HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part IIX: The How Do Roman Numerals Work? Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 06:20 AM
  #876
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I lied. I'm back.

I'll see your coconut water and raise you a coconut oil.

**** is snake oil. It's amazing.

Tip of the day: it is a natural anti fungal. If you have cloudy yellow toes coconut oil will clear it up. Truth.

Do you cook much with it?
Coconut water: When cooking all things French and when I start to add more and more components to things and I season everything individually (as one should), my meals can become rather rich. I always have fresh coconuts laying around to crack one open to drink because it's by far the single most refreshing thing ever.

Tip of the day: When you have a fever or when you're feeling dehydrated, sore, under rested, drink fresh coconut water or canned ones if that's what available. It cools your body down in a magical way hence why they're tropical. The coconuts are there for all the evolutionary tropical creatures to cool down.

Coconut milk: It's a great replacement for a lot of things that can become "Just another heavy creamed down" dish. Although I prefer cooking with more finesse and never letting the balance slip, it's lovely to have around. Then there are the things that are meant for coconut milk. Green curries, this lovely Indian roasted goat, panna cottas.

I got a sorbet machine a while back and I loved anything coconut milky. A little splash of acidity, a little mint and coconut milk, some whole milk to thin it out and a few other sorbet related ingredients and you get lovely lightness and flavor. It's always great to have really light and creamy foods. Ever since winter started, I've been on this weird coconut milk, quality plain yogurt, greek yogurt, avocado madness.

When I decide to dig in and make a properly conceptualized and executed meal, things tend to become slightly heavy and so a bit of avocado mousseline, spiced yogurt or cucumber water always brings thing back into balance.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  #877
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
Watching Boomer and Carton right now, apparently Sydney Esiason (Boomer's daughter) went to her high school prom with Danny G three years ago

She's a smokeshow, too.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:34 AM
  #878
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,341
vCash: 500
Doesn't that man have a 2 year old child?

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
  #879
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
There was a bag of pizza rolls in the freezer and I ate them all in one sitting. What is wrong with me

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:10 AM
  #880
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Doesn't that man have a 2 year old child?
OOOOOOOO DRAMA! I don't think Landon is 2 years old. Adorable kid, but I don't think he's two.

In the personal life of silverfish update, since I don't post in the OT thread as much anymore:

TL;DR: I need to get on a good, solid workout routine. I need a job. I need more money. I need to get over my ex once and for all!

I've been terribly lazy recently, and it's a problem. I'm not working out at all anymore, and can't find the motivation to do what I was doing in terms of "lifting" (I put it in quotes because I think you all may remember that while I do lift, I'm not doing it to the point that I need to be doing it). It is my goal for this weekend to get to the gym with my brother, and hopefully turn my life back on track come next Monday, in terms of working out, and finding a good healthy routine, that is.

I'm still applying to about 3 jobs a week, which is a decent amount but also not enough. Still no interviews since July. Haven't hit a commission in my internship (with Mitch Beck, so if any of you need any inside info on the CT Whale, I'm your guy ) in a couple of months now so the money flow has been stagnant. Which is especially bad because I know I'm going to spend money I don't have on Rangers tickets

If you recall after new years I spoke about passing up a sure thing because I'm still not over my ex. Looking back on that night, I was kind of a dick to this girl. She was flriting with me all night, and I knew what her ultimate goal was going to be and I didn't stop her until she straight up just went for it. I should have made my intentions clear in the beginning, rather than just letting her go all night. In my defense, I did NOT flirt back, so she could have taken the hint, but didn't. But that's unfair to assume, and I should have been more honest. Our mutual friend has been telling me that the girl pretty much hates me now That's ok, never going to see her again.

