Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

La Liga 2012-13 II

Old
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Song is just an above average player.
The EPL/Arsenal hype machine turned him into a monster DM, but frankly, he never was. He's a guy that is very good at winning the ball high on the field. He's a decent passer, but not Barca good. So yeah, not surprised.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
So Song is Chygrynskiy 2.0

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Valencia are the receivers of Madrid's rage and frustration it seems lols

Old
01-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Another solid Atleti game today!

Cin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
One of Mascherano or Song should be sold in the summer, the other should stay to back up Busquets but not play CB. Sucks that Valdes wants to leave but I would sell him at the end of the season to get rid of the distraction. Hoping for ter Stegen and Hummels, but realistically expecting Guiata, with Bartra and Muniesa getting more minutes.
I'm losing faith with Bartra & Muniesa if Song and Mascherano are first to get put in their natural positions. If Fontas' play in Mallorca is any indication of his abilities, then the Barcelona staff waited too long to get rid of him.

I'd take a gamble on Marc Valiente for cheap, he's having a nice little season for Valladolid and he's a product of the cantera.

Good riddance on Valdez and I don't blame him for leaving, it's just the way he handled which was poor. I'm hoping they make a move for Mattia Perin.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Yup.

Alexis Sanchez is ??? I'm the only one who keeps saying this, but I'd rather have Bojan back. Cuenca & Tello need some more playing time too.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Perd Hapley
Ya Heard With Perd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I'm losing faith with Bartra & Muniesa if Song and Mascherano are first to get put in their natural positions. If Fontas' play in Mallorca is any indication of his abilities, then the Barcelona staff waited too long to get rid of him.

I'd take a gamble on Marc Valiente for cheap, he's having a nice little season for Valladolid and he's a product of the cantera.

Good riddance on Valdez and I don't blame him for leaving, it's just the way he handled which was poor. I'm hoping they make a move for Mattia Perin.
It looks to me that Tito doesn't have the same faith in the young players that Pep did, which is sad. If he doesn't think Bartra and Muniesa are good enough Papadopoulos from Schalke has been solid whenever I've watched him and would probably be less than 20 million. Instead of Bojan coming back Deulofeu should get more minutes and hopefully a new contract soon, he has the same agent as Valdes and I'd hate to see him leave too.

Perd Hapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:02 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Sociedad did will to smother the midfield and to me it looked like Busquest, Xavi, Messi and Cesc were making too many pedestrian passes with the 2-0 lead. The loss was deserved IMO and hopefully it pisses them off so they can get the win against Malaga who I'm sure are going to play with more confidence.

The Mascherano experiment really does need to end. It was great that he was able to fill in at CB last year, but he needs to go back in midfield. Pique's first yellow was absolutely childish. He can maybe get away with that at the Camp Nou but he sure as hell wasn't going to get away with it at the Anoeta.

Abidal is training again so maybe he can fill in at some point... Alex Song sucks.
There was a period of maybe three passes tops that the team gave away too easily in the first half, but for the most part they handled La Real's attempts to smother the midfield. Still full credit to Sociedad for the workrate they put in.

The Mascherano experiment isn't a total failure. Again, I'd prefer buying a proper CB, somebody like Hummels, but Mascherano will still be an option at the back. People forget about his 10-11 season where he was definitely one of the best CBs in the game that season.

Quote:
Depor lost to Osasuna, at this point, it's going to take a miraculous run to not go back to segunda.....sigh : (
Away to Osasuna isn't easy, especially this time of year.

Quote:
One of Mascherano or Song should be sold in the summer, the other should stay to back up Busquets but not play CB. Sucks that Valdes wants to leave but I would sell him at the end of the season to get rid of the distraction. Hoping for ter Stegen and Hummels, but realistically expecting Guiata, with Bartra and Muniesa getting more minutes.
Mascherano should go? Why on earth would you say that? He's been good overall since he joined the club, has been fine with some rotation, is a veteran who adds to the dressing room if you read the comments from him and his passing is very good especially from deep. Unless Mascherano wants to leave, his contract is coming due soon or we get some big offer for him there's no way he should be sold. And for the record I don't really like Mascherano.

Quote:
I'd say that's a stretch at this point. Chygrynskiy cost more and wasn't as "established" as Song was when we signed him.

Quote:

What? Muniesa has been on the sidelines with a long term injury and Bartra's been given some good chances not to mention he was recently injured for a few weeks before the break. Fontas' days seem numbered, but the other two still look options at this point. Not to mention they're both really young.

Valiente? You're losing faith in Bartra and Muniesa because they're not getting the minutes and you want Valiente?

And I'm sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, but how did Valdes handle it poorly? He's got another 18 months or so left on his contract and he's decided that he won't be renewing giving the club a lot of time to find a suitable replacement. On top of that there's nothing to suggest that he won't be professional and give his all especially considering it helps him out just as much as the club if he does so. I mean I don't agree with his salary demands if the reports are true, but if it's also don't begrudge him looking for a good wage or wanting to try another league.

Quote:
Yup.

Alexis Sanchez is ??? I'm the only one who keeps saying this, but I'd rather have Bojan back. Cuenca & Tello need some more playing time too.
Again, Cuenca has been injured. He's been promoted this year but he's been injured with long term injury and is just coming back.

