HF Nameless League ; X-Box 360 GM Connected League
Welcome to HF Nameless
With some free time on my hands, I have decided to create a league that is going to be fast paced and dedicated to the die-hard NHL13 and real NHL hockey fans around this board.
It is going to be 50% games played, and 50% sims. The reason for this is because not all of us have time to be NHL13 wizards and compete with some of the skilled guys in other leagues. What this creates is parity and the ability for a lesser skilled guy to compete for a playoff spot through making smart trades and good team building.
This 50/50 pace will also ensure that we go through at the very least 6+ seasons, which means the draft picks we trade matter, the prospects we trade matter and the depth on our team will very much matter as injuries WILL occur through the season. So be careful when making a move and be sure that is what you want to do with your team.
We already have a strong core of the most active guys around, so we are looking for about 15 more guys to fill this league out. I truly believe this league has huge promise and believe it will live up to all of our expectations.
Season 1, there will be triple advances after each block. This way we get into S2 quicker. Then it'll be the normal double advance after the playable block.
Trading and Player Movement Rules;
- There is NO trade limit. Throwing a twist on PWW and RB.
- No trading with the CPU AT all.
- No trading of picks for more then the current year and the year after. For example, if we're in year 2013. The only draft picks that can be dealt are 2013 and 2014.
- No trading of the same players during the same season, which means if you acquire player A you can't trade him til the next season.
- ANY player can be traded in this league. But it must make sense for both sides, and it must suit the direction of the Franchise that is trading their key pieces. I realize we play this game to use our favourite players, so I will not interfere with simple swaps of star players. I will step in if I see a seriously lopsided trade.
- Trades are to be posted in the HFBoards thread by both teams and confirmed. If I do not see these trades confirmed by both sides, I will not accept the trade in game just incase one was “accepted” by accident.
- Columbus Blue Jackets will be rewarded 1st Round Picks in 2013 from the New York Rangers and Los Angelas Kings to reflect their recent acquisitions.
General Rules and Game Play Rules:
- Every team must set their teams to be CPU Playable. This well ensure the most active teams get their games in, and if someone cannot make their scheduled games, you can post on this thread and give all other teams the “Go Ahead” to play your CPU. YOU MAY ONLY PLAY SOMEONE ELSE’S CPU WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION 1 HOUR PRIOR TO ADVANCING.
- Inactive members will be contacted to see what the issue is, and without a real excuse or reason they may be removed to keep the league moving forward.
- I will not accept a CPU DNF higher than 0%. You will get ONE warning if I find it higher than 0%. If you cannot provide a legitimate reason as to why it will be higher, you will be removed.
- Advances will be every 3 days from the start of the league.
- We will play the 1st block. After that first 3 days, I will “advance” ahead a block which will then be FULLY simmed. That will get us to our next block and that will be the one we have 3 days to play.
- NOBODY is to play a game until we are filled at 30 teams or unless I say otherwise.
- Injuries and Salary cap will remain on.
- Note that during a 50/50 sim, long term injuries are a real possibility. It is your responsibility to build a deep and successful team. So it is up to you if you want to deal 2/3 roster players for one big piece.
- I will not accept diving in the offensive zone, or ragging the puck in the last minutes of play if you are leading.
- Please try to arrange scheduled times to play with players via PM on HFBoards, or add your opponents to Xbox Live to see if they are online to play.
- The gameplay will be set to All-Star.
- Back Up goalies must play at least 12 games per season (Simmed or Played).
Waivers are turned off. Simple as that. But don't abuse the system and stash players in the minors.
Thanks to Saw and Chuck for their formats and tables for the first three posts.