The ex... Haven't spoken to her since she started dating her new boyfriend back in August, and it's been totally weird not having her in my life. Something I'm still trying to get used to. But yesterday her best friend, who was her roommate at school so I know her pretty well too, texted me because she knows I'm a huge hockey fan and wanted to congratulate me on the lockout ending. We ended up chatting for a little bit and catching up. Now, I've never initiated contact with the friend, I'm respecting my ex's space. But this is the third time the friend has contacted me since I've cut off communications with my ex. In our conversation yesterday, she asked me if I "had any ladies in my life." I felt that was a pretty ****** move on her part. But maybe not because she has no idea how hung up on my ex I still am. Which is inherently pathetic considering she's had a new boyfriend for 5 months now. In this whole situation I'm just trying to stay mature, and keep some sort of a professional status about it. In my three conversations with the friend I've never brought up my ex, or asked how she was doing. Which I find unfair because I BET my ex is getting the information that her friend gets from me from her (does that sentence make sense?) so I find that a little unfair. But whatever. Anyways I just answered her by laughing it off and being like "hahah no, no ladies in my life right now but I'm not looking either so there's no surprise there."

Hard to get over the girl you thought was the one I guess, even when she is so clearly over you. I have to get that mentality that if she doesn't want to be with me, then why should I want to be with her? Gotta stop thinking she was perfect, gotta get her off that pedestal. It'll come soon... I hope

I sound like a really depressing person. On a bright note, it was absolutely amazing having a lot of my friends back in town! Got to play sports again, and be more active, and get out of the house more, so that was great.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
  #881
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 500
I'm in your boat with jobs and money, and with being lazy lately. I've been making it to the gym and getting a good work out in almost daily, but it's a battle right now to get myself in the car and go. Once I get there it's fine. Still can't believe how lazy and unmotivated I am.

As for the girlfriend situation, the fact that she's had a boyfriend for almost half a year makes it more important that you get to moving on. Honestly, the ex's friend asking if you have a lady in your life sounds a lot less like she's relaying info to the ex and more like she might have had/has a thing for you herself. I dated a girl in college who had a much less attractive out of shape roommate whom I was around virtually every day for like two years who stayed in touch with me after I broke up with her roommate. She was always suggesting we hang out and I always made excuses or just blew it off because I had no real interest in her whatsoever, even as a friend; I had simply known her because I dated her roommate. Eventually after like two years of her facebooking me and occasionally texting me she asked to hang out one day and I made a typical excuse about having other things to do and she straight up offered me sexual favors up front. It was very funny. I just didn't respond and she hasn't contacted me since. Anyhow, I'm not suggesting your quite in the same boat with your ex's roommate but, clearly, it does happen. My ex and this girl are still good friends so their friendship clearly wasn't getting in the way. But anyhow, just something to think about because I think you might be reading too far into the roommates' intentions; automatically associating her with your ex, you think of talking to her as almost talking to the ex but it's very possible that she occasionally initiates contact with you simply because she wants to, and asks about your love life because she's interested.

And by the way, aside from not carrying on, making scenes, leaving pathetic voicemails or otherwise violating your basic dignity as a man, there is no professional and grown up way to deal with a breakup. There's no real code; you just move on and do you. Not at all suggesting you'd be into her friend, for example, but if you were, that's not really your/her problem and if you ex got upset about it well... she's your ex; I hardly would change a thing in my life if one of my ex's had something to say about it. Again, only using that as an example because I know nothing about this girl. Simply saying, worrying about the 'how' of handling the situation with getting over your ex is not that important. As long as you're not begging, sending her messages, etc. just get over her in whatever way works for you; 'professional' or not. A hook up probably wouldn't be the worst thing.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:45 AM
  #882
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
It's good insight, but definitely not the case. The friend is in a very long-term relationship right now, and her boyfriend is about to move in with her. They're as close to engaged as you can get without being engaged, but I'm sure that will change shortly. I hope she's smart enough not to invite me to the wedding, because I don't want to feel awkward by saying no She definitely could be asking just because she wants to keep in touch, and not because she's relaying information to my ex. Gotta stop reading between the lines that might not be there though.