Tello's been given plenty of chances and while he's impressed at times, IMO he's been disappointing overall. On top of that, he was recently (we're talking the last two months or so) given a new contract until something like 2016.

As for Sanchez, while he's struggled this season he had flashes last season. I also agree with Tito to an extent, that if he's missing chances like he did against Malaga then he's putting himself into positions to get them which has been the case plenty of times this season. Some of the work he does off the ball also benefits Messi and some of the other players. At the very least give him until the end of the season. He's still quite young, has a good workrate and we're not entirely playing him in what is his best position. Maybe in the Summer it'll be time to consider his position, but I'd get rid of at least one other player in his position if not two before I let him go.

Quote:
It looks to me that Tito doesn't have the same faith in the young players that Pep did, which is sad. If he doesn't think Bartra and Muniesa are good enough Papadopoulos from Schalke has been solid whenever I've watched him and would probably be less than 20 million. Instead of Bojan coming back Deulofeu should get more minutes and hopefully a new contract soon, he has the same agent as Valdes and I'd hate to see him leave too.
Read above on the kids. IMO they're generally getting some good chances if they're fit. And all of this is not to mention that if they want to play they need to knock the door down and not wait for it to be held open for them.

Less than 20 million? So could have Vertonghen and so could this Mbiwa, both of whom seem relatively cheap. Still I'd like to see us make a serious move for Hummels.

Agreed on Deulofeu over Bojan. On top of that Deulofeu has seemed to start leading the B team in terms of his performances. He's having a good season from a personal standpoint, how that translates into the team play I don't know yet. From what I can tell he doesn't have the same agent as Valdes though.

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Alexis Sanchez is one of the most frustrating players I've seen in years play for Barça, my god how can somebody miss so many clear cut chances, its incredible.

Its weird to say this with the hell of a season we're having but IMO some changes need to be done, I would promote Deulofeu as soon as possible and sell Villa or Alexis.
Sell Valdes and get ter Stegen or Lloris.
Get Hummels!!!!!

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

les habs, I'm aware of the Cuenca/Muniesa injuries and all that you have said. It's just debate for the sake of debate really. Barcelona really have several options for a new CB and goalie. It's fun to speculate and give your 2 cents either way.

Btw, Pique, Cesc and Alba all left Barcelona only to come back as seasoned players, who's to say Valiente wouldn't be able to do the same at a cheap cost?

Old
01-24-2013, 04:25 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Fagregas flops

Then Malaga scores

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Fagregas flops

Then Malaga scores
Yeah, flops he clearly got stomped on.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

barca takes the lead

nice goal

Old
01-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Fagregas flops

Then Malaga scores
Flops? lol

I'm not saying it was a fault, it was clearly unintentional but god that was not a flop.

Barça was a machine today, one of the best performances this year, what a game this was, excellent played by both teams

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Flops? lol

I'm not saying it was a fault, it was clearly unintentional but god that was not a flop.

Barça was a machine today, one of the best performances this year, what a game this was, excellent played by both teams
I would say they were a machine in the 2nd half. I love it when they play like this. They have really played their best football on the road this season imo.

So, another Clasico matchup. I believe the first leg at the Bernabeu is already scheduled for next week?

edit: yes it is. 2nd leg at the Nou Camp on feb 27th

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
I would say they were a machine in the 2nd half. I love it when they play like this. They have really played their best football on the road this season imo.

So, another Clasico matchup. I believe the first leg at the Bernabeu is already scheduled for next week?

edit: yes it is. 2nd leg at the Nou Camp on feb 27th
Stupidest, schdueling ever!!!! I have a test on the exact same time.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Well, Deportivo will be the next Rangers, they're drowning in debt and under arbitration like Zaragoza was, see how it turns out. Hope Zara's owner buys the team and turns it into La Liga's Chelsky or City : )

Old
01-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Hey guys, since Barca B are currently in 5th place and Villarreal in 7th, are Villarreal in the "playoff picture" for the final spot in the promotion zone since B teams cannot be promoted?

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Yes.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Perd Hapley
Ya Heard With Perd

Quote:
Well, Deportivo will be the next Rangers, they're drowning in debt and under arbitration like Zaragoza was, see how it turns out. Hope Zara's owner buys the team and turns it into La Liga's Chelsky or City : )
I don't think any sugar daddy will touch a la liga team with the unbalanced tv deal, look what happened with Malaga the last 6 months. Although you'd probably rather be comfortably in fifth then in the relegation battle.

Perd Hapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Savi

Man, another tough loss for Depor. Nothing is going right for them.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
Man, another tough loss for Depor. Nothing is going right for them.
Couldn't see the game today but I know Valencia scored in the 92nd minute with Depor playing 2 men down lol if that's not a sign I don't know what is I give up, this team was destroyed by the Joaquin Caparros era and Lendorio

Old
01-26-2013, 10:51 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Good news for Valencia : Algeria is going home after their match vs Ivory Coast, which means Feghouli will be available soon

Old
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Savi

Messi with 4 goals already. Still over half an hour to play

Old
01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Panteras
perennial loser