that's the definition for being a bully, then isn't tom a victim of bullying when suzette called him a "redneck?"

Old
03-22-2013, 03:46 PM
vwaspired

Alec throwing that HOH was prolly the best move he made in the game. Who wants to have HOH for 10min, especially knowing that it will change nothing on the fact that he is a have not. Better to throw that HOH and have a chance at the real HOH and actually have a chance to eat for once, remember Alec has been on slop for what 3 weeks in a row.

I would have done the same thing in his place.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
i don't like how alec threw around the term "bullying" either. if that's the definition for being a bully, then isn't tom a victim of bullying when suzette called him a "redneck?"
If you go to school these days ... yes.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:09 PM
DatsyukianDeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwaspired View Post
Alec throwing that HOH was prolly the best move he made in the game. Who wants to have HOH for 10min, especially knowing that it will change nothing on the fact that he is a have not. Better to throw that HOH and have a chance at the real HOH and actually have a chance to eat for once, remember Alec has been on slop for what 3 weeks in a row.

I would have done the same thing in his place.
Might be the best move for himself, anyone with a brain would go after him knowing what he was trying to do. He wasn't being generous, in a real HoH competition he would never have done that. He doesn't want blood on his hands (for the final vote) and he screwed over the other player for next weeks HoH by doing that. Andrew is probably not impressed.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:37 PM
vwaspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
Might be the best move for himself, anyone with a brain would go after him knowing what he was trying to do. He wasn't being generous, in a real HoH competition he would never have done that. He doesn't want blood on his hands (for the final vote) and he screwed over the other player for next weeks HoH by doing that. Andrew is probably not impressed.
I think he did this move more with the intention of trying to win the next HOH so that he can finally eat. But even if people were pissed at him for throwing out the comp who is gonna go after him? Tom...gone, Liza...gone, Peter...not likely...Topaz...Doubt it, Floating suzette...yeah right. He is in a powerfull position at this point which i believe will get him to the end with peter. Don't get me wrong here i started hating Alec since the last 2 episode so I'm in no way on his side. I just think that throwing that HOH comp was the best thing to do since that HOH only lasted half a day.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwaspired View Post
I think he did this move more with the intention of trying to win the next HOH so that he can finally eat. But even if people were pissed at him for throwing out the comp who is gonna go after him? Tom...gone, Liza...gone, Peter...not likely...Topaz...Doubt it, Floating suzette...yeah right. He is in a powerfull position at this point which i believe will get him to the end with peter. Don't get me wrong here i started hating Alec since the last 2 episode so I'm in no way on his side. I just think that throwing that HOH comp was the best thing to do since that HOH only lasted half a day.
the way he did it was stupid though and made it completely obvious that he wants everyone else to do all his dirty work. it would have been much better if he just picked the wrong answer and acted like he was pissed off for doing so. For a PhD student, you would think he would realize that

Old
03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
vwaspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
the way he did it was stupid though and made it completely obvious that he wants everyone else to do all his dirty work. it would have been much better if he just picked the wrong answer and acted like he was pissed off for doing so. For a PhD student, you would think he would realize that
Agreed, but it's not like it was that much of a risky move, since most of the people who would have hated him or go after him for doing such a stupid move in front of everyone are gone from the house.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Use the Schwartz*

Just watching now..know who gets eliminated and all but just want to see it for myself..

Alec, the hell dude? I get that people can have issues with their body and all that but I think I've seen him with a shirt on maybe twice. My girlfriend told me about it and I thought maybe for some reason he was out in the open butt naked. Door was open for maybe two seconds?

Just seems off.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Use the Schwartz*

AJ is hysterical

Old
03-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Use the Schwartz*

Weird that they said "Liza.. you are safe" when they evicted her. Usuually they say who gets evicted twice.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:59 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
Funny how one week in BB can change everything. Three days ago I hated Tom and Peter and Alec were my favourites. But over the last two days I warmed up to Tom and realized while he's not a good fit for BB because of how emotional he is, he's also not that bad of a guy. He's just too honest and let's his emotions control him. I was sad to see him voted out because of the drama and entertainment he brought.

Also I can't stand Peter or Alec now. Peter shouts like he's Dan or something in the diary room and think he's some genius. Alec was being a little ***** crying about that shower thing. Seriously can't believe the meltdown he had. It was more embarrassing than him being shown in the shower. Not to mention how he threw that HOH. Just an awful move on his part and made him look arrogant. I really want to be able to like them too because I think one of them is going to win but they sucked this week.

Emmett is probably who I'm pulling for now. Likable and a good competitor. Really though not too many likable people left in the house. Hope it's still entertaining without Tom.
Wow, this is almost exactly how I feel.

In regards to the Tom-Alec situation. It was a dumb thing for Tom to do, and you can tell he regrets it. I think Alec was making a bigger deal out of it then it really was, but I suppose you never know what kind of self-esteem issues he was facing before it happened. For Tom's side of things...it depends on what his intention was. If Alec was dealing with internal issues and Tom knew this and did it because he knew it would wreck him like that...then big...BIGGGGG dbag move. But he didn't...and it's obvious. He did it and meant it as a little prank..kinda like how a teammate would do it in the locker room. There was a chance that it might kinda-sorta show up on slightly bad picture quality on the BB live feeds for a split second, but he didn't think that would be a big deal. Was he naive for thinking so? Maybe. But I would expect the vast vast majority of guys wouldn't think it's as big a deal as Alec does.

In summary, it was an a-hole thing for tom to do, he didn't mean the harm that it caused to Alec internally and didn't think it would impact him that way, and he regrets it.

Also wouldn't be surprised it Alec played the whole thing up, for strategy reasons.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Eytinge

BTW the host we have is brutal. Makes me miss Julie Chen. Arisa needs to go.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Ralph
Stevehead.

HOH:

Spoil:
Alec

No real point in revealing who the whole house wants out... It's been obvious for weeks.

Last edited by Ralph: 03-23-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Knighthammer

They got Miami Marlins toques and ballcaps

Old
03-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Arnold S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
BTW the host we have is brutal. Makes me miss Julie Chen. Arisa needs to go.
The long pauses she does are awful. Her "comments" when people are heading into the diary room are pretty terrible as well. Just everything involving her seems awkward for the most part. Not doing a very good job at all. Other than that I've really been enjoying the show though!

Old
03-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Knighthammer

Uh oh, we're getting another twist next week. Thankfully, it happens after (I hope) Suzette is evicted.

Closed Thread