Definitely not making scenes or anything like that. I ****ed up in July, before this new guy came into the picture. We broke up in mid-June, and I asked her if she wanted to get back together on July 1st. Got shot down, and after that have just been trying however it goes to get on. Definitely haven't been making scenes, or begging, or anything like that. Trying to keep my dignity as a man I suppose Like I said, no contact since August.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:46 AM
  #883
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,380
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
OOOOOOOO DRAMA! I don't think Landon is 2 years old. Adorable kid, but I don't think he's two.

In the personal life of silverfish update, since I don't post in the OT thread as much anymore:

TL;DR: I need to get on a good, solid workout routine. I need a job. I need more money. I need to get over my ex once and for all!

I've been terribly lazy recently, and it's a problem. I'm not working out at all anymore, and can't find the motivation to do what I was doing in terms of "lifting" (I put it in quotes because I think you all may remember that while I do lift, I'm not doing it to the point that I need to be doing it). It is my goal for this weekend to get to the gym with my brother, and hopefully turn my life back on track come next Monday, in terms of working out, and finding a good healthy routine, that is.

I'm still applying to about 3 jobs a week, which is a decent amount but also not enough. Still no interviews since July. Haven't hit a commission in my internship (with Mitch Beck, so if any of you need any inside info on the CT Whale, I'm your guy ) in a couple of months now so the money flow has been stagnant. Which is especially bad because I know I'm going to spend money I don't have on Rangers tickets

If you recall after new years I spoke about passing up a sure thing because I'm still not over my ex. Looking back on that night, I was kind of a dick to this girl. She was flriting with me all night, and I knew what her ultimate goal was going to be and I didn't stop her until she straight up just went for it. I should have made my intentions clear in the beginning, rather than just letting her go all night. In my defense, I did NOT flirt back, so she could have taken the hint, but didn't. But that's unfair to assume, and I should have been more honest. Our mutual friend has been telling me that the girl pretty much hates me now That's ok, never going to see her again.

The ex... Haven't spoken to her since she started dating her new boyfriend back in August, and it's been totally weird not having her in my life. Something I'm still trying to get used to. But yesterday her best friend, who was her roommate at school so I know her pretty well too, texted me because she knows I'm a huge hockey fan and wanted to congratulate me on the lockout ending. We ended up chatting for a little bit and catching up. Now, I've never initiated contact with the friend, I'm respecting my ex's space. But this is the third time the friend has contacted me since I've cut off communications with my ex. In our conversation yesterday, she asked me if I "had any ladies in my life." I felt that was a pretty ****** move on her part. But maybe not because she has no idea how hung up on my ex I still am. Which is inherently pathetic considering she's had a new boyfriend for 5 months now. In this whole situation I'm just trying to stay mature, and keep some sort of a professional status about it. In my three conversations with the friend I've never brought up my ex, or asked how she was doing. Which I find unfair because I BET my ex is getting the information that her friend gets from me from her (does that sentence make sense?) so I find that a little unfair. But whatever. Anyways I just answered her by laughing it off and being like "hahah no, no ladies in my life right now but I'm not looking either so there's no surprise there."

Hard to get over the girl you thought was the one I guess, even when she is so clearly over you. I have to get that mentality that if she doesn't want to be with me, then why should I want to be with her? Gotta stop thinking she was perfect, gotta get her off that pedestal. It'll come soon... I hope

I sound like a really depressing person. On a bright note, it was absolutely amazing having a lot of my friends back in town! Got to play sports again, and be more active, and get out of the house more, so that was great.
This. Happened to me, had that mentality, then she came back and stuff after I almost forgot who she was. I activated "TCRF dick mode" though.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
  #884
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
This. Happened to me, had that mentality, then she came back and stuff after I almost forgot who she was. I activated "TCRF dick mode" though.
Yeah I gotta get there. This was my first serious relationship though, my first real heart-break. So it's taking a while, which I knew it would. I think it's just a little bit harder knowing it was so much easier for her than it has been for me. But like MPF said gotta stop focusing on her and focus more on just doing me.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
  #885
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
It's good insight, but definitely not the case. The friend is in a very long-term relationship right now, and her boyfriend is about to move in with her. They're as close to engaged as you can get without being engaged, but I'm sure that will change shortly. I hope she's smart enough not to invite me to the wedding, because I don't want to feel awkward by saying no She definitely could be asking just because she wants to keep in touch, and not because she's relaying information to my ex. Gotta stop reading between the lines that might not be there though.

