HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXVII; Route66 - Aftermath

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

vCash: 500
I hope someday we can all see the hypocrisy within ourselves. Those of us on the keep the Coyotes in Arizona side of the fence post in the Coyotes ownership threads, and we read and understand the points being made by those we agree with, we add to those points or in most cases just repeat the same thing over and over again. More importantly, we ignore and refuse to open our minds to the thought that somebody on the Coyotes should not stay in Arizona side may have valid points. While this may make our egos feel good, it does nothing for our growth as humans, especially our minds. Those on the Coyotes should not remain in Arizona side of the fence post your thoughts, and those who agree with you, add to them or in most cases repeat the same thing. You read the posts of those who think the Coyotes should remain in Arizona and refuse to open your minds that we may have some valid points, and respond once again with the same rhetori why the Coyotes should bugger off from AZ.

I think we all agree that while we may side with the players or the NHL in regards to the lockout, we gripe about the loss of our beloved NHL hockey, and why the players and owners are getting nowhere because each side sticks to their rhetoric and refuses to put themselves in the other sides position to see how they can work with them and come to an agreement.

do you see what I'm saying? We criticize both sides of the lockout for doing the same thing that we do in regards 2 the Coyotes ownership saga. Unfortunately the majority of us have given up trying to post with any intelligence, and just try to make the other side look stupid. We all fail at that , but one thing we don't fail at and succeed to great lengths is making ourselves look stupid. Hooray, we're all doing a great job at something .

Happy holidays, see you next year

Old
12-24-2012, 11:42 AM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Sales tax increase to sunset. Lol. I just don't see that actually coming to pass.

Old
12-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Happy Christmas All!....

Old
12-25-2012, 11:19 AM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Happy Christmas All!....
Merry Christmas to Killion et all...

Old
12-25-2012, 01:59 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Merry Christmas to Killion et all...

Bown-noser....

Merry Christmas to all!

Old
12-25-2012, 02:27 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Clarkonomics? The same illness that infects our National politicians in attempting to deal with unbalanced revenues and expenses. In our nations capital they have resorted to kicking the can continuously down the road while funding what they can with quantitative easing policies.

Seems the same game is being attempted by the COG, unfortunately they do not have the printing presses at their disposal. The figures that Mr. Skeete is continually confronted with reveal a rapidly deteriorating financial position facing Glendale. Rather than fix it by introducing prudent reductions in expense items they want to double down spending! Sound smart? The new mayor and Council will need to find a way to tell GJ that they are no longer in the sports welfare business and if is truly interested in purchasing the team he will need to find a new banking relationship. His civic banker JOyce Clark has been fired and the bank (COG) has denied his loan.

Say TL, I am still waiting for your team economic projections! I gave you mine, now lets see yours?

I don't deal in projections... I'm still waiting for actual numbers from you.

So until you can come up with some your argument is pointless.

Old
12-25-2012, 02:29 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas L View Post
Sales tax increase to sunset. Lol. I just don't see that actually coming to pass.
It depends....

There's a state sales tax increase in AZ that's sunsetting soon. An initiative to extend it went down in flames in the last election.

Old
12-25-2012, 02:34 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
So I take it that there has been no confirmation that Jamison has actually signed a lease beyond tweets from Shannon and Clark?
Shannon was in error.

Skeete has signed it... the docs were to be sent to Jamison for his signature. No word yet on that but given the holidays it isn't surprising.

Old
12-25-2012, 02:36 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Bown-noser....
LOL!

Old
12-25-2012, 03:35 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Happy Christmas All!....

Merry Christmas Killion, thanks for the humor and cheer you bring with each and every post!

Last edited by Killion: 12-25-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: You messed up the quote function... Rum n' Eggnog... Mmmm. Tasty huh?
Old
12-25-2012, 03:40 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I don't deal in projections... I'm still waiting for actual numbers from you.

So until you can come up with some your argument is pointless.
TL, Merry Christmas!

I never said they were actual numbers, but they are in the ballpark of projections and seem to sync with past years. The point i was making is that give or take a million on the expense or revenue side, these projections show the losses to be substantially more than you claim.

Now it is your turn, I dont expect you to have, much less know, the real numbers. BUt I would like to see how you come up with a $15MM loss?

