HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Phoenix LXVII; Route66 - Aftermath

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Evil Doctor
Cryin' Hank crying

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondnorth View Post
Greater yet,lockout over,ya baby
Meh, the only good thing about this is hopefully that means the tourists go back home...

Old
01-06-2013, 08:52 AM
DyerMaker66

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Bettman and his trusty bumbling sidekick Daly probably realized sometime last summer that the current season would be lost and nothing would have to be done with the Coyotes until June 2013. The trouble begins if the season does indeed start in January and they have to stick pretend buyer and straw man Gramps Jamison in front of a microphone, pretty hard for the NHL to pretend now once the imaginary January 31st deadline is passed and Gramps is still feigning a play for the team. More than likely a DOZEN two more weeks should suffice to close out the run in the desert.
Bettman is infinitely more bumbling than Daly. Daly knows how to talk to his audience.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:22 AM
GF

Me thinks, the NHL didn't get the tools to relocate the Coyotes. CoG did everything and more to keep them in place so now, the nhl is stuck with trying to find an exit strategy.

GJ will make believe he will be buying the team rapidly, only to find himself hitting the deadline. But by then, the season will have started and the NHL won't be able to move the team. They will probably ask for some more money from CoG to cover this season's expense the city will either say yes or no. A no at that point will be all the NHL and GJ need to bail.

I still don't believe GJ has the money and desire to conclude this deal. If I'm wrong, then GWI will probably kill the deal anyway.

My guess, this is the last season for the yotes, and the next two weeks will be very fun to watch...

Old
01-06-2013, 09:32 AM
OthmarAmmann
Omnishambles

Given the history of this episode, I expect something totally unexpected to occur within the next couple weeks. I presume it'll be quite weird since we're so close to the finish. Perhaps involving a unicorn or some ****.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
DyerMaker66

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas L View Post
Given the history of this episode, I expect something totally unexpected to occur within the next couple weeks. I presume it'll be quite weird since we're so close to the finish. Perhaps involving a unicorn or some ****.
Knowing the NHL, one of Jamison's investors is a criminal in some way.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Nick Kypreos‏@RealKyper

"@JSportsnet: On heels of tentative CBA deal, good news from Phoenix the Jamison Group on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes from NHL"

Retweeted by Michael Grange
Expand Reply
This sounds like great news for Coyotes fans. If true, my congratulations to all of the long-suffering fans. It would be a great way for them to start a new year and a new season.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
This sounds like great news for Coyotes fans. If true, my congratulations to all of the long-suffering fans. It would be a great way for them to start a new year and a new season.
Yes i agree, has much at it would pain me has a Nords fans, it would be great for the Coyotes fans, and we could finally move on to another subject.... maybe expansion!!

Old
01-06-2013, 11:14 AM
pondnorth

They can`t make official till Monday because the bottle return depot is closed today.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Lux Aurumque*

If this "deal" is put through...

What a load of crap! Not to mention, an atrocity to Glendale taxpayers, most of which DO NOT want the Coyotes there anymore.

Hopefully Goldwater steps in and sues over this crap.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post

What a load of crap! Not to mention, an atrocity to Glendale taxpayers, most of which DO NOT want the Coyotes there anymore.

If most didn't want the team to be there, they would have signed the referendum.

Last edited by MoreMogilny: 01-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF View Post
Me thinks, the NHL didn't get the tools to relocate the Coyotes. CoG did everything and more to keep them in place so now, the nhl is stuck with trying to find an exit strategy.

GJ will make believe he will be buying the team rapidly, only to find himself hitting the deadline. But by then, the season will have started and the NHL won't be able to move the team. They will probably ask for some more money from CoG to cover this season's expense the city will either say yes or no. A no at that point will be all the NHL and GJ need to bail.

I still don't believe GJ has the money and desire to conclude this deal. If I'm wrong, then GWI will probably kill the deal anyway.

My guess, this is the last season for the yotes, and the next two weeks will be very fun to watch...
The timeline will come and go, as will GJ, proving once and for all what a fraud he is! To the COG, and its newly appointed Mayor and Council, do what is right! Spurn the NHL and their handout mentality, let the team walk, in the end the city will be far better off.

As for GJ, you have roughly three weeks to go. I am calling your bluff, if you have the coin, as you have so steadfastly assured all of us for so long, well lets see the money Mr. secretive. This is going to be fun watching as he squirms in his seat attempting to put the best spin possible on why he will be unable to close the deal. With todays news of a potential CBA agreement in hand, wouldn`t you think that GJ would be arranging a Monday morning presser to announce his plans? I think this guy will never show his face again in Glendale, opting to send a crudely constructed letter with his intention to fold his bid!