Definitely not making scenes or anything like that. I ****ed up in July, before this new guy came into the picture. We broke up in mid-June, and I asked her if she wanted to get back together on July 1st. Got shot down, and after that have just been trying however it goes to get on. Definitely haven't been making scenes, or begging, or anything like that. Trying to keep my dignity as a man I suppose Like I said, no contact since August.
Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that her contacting you had to mean she LIKES you, but it could just mean she likes you and enjoyed knowing you when you dated her roommate and is interested in keeping in touch despite no longer seeing you around. The point was more, like you said, to stop reading between the lines. When you stop seeing your ex everywhere, comparing things to your ex, imaging scenarios with your ex, associating people, places and activities with your ex, you'll start getting over your ex. Meanwhile, I have no idea how long you guys dated, but the fact that she got into a long term relationship about 2 months after you guys split would help me get over her pretty well.

The other thing though, is that if your ex suddenly broke it off with her current boyfriend and a week or so later started talking to you and after a week or so of casual texting said she wanted to get back together, you might jump at it at first or shoot it down out of spite, and either way, you'd likely be torn in making the decision and if you got back together, the fact that you spent 5 months unable to get over her, passing on sure-things, etc. while she was off loving life in a relationship would probably eat at you a bit. If you simply move on, no skin off your back, and start living your life, should she ever end up single and initiate contact with you, you'll be in a much better place to make a decision about whether you'd actually want to go for round 2 and you would be a lot less likely to have 'buyer's remorse' if you got back together. My girlfriend and I have been together five years. In 2009 my life went to hell; my mom had been sick for a couple of years, my grades were falling apart, I wasn't working out, didn't want to socialize, hardly went to class at all and basically barely left our apartment. We were living together and except for hockey practice/games or when she'd drag me out on a weekend to see our friends, she was the only person I socialized with besides my playstation and my bong (haven't smoked in 3 years, but that's a different story!). My mother passed away that year, I became significantly less sociable and obviously had feelings and angers that I really had nowhere to direct which she often ended up having to bear and eventually she dumped me. It was devastating; I knew she was the one and I'd just lost my mom and now her?

Well, I'd lost her because I'd been a miserable, depressed, moody *****. I transferred down to CW Post for a semester, partied my ass off, made a bunch of friends, hooked up with a lot of girls and occasionally my ex would text me to check up on me. When I realized that I was no longer the moody, depressed character that got me dumped in the first place, I one day suggested she come down to one of my parties at Post. She did, and we hooked up. A few weeks later, she came back and we hooked up. A few weeks later I took her to dinner and asked her why we weren't dating. She explained how miserable I'd gotten and I asked if I didn't seem different now. After 4.5 months apart, we got back together and have been ever since. The only way that I ended up getting back together with her though was by saying **** it and not thinking about her. I'm not saying I didn't think about her ever, but I definitely went on with my life, hooked up with a lot of girls, met a lot of new people and had a blast. Post will always stick out as 5 months that were a ton of fun, albeit a bit reckless because, beneath my partying exterior, I had just lost my mom and girlfriend and was dealing with some heavy shiz. But the point is, I was in a much better mental state to reestablish our connection and determine if I really wanted it because I hadn't been dwelling on her, had experienced a bunch of other women and had made a new social life that didn't need her at all. If I hadn't transferred and had stayed at my old school, in my old routines and I'd have thought about her all the time, seen things and places that reminded me of her, I probably wouldn't have hooked up with a lot of girls because my happiness and confidence would have been lower and I ultimately either wouldn't have gotten her back, or if she'd given me the chance, I would have blown it again. Instead, I forgot about her for a few months, added some stamps to my man card and when she came back around, I was a more impressive man than I'd been when she left me. We're very happy, living together, and will get engaged when I find a ****ing real job.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
  #886
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
We dated for just under two years. Were "together" for about 2.5. Thing is, towards the end of our relationship, when I was moving back to Long Island and she was staying in the WNY area to move back home, I think at first we both had it in our mind that it was probably going to end when school ended in May. Well, come April I realized that isn't what I wanted for us, and wanted to keep it going, but by that time she was so set on us just fizzling out, she was too involved in that scenario and couldn't be changed. Looking back, our relationship really started dying on her end in May, which is why I think she didn't have a problem charging into another relationship soon after. Here's the kicker, it's a long-distance relationship, at least for now I don't know what their deal is really, only that she's in WNY, and he goes to school in Virginia. **** me, right? So it's a little easier in the sense that nothing at home really reminds me about her, as she never lived on Long Island. But things like the NHL, and other interests that we shared that I still have make me think about her all the time. Really hoping in the first Rangers-Sabres game that we take it to them and crush them like 8-0 while injuring Miller AND Enroth, shattering their chances at a playoff run this season (sorry TCRF ). Hopefully not serious injuries! Because I don't want to wish that on anyone, but enough to miss a solid chunk of the short season

