HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part X: Is There Any Hope? Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
I second.
i third.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Fans should start a petition to disclaim interest in the league.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:29 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

You just can't help but laugh at everyone who says they're done with the league, they don't care anymore blah blah blah. Those will be the first people in line when the gates open back up again.

12-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
i third.
I 4th

Old
12-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
You just can't help but laugh at everyone who says they're done with the league, they don't care anymore blah blah blah. Those will be the first people in line when the gates open back up again.
I didnt return to being an NHL fan until just last year after the last lockout. I honestly can do without it. I will be a fan if they play this year. If they don't play at all I'm done for while

Old
12-21-2012, 09:32 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I didnt return to being an NHL fan until just last year after the last lockout. I honestly can do without it. I will be a fan if they play this year. If they don't play at all I'm done for while
if thats true then you'd be the exception...lets be honest we spend the majority of our day on a hockey board during the lockout. if there was ever a time to say screw them and walk away from being a fan wouldn't it be now while they aren't playing. 'call me when they have a deal' type thing

Old
12-22-2012, 01:45 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

It wouldn't surprise me if the two sides have had more than just short phone calls. Avoiding the media.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:38 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
Of course the owners and players don't care about you as much as themselves but how are they abusing you and spitting on you? They are inconveniencing you while they try and get as much money for themselves as possible....like almost every person tries to do in their own profession. And you don't need to pay for a Winnepeg/Rangers game in February because someone else will. The Rangers will not see a decrease in attendance but some of the lesser clubs will.
In other professions if the provider treats you poorly they lose your business and eventually fold. Thankfully, the NHL can treat fans like garbage secure in the knowledge that it won't affect their business. Thankful, for them.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:54 AM
mullichicken25

If there was an alternative to the NHL, say for example a college hockey team I could follow and see every game on tv, I'd be done

Old
12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
In other professions if the provider treats you poorly they lose your business and eventually fold. Thankfully, the NHL can treat fans like garbage secure in the knowledge that it won't affect their business. Thankful, for them.
Not as true as you might believe. They've lost almost all of the bandwagon fans they've gained in the last 2-3 years. Nearly all of the growth they've had these past 2 years has been irreparably damaged.

They screwed up. Simple as that. I'm hoping for a year-end lockout, to be honest. There needs to be a change in the way operations are run in the NHL and that starts with a haul from Gary Bettman down. No other sport has had these problems these frequently. Logic would imply that being such a failure at your job would get Bettman dismissed sooner rather than later. One can only hope.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
If there was an alternative to the NHL, say for example a college hockey team I could follow and see every game on tv, I'd be done
Yea, at least I get to watch Boston College every season. I dunno what I'd do with out them. Not as exciting as some NHL games but the championship games are worth the entire season.

If you get the chance I would definitely suggest you somehow watch a BC-BU game. Physical and usually wild.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Not as true as you might believe. They've lost almost all of the bandwagon fans they've gained in the last 2-3 years.

That's the point. All the people coming to post here that they are done with hockey will be the first ones back. They are the most emotional ones, but that's because they are the most emotionally-invested ones. It's the same way that you never break up just because you got into a fight with your long-time girlfriend. She can tell you, "I hate you, I am breaking up with you" but you know it's not real. But the new girl who doesn't care and doesn't pick up the phone because she's out with someone else, that girl is the one who's really gone.

Same here. Those people who scream the loudest that they don't like hockey anymore will be the first ones to have "makeup sex" with the league the second the CBA is negotiated. But all the new fans, all those who were watching hockey casually, they are gone. They won't sign the "I hate the NHL petition", they simply don't care.

Old
12-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Yea. Most will go back, but thats not the issue the league will face. Casual fans are going to drop.

I've seen it in my group of friends. Casual hockey fans just aren't going to care anymore and never become big fans with this lockout BS.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:29 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
For the first time since last Tuesday, direct contact between the NHL and NHLPA. Bill Daly and Steve Fehr spoke today.
Quote:
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Don't be surprised if the talks between the 2 sides resume as early as the 26th or 27th, at the latest. #NHLLockout
Think this is somewhat expected at this point. Start talking now, holidays coming up to interrupt the possible talks. Getting things serious around New Year's Day. Deal shortly after. If there is to be a season, this is the process that needs to happen.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:46 PM
frankthefrowner

Fact is anyone posting on a Hockey Messageboard isnt going anywhere... however people like my father in law who is a casual watcher, will not even bother.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:03 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
ill be back for sure.. ive kinda just tuned this BS negotiating "process" out and will only care again when the puck gets dropped

Old
12-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Think this is somewhat expected at this point. Start talking now, holidays coming up to interrupt the possible talks. Getting things serious around New Year's Day. Deal shortly after. If there is to be a season, this is the process that needs to happen.
It's sad we're at the point where the moves can be drawn out exactly as they are to happen if something were to happen.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Fact is anyone posting on a Hockey Messageboard isnt going anywhere... however people like my father in law who is a casual watcher, will not even bother.
Not only a hockey board. The NFL/MLB/NBA threads on here is what keeps me coming back.

Old
12-23-2012, 07:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I love fighting with the simpletons on the main board.

Quote:
There is also the NHL’s take-it-or-leave-it refusal to accept transition rules regarding amnesty buyouts and the 2013-14 cap that would present clubs mechanisms with which to comply to the new CBA. Rather, the league seems intent on punishing teams that obeyed every rule in the book while spending money in attempting to build champions.

Even if buyouts might add a small amount of money beyond the league’s magical yet utterly meaningless 50/50 split, — under 50/50, a $60M cap and a $44M floor, the Rangers would not be permitted to spend more than approximately 30 percent of their revenue on payroll while the Islanders would be forced to spend a minimum of 54 percent on players, according to 2011-12 Forbes’ revenue numbers that are adjusted for revenue sharing — the amount would be miniscule as compared to the lasting damage incurred by canceling this season.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...xbe05hiewpEqoL

Make a deal.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Oh I'll be back. I love the **** out of this team and I'm completely psyched to see season 2 of Richards and Hagelin, along with Kreider and obviously Nash.

I'm just not gonna spend any money on anything, and that's a fact. That's what everyone who's upset should do if they can, aside from ticket holders not wanting to lose their spot that I can completely understand. Just don't give them money this year... don't go see games, or as many games, don't buy concessions, apparel, etc.

It sends the message loud and clear, while still being a fan.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Pizza

Quote:
My friend and I were laughing about this the other day.:

"I'm done! The players suck. The owners suck. I'll never watch another game....blah, blah, blah"

....and they come onto a HOCKEY chat board to say they are done with the NHL. Funny.

edit: third violation of my self imposed sabbatical. Can't help it. Can't stop talking and thinking about hockey. Can't wait until hockey is back so I can massage my jones.

Old
12-23-2012, 12:12 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Ok so they'll talk wednesday and thursday, lead us on with hope, and then let us down again.

Old
12-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Ok so they'll talk wednesday and thursday, lead us on with hope, and then let us down again.
Probably. At least it's over soon one way or the other.

Old
12-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Optimist Wednesday.
Black Friday.
Same as last time.

Old
12-23-2012, 06:17 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Optimist Wednesday.
Black Friday.
Same as last time.
I feel the same. Anyone who sides with either the PA or Owners at this point needs a reality check. I started on owners but now they are jsut both the enemies to me at this point. I want a deal for my birthday which is actually on January 15th.

Closed Thread