Whats left? 48 games at Jobing and then a new future in another local for the Coyotes!

Old
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
If most didn't want the team to be there, they would have signed the referendum.
If they want the team so badly why don`t they attend the games?

Last edited by MoreMogilny: 01-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 2066
Quote:
I wouldn't say people don't want them there, but I'd say that people don't care/know enough about the issue to sign a petition.

Last edited by MoreMogilny: 01-06-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:42 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
If they want the team so badly why don`t they attend the games?
That wasn't the argument I was making. Try again.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:43 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
I wouldn't say people don't want them there, but I'd say that people don't care/know enough about the issue to sign a petition.
That's on citizens of that city not being politically involved then. I merely made a comment on a stupid statement.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:37 PM
GF

Quote:
I think his comment is right on. This team wouldn't need a 320m$ subsidy if people actually went to see them play.

I bet very few people in Glendale knew about the referendum efforts. A lone 80something guy waiting outside the library can do so much. To make a referendum work you need people and money. He had neither.

But just for the sake of discussion, do you truly believe that citizens of Glendale would vote yes to a 320m$ subsidy to keep the Coyotes in Glendale? I don't live in the area, so I have no idea what is the mood there. And the few Coyotes fans on this board are obliviously real hockey fans thus biased to any solution to keep their team. I wonder what is the general mood regarding the Coyotes??

Last edited by MoreMogilny: 01-06-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF View Post
I think his comment is right on. This team wouldn't need a 320m$ subsidy if people actually went to see them play.

I bet very few people in Glendale knew about the referendum efforts. A lone 80something guy waiting outside the library can do so much. To make a referendum work you need people and money. He had neither.

But just for the sake of discussion, do you truly believe that citizens of Glendale would vote yes to a 320m$ subsidy to keep the Coyotes in Glendale? I don't live in the area, so I have no idea what is the mood there. And the few Coyotes fans on this board are obliviously real hockey fans thus biased to any solution to keep their team. I wonder what is the general mood regarding the Coyotes??
The citizenry of Glendale comprise a large populace of what is now being called, "low information voters". The financial missteps by the Glendale council have not yet caught up with the average household, that fiscal cliff is about to hit the city in the form of higher property taxes, which portends lower property values, higher sales taxes and other usury taxes that will be unappreciated. It is only at that point that the electorate will fully understand how their Mayor and Council have sold the city down the river with this utopian concept of larger government and no fiscal restraint!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post

Goldwater is sitting in wait! They will be more than interested in challenging the AMF, as it contains subsidies that outweigh the management fee by 2-1!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Goldwater is sitting in wait...
I believe so, leaving the gates wide open for Greg Jamison & the NHL to march clean out of town, all flopping jowls & red eyed anger about "but for 3rd party intervention" yada yada yada... Goldwater likely not even having to drop a writ. I wish I could be more optimistic, the fans and the city deserve a lot better, but my cynicism Im afraid, she runs' deep.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Puckschmuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
I believe so, leaving the gates wide open for Greg Jamison & the NHL to march clean out of town, all flopping jowls & red eyed anger about "but for 3rd party intervention" yada yada yada... Goldwater likely not even having to drop a writ. I wish I could be more optimistic, the fans and the city deserve a lot better, but my cynicism Im afraid, she runs' deep.
Sorry for the OT but I have to comment. You are now in the "off again" portion of your "on again off again" mod career. Why is that?

Old
01-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Sorry for the OT but I have to comment. You are now in the "off again" portion of your "on again off again" mod career. Why is that?
Well, your supposed to PM people with such questions Ps, but just so everyone knows, lets just say Im a tad quixotic. Like a Wild Mustang,"unbreakable" and wont backdown. Nasty with the hooves & teeth when crossed or when people fail to comply to requests. Round peg, square hole.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Regardless of whether it comes to fruition, Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Yes i agree, has much at it would pain me has a Nords fans, it would be great for the Coyotes fans, and we could finally move on to another subject.... maybe expansion!!
Thanks. I hope if/when serious talks begin regarding Quebec getting an NHL team, that Coyote fans will show their support for the Quebec fan base.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:37 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
I as well!

Old
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
manisback121

Speculation: GWI has the complaint and the preliminary injunction/TRO papers drawn up with few blanks left. If AZ is efiling state, that puppy gets filed before the proverbial ink dries!

Old
01-06-2013, 02:35 PM
halligan10

I have not read about the bew cba. Is the sharing down to 50%? Did bettman announced 2 expension team? If not, the list can be destroyed

Closed Thread