Everyone I explain this scenario to, her breaking it off because we were going to be long-distance, then entering a new long-distance relationship, has not hesitated to tell me that they think it as a ***** move on her part; and I can see that, but it's harder for me to adopt that point of view, at least at this point. And the one thing that really angers me these days is that if her new relationship fell through, and she came back, I'd probably take her back. Not instantly, I'd want to really examine how we get along now, she could be a completely different person, but I probably would. It's been extra difficult to just move on with my life because I really have "no life" right now. No job, no school, no car, not too many friends in the area; so that part has been tough. But it's definitely providing me extra motivation to get out there and get a career and make something happen.

I'm sorry to hear that your 2009 was such a ****** year, nobody should have to go through anything like that. To lose two people you love in such a short period of time, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies. But it really sounds like you and your girlfriend have a great thing. I know that you guys do a lot of hockey related things together and share a ton of similar interests, and that's awesome. You wife that girl when you can, MPF!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM
  #887
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 500
Yeah it was a nightmare year; as you might imagine difficult to get over. The reason I shared was to stress the importance of just that. I had to move on from my mom's passing and getting dumped and neither seemed possible but dwelling on them was only making worse happen. Of course I didn't just get over them like that; I'm still making sense of my mom's death to this day. I just couldn't wallow in it. I had to change my way of thinking. I couldn't let hockey remind me of my ex because, god bless her rangers loving soul, I'm 1,000,000x the hockey fan she is and it was mine before we shared it; I played it and loved it long before her and will always love it regardless of memories we shared. I couldn't let going hiking remind me of her because, even though we enjoyed it together, that was something mom instilled in me and a gift she'd given me before she passed and I was going to enjoy it and honor her memory, not let it remind me of pain.

Basically you have to start taking things back. Enjoy the memories you have but don't glorify them either. Moreover, get active and share things with new people. Find people to watch the upcoming games with, out at a bar or in a fun social setting. Join a gym or a club. Join a team; hockey, softball, soccer. Whatever you play. You need to meet people who will give you new reasons to get out and meet girls or just make new memories to fill your head and distance you from the ex. Do you play ice hockey at all? Where did you say you live on LI? Plainview?

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
  #888
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Yeah it was a nightmare year; as you might imagine difficult to get over. The reason I shared was to stress the importance of just that. I had to move on from my mom's passing and getting dumped and neither seemed possible but dwelling on them was only making worse happen. Of course I didn't just get over them like that; I'm still making sense of my mom's death to this day. I just couldn't wallow in it. I had to change my way of thinking. I couldn't let hockey remind me of my ex because, god bless her rangers loving soul, I'm 1,000,000x the hockey fan she is and it was mine before we shared it; I played it and loved it long before her and will always love it regardless of memories we shared. I couldn't let going hiking remind me of her because, even though we enjoyed it together, that was something mom instilled in me and a gift she'd given me before she passed and I was going to enjoy it and honor her memory, not let it remind me of pain.

