HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Knee Bursitis

Old
12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Stickchecked

vCash: 500
Knee Bursitis

Anyone ever have knee bursitis? I think I have an acute case of it from playing volleyball and dropping to my knees a lot. This will be my second round of it as the first time I did it, I thought it was a minor MCL sprain which I rehab-ed "responsibly" over a span of 4 weeks.

I'm just curious about how careful to be with knee bursitis. I read that one should rest the joint completely, use RICE and anti-inflammatory medication, all of which I'm doing, and once the pain is gone, you're good to go.

Any words of caution from anyone? I didn't really find too much specific stuff online in regards to returning to sports.

Stickchecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

No answer regarding the knee, but I had hip bursitis and, as you said, I went RICE until the discomfort cleared and would be good to go. It would flare up from time to time, still will very occasionally, but for the most part, it's not a serious ailment and doesn't require a ton of rehab or seem to get a lot worse if you push it. It's just uncomfortable.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Achronos19

I had it in my shoulder from volleyball. I wasn't gonna stop playing with a month left in the season so I played through it icing, taking anti-inflams, and painkillers. Once the season ended I rested it nice and good. We're 4 months into the next season and it hasn't given me any problems.

I'd imagine it'd be worse for you on your knees than my shoulder. I got it after playing a few tournaments running a 6-2. When it got bad we switched back to just me setting the 5-1 so it wasn't too difficult to play through. It would really only get me when I was serving or blocking.

Achronos19 is offline   Reply With Quote