Old
12-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Evil Doctor
Damn you Taylor Reed

Quote:
Shannon was in error.

Skeete has signed it... the docs were to be sent to Jamison for his signature. No word yet on that but given the holidays it isn't surprising.
Shannon is always in error. I figured if he had signed it, it would have received more news than a Shannon and Clark tweet.

But thank you for the confirmation.

Old
12-25-2012, 05:41 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

[QUOTE=mesamonster;56798513]
Quote:
Merry Christmas Killion, thanks for the humor and cheer you bring with each and every post!
I think this post was meant for me but whatever.

Last edited by OttawaRoughRiderFan: 12-25-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old
12-25-2012, 05:53 PM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Quote:
It depends....

There's a state sales tax increase in AZ that's sunsetting soon. An initiative to extend it went down in flames in the last election.
I was speaking more to fiscal realities rather than political will, but in the case of the latter Glendale's most recent increase wasn't subject to popular vote and the initiative to kill it failed miserably.

I will be quite sad indeed if Jameson fails to close this deal.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:53 PM
aqib

Quote:
I was speaking more to fiscal realities rather than political will, but in the case of the latter Glendale's most recent increase wasn't subject to popular vote and the initiative to kill it failed miserably.

I'll be sad if he does close. Especially if Goldwater does nothing. Its an anti-climactic way for this to end. I wanted a dramatic council vote or a court hearing. Then a big press conference announcing the move and parade in Canada.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:47 AM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqib View Post
I'll be sad if he does close. Especially if Goldwater does nothing. Its an anti-climactic way for this to end. I wanted a dramatic council vote or a court hearing. Then a big press conference announcing the move and parade in Canada.
^^^^^^^^
I respectfully want the opposite of this

But for the first time ever, I really feel we have two weaks left (intentional not correct spelling lol)

The silence is once again deafening. "Maybe" signed an agreement. GJ "might be" in town. "Hope" to get things done.

Drives people crazy no matter what side of the coin you're on.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:58 AM
goyotes

I used to think "how much longer can it go" when referred to Bush v. Gore and the hanging chad fiasco down in Florida.

I now think the fiasco down here in Arizona with the Coyotes may never be matched in sports history. The great fans in relocation markets such as Hamilton and QC deserve better. The die hard fans down here in Arizona that have supported the team also deserve better. The irony of the entire situation is that the Coyote situation may be resolved before the labor situation in the NHL.

If you will recall, the first lock out cost Arizona the NHL Allstar game. This lock out may cost the Coyotes hoisting their first ever division banner.

My hope is for a speedy resolution on both fronts. Obviously, for selfish reasons I would like the Coyotes to stay in Arizona where I can enjoy NHL hockey as a STH. But, if it is not in the cards, I would like to see a quick reloction to QC for next year. I think any other location, particularly Seattle, would be an injustice.

Cheers, and a early Happy New Year to all on the BoH.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
I used to think "how much longer can it go" when referred to Bush v. Gore and the hanging chad fiasco down in Florida.

I now think the fiasco down here in Arizona with the Coyotes may never be matched in sports history. The great fans in relocation markets such as Hamilton and QC deserve better. The die hard fans down here in Arizona that have supported the team also deserve better. The irony of the entire situation is that the Coyote situation may be resolved before the labor situation in the NHL.

If you will recall, the first lock out cost Arizona the NHL Allstar game. This lock out may cost the Coyotes hoisting their first ever division banner.

My hope is for a speedy resolution on both fronts. Obviously, for selfish reasons I would like the Coyotes to stay in Arizona where I can enjoy NHL hockey as a STH. But, if it is not in the cards, I would like to see a quick reloction to QC for next year. I think any other location, particularly Seattle, would be an injustice.

Cheers, and a early Happy New Year to all on the BoH.

Nice post, don't think hockey will ever work financially in Glendale, not to say NHL hockey couldn't have worked in Arizona, if the Coyotes arena had been built in Scottsdale I don't think we would even be talking about ownership, losses or relocation. That being said the team does need to be moved to QC ASAP.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Quote:
You and me both. This would be the second most disappointing event in these past few months if this is how it ends in January.