Basically you have to start taking things back. Enjoy the memories you have but don't glorify them either. Moreover, get active and share things with new people. Find people to watch the upcoming games with, out at a bar or in a fun social setting. Join a gym or a club. Join a team; hockey, softball, soccer. Whatever you play. You need to meet people who will give you new reasons to get out and meet girls or just make new memories to fill your head and distance you from the ex. Do you play ice hockey at all? Where did you say you live on LI? Plainview?
Near Plainview, in Syosset. That's the ultimate goal. I want to get up to around 165lbs of good weight (at ~145 now) and then hit the ice for the first time in my life. So this coming weekend I plan on hitting the gym with my older brother, if he comes home for the weekend which he normally does, and start getting into a healthy routine. Gym in the morning then work hard during the day to get a career. I want everything to fall into place, but I know I need to work harder to make it happen.

Definitely good advice on trying not to glorify the memories. She's still on that pedestal in my head, and I'd love to knock her off of it.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
  #889
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 500
Okay so I skate in syosset regularly and you're welcome to come down anytime. You don't really need to bulk up to play pickup since there's no contact. That shouldn't stop you from continuing to work out bit you don't have to wait until you've gained weight to come try it. I also just interviewed in syosset for a bank position.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
  #890
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Okay so I skate in syosset regularly and you're welcome to come down anytime. You don't really need to bulk up to play pickup since there's no contact. That shouldn't stop you from continuing to work out bit you don't have to wait until you've gained weight to come try it. I also just interviewed in syosset for a bank position.
Really? Where at, IceWorks?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
  #891
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 500
Yessir. Skates are a total mixed bag. Guys my level and up, older guys of various fitness levels, beginners skating for their first or second time, kids switching from roller. Total crap shoot but usually a fun skate. They keep it on the smaller ice, 4v4 and everyone gets to handle the puck. I've watched guys skate their first skate, keep coming back and develop into decent novices. And there's definitely dudes that are your size and lighter. Doesn't matter. If you wanna skate let me know. I haven't skated since November so I've been dying to anyway.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:38 PM
  #892
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,165
vCash: 50
I really enjoyed reading this page. Some things I will definitely keep in mind for the future.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:49 PM
  #893
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 500
Glad we could entertain...

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:02 PM
  #894
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Yessir. Skates are a total mixed bag. Guys my level and up, older guys of various fitness levels, beginners skating for their first or second time, kids switching from roller. Total crap shoot but usually a fun skate. They keep it on the smaller ice, 4v4 and everyone gets to handle the puck. I've watched guys skate their first skate, keep coming back and develop into decent novices. And there's definitely dudes that are your size and lighter. Doesn't matter. If you wanna skate let me know. I haven't skated since November so I've been dying to anyway.
I'll keep that in mind. I need to hit a commission soon so I can a) get a new phone. b) perhaps invest in some new hockey gear. and c) save more money!

Nice to hear that there are sometimes some first-timers there, so I shouldn't be too embarrassed to try and lace 'em up one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I really enjoyed reading this page. Some things I will definitely keep in mind for the future.
Yes! Learn from my experiences!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:20 PM
  #895
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 11,659
vCash: 1252
I want a Wii U.

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:35 PM
  #896
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 500
I don't. It looks like a toy. I'm done with Nintendo. The wiimote ruined a lot of decent games. I don't want to have to play Zelda with motion sensors. I'm happy with traditional consoles.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
  #897
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,341
vCash: 500
blood, urine samples, ultrasound, xray, pills. I'm in trouble!

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
  #898
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Rangers Nation on FB/Twitter is so stupid

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  #899
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,341
vCash: 500
Thomas and McI keeps a good home.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:55 PM
  #900
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,070
vCash: 500
Check Hank's twitter. Ouch.

__________________
Krampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.