The first being the end of the world as we know it. Here I was with my hopes held high my armory loaded and stocked ready for the Mayan apocalypse when what should occur? NOTHING, no fire, no brimstone, no zombies, no booming voice, NOTHING. What a major disappointment. I was truly looking forward to putting a hole through zombie Justin Beiber, so much that I cried myself to sleep on December 22, 2012.

My Faith cannot be restored! Ever!

That is unless the Coyotes move to QC or Glendale declares bankruptcy (not that I'm wishing either upon it's citizens).

Old
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
aqib

Its not like we were asking for a WWF style contract signing where PKP comes out and hits Joyce Clark in the head with a steel chair and then holds Jamison's hand up in the air in victory after which he grabs the mic and says "you really didn't think someone was going to actually invest in a hockey team in the desert did you? You didn't think it was funny Greg wouldn't relieve who his investors were? IT WAS ME. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

All I asked for is press conference in a Canadian city announcing the team and a parade. I would even give on the parade.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Mightygoose
I Am Groot

Quote:
Its not like we were asking for a WWF style contract signing where PKP comes out and hits Joyce Clark in the head with a steel chair and then holds Jamison's hand up in the air in victory after which he grabs the mic and says "you really didn't think someone was going to actually invest in a hockey team in the desert did you? You didn't think it was funny Greg wouldn't relieve who his investors were? IT WAS ME. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

All I asked for is press conference in a Canadian city announcing the team and a parade. I would even give on the parade.
I'll take the WWE style ending for how long this saga has gone. Perhaps, they can make the signing a Pay Per View which can justified as helping fund the AMF - more money for Libraries.

After PKP hits Joyce Clark with the chair. Vince McMahon can come out and say to her YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

Keep the parade

Old
12-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Evil Doctor
Damn you Taylor Reed

Quote:

I am of two minds on this. There is my good side (think of him as Doktor Frogg with a halo), that wants to see this deal fail for the good of Glendale so they have a chance to to get their finances back in order.

Then there is my evil side (think of him as me with devil horns, pointed tail and pitchfork) that wants the deal to go through so we can watch the community finally disappear beyond the financial event horizon and relocation still happens. Would it create a new paradigm for sports leagues/franchises or will we hear the excuse "we're not Glendale/it's not the NHL"?

Old
12-27-2012, 06:08 PM
aqib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
I am of two minds on this. There is my good side (think of him as Doktor Frogg with a halo), that wants to see this deal fail for the good of Glendale so they have a chance to to get their finances back in order.

Then there is my evil side (think of him as me with devil horns, pointed tail and pitchfork) that wants the deal to go through so we can watch the community finally disappear beyond the financial event horizon and relocation still happens. Would it create a new paradigm for sports leagues/franchises or will we hear the excuse "we're not Glendale/it's not the NHL"?
I think you will hear a lot of "we aren't Glendale." We have discussed ad nauseum why Glendale is an extreme example of poorly executed funding of sports facilities. Once the Oilers and Red Wings deals are done, which will be in the next few months Calgary will be the only team looking for an arena in the near future. It won't be hard to convince Calgary to build an arena.

The As and Rays are the only MLB teams looking for new ball parks in the near future. The Kings are the only NBA team looking for an arena. Not sure what the Bucks are going to do but I don't see anything about them demanding a new facility.

The NFL is going be interesting. The Falcons demanding a new stadium when there is nothing wrong with the Georgia Dome which is only 20 years old.

Old
12-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Ugmo

I don't care what happens to Glendale. After all, they elected all these morons.

I just want to see a team in Quebec City toute de suite.

Old
12-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Mightygoose
I Am Groot

More from mr. shoalts from the globe & mail

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle6758950/

From the article

"Greg Jamison says he hopes to close the purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes in January, and while the usual doubters point out this is simply the latest in a long line of such predictions, they are giving him full marks for creativity in his hunt for investors.

This is due to Jamison’s novel but failed attempt to find investors through the Immigrant Investor Program of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Two sources familiar with his investment plans said Jamison, the former president of the NHL’s San Jose Sharks, tried to raise at least some of the $170-million (all currency U.S.) purchase price by using what is also known as the EB-5 program."

Isn't the money supposed to be sitting in escrow ans we're all set to go?

More that makes you go hmmmmm.....

Closed Thread